Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liege

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

weisses wrote: »
    Yes ... Look at his bio

I cannot help you any further If you conclude he was a mentally stable person.

I assume you did read up on him yes ?

Have you a link to his bio?? I’ve read up a lot on the case, saw nothing about his mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Have you a link to his bio?? I’ve read up a lot on the case, saw nothing about his mental health.

Hahahaha ... You claim to have read a lot about this man and have no opinion about his mental health ? .. are you deliberately obtuse ?

My oxymoron for the day

A mentally stable heroine abusing, robbing, radicalized ISIS supporting violent murderer

Hahahaha ... You claim to have read a lot about this man and have no opinion about his mental health ? .. are you deliberately obtuse ?

My oxymoron for the day

A mentally stable heroine abusing, robbing, radicalized ISIS supporting violent murderer

So that’s a no on a link stating he had mental health problems??

You just made it up. Fair enough, at least we know now.

So that’s a no on a link stating he had mental health problems??

You just made it up. Fair enough, at least we know now.

He had mental health issues by definition Im not making this up .. Perhaps look at the definition of mental health and educate yourself

You need a link that states a heroine abusing, robbing, radicalized ISIS supporting violent murderer was mentally unstable ? ... :rolleyes::o

Let me ask you this: Do you think he was mentally stable/had mental health problems ?

He had mental health issues by definition Im not making this up .. Perhaps look at the definition of mental health and educate yourself

You need a link that states a heroine abusing, robbing, radicalized ISIS supporting violent murderer was mentally unstable ? ... :rolleyes::o

Let me ask you this: Do you think he was mentally stable/had mental health problems ?

Ok Dr Weisses :rollseyes:

Exhibit 1 in why the left is a joke. Making up “mental health issues” because a follower of Allah murders people.

• Advertisement

Exhibit 1 in why the left is a joke. Making up “mental health issues” because a follower of Allah murders people.

Seems I hit a nerve

Seems I hit a nerve

I’ve no idea, I haven’t read his medical history.

When did you first realise you had the gift to diagnose people without ever meeting them??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He is listed on his psychological profile as "unstable". This wasn't a normal guy off the street, he was a violent offender in prison since around 2002 whose first act was to murder an ex inmate (prior to killing the police officers) Was he all there? debatable. Was he radicalised in some form whilst in prison? looks quite possible

I’ve no idea, I haven’t read his medical history.

When did you first realise you had the gift to diagnose people without ever meeting them??

You can simply answer the question by looking at the definition of mental health then look at what he did for the past 15 years

Its not that difficult

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    He is listed on his psychological profile as "unstable". This wasn't a normal guy off the street, he was a violent offender in prison since around 2002 whose first act was to murder an ex inmate (prior to killing the police officers) Was he all there? debatable. Was he radicalised in some form whilst in prison? looks quite possible

Where is his psychological profile? I wouldn’t mind a read of it.

• Advertisement

Where is his psychological profile? I wouldn’t mind a read of it.

Why is that important ? ... Can you not determine by looking at his past he was a complete nutjob ? ... Or is being pedantic the end goal here ?

What has the left got to do with this ?

But if it means then that the right is of the opinion that a heroine abusing, robbing, radicalized ISIS supporting violent murderer was mentally a ok ... Im more comfortable at the left of the political spectrum .. I rather be a joke then delusional

His dad picked him up at the prison and drove him to his psychiatrist in Namen

I dont know if his dad and the shrink are leftie apologists, that wasnt mentioned

https://www.firstorderhistorians.com/2018/05/30/liege-shooter-was-on-monday-with-the-psychiatrist/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    0887aa66b3d4bbc0b210f4da85a6e920.png

Killed by a 27 year old Syrian pharmacist who was ****ing about with some axes while yelling the all so well known slogan.
    2nd Syrian in a a month that needed to be shot in the leg to avoid worse, in the Netherlands.

Thanks Merkel.
    inforfun wrote: »
    If "out" means out of the country back to sand of origin, i am ok with that.

But i am pretty sure the Dutch mental health care thinks they can "fix" this guy and soon will be set up in a house in a working class area. Unsupervised of course when he deosnt want that.

Well, that last part isnt going to happen.
    The **** died in hospital yesterday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I see it as similar to the IRA in the 80s. Not every Irish person was in the IRA, but a huge number knew someone who was and looked the other way or secretly supported them bombing and killing. Very few spoke out against them in public and those who did were looked on with suspicion or hatred.

Actually the Catholic Church might be a better analogy.

The same is true of Islamic terrorism. Look at Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Maajid Nawaz, the latter trying to make a more secular Islam. They are treated like pariahs.

Also as others have pointed out, Islam tries to convert everyone.

professore wrote: »
    I see it as similar to the IRA in the 80s. Not every Irish person was in the IRA, but a huge number knew someone who was and looked the other way or secretly supported them bombing and killing. Very few spoke out against them in public and those who did were looked on with suspicion or hatred.

The same is true of Islamic terrorism. Look at Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Maajid Nawaz, the latter trying to make a more secular Islam. They are treated like pariahs.

Yeah it's not like thousands marched to disavow the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whether you agree with or abhor the IRA, they didn’t kill in the name of an imaginary sky fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

professore wrote: »

But there's a difference. Islam specifically forbids conversion by force. And in general proselytising is not encouraged. You don't get muslims knocking on the door asking if you've heard the message of Mohammad. And you don't get muslims sending missionaries to christian countries the way christians and mormons send missionaries to non christian countries. The general idea with islam is to convert by example.

But like you said, it's not the mainstream muslims that are the problem. It's the nutjobs on the fringes. The same as any other religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Would a ban on Any and All religious regalia in public be a sensible solution then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Would a ban on Any and All religious regalia in public be a sensible solution then?

Like a crucifix or a yarmulke? Yeah, I'm sure that would go down a treat. What about displaying religious tattoos?

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Whether you agree with or abhor the IRA, they didn’t kill in the name of an imaginary sky fairy.

Ohh .. what a relief for the victims

Advertisement