Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Powers wouldn't be taking big money on a bet like that. May well be that someone tried to get a bet who they suspect knows something however.

If it is moved, and I hope it is, how will they sort the ticketing given that I assume lots of people have already bought online.

They need to make a decision asap in the interest of both teams and sets of supporters. It's only three days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bonniedog wrote:
    If it is moved, and I hope it is, how will they sort the ticketing given that I assume lots of people have already bought online.

Only way to sort the ticketing is to cancel all tickets for the Croke Park game and resell whatever they have for the Newbridge game.

Tickets bought online could belong to people from Cavan/Tyrone who wont be showing up to Newbridge, so you couldn't use tickets already bought to get into Newbridge.

I'd be in favour of letting everyone who attended the League game between the two sides have first preference on the tickets (but that will never happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LandersDublin

Rumor I've heard this morning is newbridge will have the match on the grounds that Cian dropped the interview last night and the furore stops

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rumor I've heard this morning is newbridge will have the match on the grounds that Cian dropped the interview last night and the furore stops
    Well if true then they're taking their time telling people about it!

Well if true then they're taking their time telling people about it!

I'm about 95% confident it's accurate info. Game will be played in Newbridge even though it seems impossible at minute

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Haven't seen this much activity in here since the geezer left.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

But is is similiar in the sense that the ground was deemed suitable for Longford v Carlow in the previous round.

But because Longford v Kildare would have brought a bigger crowd it had to be moved.

The GAA have stated that if it was anyone other than Mayo then Newbridge would be the venue. But because Mayo bring a bigger crowd Newbridge is not suitable.

And that is a complete farce.Kildare losing home advantage because Mayo have excellent support is a very strange way of going about things.

Home advantage should be just that ,if you come up against one of the big names then its an all ticket sell out and although many won't get to go thats just unfortunate .

If teams in Super 8 start losing their home game because of capacity the GAA is on a slippery slope and I'd expect plenty of casual fans to lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Honestly if Newbridge holds 9000 there should be a 7000 / 2000 (at the most) split on where the tickets go.

Home advantage is supposed to be an actual advantage, not just the right to play in your local ground packed to the rafters with rival supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

So Newbridge it is at 7.00pm. www.rte.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Delighted for Kikdare .Stood up for themselves and won.

Hopefully more counties start to do similar.

I'm about 95% confident it's accurate info. Game will be played in Newbridge even though it seems impossible at minute

Can I subscribe to your newsletter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 packiec50

So Newbridge it is at 7.00pm. www.rte.ie

Where do I get my ticket. If I don't get one, I'm going to hang out in the car park in Newbridge fighting with people who have one

deiseach wrote: »
    Can I subscribe to your newsletter? :D

I broke the news before the meeting took place at 10:15 in HQ hahah. But anyway I loved being challenged on it to then be proven right haha.

packiec50 wrote: »
    Where do I get my ticket. If I don't get one, I'm going to hang out in the car park in Newbridge fighting with people who have one

tenor.gif

packiec50 wrote: »

Ticket info will be released by 2pm. There is an arrangement set up keep your eye on Twitter GAA page or RTE news now app.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly. I'd say there's a few red faces up in gaa hq. And the hot weather not doing them any favours.

Hon the Lillies!

beertons wrote: »
    Deadly. I'd say there's a few red faces up in gaa hq. And the hot weather not doing them any favours.

Hon the Lillies!
    Why? Your aware the CCCC voted Yesterday that the decision should be overturned. 2 members the controlling interest made the decision, and it was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Delighted, well done Kildare. Good to see a CB with some balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good to see that those Health and Safety concerns have been addressed and totally weren’t some spurious bull**** concerned up by the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Why? Your aware the CCCC voted Yesterday that the decision should be overturned. 2 members the controlling interest made the decision, and it was an error.

You seem to be well informed Landers. Who made the decision, im guessing FMcG is one anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Delighted for Kildare. Fair play CO'N.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Well done Kildare! Hopefully it will give people with decision making authority pause for thought before assuming they can spend home advantage without fear of repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You seem to be well informed Landers. Who made the decision, im guessing FMcG is one anyway?
    Funnily enough he disagreed so I heard. But the decision is brought to a CCCC agenda, it is then given a proposal number which it was Monday, there is a controlling interest within the CCCC which would have the final say. They ruled croke park on safety grounds ( I believe it was for financial reasons) this waw then over ruled last night on a count decision and this morning @ 10:15 decision was overturned officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

You heard the interview from the chairman of the CCCC yesterday morning? If that didn't leave a few red faces in HQ then they've no shame at all

howiya wrote: »
    You heard the interview from the chairman of the CCCC yesterday morning? If that didn't leave a few red faces in HQ then they've no shame at all

Yes, but I also am aware what was happening behind closed doors. Yes he toed the line as he had to as he is there to do a job. Doesn't mean personally he agreed with it.

Yes, but I also am aware what was happening behind closed doors. Yes he toed the line as he had to as he is there to do a job. Doesn't mean personally he agreed with it.

He didn't have to go on the radio. He didn't have to suggest that the GAA's customers are thugs. Was that the official line behind closed doors?

howiya wrote: »
    He didn't have to go on the radio. He didn't have to suggest that the GAA's customers are thugs. Was that the official line behind closed doors?

Someone getting carried away. Thugs wasn't mentioned, animosity was.

• Advertisement

Someone getting carried away. Thugs wasn't mentioned, animosity was.

He suggested there would be crowd trouble. Is that not thuggish behaviour?

What was the official line behind closed doors?

Advertisement