Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Edit
    yes the whistleblower is using a VPN, little lock icon on his screen.

the lock icon only means their tweets are not public

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

the lock icon only means their tweets are not public

I am guessing he meant the key icon, like on the top of the screen in this photo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

It would make sense if the Hutches are starting to retaliate now, that a lot of kinahan gunmen are in custody.

I had a feeling they where just playing it sweet while the other crowd all got themselves arrested, then they where going to try something.

But a part of me thinks this is more of a personal thing, there is two main Hutch gunmen and they wouldn't miss their target like that, if it was either of those boys pete wouldn't have just been shot in the arm.

I understand they may have missed their number 1 in the regency, but that was only because he wasn't in the building, nothing to do with bad aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,425 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dr Brown wrote: »
    The Gardas did me for speeding at the weekend thats where the resources are, going after decent people while the scumbags roam free.

Haven't you heard of the great trick to allow decent people to avoid speeding fines?

http://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/driver-reveals-one-simple-trick-to-avoid-speeding-fines-and-penalty-points/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't you heard of the great trick to allow decent people to avoid speeding fines?

http://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/driver-reveals-one-simple-trick-to-avoid-speeding-fines-and-penalty-points/

Bet she has never come across a group of professional cyclists going along at a nice steady 50kph that she needed to drive 17kph faster than in order to overtake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Why do cyclists insist on ruining absolutely everything? :rolleyes:

The whistleblower.

A great account, put the kettle on his account is as morish as Afghan heroin :)

What a phrase! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

tomofson wrote: »
    It would make sense if the Hutches are starting to retaliate now, that a lot of kinahan gunmen are in custody.

I had a feeling they where just playing it sweet while the other crowd all got themselves arrested, then they where going to try something.

But a part of me thinks this is more of a personal thing, there is two main Hutch gunmen and they wouldn't miss their target like that, if it was either of those boys pete wouldn't have just been shot in the arm.

I understand they may have missed their number 1 in the regency, but that was only because he wasn't in the building, nothing to do with bad aim.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with the Hutch-Kinahan feud. It is more likely to do with Pete Taylor and his goings on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Bet she has never come across a group of professional cyclists going along at a nice steady 50kph that she needed to drive 17kph faster than in order to overtake.

That's what you have a windscreen sprayer for

weisses wrote: »
    That's what you have a windscreen sprayer for

Just make sure you smile nicely for the cyclist's camera when you do it - you'll want to look your best when the footage goes viral. Or when it goes to the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Just make sure you smile nicely for the cyclist's camera when you do it - you'll want to look your best when the footage goes viral. Or when it goes to the Gardai.

I'm not condoning the behaviour but would you honestly call the Guards because someone squirted water at you ?

I'd love to hear that conversation..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Isnt it really bizarre that the shooter never even attempted to burn out the VW Caddy. His DNA will be all over it. As someone already said it has a whiff of amateurism off it.

Rennaws wrote: »
    I'm not condoning the behaviour but would you honestly call the Guards because someone squirted water at you ?

Yeah, I did it some years back. The Garda took it fairly seriously, given the potential dangers that arise from distracting any road user, even if just for a second or two. She called round to the registered owner - turns out the young lad was driving mammies car at the time. He didn't drive mammies car again for a good while.

Yeah, I did it some years back. The Garda took it fairly seriously, given the potential dangers that arise from distracting any road user, even if just for a second or two. She called round to the registered owner - turns out the young lad was driving mammies car at the time. He didn't drive mammies car again for a good while.

^^^^^
    This definitely happened... almost definitely... well, probably... maybe, anyhoo... yeah, it never happened... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭dbas

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Isnt it really bizarre that the shooter never even attempted to burn out the VW Caddy. His DNA will be all over it. As someone already said it has a whiff of amateurism off it.

Who knows, it might not even be the same van. That journey would only take a half hour at that hour of the morning. Took well over an hour and he drove all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

dbas wrote: »
    Who knows, it might not even be the same van. That journey would only take a half hour at that hour of the morning. Took well over an hour and he drove all over the place.

Really? How do we know that? I seen the Guards appealing for Dash Cam footage all right.

Honestly Bray can be a pig to get out of I'd say an hour would be about right with traffic building along the route at that hour

nelly17 wrote: »
    Really? How do we know that? I seen the Guards appealing for Dash Cam footage all right.

Honestly Bray can be a pig to get out of I'd say an hour would be about right with traffic building along the route at that hour

Thought I read that the van had been spotted in a few places that indicate it didnt go directly to ringsend.
    I'm speculating about the van as why wouldnt they burn it out? Also, by coincidence the van used in the jason molyneaux murder was found in ringsend and not burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

It's not water. It's some sort of windscreen washer fluid. I've tasted it :D

Apparently, spraying people with any liquid is assault.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    This definitely happened... almost definitely... well, probably... maybe, anyhoo... yeah, it never happened... :o
    Maybe you're right. Maybe I just happened to make up the story a few days ago and post it on an unrelated thread, just on the off-chance that the topic would come up on this thread. That sounds like a more likely coincidental scenario, doesn't it?
    would you honestly call the Guards because someone squirted water at you ?
    So if I were to spin up on a motorbike beside your open window and use a water-pistol to fire soapy water into your eyes and mouth while you're driving, would you honestly NOT call the Guards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Maybe you're right. Maybe I just happened to make up the story a few days ago and post it on an unrelated thread, just on the off-chance that the topic would come up on this thread. That sounds like a more likely coincidental scenario, doesn't it?

So if I were to spin up on a motorbike beside your open window and use a water-pistol to fire soapy water into your eyes and mouth while you're driving, would you honestly NOT call the Guards?

You cyclists are hilarious. Ye think everything revolves around you and your pathetic mode of transport.
    How could you even prove a motorist did it on purpose anyway. Any Garda with a bit of cop on would laugh at you if you reported it.
    I'm laughing here even thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

He sounds like a bit of an imbecile (the twitter account holder) to be honest! It is like a cheap parody a/c! The guy probably has a shrine to Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams in his bog! And collects those Sunday world crime booklets that they give away every now and then!

SHE, she is an imbecile.
    She had a fascination to Graham ODywer a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Suckit wrote: »
    I very much doubt it has anything to do with the Hutch-Kinahan feud. It is more likely to do with Pete Taylor and his goings on.

I guess that’s my point, his goings on has him linked to the Kinahans and if he is in fact in receipt of income for coaching mtk linked boxers He’s indirectly aligned himself with them and made himself a target. It does sound really dodgy stating to a paper that he can coach who he wants and was coaching the mtk boxers for free, then driving around in a flash sports car, doesn’t add up.

Again I reckon it’s indirectly linked to the feud as he is a high profile target for enemies of the Kinahans. Also if it’s not feud related what other gang would want to antagonise The Kinahans and shoot someone who is coaching their boxers and is possibly on their pay roll? Given their record I don’t see another gang crossing them.

Casey78 wrote: »
    You cyclists are hilarious. Ye think everything revolves around you and your pathetic mode of transport.
    How could you even prove a motorist did it on purpose anyway. Any Garda with a bit of cop on would laugh at you if you reported it.
    I'm laughing here even thinking about it.

Keep laughing, my friend. If it happened today, I'd have front and rear camera footage. There's a fair bet that the direction of the stream and the position and speed of the car would make the motorist's intent fairly clear.

When it happened the last time, I didn't have any camera running, but the Garda seemed to take it fairly seriously. I noted that the windscreen nozzle was pointing to the left, not at the windscreen, so that gave a fairly clear indication of intent. That and the fact that the car slowed when it came along side, and four young lads roared laughing at the time.

I guess the Gardai get lots of reports of crimes where the intent is not clear at the outset, but when the full story is pulled together, intent is fairly clear.

Does it make you feel big and clever to call cycling 'a pathetic mode of transport'? More people cycle in Dublin for their commute than come by Luas and DART combined. Is it still pathetic?
    http://irishcycle.com/2017/07/30/more-residents-commute-by-bicycle-than-by-luas-and-dart-in-dublin-city-and-suburbs/

SHE, she is an imbecile.
    She had a fascination to Graham ODywer a few years back

Thats another friutcake- she's not connected to that account. She just talks to herself on about ten accounts all day. Suppose we all need our hobbies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tomofson wrote: »

Playing it sweet? Most of them are dead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "A motorist squirted water at me on my bike"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "A motorist squirted water at me on my bike"

Imagine that was all you had to worry about in life?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

dbas wrote: »
    Thought I read that the van had been spotted in a few places that indicate it didnt go directly to ringsend.
    I'm speculating about the van as why wouldnt they burn it out? Also, by coincidence the van used in the jason molyneaux murder was found in ringsend and not burned out.

It might be strategic, dumping it in Ringsend. It's a five-minute walk from the city centre but there's also not a lot of CCTV around, so you can dump it without being caught on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Also, the reduced outpouring regarding the innocent bystander isn't because we've become numb to innocent people being murdered; it's because Pete Taylor, a famous man, was the target. That's the story.

If the intended target was just some random knacker in a boxing club then there would be a lot more coverage and subsequent outrage over the poor man who was killed.

• Advertisement

We already have one of those, so you might want to merge instead of renaming.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057878507/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement