Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Literally every discussion on a crime on AH turns into- the following:

Person 1: "Jeez that lad who killed 400 people in Country X was a bit of a prick, they have a bit of previous for that aswell"

Person 2: "What are you talking about, you're so racist/xenophobic sure didnt an Irish person kill someone once. We're as bad as anyone"

Person 1: "Well the issues are a bit different and you are kind of taking things out of context when disputing someones right to point out, what seem to be, systematic/cultural issues in Country X that lead to these kind of incidents occurring regularly"

Person 2: "Here's a link to an article about an Irish person who killed someone once...."

I think you have it backwards!
    Someone posts about a crime, people agree the offender or offenders are scumbags.
    Someone posts about the offenders nationality / religion, it's pointed out that it's irrelevant, thread descends into usual racist/ not racist argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

bubblypop wrote: »
    Someone posts about the offenders nationality / religion it's pointed out that it's irrelevant.

But it is most definitely relevant.

I was asked on this thread why I'm of the opinion that Muslim men are more likely to commit acts of sexual violence then those from other sectors of society, yet after I provided, verified, published government statistics highlighting that, and I'll repeat this ad nauseum, from a populace of 3%, Muslim men acount for 12% of all sexual assault convictions in the UK and a quite frankly shocking 75% of all grooming gangs, these facts went ignored by the usual suspects of After Hours who do not wish to discuss this topic with any depth other than to call those with opposing views, racist.

So, no, the nationality of sexual abusers is most definitely not irrelevant, as though we are stuck with our Irish rapists, we can however restrict the immigration of those men who hail from regions with historically repulsive attitudes toward women and the LGTB community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Person 1: "Jeez that lad who killed 400 people in Country X was a bit of a prick, they have a bit of previous for that aswell"

Person 2: "What are you talking about, you're so racist/xenophobic sure didnt an Irish person kill someone once. We're as bad as anyone"

Person 1: "Well the issues are a bit different and you are kind of taking things out of context when disputing someones right to point out, what seem to be, systematic/cultural issues in Country X that lead to these kind of incidents occurring regularly"

Person 2: "Here's a link to an article about an Irish person who killed someone once...."

And don’t forget that those engaging in the “sure what about the Irish guy that..., the referendum, the Catholic Church etc” are often the quickest to shout “whataboutery” and “this thread is about an attack in Kildare” when someone else brings up another instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That wasn't humour,

It wasn't funny, but it was an attempt at humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think you have it backwards!
    Someone posts about a crime, people agree the offender or offenders are scumbags.
    Someone posts about the offenders nationality / religion, it's pointed out that it's irrelevant, thread descends into usual racist/ not racist argument.

Genuinely made me laugh! you'll be telling me you've seen unicorns next!

Person 1: This is a horrible crime - I wonder where the suspects are from? Not that it's important to me or I won't form an opinion of large groups is people based on this one piece of completely trivial information that appears suddenly important....

Edit: Post 4 reads "I'd nearly be certain the perps are foreign nationals,
    wonder will that be reported" - case in point.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

I was asked on this thread why I'm of the opinion that Muslim men are more likely to commit acts of sexual violence then those from other sectors of society, yet after I provided, verified, published government statistics highlighting that, and I'll repeat this ad nauseum, from a populace of 3%, Muslim men acount for 12% of all sexual assault convictions in the UK and a quite frankly shocking 75% of all grooming gangs, these facts went ignored by the usual suspects of After Hours who do not wish to discuss this topic with any depth other than to call those with opposing views, racist.

So, no, the nationality of sexual abusers is most definitely not irrelevant, as though we are stuck with our Irish rapists, we can however restrict the immigration of those men who hail from regions with historically repulsive attitudes toward women and the LGTB community.

So 4 times more likely to get done for rape, and 25 times more likely to be in a grooming gang.

Crawl back under your rock, u racist knuckledragger! When all attempts at thread derailment fail that'll hav'ta do. Sod it, when it's all u got, it'll hav'ta do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

To 

Timberrrrrrrr

You are trying to compare apples and oranges, it simply doesn't stand up, it's called false equivalency. The article I posted was from someone within the Muslim community explaining the attitudes widely held and carried out within the Pakistani British Muslim community.

You also never addressed the scandalous numbers referring to convictions linked with background. It tells it's own story.

enricoh wrote: »
    So 4 times more likely to get done for rape, and 25 times more likely to be in a grooming gang.

Eh, no. That is making ridiculous jumps in logic. Much like SnakePlissken, you have taken a statistic and extrapolated far beyond what it says.

Eh, no. That is making ridiculous jumps in logic. Much like Snakey boy, you have taken a statistic and extrapolated far beyond what it says.

Again with the infantile attempts at name calling, the statistics do not lie, 75% of all grooming gangs are Muslim, and 12% of all sexual abusers are Muslim, from a general populace of 3% the cultural attitudes of Muslim men toward women are clear.

I also can't help but notice you completely ignored the many polls I referenced on thread which highlight that the majority of UK Muslims wish for homosexuality to be criminilised.

Are you okay with this?

Do you believe this homophobia should be tolerated by the west?

If the answer to the above is no, which I certainly hope it is, how do you suggest we prevent this homophobia from being brought to Ireland by peoples with the same cultural, geographic, and religious backgrounds as their UK counterparts?

• Advertisement

Again with the infantile attempts at name calling, the statistics do not lie, 75% of all grooming gangs are Muslim, and 12% of all sexual abusers are Muslim, from a general populace of 3% the cultural attitudes of Muslim men toward men are clear.

Except you made up that 3% figure didn't you? Muslims make up over 5% of the population but you just randomly took 3% as Muslim men. And it's not 12% of abusers, it's 12% of men currently serving a sentence for rape. I don't get why you do this. You could easily work with the real statistics and make your point. Why do you feel the need to add something to them?

I also can't help but notice you completely ignored the many polls I referenced on tge thread which highlight the majority of UK Muslims wishing to have homosexuality criminilised.

I didn't ignore them, I just didn't comment on them. They were just another side bar you brought in to take attention away from you making up statistics about rapes.

Ae you okay with this?
    No

No

If the answer to the above is no, which I certainly hope it is, how do you suggest we prevent this homophobia from being brought to Ireland by peoples with the same cultural, geographic, and religious backgrounds as their UK counterparts?

Same way we overcame our own homophobia. Social pressure with legislative support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

We're hardly the taught police....people can think what they want be it racism/homophobic/islamophobic/transphobic etc etc.... I don't support any these positions....but you can hardly ban someone for holding beliefs and distasteful as they might be?

Except you made up that 3% figure didn't you? Muslims make up over 5% of the population but you just randomly took 3% as Muslim men.

You're really not covering yourself with any glory here.

I already provided my source to the 3% of the UK populace as being composed of Muslim Adult Males as the UK census 2011. The 5% total you've referenced includes the entire Muslim population, ie, inclusive of women and children, now I know you're not trying to discredit my posted numerics by inferring these same women and children might too be responsible for the 12% conviction rates because that would obviously be incredibly moronic.

Again, I've posted sources and statistics to support my claims, would you like to post your own or would you prefer to simply thumb your nose at those you disagree with without referencing any published studies?

Do you honestly expect anyone here to attribute any value to the anecdotes posted by one such as yourself who all too quickly resorts to name calling?

Blaas4life wrote: »
    but you can hardly ban someone for holding beliefs and distasteful as they might be?

Why not? We're currently in the position where we can tell homophobes trying to enter our country that they must respect our inclusive society if they wish to live alongside us, as the UK has shown with second and third generation Muslims who are demonstrably as homophobic as the generation which preceded them, after they're allowed entry into the country it is too late to educate them.

No, no we can't decide that millions of people are exactly the same because they have the same religion.
    The fact you can't see that that is blatant discrimination is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Why not?.

Because having your own independent taughts isn't a crime??

Where do yous stop...if you start banning people who hold what appear distasteful opioions....I'm sure there's plenty I believe in people would find distasteful and try ban too??

People are allowed be homophobic...so long as they don't go about attacking people etc and respect the law,what harm.....like I wouldn't move to middle east and expect them to change to irish laws to suit me...no matter how much I would dislike the local laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Again with the infantile attempts at name calling, the statistics do not lie, 75% of all grooming gangs are Muslim, and 12% of all sexual abusers are Muslim, from a general populace of 3% the cultural attitudes of Muslim men toward women are clear.

I also can't help but notice you completely ignored the many polls I referenced on thread which highlight that the majority of UK Muslims wish for homosexuality to be criminilised.

Are you okay with this?

Homophobia is very much alive in Ireland already.

No, no we can't decide that millions of people are exactly the same because they have the same religion.
    The fact you can't see that that is blatant discrimination is shocking.

The fact that you're willing to ignore the many reputable polls taken in the UK which found the majority of UK Muslims as wanting to throw those pesky gays in prison for no other reason other than their culture and religion tells them they're a bit icky is what I find shocking.

A bit of a tongue twister I grant you, but for us to build a truly tolerant society, we cannot tolerate the intolerable.

You're really not covering yourself with any glory here.

I already provided my source to the 3% of the UK populace as being composed of Muslim Adult Males as the UK census 2011. The 5% total you've referenced includes the entire Muslim population, ie, inclusive of women and children, now I know you're not trying to discredit my posted numerics by inferring these same women and children might too be responsible for the 12% conviction rates because that would obviously be incredibly moronic.

Again, I've posted sources and statistics to support my claims, would you like to post your own or would you prefer to simply thumb your nose at those you disagree with without referencing any published studies?

Do you honestly expect anyone here to attribute any value to the anecdotes posted by one such as yourself who all too quickly resorts to name calling?

Name calling? You mean Snakeyboy? I'll give you this, you do give me a good laugh. You post stats then completely misrepresent what they say. It's as simple as that. And I don't know why you do it. You could easily make your point with the real stats but you have this need to make them sound a little bit worse than they are.

Why not? We're currently in the position where we can tell homophobes trying to enter our country that they must respect our inclusive society if they wish to live alongside us, as the UK has shown with second and third generation Muslims who are demonstrably as homophobic as the generation which preceded them, after they're allowed entry into the country it is too late to educate them.

How do you identify a homophobe at the border?

Homophobia is very much alive in Ireland already.

Yes but it is very much on the fringes of society, we did pass the SSM referendum by an impressive margin, it certainly doesn't constitute the majority of our society as it does with UK Muslims.

• Advertisement

You post stats then completely misrepresent what they say

You've been asked time and time again to provide some reputable sources that might discredit the statistical data I provided, but you haven't, simply because you can't. I mean you even have the arrogance to argue with the UK census data.

You have your opinion, and I have my own, yet only one of us has posted statistical evidence as how that opinion was born.

Yes but it is very much on the fringes of society, we did pass the SSM referendum by an impressive margin, it certainly doesn't constitute the majority of our society as it does with UK Muslims.

I live in the uk, know several Muslims here, 2 of them even go for beers after work on a Friday night. Never heard one of them pass a single remark while we have been out and seen gay people. Not even a second glance has been given by them.

I worked in several gay bars in Dublin when I lived there, the amount of abuse the customers got while outside having a cigarette was astounding. All from white Christian males with Irish accents

Who would have have thought hey?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

I live in the uk, know several Muslims here, 2 of them even go for beers after work on a Friday night. Never heard one of them pass a single remark while we have been out and seen gay people. Not even a second glance has been given by them.

I worked in several gay bars in Dublin when I lived there, the amount of abuse the customers got while outside having a cigarette was astounding. All from white Christian males with Irish accents

Who would have have thought hey?

Relevance to the post please?

Relevance to the post please?

People are cnuts basically.

Wasn't so long ago that the majority of Christians would have been considered homophobic and indeed being gay would see you want to prison.

Snakes obvious anti Muslim agenda is pretty abhorrent and no matter what anyone says he will continue to bang his racism drum.

You've been asked time and time again to provide some reputable sources that might discredit the statistical data I provided, but you haven't, simply because you can't. I mean you even have the arrogance to argue with the UK census data.

You have your opinion, and I have my own, yet only one of us has posted statistical evidence as how that opinion was borne.

But I don't need another source, I use your own. You have a source that says 75% of grooming gang convictions are made up of Muslims. You add gang rapes to that statistic. You have a source that says 12% of rapists serving a sentance are Muslim, you change it to 12% of all sexual abuse offenders. The 3% figure you have provided no source for. You just assumed a 60 40 split in male and females whereas it's actually closer to 50 50 according to the 2011 census. It would have actually suited you to give the real figure but you again changed it for apparently no reason. It all adds up to you simply not being a trustworthy source for statistics.

All from white Christian males with Irish accents

How did you know they were Christian, carrying bibles and crucifixes were they?

As for your personal anecdote I'm baffled as to its relevance. I never stated all UK Muslims were homophobic, I simply referenced the various reputable polls taken which indicate the majority are. From the sounds of it, your friends are indeed decent guys who I'd have no problem whatsoever welcoming into the country.

How did you know they were Christian, carrying bibles and crucifixes were they?

As for your personal anecdote I'm baffled as to its relevance. I never stated all UK Muslims were homophobic, I simply referenced the various reputable polls taken which indicate the majority are. From the sounds of it, your friends are indeed decent guys who I'd have no problem whatsoever welcoming into the country.

White Irish in Dublin city so yes I presumed the majority are Christian

Probably the same way you assume anyone of colour is a muslim.

Has it even been established yet what religion the perpetrators of this crime in the op where or what country they are from?

If not then It seems yourself and your anti Muslim cohorts have just made a leap of faith (pardon the pun) and assumed they are Muslim.

Snakes obvious anti Muslim agenda is pretty abhorrent and no matter what anyone says he will continue to bang his racism drum.

I take serious umbrage with being called a racist. Not once have I mentioned race, mine my entire post history and you'll find not one single mention of skin colour. In fact it's you who has shown their bigotry with a quite frankly ludicrous claim that all white people are Christian.

My agenda is to have some form of discourse as to why the majority of UK Muslims are provably homophobic, and why the ratio of sexual abusers in the UK is so highly skewed toward the Muslim community.

It's not their skin colour I have an issue with, it's their ideology which is not above criticism, and how ****ing dare you call me a racist for doing so.

I take serious umbrage with being called a racist. Not once have I mentioned race, mine my entire post history and you'll find not one single mention of skin colour. In fact it's you who has shown their bigotry with a quite frankly ludicrous claim that all white people are Christian.

Seeing as the majority of people in Ireland identify as Catholic on the census then it's fairly safe to assume that the majority of people I witnessed abusing the gay community during that time were in fact christians.
    My agenda is to have some form of discourse as to why the majority of UK Muslims are provably homophobic, and why the ratio of sexual abusers in the UK is so highly skewed toward the Muslim community.

It's not their skin colour I have an issue with, it's their ideology which is not above criticism, and how ****ing dare you call me a racist for doing so.

The thread is about a gang rape that happened recently, the perpetrators were identified as "foreign nationals" yet yourself and your Ilk swiftly jumped in and presumed that they were of muslim descent. Can you point to me to a report where they have been identified by country or religion?

If not then you're bringing religion into this is proof enough of your continued bigotry and hatred for an entire religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

People are cnuts basically.

Wasn't so long ago that the majority of Christians would have been considered homophobic and indeed being gay would see you want to prison.

So yada, yada , yada racist basically. Great integration story with the two Muslims having a beer. Heartwarming stuff. How many are the British cops monitoring for extremist links at the minute?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement