Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liege

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Mutant z wrote: »
    The religion of peace again would it ever just **** off back to the desert and leave European civilisation alone.

That's not how it works.

The "religion of peace" exists to conquer.
    And it's doing quite a good job of it.
    Well it needs to be pushed right back before it manages to succeed in conquering the whole of Europe.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Another wonderful day of Peace in the multi cultural paradise of western Europe.

On a more positive note the Hungarians have voted to criminalise those who help illegal migrants enter the country. It must be nice to live in a country where the politicians actually put the rights of the natives ahead of third world migrants and Muslim terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

wexie wrote: »
    I appreciate you can't just keep people in prison beyond their original sentence just because you don't think he's going to be a good boy...

Yes you can, you just need the societal will to do it. We could end this problem in weeks by interring all Islamist extremists, whether they have committed violence or not. We are just too apathetic and weak to do what is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It must be nice to live in a country where the politicians actually put the rights of the natives ahead of third world migrants and Muslim terrorists.

In Hungary, out of a population of 10 million, only a few thousand are Muslim. Last census was something like every 1 in 2,000 Hungarians are Muslim. They've never had an Islamic related attack. No prizes for guessing what the majority of that population think is one of their most significant issues. Irrational thinking on a national scale. Absolutely goldmine for populists, nationalists and authoritarian autocrats

Nermal wrote: »
    Yes you can, you just need the societal will to do it. We could end this problem in weeks by interring all Islamist extremists, whether they have committed violence or not. We are just too apathetic and weak to do what is necessary.

Do you think we should identify them somehow, perhaps a small crescent on an armband or something. Just so ordinary peaceful members of the public could distinguish them (for our own safety)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    In Hungary, out of a population of 10 million, only a few thousand are Muslim. Last census was something like every 1 in 2,000 Hungarians are Muslim. They've never had an Islamic related attack. No prizes for guessing what the majority of that population think is one of their most significant issues. Irrational thinking on a national scale. Absolutely goldmine for populists, nationalists and authoritarian autocrats

Are you aware of the history between Hungary and islam? I think not.

thebull85 wrote: »
    Are you aware of the history between Hungary and islam? I think not.

Ohhh right, history from hundreds of years ago, go on..

Dreadful post. No islamic related attacks? Nah just a few invasions over the years no harm done eh?

Hungary are well placed for dealing the problem of islam, they've got hundreds and hundreds of years of experience.

But apparently its all populism, nationalism etc..

Ohhh right, history from hundreds of years ago, go on..

You havent a clue what you're talking about stop making a show of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gw80

Im morto for you.

• Advertisement

Dreadful post. No islamic related attacks? Nah just a few invasions over the years no harm done eh?

"Over the years" yeah?

Just curious, how recent a timeframe are we talking here

"Over the years" yeah?

Anyone that had any sort of clue about Hungary would not post that tripe that you spouted a few posts back. Go educate yourself and come back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

"Over the years" yeah?

early 18th century I believe

Scars have only just healed like

Anyone that had any sort of clue about Hungary would not post that tripe that you spouted a few posts back. Go educate yourself and come back to us.

I am sure you can manage to respond without the browbeating and insults

Which portion or period of Hungary's history are you referring to? from mid 1500's to late 1600's?

wexie wrote: »
    early 18th century I believe

Scars have only just healed like

I know I'm just getting over my fear of Nordic people after those recent Viking invasions

Can't trust em

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Another wonderful day of Peace in the multi cultural paradise of western Europe.

On a more positive note the Hungarians have voted to criminalise those who help illegal migrants enter the country. It must be nice to live in a country where the politicians actually put the rights of the natives ahead of third world migrants and Muslim terrorists.

Do you not live here?

http://www.thejournal.ie/aer-lingus-laundering-3598009-Sep2017/

He had been charged earlier with unlawfully facilitating the entry of two non-nationals into the State on 9 January and 22 January last.

I am sure you can manage to respond without the browbeating and insults

Which portion or period of Hungary's history are you referring to? from mid 1500's to late 1600's?

Dont mean to insult, but you would be one of the first to jump on an ill informed post.. Hungary has a long history with islam and yes going back 100s of years. But it is relevant and could go some way to explaining the fear of islam in Hungary. Its not just nationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Dont mean to insult, but you would be one of the first to jump on an ill informed post.. Hungary has a long history with islam and yes going back 100s of years. But it is relevant and could go some way to explaining the fear of islam in Hungary. Its not just nationalism.

And the fear of Roma .... frightened people those Hungarians

I think its safe to say today`s Hungary suffers more from the old Russian influence then Islam ...

• Site Banned Posts: 20 american ninja warrior

In Hungary, out of a population of 10 million, only a few thousand are Muslim. Last census was something like every 1 in 2,000 Hungarians are Muslim. They've never had an Islamic related attack.
    Hungary might just be on to something don't ya think?

Because they vividly remember the Ottoman wars and high taxation from mid-1500's to late 1600's.

What a pressing issue. They earn on average next to nothing for a European country and the corruption is staggering, but hey the hysteria about Muslims is a fantastic distraction

• Advertisement

Hungary might just be on to something don't ya think?

Yeah I have a rock that keeps bears away.. do you see any bears?

Think I'm on to something here

Yeah I have a rock that keeps bears away.. do you see any bears?

Think I'm on to something here

could the number of muslims in a population have any correlation with the number of terrorist attacks, just a idea, anyone have a opinion?

Because they vividly remember the Ottoman wars and high taxation from mid-1500's to late 1600's.

What a pressing issue. They earn on average next to nothing for a European country and the corruption is staggering, but hey the hysteria about Muslims is a fantastic distraction

I believe 650 euro per month is the average salary, but then the cost of living is significantly lower than most other European countries, there are more people living in poverty in Ireland than in Hungary per capita.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Nermal wrote: »

Bit harsh, n'est pas? And plots in Glasnevin ain't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

They earn on average next to nothing for a European country

A society is about more than money.
    Joe prim wrote: »
    Bit harsh, n'est pas? And plots in Glasnevin ain't cheap.

Freudian slip?

I believe 650 euro per month is the average salary, but then the cost of living is significantly lower than most other European countries, there are more people living in poverty in Ireland than in Hungary per capita.

its about 50c for a 500ml beer outsize of tourist traps, gives some perspective on cost of living

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Yet another shooting in Belgium,

2 police dead, 2 bystanders dead!

Will they never learn that Integration Does Not Work???

When they have a mosque on every corner, you know like a pub on every corner, that's when they will learn!

Then it will be too late for the infidel.

Unfortunately, I know what life is like in Hungary. Work 10 years to get a decent position in a government job? make around 700 euros a month. An iphone still costs the same there as it does here. Food isn't that much cheaper. Rent anywhere near Budapest is shocking. They don't have much immigration for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately, I know what life is like in Hungary. Work 10 years to get a decent position in a government job? make around 700 euros a month. An iphone still costs the same there as it does here. Food isn't that much cheaper. Rent anywhere near Budapest is shocking. They don't have much immigration for obvious reasons.

So what are you saying now that you lived there ??

• Advertisement

. Rent anywhere near Budapest is shocking.

no different from Dublin then
    except our social welfare is given out willy nilly to any "refugee" that turns up

Advertisement