Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Hope ye beat the rhubarbs now

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LandersDublin

howiya wrote: »
    He suggested there would be crowd trouble. Is that not thuggish behaviour?

What was the official line behind closed doors?

Was the word thiggish behaviour used?

Or was the portion of text.

"The risk would be that people would get involved with other spectators, that's the risk.

"I wouldn't call it crowd trouble but there could be animosity shown to people who had tickets and they couldn't get them, claiming they were regular supporters of Kildare."

Wind your neck in men in HQ have done more for the promotion of Gaelic sports then you will ever know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Why? Your aware the CCCC voted Yesterday that the decision should be overturned. 2 members the controlling interest made the decision, and it was an error.
    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You seem to be well informed Landers. Who made the decision, im guessing FMcG is one anyway?

Paddy Power knew too - the odds for it being in Newbridge got slashed to 1/7 yesterday evening and odds for it being in Croke Park went out to 5/1.

Bookies are very rarely wrong.

As for crowds - Derby usually gets crowds of 20,000+, but with building work, that down to 8,000, so no issue there as total match and derby crowd will be less than a normal derby crowd.

GAA simply did not think this through and acted with undue haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

Was the word thiggish behaviour used?

Or was the portion of text.

"The risk would be that people would get involved with other spectators, that's the risk.

"I wouldn't call it crowd trouble but there could be animosity shown to people who had tickets and they couldn't get them, claiming they were regular supporters of Kildare."

Wind your neck in men in HQ have done more for the promotion of Gaelic sports then you will ever know.

What does get involved mean?

As for your last sentence. Just because someone has done good in the past doesn't mean they can't be wrong on occasion and shouldn't be called out for it.

We all do plenty to promote Gaelic sports and culture. It doesn't mean we can't be wrong on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LandersDublin

What does get involved mean?

As for your last sentence. Just because someone has done good in the past doesn't mean they can't be wrong on occasion and shouldn't be called out for it.

We all do plenty to promote Gaelic sports and culture. It doesn't mean we can't be wrong on occasion.

But we know the decision was wrong, everyone does. They were called out but yesterday an agreement was apparently met by Kildare CB and HQ .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Paddy Power knew too - the odds for it being in Newbridge got slashed to 1/7 yesterday evening and odds for it being in Croke Park went out to 5/1.

Bookies are very rarely wrong.

1/2 was available on Newbridge as venue up until it was announced. I was on the market just before it got pulled. Croke Park was 9/4. This was @ 11.20am this morning.

So a swing again from last night this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Great to see that fairness has prevailed.

Back to sport. Hopefully a big crowd for the u17s game against Laois later on this evening:

DgrgqoZXkAEcN8I.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He didn't have to go on the radio and make a bollix of himself

FYP

Leinster MFC HT:

Kildare 1-3 Laois 0-1

Leinster MFC FT:

Kildare 5-10 Laois 1-6

4-7 from Kildare in an excellent second half display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Well done chaps!

I really did not think they would back down.

Hopefully that will make them abide by their own rules. As Dub I said Wicklow should have had game in Aughrim.

Kildare have made huge statement for benefit of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Quick Q for someone more knowledgeable,

Does or will 8200 pack the place out? I thought I saw someone say 11K were at the Antrim match a few years back. Or is it just a case of every terrace will still be visually full just density isn't as high as it was in previous higher capacity events.

Under 20 team for tomorrow night's semi-final against Offaly in Tullamore:

DgwpEk8XkAALnZ7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Well done to the minors last night brilliant win, if anyone hears anything about a ticket let me know, like every year I've been to all the matches this year and don't wanna miss out on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

lillielad wrote: »
    Well done to the minors last night brilliant win, if anyone hears anything about a ticket let me know, like every year I've been to all the matches this year and don't wanna miss out on this one.

You really should have a season ticket with such a perfect attendance record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭FionnK86

2 to 1 for Mayo ticket allocation, but I think that was to be expected. Amount of Mayo season ticket holders was well documented during the row and don't think county board should apologize.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2018/0628/973853-kildare-fans-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Im from Meath, but hope Kildare stuff Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bonner

Why did Kildare turn their backs on Laois when they were in the same predicament in 2016. Laois were denied home advantage against Dublin and looked for support from the leinster counties in a vote . Not one county backed Laois in their stance and they had to play the game in Kilkenny.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    You really should have a season ticket with such a perfect attendance record.

Not normally needed considering I'm a Kildare supporter theres feck all matches where there does be a struggle for tickets...

Eirgrid Leinster U20FC Semi-Final:

Offaly 2-1 Kildare 2-7 (HT)

Paddy Woodgate and Brian McLoughlin with the Kildare goals.

• Advertisement

Brian McLoughlin with a third Kildare goal and then picks up a black card for stopping the keeper taking a quick kickout.

Eirgrid Leinster U20FC Semi-Final:

Offaly 2-5 Kildare 3-14 (FT)

Fine win. Meath (again) or Dublin in the final next week.

Well done to the U20's great win only thing I would be wary of is we are still conceding goals. Got a ticket for tomorrow absolutely buzzing!! Hon the Lilies!!

Kevin Feely and Johnny Byrne named to start in place of Niall Kelly and James Murray for tomorrow's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Offaly can feel a bit aggrieved that bottom team in McDonagh got a play off, while they were automatically relegated.

Antrim keep dodging the bullet because of these inconsistencies. Kildare should have been automatically promoted after winning the Christy Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Offaly can feel a bit aggrieved that bottom team in McDonagh got a play off, while they were automatically relegated.

Antrim keep dodging the bullet because of these inconsistencies. Kildare should have been automatically promoted after winning the Christy Ring.

Absolutely, the joint statement during the week said it all. Total farce.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Half time and looking like a nail biting second half
    Looks to be a load of free space on the terrace at the Royston end

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

On fire the first 15 minutes. Few bad wides, a few questionable frees for Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Up the fcking lillies. Delighted for them. Now to heat Cork in the next round. What a game.

Advertisement