Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Relevance to the post please?

People are cnuts basically.

Wasn't so long ago that the majority of Christians would have been considered homophobic and indeed being gay would see you want to prison.  

Snakes obvious anti Muslim agenda is pretty abhorrent and no matter what anyone says he will continue to bang his racism drum.
    Ireland just voted for same sex marriage a few years ago, it just voted for abortion reform a few weeks ago. This would not happen in the Muslim world. The vote would never have even happened, just asking for such a referendum in Pakistan or Iran would see you beaten to death or hanged.

This idea that Ireland is remotely close to the Muslim world as far as beliefs on homosexuality is so stupid, so blatantly disingenuous.  I don't know why people who want to defend the Islamic world (even if it is just so they are seen to be PC, or left wing) can't do it honestly and not be disingenuous about it and making up utter bollocks and false equivalences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

White Irish in Dublin city so yes I presumed the majority are Christian

22% of the Irish population identify as NON Christian, of the 78% who ticked the last census box it would appear a great many are no longer actually Christian when the Repeal the 8th and SSM referendums are taken into account.

So for you to presume that every white person in Dublin, one of the most diverse cities in Europe, is a Christian is so strikingly moronic it deserves to be ridiculed.

Probably the same way you assume anyone of colour is a muslim.

I'm a person of colour, and as you may have guessed, I'm not Muslim, nor have I ever made any assumptions as to a person's faith (on boards.ie or in reality) by the colour of their skin as you have... but I'm the racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Taytoland wrote: »
    utter bollocks and false equivalences.

:D:D :D

Because referendums are wide place occurrence in the Muslim world :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Blaas4life wrote: »
    utter bollocks and false equivalences.

:D:D :D

Because referendums are wide place occurrence in the Muslim world :D
    That was exactly my point, it would never have happened. Not only are they despotic regimes backed up with Sharia law ingrained in those societies but even if they could, no politician would call for one out of pure fear of being lynched.

That was exactly my point, it would never have happened. Not only are they despotic regimes backed up with Sharia law ingrained in those societies but even if they could, no politician would call for one out of pure fear of being lynched.

It's a false equivalences as they don't hold referendums and usually operate different type of constitution reform.....like you said yaself about others utter bollocks and false equivalences :D:D lolz

• Advertisement

The thread is about a gang rape that happened recently, the perpetrators were identified as "foreign nationals" yet yourself and your Ilk swiftly jumped in and presumed that they were of muslim descent.

Not once have I made such a claim, nor have I even come close to such an inference, I have no information about this particular assault other than what's in the public domain which is the sum of very little.

You're singing from the same hymn sheet as Odhinn who demanded we stick to discussing this attack only when it became clear he could not discredit any of the data I referenced.

It would have actually suited you to give the real figure

So instead of wanting to further discuss the statistical data in any meaningfully way, your objective is instead to try and get "one up" on a forum... that's incredibly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

enricoh wrote: »
    So yada, yada , yada racist basically. Great integration story with the two Muslims having a beer. Heartwarming stuff. How many are the British cops monitoring for extremist links at the minute?

I dunno, do you?

Any links to the perpetrators of this crime being Muslim? If not then I can't see why they are continually being talked about on the thread other than to push an anti Muslim agenda.

Ireland just voted for same sex marriage a few years ago, it just voted for abortion reform a few weeks ago. This would not happen in the Muslim world. The vote would never have even happened, just asking for such a referendum in Pakistan or Iran would see you beaten to death or hanged.

This had never happened anywhere else, Ireland was the 1st country to ever hold a vote on it.
    This idea that Ireland is remotely close to the Muslim world as far as beliefs on homosexuality is so stupid, so blatantly disingenuous.  I don't know why people who want to defend the Islamic world (even if it is just so they are seen to be PC, or left wing) can't do it honestly and not be disingenuous about it and making up utter bollocks and false equivalences.

No one is making that claim, I'm saying that homophobes come from all races, colours, creeds and are not indicative to one religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Unfortunately you cannot deport Irish born homophobes, you can however prevent the importation of non EU homophobes, perhaps we could persuade them to move to Roscommon.

Fcuk that idea!! It's hard enough to live in Roscommon as it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

22% of the Irish population identify as NON Christian, of the 78% who ticked the last census box it would appear a great many are no longer actually Christian when the Repeal the 8th and SSM referendums are taken into account.

So for you to presume that every white person in Dublin, one of the most diverse cities in Europe, is a Christian is so strikingly moronic it deserves to be ridiculed.

I'm a person of colour, and as you may have guessed, I'm not Muslim, nor have I ever made any assumptions as to a person's faith (on boards.ie or in reality) by the colour of their skin as you have... but I'm the racist?

You can be a Christian / Catholic and have voted Yes in the two recent referendums. Father Brian D'Arcy made this point recently, that if a person makes a personal moral judgement and votes a certain way, who is anyone to tell them they have done the wrong thing.

It would be the more hardline, conservative elements in the Church going with the "You're not really a Christian if you voted a certain way".

Not once have I made such a claim, nor have I even come close to such an inference, I have no information about this particular assault other than what's in the public domain which is the sum of very little.

You're singing from the same hymn sheet as Odhinn who demanded we stick to discussing this attack only when it became clear he could not discredit any of the data I referenced.

Your 1st post in this thread.
    Whilst I cannot verify this posters claim of foreign nationals being responsible for a higher percentage of sexual assaults than Irish born, one only has to look to our closest neighbors (and their readily available statistics) to discover that though Muslim men constitute only 3% of the entire UK population, over 12% of convicted rapists are indeed Muslim.

More damning, are the statistics pertaining to gang rapes and grooming where again, from a pool of 3% of the population, Muslim men are responsible for over 75% of attacks...

https://www.channel4./news/factcheck/what-do-we-know-about-the-ethnicity-of-sexual-abuse-gangs

These are the facts, they cannot be denied or defended, nor can they be swept beneath the rug any longer.

There are a great many regions on this planet of ours where the threat of rape is an absolute constant. Regions where women are seen as lesser in worth than their male counterparts, where women can be convicted, ostracized, and even executed for daring to speak out about her attackers.

So though rape has existed in Ireland since time immemorial, indeed, there is no shortage of white skinned, blue eyed rapists in Mountjoy, but though we cannot export these vermin from Ireland, conversely, we can however prevent the importation of men who, as proven in the UK, have a propensity for sexual violence toward women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

So instead of wanting to further discuss the statistical data in any meaningfully way, your objective is instead to try and get "one up" on a forum... that's incredibly sad.

Again, I already discussed it previously in the thread.

But, ok, lets discuss stats. According to research there were 264 convictions for grooming since 2005. 75% of that is 198. We know that's too high because, as you posted earlier, the same person can be convicted for multiple victims but we'll leave it as is for the sake of simplicity. So 198 men out of 1.4 million is 0.014% of the Muslim male population. I'm open to correction on my maths there.

But what about the 12% figure? That's high too right? From your own link that 12 % equates to 676 offenders, about 0.04% of the Muslim population.

So while it is something worth looking at why the ratios are the way they are, the idea that the actual numbers have any representative value over the Muslim population has no merit. They are simply too small. The idea that you can somehow judge a person in a population of 1.4 million by what 676 people of his religion have done is exactly the attitude behind racism.

Your 1st post in this thread.

I still stand by this statement pertaining to UK Muslims which I supported with reliable statistical data, now, what part of this post, which not once mentions skin colour, caused you to call me out as racist?

You truly are clueless, I post data which clearly illustrates the higher percentage of homophobic beliefs and propensity for sexual assaults in the Muslim community over all other sectors of the UK population, in your mind, me highlighting this available reputable data is racist.

You then go on to make an imbecilic claim that one can assume all white people in Dublin, again, one of the most diverse cities in Europe, are all Christian using the last available census which clearly states almost a quarter of Ireland's population are not.

Only one of us has displayed a propensity for profiling people based on their skin colour and it most definitely wasn't me. So, are you going to apologise for your disingenuous, infantile, and repulsive claim that I am a racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

bubblypop wrote: »
    No, no we can't decide that millions of people are exactly the same because they have the same religion.
    The fact you can't see that that is blatant discrimination is shocking.

So you would have supported mass immigration of Nazi party members from Germany after WW2? They weren't all bad either. They had similar beliefs about Jews and homosexuality as Islam does. And sure other ideologies killed Jews and gays too so its all good.

Again, I already discussed it previously in the thread.

But, ok, lets discuss stats. According to research there were 264 convictions for grooming since 2005. 75% of that is 198. We know that's too high because, as you posted earlier, the same person can be convicted for multiple victims but we'll leave it as is for the sake of simplicity. So 198 men out of 1.4 million is 0.014% of the Muslim male population. I'm open to correction on my maths there.

But what about the 12% figure? That's high too right? From your own link that 12 % equates to 676 offenders, about 0.04% of the Muslim population.

So while it is something worth looking at why the ratios are the way they are, the idea that the actual numbers have any representative value over the Muslim population has no merit. They are simply too small. The idea that you can somehow judge a person in a population of 1.4 million by what 676 people of his religion have done is exactly the attitude behind racism.

OK. Where are the mass condemnation of these attitudes from within the Muslim community? How many people have been prosecuted for FGM in the UK? NONE.

The actual figures are very likely far higher due to the unwillingness of the establishment to prosecute Muslims.

The homophobia, anti semitism and misogyny are all justified by their religion. How do people not see this? Islam never had a Reformation or an enlightenment. That's the huge huge difference people are not seeing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

professore wrote: »
    OK. Where are the mass condemnation of these attitudes from within the Muslim community? How many people have been prosecuted for FGM in the UK? NONE.

The homophobia, anti semitism and misogyny are all justified by their religion. How do people not see this? Islam never had a Reformation or an enlightenment. That's the huge huge difference people are not seeing here.

What are you talking about? What attitudes? What has any of what you posted got to do with my post?
    The actual figures are very likely far higher due to the unwillingness of the establishment to prosecute Muslims.

So when the figures say Muslims are bad they are worth looking at but when they don't then they are likely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Unfortunately you cannot deport Irish born homophobes, you can however prevent the importation of non EU homophobes, perhaps we could persuade them to move to Roscommon.

What in idiotic suggestion!

How on earth would or could you ever persuade anyone to move to Roscommon

Cromwell the prick couldn't even do it

:pac:

The fact that you're willing to ignore the many reputable polls taken in the UK which found the majority of UK Muslims as wanting to throw those pesky gays in prison for no other reason other than their culture and religion tells them they're a bit icky is what I find shocking.

A bit of a tongue twister I grant you, but for us to build a truly tolerant society, we cannot tolerate the intolerable.

I don't know what you mean by I ignore the polls. If there are polls which say the majority of Muslim's polled are homophobic, I believe that.
    What it has to do with anything is beyond me.
    I find people hold the most intolerant ideas sometimes, but people can think whatever they want.
    What it has to do with this thread?

What it has to do with this thread?

To be fair, little if even anything at all, I'd imagine it would be more beneficial if everything from the second page onward was seperated into a different thread discussing these topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What in idiotic suggestion!

How on earth would or could you ever persuade anyone to move to Roscommon

Cromwell the prick couldn't even do it

:pac:

Thats because it's not real.

So you would have supported mass immigration of Nazi party members from Germany after WW2? They weren't all bad either. They had similar beliefs about Jews and homosexuality as Islam does. And sure other ideologies killed Jews and gays too so its all good.

Arw you actually comparing all Muslim's to Nazis? Really?!
    I think you will find that the Nazis did some bad things..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

So no-one is concerned with the disappearance of the North European Celts?
    Are we to just lie down and be trampled by to death by Arab and African immigrants?

So no-one is concerned with the disappearance of the North European Celts?
    Are we to just lie down and be trampled by to death by Arab and African immigrants?

Would think anglo saxons and there "culture" are numerous more times a danger to celt population of ireland than Arab or African immigrants?

Just read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book Heretic. A woman that grew up as a devout Muslim in Somalia, and lived in Kenya, Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia. It will open your eyes.

I have no issue with immigration whatsoever - but the cultures where many of these immigrants are coming from belong in the Dark Ages. And what ISIS have done is at least as bad as anything the Nazis did, the Nazis were just more efficient at it.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/11/middleeast/isis-yazidi-war-crimes-tribunal-investigation/index.html

If there was a proactive policy of integration, rather than the current voluntary segregation, zero tolerance for FGM and abuse of women, removal of religion from schools, swift justice and deportation for offenders, then by all means. But none of the above is true.

With the current fake news trend, if you Google it you get anything from 5% to 88% of Muslims support ISIS. So hard to know.

Peace loving law abiding Muslims are welcome here. But there is a big effort to quash any negative stories around Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Just read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book Heretic. A woman that grew up as a devout Muslim in Somalia, and lived in Kenya, Saudi Arabia and Ethiopia. It will open your eyes.

She actually became "radicalised" by a preacher, rather than her home country or parents, but for whatever reason, downplayed this, and gave perhaps the story she thought a certain audience wanted.

Odhinn wrote: »
    She actually became "radicalised" by a preacher, rather than her home country or parents, but for whatever reason, downplayed this, and gave perhaps the story she thought a certain audience wanted.

She states this clearly in her book. And she wasn't radicalised, she was just following a very popular mainstream version of Islam in Kenya and Saudi Arabia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

She's also been proven to have repeatedly lied on her asylum application about her circumstances and background for which she nearly (I think) lost her Dutch citizenship, certainly lost her political career.

So while I haven't read her book I'd be somewhat careful with holding her up as a beacon of truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Now now.
    Lets not shoot the messenger...

What was the message again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Did she tell you this??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement