Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Fancy throwing out sheeple now, or do you want to save that one for later on?

You already know exactly what you are I needn't say no more.

Hope you enjoy your cheque from tel aviv university. How much are they paying each hasbara these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ah - the old "I'm not racist, I've a mate that's black" defence. Gotcha ;)

No, not really. A sizeable amount of people involved in attacks are white and, 'recent converts', the issues surrounding terrorist activity are complicated. The idea that you can even broach the subject without tackling the thorny issues of questioning how a religion perceives others and educates to hate others, well, you'll get nowhere.

Amalgam wrote: »
    No, not really. A sizeable amount of people involved in attacks are white and, 'recent converts', the issues surrounding terrorist activity are complicated. The idea that you can even broach the subject without tackling the thorny issues of questioning how a religion perceives others and educates to hate others, well, you'll get nowhere.

A "sizable amount" are far from "white".

Islam isn't the only religious extremism you are not allowed to tackle on (((boards.ie)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

tomofson wrote: »
    You already know exactly what you are I needn't say no more.

Hope you enjoy your cheque from tel aviv university. How much are they paying each hasbara these days?

If any of the hasbara are watching I would like to claim 5 years in back pay, gold, diamonds, euros, all acceptable.

An aśśhole with a gun is an aśśhole with a gun.

He can claim religion as the motivation, or he can claim his boss was a prick and that made him do it, or he could have been spurned by some woman.

His main reason is that he is an aśśhole.

The difference between random school shootings in the US and this is possibility of a Yugoslavia or Lebanon type end result much much further down the line. We are ignoring the early warning signs. This could be for our grandchildren or their children even but its not worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Amalgam wrote: »
    Keep being an apologist. The AGS are keeping you safe as I type.

I went to a College with a Jewish curriculum, I have no problem with Hindus. Cheers.

Yet you're picking what is a minority cult within in islam, wahhabism, and using it to slander an entire religion. You're also claiming integration doesn't work because of that tiny minority. This is despite people showing you that there are many european cities where it works. And showing you that muslims weren't blowing people up.

The simple fact is that, whatever school you went to, they didn't teach you what inductive reasoning is. Or deductive for that matter. You use logic which can't be extended beyond your very narrow world view. You use arguments for one religion which you wouldn't apply to others. You have a bias which is clouding your ability to come to rational conclusions.

As for calling me an apologist? How am I one? I've never defended a terrorist. I've never said that violence is right. So how am I an apologist? Is it because I say that not all muslims are terrorists? that's true. Is it because I say it's wrong to label a whole group because of the actions of a few, actions they don't condone or have control over? that's true too. But at no point have I ever excused the actions of a terrorist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

We got a name.

Benjamin Herman. 36 years of age.

And oh, radicalised in prison which he left yesterday.

Attacked 2 female police officers from behind with a knife after which he got their guns and shot them.
    After that he killed a 25 year male in a car., took a woman hostage, injured 4 more police after which he was finally dealt with.

And here he is with the guns:

1e02d4fb042c4086c967cf6f0bb1f249.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Grayson wrote: »
    Yet you're picking what is a minority cult within in islam, wahhabism, and using it to slander an entire religion. You're also claiming integration doesn't work because of that tiny minority. This is despite people showing you that there are many european cities where it works. And showing you that muslims weren't blowing people up.

The simple fact is that, whatever school you went to, they didn't teach you what inductive reasoning is. Or deductive for that matter. You use logic which can't be extended beyond your very narrow world view. You use arguments for one religion which you wouldn't apply to others. You have a bias which is clouding your ability to come to rational conclusions.

As for calling me an apologist? How am I one? I've never defended a terrorist. I've never said that violence is right. So how am I an apologist? Is it because I say that not all muslims are terrorists? that's true. Is it because I say it's wrong to label a whole group because of the actions of a few, actions they don't condone or have control over? that's true too. But at no point have I ever excused the actions of a terrorist.

I picked out Wahhabism because *that* is the problem, not being a Muslim, you're choosing to filter what I'm posting, to suit your pigeonholing needs.

Pot, kettle.

Not the first time an attack of this sort has happened in liege

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Li%C3%A8ge_attack

Won't be the last time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Grayson wrote: »

When you get rid of all the predominantly Muslim neighborhoods (terror breeding grounds) you have a point... Or maybe point me to the people who showed integration is just fine an integration is working ... Im curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Tiny minority blah blah...

lets-not-jump-to-conclusions-aaannndddits-muslims.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

weisses wrote: »
    When you get rid of all the predominantly Muslim neighborhoods (terror breeding grounds) you have a point... Or maybe point me to the people who showed integration is just fine an integration is working ... Im curious

Boards - this was a muslim attack!!!

*turns out not to be*

Boards - um... well... maybe not this time..
    but it's only a matter of time blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very sad situation again for the family and friends of these innocent victims, these attacks will never make sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

I'm gonna be really blunt here and horribly insensitive - but what the f*ck?

Honestly, look at the difference between reactions here when it's a school shooting by a white male and a shooting done by an immigrant* who "failed to integrate"?

They are both crimes, done by sick, sick individuals and there is absolutely no need or reason to push personal racial agendas on the matter.

Literally all threads like this somehow end up extreme Muslim bashing whereas there's nowhere near the amount of vitriol when it's a young school shooter off his rocker in the US?

There are always different levels of reaction. Compare last weeks murder of Jastine Valdez with the latest murder of a young man in Louth. Like night and day in terms of reaction.

thebull85 wrote: »
    There are always different levels of reaction. Compare last weeks murder of Jastine Valdez with the latest murder of a young man in a Louth. Like night and day in terms of reaction.

In today's radical feminist dominated society a males life is meaningless, and we let it happen.

Radical feminism needs to get the boot sometime soon.

Boards - this was a muslim attack!!!

*turns out not to be*

Boards - um... well... maybe not this time..
    but it's only a matter of time blah blah blah

Why are you quoting me ?

I do not disagree with the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

inforfun wrote: »
    And oh, radicalised in prison which he left yesterday.

Radicalized vegan?
    Radicalized far right?
    Radicalized what?

Islam presumably if they didn't mention anything? Kinda important bit of information to leave out really? Or is that just the new meaning of radicalized?

Or do they just mean 'came out worse than he went in'?

In today's radical feminist dominated society a males life is meaningless, and we let it happen.

Radical feminism needs to get the boot sometime soon.

Jesus ... that turned nasty quickly

Any other groups you have an issue with ? Dont bottle it all up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus ... that turned nasty quickly

Any other groups you have an issue with ? Dont bottle it all up

I'm dissapointed there was no #CryptoIslamoFascism that was a great buzzword.

wexie wrote: »
    Radicalized vegan?
    Radicalized far right?
    Radicalized what?

Islam presumably if they didn't mention anything? Kinda important bit of information to leave out really? Or is that just the new meaning of radicalized?

According to RTE news, the attacker shouted god is great in Arabic. Make what you will of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Yeah, I wonder what your opinion is when a school shooting happens, do you blame immigration then too?

You mean like when Islamic State claim credit for the attack?

wexie wrote: »
    Radicalized vegan?
    Radicalized far right?
    Radicalized what?

Apparently he was fukced up when he went in and needed little to become even more messed up .... Thats what prisons do

Bigger question is, why did they let him out on leave? as I seen i various reports

Latest reports say he shot the police with their own guns.

According to RTE news, the attacker shouted god is great in Arabic. Make what you will of that.

Well I guess he's unlikely to be a Hasidic Jew so.

Read an earlier Belgian article where they also mentioned he was 'radicalized' but nothing beyond that.

Found it a bit odd they wouldn't just come out and say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Those damn Mormons.

I can make mentally unstable people eat their own poo .. So surely a Prison environment can radicalize a nutter and make him say Allahu Akbar

Or is that to far fetched

Apparently he was fukced up when he went in and needed little to become even more messed up .... Thats what prisons do

Bigger question is, why did they let him out on leave? as I seen i various reports

Was he on leave or just finished his sentence (that's what I read, or at least how I interpreted it).

If he was on leave I'd imagine there'll be some words had with whoever signed off on that.

Latest reports say he shot the police with their own guns.

He only had a serrated knife when he approached the female cops ..... mind boggles why they didnt made swiss cheese out of that fukcer

I can make mentally unstable people eat their own poo .. So surely a Prison environment can radicalize a nutter and make him say Allahu Akbar

Or is that to far fetched

So basically it wasn't islam no matter what, okay gotcha.

• Advertisement

So basically it wasn't islam no matter what, okay gotcha.

He was radicalized ... what don't you understand ?

Advertisement