Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44289404

"Police sources quoted in local media said the man was heard shouting "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic)."

Of course it is "Ramadan" isn't it. :(
    At least the holy month of prayer, fasting, celebration (and ultra-violence in the name of the Prophet!) will be over in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

no different from Dublin then

Yeah, if you're comparing Dublin from the eighties with modern day Hungary then you'd be a little closer. Take a 5x hit in salary and you're getting only half off the milk - do the maths from there

That's of course if you can buy milk in Hungary what with all the Muslims everywhere and suicide bombings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

It's all ****ed up. ****ed up man. No way for people to live. With that threat hanging over you. But maybe you have a better chance of dying from a peanut allergy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should take the Muslims who radicalised this scumbag and lock them in solitary confinement for 10 years! Same for any other Muslim prison gangs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

They should take the Muslims who radicalised this scumbag and lock them in solitary confinement for 10 years! Same for any other Muslim prison gangs

FYP ... Or is it only Muslim gangs you are opposing ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

weisses wrote: »
    FYP ... Or is it only Muslim gangs you are opposing ?

Only Muslims, christian white supremacists are A okay

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

wexie wrote: »

They are not ok but at least the fookers are not radicalising people to go slaughter others who are not of the same beliefs.

BTW remember how the Cahrlie Hebdo attacker, Chf Kouachi, was radicalised in prison ?

Jeeze how long is since the Charlie Hebdo attacks?
    Remember all the candles, the vigils and who could forget the march through Paris being led by politicians vowing this would be stopped.

Now how many attacks have there been since and how many more victims have there been, in France and outside France?

But of course to the usual downplayers of these atrocities a bit of whataboutery is always useful.
    And when someone talks about radicalisation in prison one muppet asks if he was radicalised by vegans and another one trumps up what about far right christian white supremacists. :rolleyes:

Anything but face facts of where the huge issue really lies,.

Lol wexir and Weiss are back same poster I would say!

Lol wexir and Weiss are back same poster I would say!

yeah that's exactly it, you genius you, ya worked it out.

Some of you deniers would want to watch this well researched video by Sargon
    These killings prove it’s the Muslim gangs who are radicalising prisoners and run a lot of the prisons in the U.K. and Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Some of you deniers would want to watch this well researched video by Sargon
    These killings prove it’s the Muslim gangs who are radicalising prisoners and run a lot of the prisons in the U.K. and Europe

Deniers of what, exactly?

I've been trying to figure that out for a while.

I doubt a clear and concise answer will be forthcoming though

Wexie and Weiss trying to deflect away from there being a Muslim gang issue in prisons across Europe and using the usual deflect to other religions excuse, well it wasn’t a white Christian gang that radicalised this scum bag who murdered 4 innocent people in Belgium! It seems to be all fun and games for Wexie!

Wexie and Weiss trying to deflect away from there being a Muslim gang issue in prisons across Europe and using the usual deflect to other religions excuse, well it wasn’t a white Christian gang that radicalised this scum bag who murdered 4 innocent people in Belgium! It seems to be all fun and games for Wexie!

Not at all, and I'd love for you to show me where I've said anything of the sort.

As a matter of fact I think there's a 'gang' issue in prisons in general.

Difference between you and me is that I don't just single out the muslims but happily condemn them along with whatever gangs there might be. Like the far right ones...

I think most of us here know why that is though don't we?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

A fourth person has been found dead in Liege.

Not at all, and I'd love for you to show me where I've said anything of the sort.

As a matter of fact I think there's a 'gang' issue in prisons in general.

Difference between you and me is that I don't just single out the muslims but happily condemn them along with whatever gangs there might be. Like the far right ones...

No spell it out go on I dare you!
    I provided you with a well documented video above outlining credible reports of radicalising of not only ordinary Muslims but also high profile non-Muslim killers! Btw that video was published before the murders in Belgium by a day or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Difference between you and me is that I don't just single out the muslims....

Because this is a thread about a crime perpetrated by a Muslim??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

could the number of muslims in a population have any correlation with the number of terrorist attacks, just a idea, anyone have a opinion?

Do u honestly expect a response from the usual suspects on here?! Rather naive, now let's talk about the klu klux clan instead!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

could the number of muslims in a population have any correlation with the number of terrorist attacks, just a idea, anyone have a opinion?

Anyone???

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Because this is a thread about a crime perpetrated by a Muslim??

I think it's questionable he was a real Muslim to begin with

• Advertisement

I've been trying to figure that out for a while.

I doubt a clear and concise answer will be forthcoming though

Don't get your hopes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think it's questionable he was a real Muslim to begin with

The ostrich defence. Keep your head in the sand there buddy.

The ostrich defence. Keep your head in the sand there buddy.

He was a white Belgium national with serious mental issues who recently radicalized in prison ...

I know the term Muslim fits your narrative but I think it's highly unlikely your man was a devoted supporter of Islam

But if he needs to be a Muslim for your circle jerk to continue then I won't stop you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

He was a white Belgium national with serious mental issues who recently radicalized in prison ...

I know the term Muslim fits your narrative but I think it's highly unlikely your man was a devoted supporter of Islam

But if he needs to be a Muslim for your circle jerk to continue then I won't stop you

Correct, well said.
    Mentally ill people act alone, I mean it's not like there is some sacred book that commands the believer to kill the kufar non believer.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

He was a white Belgium national ................

But if he needs to be a Muslim

So what you're saying is that being a 'white Belgian' and Muslim are mutually exclusive? Sounds a bit racist to me.

Think I'll defer to the Reuters version of events: https://www.reuters.com/article/belgium-shooting/belgium-under-scrutiny-over-release-of-radicalised-convict-before-attack-idUSL5N1T06DN
    • He converted to Islam while in detention, a Belgian security source told Reuters, and was under suspicion of radicalisation.
    • A Koran and prayer rug were found during a search of his cell, local media said.
    • A cleaning woman at the school who found herself “nose to face with the killer” told public broadcaster RTBF that he spared her because she was Muslim.
    • Herman had shouted “Allahu Akbar”, the Muslim affirmation of faith, during his attack and he had had contact with Islamist radicals in jail in 2016 and early 2017.
    • He also appeared to have followed online exhortations from Islamic State to stab police officers and use their service weapons to shoot others, prosecutors said.

I would suggest that you consider the possibility that people are angry not out of any prejudice of this religion or that, but because European security agencies and the bureaucrats they report to seem to be failing to deal with the threat of radical Islamic terrorism.

According to lawmaker George Dallemagne, who sits on several Belgian parliamentary security committees.
    “We have a tragic experience in Belgium, with people entering prison as petty criminals and leaving as terrorists,” he told Reuters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Have you got a link to any mental health issues that he had??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Prison authorities found a Quaran and a prayar mat in his cell.

So...

- Quaran
    - Prayar mat
    - "Radicalised"

Do you think he was a Gideon or a Unitarian..... or a Muslim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Similar thing again this afternoon, not too far away in Netherlands:
    i.e. Known individual, weilding axe at officers, shouting about a skygod etc.

A K9 sent in was injured and later passed away. RIP K9.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that being a 'white Belgian' and Muslim are mutually exclusive? Sounds a bit racist to me.

Think I'll defer to the Reuters version of events: https://www.reuters.com/article/belgium-shooting/belgium-under-scrutiny-over-release-of-radicalised-convict-before-attack-idUSL5N1T06DN
    • He converted to Islam while in detention, a Belgian security source told Reuters, and was under suspicion of radicalisation.
    • A Koran and prayer rug were found during a search of his cell, local media said.
    • A cleaning woman at the school who found herself “nose to face with the killer” told public broadcaster RTBF that he spared her because she was Muslim.
    • Herman had shouted “Allahu Akbar”, the Muslim affirmation of faith, during his attack and he had had contact with Islamist radicals in jail in 2016 and early 2017.
    • He also appeared to have followed online exhortations from Islamic State to stab police officers and use their service weapons to shoot others, prosecutors said.

I would suggest that you consider the possibility that people are angry not out of any prejudice of this religion or that, but because European security agencies and the bureaucrats they report to seem to be failing to deal with the threat of radical Islamic terrorism.

According to lawmaker George Dallemagne, who sits on several Belgian parliamentary security committees.
    “We have a tragic experience in Belgium, with people entering prison as petty criminals and leaving as terrorists,” he told Reuters.

You hit the nail on the head ... Prison can make people more fukced up .. people radicalize to all kind of fringe groups in prison

He did not convert to "Islam" ... He converted to an ISIS poster boy, maybe in another prison he would have walked out with swastikas tattooed on his face

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Similar thing again this afternoon, not too far away in Netherlands:
    i.e. Known individual, weilding axe at officers, shouting about a skygod etc.

A K9 sent in was injured and later passed away. RIP K9.

0887aa66b3d4bbc0b210f4da85a6e920.png

Killed by a 27 year old Syrian pharmacist who was ****ing about with some axes while yelling the all so well known slogan.
    2nd Syrian in a a month that needed to be shot in the leg to avoid worse, in the Netherlands.

Thanks Merkel.

Advertisement