Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭brookville

BORO BILL wrote: »
    brookville wrote: »
    So lads whats our thoughts and feelings towards sunday is there many heading up?i know a good few making a weekend out of it.
    I think we'll give a good account of ourselves.I was suprised jason cleere wasnt given a run last sunday as there was talk he was going well.Galway havent done much yet this year but they have 6 very good fowards with size and pace that will cause most teams trouble.If we win sunday people will say we had momentum since the 2nd round of the leauge and if we lose it could be galway were fresher and injuries and fatigue caught up with us but probably better meeting galway now than later in the year either way we'll have a good idea sunday evening where we stand.
    Hopefully wallys injury isnt serious and he was holding him back for sunday

Heard Wally out for a few weeks with quad injury and Ger Aylward damaged his knee in workout against u21s last night. That narrows down forward options.
    I was reading on the independent today hogan could be in line to make the match day squad after coming through the match against the 21s without any setbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

We now have TJ Reid, Walter Walsh , John Donnelly, Ger Alyward, Luke Scanlan, Bill Sheehan, Ritchie leahy, Ritchie Hogan, Ger Fennelly Mossy Keoghan, Liam Blanchfield   and the younger Murphy  13 players vying for 6  starting places. Personally I would start  Reid, Walsh Keoghan Scanlan  Blanchfield Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

We now have TJ Reid, Walter Walsh , John Donnelly, Ger Alyward, Luke Scanlan, Bill Sheehan, Ritchie leahy, Ritchie Hogan, Ger Fennelly Mossy Keoghan, Liam Blanchfield   and the younger Murphy  13 players vying for 6  starting places. Personally I would start  Reid, Walsh Keoghan Scanlan  Blanchfield Donnelly.
    To be fair Ger Fennelly must be well in his 60's now so I'd agree with leaving him on the line as an impact sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

minty81 wrote: »
    To be fair Ger Fennelly must be well in his 60's now so I'd agree with leaving him on the line as an impact sub!

I think he meant to refer to Colin.

Kevin Kelly another guy to come back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Injury reports:
    Enda Morrissey has Glandular fever so he's gone for a month or two at least.
    Wally is unlikely to be ready for the team this weekend. Hopefully this is wrong
    Lester Ryan is like Wally unlikely to make it but perhaps just a slightly better chance than Wally.
    Ger Aylward unlikely to be ready after injury picked up on Monday against the U21's
    Kevin Kelly not ready yet but not too far off
    Conor Fogarty should be ready
    James Maher should be ready hopefully
    Richie Hogan will hopefully be ready for a place on the bench.

I think that will leave us with a team like
    Murphy
    Holden, Walsh, Deegan
    Delaney, Buckley, Murphy
    Fogarty, Maher
    Fennelly, Reid, Keoghan
    Donnelly, Blanchfield, Scanlon

Subs
    Brennan
    J Cleere
    C O'Shea
    R Lennon
    C Browne
    R Leahy
    R Hogan
    B Sheehan
    P Lyng

That leaves us 2 subs short and there are loads you could throw in to those spots.
    Jason Cleere continued to impress in training against the U21's I wouldn't be shocked if he started. I would expect him to be the first defender in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Lads cant make sunday but have an adult and juvenile season ticket if anyone wants to use.pm me and I will give u my number.

Injury reports:
    Wally is unlikely to be ready for the team this weekend. Hopefully this is wrong
    Lester Ryan is like Wally unlikely to make it but perhaps just a slightly better chance than Wally.
    Ger Aylward unlikely to be ready after injury picked up on Monday against the U21's

Murphy
    Holden, Walsh, Deegan
    Delaney, Buckley, Murphy
    Fogarty, Maher
    Fennelly, Reid, Keoghan

Subs
    Brennan
    J Cleere
    C O'Shea
    R Lennon
    C Browne
    R Leahy
    R Hogan
    B Sheehan
    P Lyng

That leaves us 2 subs short and there are loads you could throw in to those spots.
    Jason Cleere continued to impress in training against the U21's I wouldn't be shocked if he started. I would expect him to be the first defender in.

Whats the story with richie reid is he injured?Itd be great to see kevin kelly back soon.joe lyng should be back in training aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Kil v Gal E Murphy E Morrissey P Walsh P Deegan C Delaney C Buckley P Murphy C Fogarty J Maher M Keoghan TJ ReidL Blanchfield J Donnelly W Walsh L Scanlon Subs D Brennan J HoldenC O Shea R Lennon C Browne L Ryan C Fennelly P Lyng R Leahy R Hogan B Sheehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Injury reports:

Murphy
    Holden, Walsh, Deegan
    Delaney, Buckley, Murphy
    Fogarty, Maher
    Fennelly, Reid, Keoghan

Subs
    Brennan
    J Cleere
    C O'Shea
    R Lennon
    C Browne
    R Leahy
    R Hogan
    B Sheehan
    P Lyng

Some load of b****x this post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Comerman

Don't be a nasty git.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Disappointed Leahy is dropped. Hope we're not playing lads who aren't properly fit

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Disappointed Leahy is dropped. Hope we're not playing lads who aren't properly fit

I'm not surprised Morrissey is in ahead of Joey but I am surprised Leahy doesnt start. Wally is ok afaik but from what thebiggertheycome says o hope Morrissey is ok too.
    Maybe cody sees it that bringing in Leahy, fennelly and possibly hogan m8ght make an impact. In fairness after last week Scanlon deserves another pop and blanch although he should have had a few more goals he hurled very well and his 1st touch was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peakedatU12

Strong team - really strong bench (if subs are all fully fit & on form). As tough a test as is out there Sunday. Will be some statement if they can pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

dzer2 wrote: »

Thanks very much.

I'd heard the Enda Morrissey bit from a lad who is usually spot on we can all get things wrong. It's great he's ready
    The rest was not far off, Wally was touch and go and thankfully he made it.
    Lester is on the bench
    Ger Aylward is gone
    Kevin Kelly not ready
    Fogarty ready
    Maher ready
    Hogan on the bench

Murphy
    Morrissey, Walsh, Deegan
    Delaney, Buckley, Murphy
    Fogarty, Maher

Fennelly, Reid, Keoghan
    Not too far off but I'm not Cody so it's never going to be 100%

Infairness your usually spot on with news from the camp and its usually hard to get any info.i was told during the week that wally and maher would be playing but i wouldnt be shocked to hear leahy starting for maher before throw in.Best of luck to the lads we have nice strenght on the bench.I think morrissey is worth a try corner back but some baptism going in on conor whelan.Its maybe a pity we didnt try more corner backs during the league.
    Its a big ask sunday this galway team is together 3 or 4 years but id be hopeful we'll give them a rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

dzer2 wrote: »
    Injury reports:

Murphy
    Holden, Walsh, Deegan
    Delaney, Buckley, Murphy
    Fogarty, Maher
    Fennelly, Reid, Keoghan

Subs
    Brennan
    J Cleere
    C O'Shea
    R Lennon
    C Browne
    R Leahy
    R Hogan
    B Sheehan
    P Lyng

Will you ever fcuk off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pat Treacy

The best of luck to the team management in Salthill I know ye will do us proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭mullinr2

If our full back line can hold their own, then I give us a good chance tomorrow. With hogan and Fennelly to come on, we should give the Galway backs plenty to worry about.
    Still think Galway will win by about 5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Galway couldn't buy a goal last year but are banging them in for fun this year. If we can keep the goals out, we're in with a decent chance. Need to keep it tight at the back especially in the first half.

Big game but good luck to all concerned.

I would expect fennelly and Leahy to be in early enough. It all depends if Walter gets the nod to start. Blanch and Scanlon deserve to start after last week even if blanch should have scored at least two more goals. His open play was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

danganabu wrote: »

I bet with my head not my heart, try it ;) And yes I am a loyal supporter and was there yesterday and was there at the final whistle and will be there again the next time we go down for out inevitable beating. Days like yesterday are hard to stomach but its what make the victories all the sweeter. And I saw enough positives over the league campaign to suggest we are in a stronger position this year than where we were last year.

As an aside I am intrigued by your reasoning for downgrading Tipp to 4th/5th team in Munster, on your own admission (incorrectly but how and ever) they had a depleted team out with only one of their starting forwards and you were fully expectant that KK would win comfortably so on what basis are you reassessing their ranking in Munster and what exactly have any of the other 4 done to overtake them??[/QUOTE]

You were "intrigued" by my downgrading of Tipperary (a few months ago) to not being in the top 3 in Munster and any explanation I offered was rubbished by you. I hope that your intrigue is now satisfied. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Powerhouse wrote: »
    danganabu wrote: »

I bet with my head not my heart, try it ;) And yes I am a loyal supporter and was there yesterday and was there at the final whistle and will be there again the next time we go down for out inevitable beating. Days like yesterday are hard to stomach but its what make the victories all the sweeter. And I saw enough positives over the league campaign to suggest we are in a stronger position this year than where we were last year.

As an aside I am intrigued by your reasoning for downgrading Tipp to 4th/5th team in Munster, on your own admission (incorrectly but how and ever) they had a depleted team out with only one of their starting forwards and you were fully expectant that KK would win comfortably so on what basis are you reassessing their ranking in Munster and what exactly have any of the other 4 done to overtake them??[/QUOTE]

You were "intrigued" by my downgrading of Tipperary (a few months ago) to not being in the top 3 in Munster and any explanation I offered was rubbished by you. I hope that your intrigue is now satisfied. ;)
    Great supporter, on a kk thread during a match to gloat that his own team is ****.

Jaysus our half forward line were cleaned in the 1st half. Backs under serious pressure from long puckouts and galway uning the wide ball. Hopefully we start getting more possession in the 2nd half. Fennelly in in place of Donnelly who was quiet. Scanlon doing well but we need to up intensity

We are poor again lads

We're dreadful from open play

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

As much as we have been poor aiden harte should have been red carded and so should mcinerney. Also why was Walshs goal disallowed. We made Galway look good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Garyp88 wrote: »
    As much as we have been poor aiden harte should have been red carded and so should mcinerney. Also why was Walshs goal disallowed. We made Galway look good

He dropped the hurley on the handpass

I'd put us behind
    1. Galway
    2. Tipp
    3. Limerick
    4. Cork
    5. Clare
    6. Wexford

Just desperate stuff from open play. You can't win matches with frees. Shocking and gutless
    performance.
    1 score from play in second half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Forwards bar Wally were bullied out of it. Very poor all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭kksaints

Reality check there. Forwards were awful from open play only Wally did well enough. Padraig Walsh exposed again at centre back. Wexford match is crucial now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement