Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

wexie wrote: »
    She's also been proven to have repeatedly lied on her asylum application about her circumstances and background for which she nearly (I think) lost her Dutch citizenship, certainly lost her political career.

So while I haven't read her book I'd be somewhat careful with holding her up as a beacon of truth

She lied because she was afraid the man or his family she was arranged to be married to would track her down and kill her or force her to go to Canada. By using her grandfather's name she was harder to track down. She was open about this while in Holland and ever since. Seems like a better reason to lie than politically correct reasons to cover up the rape of thousands of girls in the UK, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

professore wrote: »
    She lied because she was afraid the man or his family she was arranged to be married to would track her down and kill her or force her to go to Canada. By using her grandfather's name she was harder to track down.

Which has been proven to be lies
    She was open about this while in Holland and ever since.

She was open about this once she was forced to be because all of it came out in a news program....I'm not really sure I'd call that openness to be honest.
    Seems like a better reason to lie than politically correct reasons to cover up the rape of thousands of girls in the UK, don't you think?

You're usually better than mindless whataboutery to be honest. Bad day?

Which has been proven to be lies

So why did she lie about her last name then? Come on, I'm waiting...

I suppose she cut off her own clitoris too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,163 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Peace loving law abiding Muslims are welcome here. But there is a big effort to quash any negative stories around Muslims.

Not a very big one to be fair - everyone seems to be aware of plenty of AH is anything to go by.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So why did she lie about her last name then? Come on, I'm waiting...

I suppose she cut off her own clitoris too

I couldn't possibly tell you why she lied about her last name or whether or not her clitoris was cut off. I don't particularly have any inclination to get to know her quite that well.

She also claimed to have been fleeing violence in Somalia when in fact she had been living in Kenya.

There may or may not have been an arranged marriage.

There were definitely lies.

If all of her lies had been quite so easily explained do you really think there would have been a need for the then minister of justice to personally get involved?

• Advertisement

I couldn't possibly tell you why she lied about her last name or whether or not her clitoris was cut off. I don't particularly have any inclination to get to know her quite that well.

She also claimed to have been fleeing violence in Somalia when in fact she had been living in Kenya.

There may or may not have been an arranged marriage.

There were definitely lies.

If all of her lies had been quite so easily explained do you really think there would have been a need for the then minister of justice to personally get involved?

Nice strawmaning there.

I wonder are you so fastidious about the absolute truth when it comes to all asylum seekers? Or only the ones that you agree with?

I think if I'm fleeing persecution I might tell a few white lies.

You're quite happy to believe that Islamic men are no more likely to gang rape than western men despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. So not sure you're the best judge.

Nice strawmaning there.

I wonder are you so fastidious about the absolute truth when it comes to all asylum seekers? Or only the ones that agree with?

I'm just pointing out to you that perhaps the lady who's book your recommending is somewhat less than squeaky clean.

And as far as asylum seekers are concerned I'd be quite happy for each and every one of them to be returned to their old countries, whatever they may be, once the information they used to obtain asylum has been proven to be bogus. Regardless of their religion or sexual orientation.

That includes her

I'm just pointing out to you that perhaps the lady who's book your recommending is somewhat less than squeaky clean.

And as far as asylum seekers are concerned I'd be quite happy for each and every one of them to be returned to their old countries, whatever they may be, once the information they used to obtain asylum has been proven to be bogus. Regardless of their religion or sexual orientation.

That includes her

I would agree largely.

I think there has to be some leeway with the truth when it comes to asylum applications. If there are good reasons for lying, e.g. Fear of police. As long as the application is substantially true. Also things like official documents are difficult if not impossible to acquire in war zones.

From reading her account I have no doubt she has told the truth warts and all. In some parts she doesn't come out well but she still tells that too.

Just read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book Heretic. A woman that grew up as a devout Muslim in Somalia, and lived in Kenya, Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia. It will open your eyes.

I have no issue with immigration whatsoever - but the cultures where many of these immigrants are coming from belong in the Dark Ages. And what ISIS have done is at least as bad as anything the Nazis did, the Nazis were just more efficient at it.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/11/middleeast/isis-yazidi-war-crimes-tribunal-investigation/index.html

If there was a proactive policy of integration, rather than the current voluntary segregation, zero tolerance for FGM and abuse of women, removal of religion from schools, swift justice and deportation for offenders, then by all means. But none of the above is true.

With the current fake news trend, if you Google it you get anything from 5% to 88% of Muslims support ISIS. So hard to know.

Peace loving law abiding Muslims are welcome here. But there is a big effort to quash any negative stories around Muslims.

All war crimes are horrific.
    And they are committed by every race & religion.
    I don't get This constant need to paint all Muslim's as rapists, war criminals, homophobics etc.
    All people can be the above, & not all members of one religion are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

She states this clearly in her book. And she wasn't radicalised, she was just following a very popular mainstream version of Islam in Kenya and Saudi Arabia.

So it wasn't somalia where she picked it up, as I stated. She was radicalised
    Did she tell you this??

The rough tale can be found with numerous sources. There was, I believe, a documentary in which some members of her family dispute her version of her life.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    All war crimes are horrific.
    And they are committed by every race & religion.
    I don't get This constant need to paint all Muslim's as rapists, war criminals, homophobics etc.
    All people can be the above, & not all members of one religion are the same.

I am not trying to paint all Muslims as any of the above. Just as I wouldn't paint all catholics as pedophile supporters. All I am saying is that there is an element in Islam that encourages all of the above. This element I condemn strongly.

The interpretation of the Quran as the immutable literal word of God is a huge issue. Just as a similar interpretation of the Bible would be. Many more Muslims think like this than Christians - at least in Europe. Islam has a large element like the westboro baptist Church in the US.

I am not trying to paint all Muslims as any of the above. Just as I wouldn't paint all catholics as pedophile supporters. All I am saying is that there is an element in Islam that encourages all of the above. This element I condemn strongly.

The interpretation of the Quran as the immutable literal word of God is a huge issue. Just as a similar interpretation of the Bible would be. Many more Muslims think like this than Christians - at least in Europe. Islam has a large element like the westboro baptist Church in the US.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

To reference Muhammad Ali,

“There are many white people who mean right and in their hearts wanna do right,” he said.  “If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn’t want to bite me, I knew they were good… Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, hoping that that thousand get together and form a shield? Or should I just close the door and stay safe?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

To reference Muhammad Ali,

“There are many white people who mean right and in their hearts wanna do right,” he said. “If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn’t want to bite me, I knew they were good… Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, hoping that that thousand get together and form a shield? Or should I just close the door and stay safe?”

Or to be more accurate and representative of your figures, if 10,000 snakes where coming down the aisle and 0.04% of them were bad, that would be 4 bad snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Or to be more accurate and representative of your figures, if 10,000 snakes where coming down the aisle and 0.04% of them were bad, that would be 4 bad snakes.

Italy alone took in 500,000 illegal immigrants from Africa over 2014, 2015 and 2016 that they know of. Even at 0.04% that's a lot of bad snakes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/28/2016-sets-new-record-for-asylum-seekers-reaching-italy-by-boat

Far more than 0.04% believe homosexuality is a crime or FGM is OK or beating your wife is recommended by Allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

22% of the Irish population identify as NON Christian, of the 78% who ticked the last census box it would appear a great many are no longer actually Christian when the Repeal the 8th and SSM referendums are taken into account.

So for you to presume that every white person in Dublin, one of the most diverse cities in Europe, is a Christian is so strikingly moronic it deserves to be ridiculed.

I'm a person of colour, and as you may have guessed, I'm not Muslim, nor have I ever made any assumptions as to a person's faith (on boards.ie or in reality) by the colour of their skin as you have... but I'm the racist?

So Christians aren't always Christians? But Muslims are always Muslims? Or they're always abusers.

Listen, when you see 600 out of 2.6 million are rapists and you think that you can extend that to everyone you're
    a) Racist
    2) Bigot
    3) Willfully ignorant
    d) All of the above.

And don't give me the crap "islam isn't a race", if you're willing to cast judgement on 2.6 MILLION people because of the actions of 600 you're a racist bigot.

Grayson wrote: »
    So Christians aren't always Christians? But Muslims are always Muslims? Or they're always abusers.

Listen, when you see 600 out of 2.6 million are rapists and you think that you can extend that to everyone you're
    a) Racist
    2) Bigot
    3) Willfully ignorant
    d) All of the above.

And don't give me the crap "islam isn't a race", if you're willing to cast judgement on 2.6 MILLION people because of the actions of 600 you're a racist bigot.

I don't see where he said all Muslims are like that. In fact the Muhammad Ali reference makes the opposite point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maximiilus

Whether they are irish
    Or
    Foreign

They are scumbags

It's obviously not an issue to you, but as I have no time whatsoever for homophobes, it would be closer to 5200 bad snakes for me.

• Advertisement

Listen, when you see 600 out of 2.6 million are rapists and you think that you can extend that to everyone.

I never attempted to extend it to "everyone" but when the majority of UK Muslims are demonstrably homophobic I won't for one moment hesitate to highlight this very personal issue out of fear of clueless, knuckle dragging imbeciles who cry racism at any given opportunity.

if you're willing to cast judgement on 2.6 MILLION people because of the actions of 600 you're a racist bigot.

I'm casting judgement on 2.6 million people based on the estimated views (taken from many reputable polls) of over 1.3 million.
    And don't give me the crap "islam isn't a race".

It's not, this an undeniable fact. Ask yourself, if critics of Islam are only doing so as they're simple racists, why then do you never see threads criticising Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists? Why are there not threads critical of Taoism and Shintoism?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,440 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I never attempted to extend it to "everyone" but when the majority of UK Muslims are demonstrably homophobic I won't for one moment highlight this very personal issue out of fear of clueless, knuckle dragging imbeciles who cry racism at any given opportunity.

I'm casting judgement on 2.6 million people based on the estimated views (taken from many reputable polls) of over 1.3 million.

So the 38% of Irish people who voted no to SSM are homophobes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

How many times have you said that same arguement :rolleyes:

Are Irish people throwing throwing gays of buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

And don't give me the crap "islam isn't a race", if you're willing to cast judgement on 2.6 MILLION people because of the actions of 600 you're a racist bigot.[/quote]

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/islamist-extremists-uk-highest-number-europe-25000-terror-threat-eu-official-isis-islam.
    The UK is home to up to 25,000 Islamist extremists who could pose a threat, the EU’s top terror official has warned.

I suppose mi5 are racist bigots over in the UK too? focusing on the Muslims, how dare they!

So...

You really expect me to respond to someone who disgustingly called me a racist on thread despite me never once mentioning skin colour in all my years on this site? Jog on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

These type of threads tend to get very quiet when people start posting awful things like facts and statistics.

More the 78% of people who listed themselves as catholic on the census form. The 40% only voted es because they worried the everso liberal media would try and portray them as ignorant.

More the 78% of people who listed themselves as catholic on the census form. The 40% only voted es because they worried the everso liberal media would try and portray them as ignorant.

What?

2 Scoops wrote: »
    These type of threads tend to get very quiet when people start posting awful things like facts and statistics.

To be fair it did last longer than usual before the usual idiots started crying racism instead of even attempting some adult discourse.

• Advertisement

What?

What I said.

We all like assumptions based on statistics about religion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement