Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang Rape in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Now if you're finished with your disingenuous and childishly obvious attempt at deflection, would you like to answer the question put to you.
    Odhinn wrote: »
    The thread is about an attack in kildare.

I'll take that as a completely predictable no from you.

You see, homophobia is a very personal topic to me, that you are one who time and time again has shown themselves as having no desire whatsoever to discuss this very real issue in the hope of perhaps coming to a greater understanding means you are of f_ck all use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'll take that as a completely predictable no from you.

You see, homophobia is a very personal topic to me, that you are one who time and time again has shown themselves as having no desire whatsoever of discuss this very real issue in the hope of perhaps coming to a greater understanding means you are of f_ck all use to me.

The thread isn't about homophobia, pakistanis or whatever else preoccupies you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

professore wrote: »
    What are you talking about? My maths are perfectly correct. It's you who are wilfully blind. I specifically said it doesn't mean all Muslims are rapists or even a majority. It DOES however point to a cultural problem in Islam. These gangs have sprung up in several UK cities, even relatively small ones. This is not some sort of statistical anomaly.

Would you say the Catholic Church in Ireland had nothing to do with sexual abuse? Because its the same argument you are making about Islam. If you are prepared to overlook the systematic rape of thousands of British girls then shame on you, you are no better than the Catholic hierarchy who covered up and excused abuse in their ranks.

And I am not racist. Or islamophobic. I strongly support secular Muslims such as Maajid Nawaz and apostates like Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Or moderate Muslims. I even have Muslim friends. But excusing this stuff is idiotic and dangerous.

It doesn't point to a cultural problem. Those hundreds are a percentage of a percentage of all the muslims. If there was a "cultural" problem it would be bigger.

The catholic church as an organisation covered up the abusers. But there's nothing in being a priest that makes someone more likely to be an abuser. The problem there was an organisation. The number of priests who were abusers is still statistically tiny. And I certainly wouldn't say a priest is more likely to be an abuser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Grayson wrote: »
    It doesn't point to a cultural problem. Those hundreds are a percentage of a percentage of all the muslims. If there was a "cultural" problem it would be bigger.

The catholic church as an organisation covered up the abusers. But there's nothing in being a priest that makes someone more likely to be an abuser. The problem there was an organisation. The number of priests who were abusers is still statistically tiny. And I certainly wouldn't say a priest is more likely to be an abuser.

So the Catholic Church was a problem and Islam isn't. OK. And I don't know the stats but a religion that represses sexuality is surely more likely to produce abusers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Just to be clear here? I never made any suggestion of the sort, have a look through my posts I didn't even come close to such an inference.

Now if you're finished with your disingenuous and childishly obvious attempt at deflection, would you like to answer the question put to you.

Pot meet kettle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

professore wrote: »
    So the Catholic Church was a problem and Islam isn't. OK. And I don't know the stats but a religion that represses sexuality is surely more likely to produce abusers?

Think your beef with Islam is somewhat hamstrung by the fact it deosnt appear to have a line of command/responsibility like the church and no real head man to take the fall for its obvious failings

What might be acceptable/sermons given in dublin could be completely at odds with something said/done 100 miles away....it's a very vague book and open to variety of interpretations even the word for unbeliever and what qualifies as un believer is open to interpetation afaik (hence why isis kill some other Muslim groups as unbelievers,and then other Muslim groups can coexist perfectly with Christians)

While there's obviously some crazy ****e in there for a 1400 year old book (and some it's only book they ever read)...

..the issue is paedophiles hiding behind religion and trying to claim it's a cultural problem when they've grown up and lived in UK practically all their life....while their parents appear to most part not been up to anything like that and just get on with life....the parents aren't to blame for them being paedophiles (afaik it's a sexual oritation and no therapy/prision wI'll cure it,only lock up any who've acted on it is solution imo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Those hundreds (that are known/caught in the uk) are likely responsible for 10,000 or so direct victims (nevermind that effect on wider society). Those (within that community) recognise it themselves, as a 'cultural' issue, that needs addressed.

The CC also have an serious issue and even recongise the issue as an almost 'pandemic' situation, that may even cause the fall of Rome.

Every country and nearly every parish effected in some way. You only have to look this year: the mass sacking of ALL the Bishops of Chile due to their failure to protect victims. The Cardinal of Scotland denied a burial mass, and a parish in Ireland classed as unfit for purpose by the Pope after a string of multiple recent revelations.

I'd suggest they also have a higher % of offenders, than within regular society, many others might also agree with that theory.

Pot meet kettle.

Ah tis yourself again, I thought you abandoned this thread after I provided reputable statistics proving 12% of all convicted sexual abusers in the UK come from a pool of 3% of the total populace and that 75% of all groomers are also Muslim, do you disagree with my assertions? If so, do please provide some sources with evidence proving otherwise.

Ah tis yourself again, I thought you abandoned this thread after I provided reputable statistics proving 12% of all convicted sexual abusers in the UK come from a pool of 3% of the total populace and that 75% of all groomers are also Muslim, do you disagree with my assertions? If so, do please provide some sources with evidence proving otherwise.

Aw did you miss me? I went outside for a while. I see you are still dodging the same question and now you've moved on to giving out to others about doing the same. So I'll had hypocrite to dishonest on your bio. I also see you've changed your claim once again. To recap, your claim was that 75% of gang rapes are committed by 3% of the population and you have yet to provide a statistic to prove it or even acknowledge you said it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Why is anyone surprised? They consider us to be infidels and white women as pieces of meat, designed to be abused, raped and just for sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Taytoland wrote: »
    Why is anyone surprised? They consider us to be infidels and white women as pieces of meat, designed to be abused, raped and just for sex.

Because the Quran states they can lie to spread Islam so Muslims claim Islam its a peaceful religion when its not [notice whenever a Muslim commits an attack an Iman will always trot out the Islam is a Religion of Peace deflection instead on condemning the Barbarism carried in the so-called religion of peace's name] and Leftist's that see Sharia as their perfect totalitarian system so they willfully spread the lies.

So you're another one with information unknown to the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

If 75% hail from a population of 3% this means that a Muslim man is 25 times more likely to be a member of a grooming gang than a non Muslim.[/quote]

Oh it's a lot more than 25 times going by those figures.
    Someone can work it out better than me.
    If people from one religion commit three quarters of these rapes and come from approximately 1 in 30 of the population it's a awful lot more than 25 times.

Check out the Quilliam foundation which is lead by Maajid Nawaz, probably the best Muslim voice in Britain right now. 
    Madagascan wrote: »
    If 75% hail from a population of 3% this means that a Muslim man is 25 times more likely to be  a member of a grooming gang than a non Muslim.

Oh it's a lot more than 25 times going by those figures.
    Someone can work it out better than me.
    If people from one religion commit three quarters of these rapes and come from approximately 1 in 30 of the population it's a awful lot more than 25 times.[/quote]
    It's religion and culture.Women are treated like absolute sh*te. Feminism never goes for them though which is unforgivable.

Aw did you miss me? I went outside for a while. I see you are still dodging the same question and now you've moved on to giving out to others about doing the same. So I'll had hypocrite to dishonest on your bio. I also see you've changed your claim once again. To recap, your claim was that 75% of gang rapes are committed by 3% of the population and you have yet to provide a statistic to prove it or even acknowledge you said it.

You have a bio for me, how flattering, you're nothing to me but a name on a screen.

But moving forward, so instead of wanting to participate in an adult discussing pertaining to the higher propensity for Muslim men to be involved in sexual assaults than other members of society (which is provably true when conviction rates are taken into account), you're taking umbrage with the distinction between "rape gangs" and "grooming gangs".

I'm more than willing to concede defeat to you by stating there are no available statistics to ascertain the religions of perpetrators involved in "gang rape". And thus, now that I've assuaged your dogged persistence, would you like to actually discuss the statistics that ARE available and which clearly indicate;

75% of all "grooming gangs" come from 3% of the overall UK populace, ie Muslim males, and,

12% of sexual abusers of any type come from this same small pool, furthermore,

The majority of UK Muslims would like to see homosexuality criminalised.

Taking these above facts into account, why is it you believe Muslim immigrants into Ireland will hold different morals than their UK counterparts?

You have a bio for me, how flattering, you're nothing to me but a name on a screen.

But moving forward, so instead of wanting to participate in an adult discussing pertaining to the higher propensity for Muslim men to be involved in sexual assaults than other members of society (which is provably true when conviction rates are taken into account), you're taking umbrage with the distinction between "rape gangs" and "grooming gangs".

I'm more than willing to concede defeat to you by stating there are no available statistics to ascertain the religions of perpetrators involved in "gang rape". And thus, now that I've assuaged your dogged persistence, would you like to actually discuss the statistics that ARE available and which clearly indicate;

75% of all "grooming gangs" come from 3% of the overall UK populace, ie Muslim males, and,

12% of sexual abusers of any type come from this same small pool, furthermore,

The majority of UK Muslims would like to see homosexuality criminalised.

Taking these above facts into account, why is it you believe Muslim immigrants into Ireland will hold different morals than their UK counterparts?

Well I suppose that's the best I could hope for. I hope you'll stop posting fake statistics like that in the future. I already discussed the real statistics a few pages back. You must have been trying to convert your Muslim hamster to Christianity at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,442 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Homophobes would be an apt descriptor, we don't need them, nor want them.

We should deport all of the people who voted no to SSM so.

Researchers, who analysed 264 convictions of grooming gang members since 2005, had initially expected to find Asians had been unfairly singled out.

However, they discovered that 222 of those convicted, or 84 per cent, were men of Asian origin. Only 22 were black and 18 were white with two offenders not having an identified ethnicity. The findings are in stark contrast to the fact Asians make up only seven per cent of the UK population, the report said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/09/grooming-gangs-muslim-men-failed-integrate-british-society/

Ms Adil added: “There are elements from within the British Pakistani community that still subscribe to outdated and sexist views of women embedded within their jaded interpretations of Islam. These backward views are passed down from generation to generation until the lines between faith and culture dissolve, making it increasingly difficult to criticise one without being seen as a critic of the other.”

Another one with information unknown to the rest of us?

I do hope you're not referring to me seeing as I did in fact provide quantifiable statistics to back up my claims which, instead of choosing to address with some semblance of maturity, because they upset your entrenched personal opinion, you instead demanded we speak only of this particular attack in Clane.

You know the precise group involved? Please share your information with the rest of us.
    Do you wish to discuss the many reputable polls taken in the UK which clearly indicate the majority of UK Muslims want homosexuality criminalised?

Please share your information with the rest of us what research you have undertaken to come to the conclusion that Muslims entering Ireland from similar geographic, cultural, and religious backgrounds as those in the UK will be any less homophobic?
    The thread is about an attack in kildare, not your unhealthy obessesions.

You must have been trying to convert your Muslim hamster to Christianity at the time.

Good man, It's troubling to me that you find this thread on sexual assault an appropriate place to post your attempts at humour.

• Advertisement

We should deport all of the people who voted no to SSM so.

Unfortunately you cannot deport Irish born homophobes, you can however prevent the importation of non EU homophobes, perhaps we could persuade them to move to Roscommon.

Check out the Quilliam foundation which is lead by Maajid Nawaz, probably the best Muslim voice in Britain right now. 

And this relates to the alleged attack in kildare how, exactky?

And this relates to the alleged attack in kildare how, exactky?

What knowledge do you have of the attack in Clane?

If it's the sum of nought then why insert yourself in the thread?

Good man, It's troubling to me that you find this thread on sexual assault an appropriate place to post your attempts at humour.

What kind of a person would do such a thing? I guess this comment of yours was not meant to be humorous?

feck it, this is like attempting to teach a hamster the violin.

Yes, troubling indeed.

Tbf humour is needed everywhere otherwise it's just sh1te craic like.....bit boring being serious all the time....it's 11.18 on a sat night and your critising people for attempting humour?

What went wrong snakep :(

What kind of a person would do such a thing? I guess this comment of yours was not meant to be humorous?

Yes, troubling indeed.

That wasn't humour, that was me voicing my frustration at one old enough to use a forum, yet immature enough to constantly evade every question put to them.

Blaas4life wrote: »
    What went wrong snakep :(

A young women was raped, so forgive me for not seeing the same opportunities for humour as you have.

so forgive me for not seeing the same opportunities for humour as you have.

No forgiveness needed kid....

.just think life's to short to be policing internet threads so as to be sure noone is allowed have humour at the replies while respecting the main content

Blaas4life wrote: »
    No forgiveness needed kid....

.just think life's to short to be policing internet threads so as to be sure noone is allowed have humour at the replies while respecting the main content

We'll agree to disagree so, me? I feel there are enough humorous threads on boards where one can find levity, attempting humour on a thread specifically about the rape of a young woman I find in poor taste, but I'm not policing, fill your boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,442 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/09/grooming-gangs-muslim-men-failed-integrate-british-society/

Ms Adil added: “There are elements from within the Irish catholic community that still subscribe to outdated and sexist views of women embedded within their jaded interpretations of Christianity. These backward views are passed down from generation to generation until the lines between faith and culture dissolve, making it increasingly difficult to criticise one without being seen as a critic of the other.”[/b]

As we seen from the SSM and recent repeal referenda, Outdated views towards many things are not exclusive to one religion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement