Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Population and socio-economic stats inc birth/death/crime etc are nearly always based on 'per 1,000 basis' so that's not unusual.
    And thus this % stat indicates unusualy behaviour from that community, and but the same token it means well over 50million white folks aren't doing it.

Also bear in mind these type of gangs are usually high repeat offenders. The (22) dogs in Newcastle last year had around '700 victims' ... link

The gang (of 8) in Oxford last week, also had multiple young victims, they even bought a personalised 'SGH' number plate for their van, so busy and proud they were of their actions (between 1998-2005) ... link

So for every dog, multiply that by at least x30 or so victims. And that's just the ones that get caught.

You're mixing up your population with your sample size. Yes, you can get a lot of information from a randomly selected sample of 1000. But in this case you can't because that selection isn't random. You're deliberately selecting criminals.

If you'd selected 600 muslims at random and all had a criminal record for rape, then you could extrapolate that the majority of muslims are rapists. However if you go to a prison and choose your sample from the rapists there, you're not randomly selecting a sample.

The important stat isn't 600 out of the prisoners, it's 600 out of 2.6 million. And is it even that? you'd need to show a trend over time. Next year it could be a 1000 and the year after it could be 100. To gain any meaningful knowledge you'd have to show that there is a trend and that the trend has meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

The biggest problem is the biased way the media reports. If there is a gang rape perpetrated by Irish or western European nationals it is front page news. If its non western European its buried as a footnote on page 10.

Why are the media reporting like this? That's what pisses me off.

Grayson wrote: »
    You're mixing up your population with your sample size. Yes, you can get a lot of information from a randomly selected sample of 1000. But in this case you can't because that selection isn't random. You're deliberately selecting criminals.

If you'd selected 600 muslims at random and all had a criminal record for rape, then you could extrapolate that the majority of muslims are rapists. However if you go to a prison and choose your sample from the rapists there, you're not randomly selecting a sample.

The important stat isn't 600 out of the prisoners, it's 600 out of 2.6 million. And is it even that? you'd need to show a trend over time. Next year it could be a 1000 and the year after it could be 100. To gain any meaningful knowledge you'd have to show that there is a trend and that the trend has meaning.

You can clearly say based on the numbers that Muslim men are far more likely than non Muslim men to form a rape gang and also far more likely to get away with it. For decades. That's not the same as saying every Muslim is a rapist. I have a degree in mathematics and understand what stats do and don't say.

If 75% hail from a population of 3% this means that a Muslim man is 25 times more likely to be a member of a grooming gang than a non Muslim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

professore wrote: »
    The biggest problem is the biased way the media reports. If there is a gang rape perpetrated by Irish or western European nationals it is front page news. If its non western European its buried as a footnote on page 10.

Why are the media reporting like this? That's what pisses me off.

Because if they told the truth the people would be rioting outside of Leinster House for letting them in and then letting them run wild like animals.

I won't post the link again because those who don't want to read it, won't read it, but 75% of convicted grooming gangs in the UK hail from a small populace of 3%.

Now, whilst you might state the majority of Muslims are not rapists, which I'm obviously not arguing against, I still believe a discussion must be had as to why the majority of sexual abuse gangs and a skewed ratio of sexual abusers of any nature ARE Muslim.

75% of a 3% population is still terribly high. When the crime rate is that high in such a small group then there certainly a cultural element to it and they should be called out on it.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Because if they told the truth the people would be rioting outside of Leinster House for letting them in and then letting them run wild like animals.

Recently there was an Irish woman gang raped in Prague by Algerian men. I bet there are many on here who never even heard about it.

There is a lot of talk lately about "evidence based medicine" and "evidence based policing" in my naivete I thought medicine and policing was evidence based already. Clearly it isn't though. Its based on feelings and political bull crap. Reporting is even worse.

This nonsense that we in the west are just as likely to commit all sorts of crimes is PROVABLY FALSE - so ridiculously untrue it's criminal. Until the social justice warriors acknowledge this I will continue to ignore anything else they might say as their foundations are based on lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

There is a lot of talk lately about "evidence based medicine" and "evidence based policing" in my naivete I thought medicine and policing was evidence based already. Clearly it isn't though. Its based on feelings and political bull crap. Reporting is even worse.

This nonsense that we in the west are just as likely to commit all sorts of crimes is PROVABLY FALSE - so ridiculously untrue it's criminal.

As a side note, "evidence based medicine" is a thing due to the amount of people calling homeopathy and drinking bleach "medicine".

As a side note, "evidence based medicine" is a thing due to the amount of people calling homeopathy and drinking bleach "medicine".

OK point taken. But there are lots of previously and still accepted tropes in medicine (e.g. the food pyramid, x raying babies, hpv vaccine only for girls ) which don't stand up to scrutiny. Medicine is more evidence based than most disciplines but slow to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Yes, you can get a lot of information from a randomly selected sample of 1000. But in this case you can't because that selection isn't random. You're deliberately selecting criminals.

I don't believe you and I will reach agreement relating to Muslims and rape statistics, however using your interpretation above re randomly selected participants, you'll have to concede homophobia in the Muslim community is of concern when the majority of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be criminilised.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/index.html

How can we ever expect Muslims to join us in the 21st century when we continue to pretend they're already there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Who exactly is "running wild like animals" in Ireland? You're accusing migrants to the country of doing things that are not even happening.....this is very provocative language.

In Sweden two newspapers Friatider (right wing) and Expressen (left) both recently reported that the vast majority of convicted gang rapists in Sweden are migrants.

As I said, diversity is our strength.

You know things are getting out of hand when a Left wing media starts reporting on something instead of burying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I've removed a few posts that didn't look to be in any way accurate and replies to those posts as well, in case posters were looking for posts that have now been removed.

Carry on the discussion but any allegations face removal so take note, please!

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You can clearly say based on the numbers that Muslim men are far more likely than non Muslim men to form a rape gang and also far more likely to get away with it. For decades. That's not the same as saying every Muslim is a rapist. I have a degree in mathematics and understand what stats do and don't say.

If 75% hail from a population of 3% this means that a Muslim man is 25 times more likely to be a member of a grooming gang than a non Muslim.

Jesus. That's what is called manipulating the figures which is what I was talking about earlier. You are choosing your own sample to make muslims in general seem like a danger. That's not just bad maths, it's deliberately bad maths.

The amount of muslims doing this is minuscule. even in a general population the amount doing this would be miniscule. You are picking two extremely small sample sizes to make a point. There are millions of muslims there are hundreds of rapists.

If you are willing to deliberately misrepresent the figures it's because you have a bias. You don't want to see the truth, you want to try to illustrate a point that's not possible to illustrate if you're honest.

You have an irrational hatred of Muslims. It's irrational because there's no figures to back it up. Yes there are hundreds of Muslim rapists but there are millions that aren't. Rather than see hundreds and assume that millions are the same the logical path would be to ask what made that subset of hundreds different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

^ Whilst it may be only 'hundreds' that have (so far) been caught or convicted (uk), even a small gang of 22 can rack up 700 victims (Newcastle)
    This happens as they often act with impunity, and over many years at a time, generally targeting young teenage white girls.

Do the maths, and upscale 22 into just 300, and that sample would equate to (only '9,520 victims').

Even the Pakistani author of a recent Quilliam study on the Rochdale case,
    stated that it's something that needs to be discussed, impliying it could be a 'cultural phenomenon'.

Cultures can be very diverse. Amish folks might get confused by people drinking 6pts of Guinness and staring at phone screens on a regular night out.
    But many Europeans were highly confused with the 15 Moroccan boys treated for rabies (last year) after an 'inducing an intimate gang relation with a donkey'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

But many Europeans were highly confused with the 15 Moroccan boys treated for rabies (last year) after an 'inducing an intimate gang relation with a donkey'.

This is the kinda sh1te ya expect to be going on in kilkenny

Strazdas wrote: »
    Who exactly is "running wild like animals" in Ireland? You're accusing migrants to the country of doing things that are not even happening.....this is very provocative language.

Well there the Lidl's Digger robbery earlier in the year and 3 Foreign Nationals raped a Woman in Bagenalstown and 3 more [or could be the same 3. The Gardai are looking into it] raped another Woman in Kildare a few days ago. I think that qualifies as running around like wild animals. Just because its not in the same frequency as the Germany,Sweden,France and Britain doesn't mean we won't get it that frequently eventually. The more of them we import the more savage they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Blaas4life wrote: »
    This is the kinda sh1te ya expect to be going on in kilkenny

Not sure they have donkeys there, but unlikely it would occur even under 'banter' or a game of 'dare-sies' in any European culture.

Donkeys should only ever be used for transport of light goods, or gentle walks along trails or the seashore.

aPcyAAD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Well there the Lidl's Digger robbery earlier in the year and 3 Foreign Nationals raped a Woman in Bagenalstown and 3 more [or could be the same 3. The Gardai are looking into it] raped another Woman in Kildare a few days ago. I think that qualifies as running around like wild animals. Just because its not in the same frequency as the Germany,Sweden,France and Britain doesn't mean we won't get it that frequently eventually. The more of them we import the more savage they get.

Who is "them"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Not sure they have donkeys there, but unlikely it would occur even under 'banter' or a game of 'dare-sies' in any European culture.

Wait until you hear what Wales is famous for :eek:

Though I guess they don't count since their leaving europe??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You do get some cute donkeys but there’s no excuse for that.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Who is "them"?

Homophobes would be an apt descriptor, we don't need them, nor want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Hold on, let me get this straight.

He's an illegal immigrant, who was part of a gang rape. The judge grants him asylum because of a potential future in football and he gets off from gang raping a girl whose life has probably been destroyed.
    So by participating in a sick sexual crime, he gets moved to the top of the asylum list and granted asylum?

Those two rugby players up the North had their lives destroyed and were fired from their teams, but this illegal gets rewarded?
    Where are the feminists now?

His other rapist pal was caught by the guards for engaging in a phone scam
    https://www.herald.ie/news/false-name-and-card-used-in-iphones-scam-30946381.html

And these two are still in the country because???

So women are below minorities now is it? I actually can't keep up.

Homophobes would be an apt descriptor, we don't need them, nor want them.

You know the precise group involved? Please share your information with the rest of us.

You know the precise group involved? Please share your information with the rest of us.

Do you wish to discuss the many reputable polls taken in the UK which clearly indicate the majority of UK Muslims want homosexuality criminalised?

Please share your information with the rest of us what research you have undertaken to come to the conclusion that Muslims entering Ireland from similar geographic, cultural, and religious backgrounds as those in the UK will be any less homophobic?

Do you wish to discuss the many reputable polls taken in the UK which clearly indicate the majority of UK Muslims want homosexuality criminalised?

Please share your information with the rest of us what research you have undertaken to come to the conclusion that Muslims entering Ireland from similar geographic, cultural, and religious backgrounds as those in the UK will be any less homophobic?

Just to be clear here - you're saying that the perpetrators of the crime in the OP committed in this state. are muslims?

If that is the case, what evidence do you have?

Just to be clear here - you're saying that the perpetrators of the crime in the OP committed in this state. are muslims?

Just to be clear here? I never made any suggestion of the sort, have a look through my posts I didn't even come close to such an inference.

Now if you're finished with your disingenuous and childishly obvious attempt at deflection, would you like to answer the question put to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Hold on, let me get this straight.

He's an illegal immigrant, who was part of a gang rape. The judge grants him asylum because of a potential future in football and he gets off from gang raping a girl whose life has probably been destroyed.
    So by participating in a sick sexual crime, he gets moved to the top of the asylum list and granted asylum?

Those two rugby players up the North had their lives destroyed and were fired from their teams, but this illegal gets rewarded?
    Where are the feminists now?

His other rapist pal was caught by the guards for engaging in a phone scam
    https://www.herald.ie/news/false-name-and-card-used-in-iphones-scam-30946381.html

And these two are still in the country because???

So women are below minorities now is it? I actually can't keep up.

Surely they can't call these lads out, not white not bothered, it was the same earlier this year when multiple "feminists" were asked about their opinion on fgm supposedly happening in Ireland.... not a peep from the usual suspects, when the Paddy Jackson stuff happened though it was a feeding frenzy. I guess the association of female lynch mob and black lads doesn't bode well for "the cause"

Just to be clear here? I never made any suggestion of the sort, have a look through my posts I didn't even come close to such an inference.

But you replied to the question I posed to another on just that issue.
    Now if you're finished with your disingenuous and childishly obvious attempt at deflection, would you like to answer the question put to you.

The thread is about an attack in kildare, not your unhealthy obessesions.

• Advertisement

Jesus. That's what is called manipulating the figures which is what I was talking about earlier. You are choosing your own sample to make muslims in general seem like a danger. That's not just bad maths, it's deliberately bad maths.

The amount of muslims doing this is minuscule. even in a general population the amount doing this would be miniscule. You are picking two extremely small sample sizes to make a point. There are millions of muslims there are hundreds of rapists.

If you are willing to deliberately misrepresent the figures it's because you have a bias. You don't want to see the truth, you want to try to illustrate a point that's not possible to illustrate if you're honest.

You have an irrational hatred of Muslims. It's irrational because there's no figures to back it up. Yes there are hundreds of Muslim rapists but there are millions that aren't. Rather than see hundreds and assume that millions are the same the logical path would be to ask what made that subset of hundreds different.

What are you talking about? My maths are perfectly correct. It's you who are wilfully blind. I specifically said it doesn't mean all Muslims are rapists or even a majority. It DOES however point to a cultural problem in Islam. These gangs have sprung up in several UK cities, even relatively small ones. This is not some sort of statistical anomaly.

Would you say the Catholic Church in Ireland had nothing to do with sexual abuse? Because its the same argument you are making about Islam. If you are prepared to overlook the systematic rape of thousands of British girls then shame on you, you are no better than the Catholic hierarchy who covered up and excused abuse in their ranks.

And I am not racist. Or islamophobic. I strongly support secular Muslims such as Maajid Nawaz and apostates like Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Or moderate Muslims. I even have Muslim friends. But excusing this stuff is idiotic and dangerous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement