Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Massive congrats folks. Great heart at the end. That Healy was dying for the cause when he sprung from the bench.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Massive congrats folks. Great heart at the end. That Healy was dying for the cause when he sprung from the bench.

From another Galway man biggest congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Congrats to the Kildare team and fans. Full value for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Offaly can feel a bit aggrieved that bottom team in McDonagh got a play off, while they were automatically relegated.

Antrim keep dodging the bullet because of these inconsistencies. Kildare should have been automatically promoted after winning the Christy Ring.
    The bottom team didn't get a play-off. Meath were automatically relegated. Antrim were second last and the reason for the play-off this year is to make the Joe McDonagh Cup a 5 team group just like the Leinster and Munster championships for next year. If Kildare win the Christy Ring Cup next year they will be automatically promoted. However, I do think the way it was implemented this year is a farce and Kildare should have been promoted.

On a brighter note. Well done to Kildare on fighting for Newbridge, getting it and then backing it up on the pitch. The game needs another team in Leinster and I'm glad their season has picked up hugely since the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

As a Meath man I have no great love for Kildare GAA and I must admit I have been known to say I hate Kildare.

However, it has been great to see your whole county united in a fight to see fairness prevail. Too many counties bow to Croke Park and blindly do what they are told.

Tonight was total vindication for all the actions taken during the week.

I fear I may now want Kildare to go on and make the Super 8s and I might even want them to get a win or 2.

You have gained one more admirer this week but don't get too used to it. Come the O'Byrne Cup 2019 I'll be back to normal spitting venom from the terraces of Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

My heart is broken but fair play Kildare! It was an epic - hope ye have a long summer ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Speaking as a Mayo fan, I'm gutted.

But full marks to Kildare. A really strong performance this evening. And a deserved win.

Huge respect for the united front you guys put together this week to face down the meddling nonsense from the CCCC.

Hopefully the draw on Monday goes well for ye....looking forward to seeing Kildare in the Super 8s.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kevin Feely and Johnny Byrne named to start in place of Niall Kelly and James Murray for tomorrow's match.

Hope you enjoyed the game Klairondavis.
    Great result, you guys needed it and hopefully you will get a few more.
    Thanks again for all the local updates throughout the year, you never give up, I hope is a good night for you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to Kildare, made a big stand during the week over the venue but they stuck to their guns and backed it up tonight with a great performance. Hopefully now they can back it up and make it to the super 8's.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I can't really add anymore than has already been said. But for what its worth, I already applauded Kildare for taking a stand on this fixture. Well done on the win. I had a sneaky feeling you could do it. A memorable week for you guys! Could be more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Well done lads,deserved your win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Great scenes at the end. I have been to so many GAA matches over the years but only a handful where there have been scenes like that. Those are the matches to cherish and remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Miccoli wrote: »
    Well done to Kildare tonight showed great heart , no love lost as a Dublin fan but great to knock out them mayo pr1cks.

FFS sure your a Dublin fan..??!!!
    Great win, as a dub living in Kildare I'm delighted for the county. Knew Mayo wouldn't do much this year but falling to Kildare was a surprise.
    They will be back...great supporters and team.

Keep going Kildare...nice for Leinster to be better represented

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Congratulations. Savage win.

Forget about all that crap during the week. The real "stand" happened today.

Don't let yerselves down in the next one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    Well done lads,deserved your win.

You can be a mod for a few months now

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Incredible win, we gave it everything and more. If we add consistency to our game and play like that more often we will be a match for anyone. Hon the Lilies.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

My biggest fear is the players treating this like a final when in reality we've just reached the same stage we were knocked out at last year.

Taking every team at their best I think kildare are definitely a top 8 side so should have been 1/4 finalists last and this year. Hopefully this scalp helps put some belief in the team. Is there really that much distance between Kildare and Donegal/Galway/Monaghan/Tyrone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Im from Meath, but hope Kildare stuff Mayo

Go and win the All-Ireland now lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

For anyone at the game yesterday was there any signs of the concerns headquarters had over health and saftey.
    Just a concern going forward , if we draw another big team at home would they have it moved on us. Say release a statement that no grounds with a capacity of less than 10k could hold future super 8 games and qualifying games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Ye could have beat them by another 3/4 points

And fitted in another 3000-4000 people in the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

For anyone at the game yesterday was there any signs of the concerns headquarters had over health and saftey.
    Just a concern going forward , if we draw another big team at home would they have it moved on us. Say release a statement that no grounds with a capacity of less than 10k could hold future super 8 games and qualifying games
    My dad was at it and I asked him same question and he said he has seen more of a crowd at a county final. He said loads of room to spare and could have easily held 12,000 without issue.
    Plenty of stewards and guards and even traffic flow wasn’t to bad..

harr wrote: »
    My dad was at it and I asked him same question and he said he has seen more of a crowd at a county final. He said loads of room to spare and could have easily held 12,000 without issue.
    Plenty of stewards and guards and even traffic flow wasn’t to bad..

I was thinking that myself of the few clips I've seen (don't have sky sports) the Royston terrace end looked sparsely populated to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

OttoPilot wrote: »
    My biggest fear is the players treating this like a final when in reality we've just reached the same stage we were knocked out at last year.

Taking every team at their best I think kildare are definitely a top 8 side so should have been 1/4 finalists last and this year. Hopefully this scalp helps put some belief in the team. Is there really that much distance between Kildare and Donegal/Galway/Monaghan/Tyrone?

Not between Monaghan and Tyrone but I think the 4 provincial champions are clearly the top 4 teams at the moment and that's often not the case. I don't see kildare beating any of the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Regardless of anything this week is a well publicised saga that we need to get our sh*t together and upgrade Conleths. It should have been done during the boom but the constant articles about "plans for Conleths" will never come to fruition unless some financial risks are taken. We need at least a 20k stadium. If it means getting on our knees and begging for a bit of a grant even, so be it.

With a promising lot of talent coming through, all the support they can get will be pivotal.

Regardless of anything this week is a well publicised saga that we need to get our sh*t together and upgrade Conleths. It should have been done during the boom but the constant articles about "plans for Conleths" will never come to fruition unless some financial risks are taken. We need at least a 20k stadium. If it means getting on our knees and begging for a bit of a grant even, so be it.

With a promising lot of talent coming through, all the support they can get will be pivotal.
    This is true with the recent county wins in the last two weeks of the younger age groups what young lad/girl would aspire to play in the 80s relic of a county grounds we have.
    In saying that I believe the atmosphere there last night was something to behold .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Home advantage - really made a difference. Delighted for Kildare - treated like sh1t during the week but came through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They definitely wouldn't have beaten Mayo in Croke Park. The mood in the camp also massively lifted after winning the battle against the GAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I agree , have people seen the plans for the new stadium and what do people think? I still think it looks inadequate for what we need ..
    A green field site should be looked at and start from scratch.

Advertisement