Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Leinster MFC Semi Final:

Kildare 2-13 Wicklow 2-10 (HT/ET)

Leinster MFC Semi Final:

Kildare 3-13 Wicklow 3-13 (AET)

Great competitive game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great to see Wicklow so competitive at minor level.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Sh1te was hoping it would be on Croke Park at 12 before the senior game.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Kerry match date - ffs.

Give me my bank holiday overnight stay. Raging with that one, thought it would line up perfectly with the Sunday night for a cracking night in Killarney after. Saturday will be decent but still. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Minors won 2-12 to 1-13

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

John.Icy wrote: »
    Kerry match date - ffs.

Give me my bank holiday overnight stay. Raging with that one, thought it would line up perfectly with the Sunday night for a cracking night in Killarney after. Saturday will be decent but still. :D:D

I'll be in Tralee on my hols, might pop over for the craic. Kerry wife though, spin back might be a bit quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

beertons wrote: »
    I'll be in Tralee on my hols, might pop over for the craic. Kerry wife though, spin back might be a bit quiet.

Sounds like a double win.

• Advertisement

Unchanged for Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

U20 match against Kerry on TG 4 right now

Eirgrid U20FC Semi-Final:

Kildare 0-9 Kerry 0-8 (HT)

Hyland and McLoughlin have the beating of the Kerry full back line but we are giving away too many frees up the other end.

Wouldn't want to overhype but jesus I am excited about Jimmy Hyland.

An unreal talent at his age. Watch this space.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to overhype but jesus I am excited about Jimmy Hyland.

An unreal talent at his age. Watch this space.

The space has been watched for half a decade by most around Kildare re Jimmy in fairness!

A genious. Can make space in a split second..

So alert all the time

This kerry team are relatively bad but this is a brilliant performance apart from the discipline, or lack thereof, at times in defence.

The alertness of the forwards is top drawer

Jesus, how have they put themselves in this position. : (

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah 7 points up with 4 to go goal really put the pressure on , great to hold on though

That wasn't good for the heart. The only negative is that we won't have Jimmy Hyland for the Super 8s now!

Suppose I meant in a senior level and the heights I think he'll reach to watch for - an underage sensation for sure but not every youth star makes the transition they are earmarked for - I think he could be very special indeed.

What a performance. What a coaching performance.

I'm giddy with Kildare football these weeks.

• Advertisement

A nice mix of physically big and small players. You'd be looking for a good few to move up a level in the future with their physique , shooting and game intelligence at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Lads that was unreal, honestly the craziest match I've seen. what a win!! Hyland Masterson and McCloughlin are incredible players some effort by the whole team infairness. Congrats to all players and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Fair play to Kildare, ye had us well beaten and we shouldn't have been within touching distance of you by the end. Really solid team, well-drilled and knew what they were to do. Best of luck in the final, would love to see ye win it to continue what has been a glorious few weeks for Kildare football. Also, Hyland is an exceptional player - must be on the radar for the senior squad next season?

Also, Hyland is an exceptional player - must be on the radar for the senior squad next season?

He's on it already along with Aaron O'Neill, Mark Dempsey and Ruadhan Ó Giolláin. All four featured for the seniors during the National League but have not been used in the Championship.

Hyland was a super minor but missed out the whole of last year after doing his cruciate. He looks to have come back from it better than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

He's on it already along with Aaron O'Neill, Mark Dempsey and Ruadhan Ó Giolláin. All four featured for the seniors during the National League but have not been used in the Championship.

Hyland was a super minor but missed out the whole of last year after doing his cruciate. He looks to have come back from it better than ever.

Wow, thanks - didn't know about injury. That makes his comeback, and current form, all the more impressive and admirable.

Interesting RE Hyland return. A lack of a clear beginning and end to a season, allowing for a proper pre season is a serious flaw in the GAA.

It allows individuals to rest, strengthen and improve on deficiencies such as overall balance etc. I'm inclined to believe it's one of the core reasons players do cruciate frequently (A victim here!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Typical Kildare Croke Park performance so far...silly mistakes, bad decisions and coughing up possession too easily.

Typical Kildare Croke Park performance so far...silly mistakes, bad decisions and coughing up possession too easily.
    Struggling with the wet conditions

Lost by 2 points. Could of snatched a draw at the minimum makes next week a must win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Definitely think Monaghan coped better with the conditions. Ball didn't stick in full forward line much apart from a few times with Dan Flynn. I think one or two changes wouldn't go astray to keep lads on their toes.

Advertisement