Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Alriiight" a voice replies, clearly in pain attempting to make human sounds.

"Weeee will leave you....but....stop...drag..on...men"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"hey, you know this betty?"
    Minor Illusion of Witchy.
    "Thumbs up or down is good. If you do, she a friend or for? Thumbs up for friend. You have a beautiful drone, I don't want you straining it. Also.. can you give me a boost up?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "hey, you know this betty?"
    Minor Illusion of Witchy.
    "Thumbs up or down is good. If you do, she a friend or for? Thumbs up for friend. You have a beautiful drone, I don't want you straining it. Also.. can you give me a boost up?"
    "She is our masters...klghjie"

It seems they cannot pronounce the final word or it's a word in their native tongue.

They make a vague up gesture.

"Can lift...you...up"

Retula stands waiting for her aforementioned boost.
    "Come on, plantman, don't keep a gal waiting!"

Retula stands waiting for her aforementioned boost.
    "Come on, plantman, don't keep a gal waiting!"
    They heft Retula back up into the reach of the vines which grab her and deposit here back in the ruined main room upstairs next to Therai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭Evade

"Find anything interesting down there?"

Witchy enters the building waving and Retula and Therai.

"So what do we know so far?"

"There's a hole and horn horses can talk"

After checked nfvthe other warlock is not with him, Retula approaches the tiefling and whispers
    "ok, there's some seriously grody **** going on right here. These plants growing everywhere, they're tied to some creatures down stairs, and *they* have some connection with that other warlock. We either need to go wail on the dragonborn or... Well we could stay out of it and mop up whoevers left standing?"

"I know it might sound good to you but taking eight guys at once isn't my idea of fun. Let's see how it plays out. Plus..." Therai leans in close and whispers "I've got a line on enough money to retire on"

• Advertisement

"money? What good is money? When you're called, you're called. Ok, well I'm kind of obliged to not get involved, I'll head back to camp to let the witch know what's happening. You do what you want. I think there's more going on here though. I think they're hers too..."

Retula examines the 3rd exit for traps, opens if ok

Retula examines the 3rd exit for traps, opens if ok
    OOC: Is that the stairs or the stable door?

Ooc : The not the stables one.

Retula examines the stairs and sees no obvious traps.

She goes up the stairs

Retula enters a room with bleak stone walls and floors, several barrels and a ring floating in mid air above a table.

Another set of stairs continue up in a helix.

Therai heads back to town and spends another night in Old Audrey while he thinks about what to do next.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai heads back to town and spends another night in Old Audrey while he thinks about what to do next.
    That night, Therai hears a commotion downstairs.

OOC: Therai's bedroom is at the end of a landing overlooking the lower floor of the inn.

He heads out on to the landing "What's all the noise about? I thought this was a quiet place."

He heads out on to the landing "What's all the noise about? I thought this was a quiet place."
    Six mercenaries are disturbing the patrons. Aggressively interrogating some of the bar staff and the odd adventurer at a table or two.

"We're searching for whoever received the scroll from the old man in Illius. He hasn't handed one out in twenty years.

It wouldn't happen to be you would it?"

• Advertisement

"What's eelliush[sic]?"

"What's eelliush[sic]?"
    The mercenary squints. Before another walks up.

"Foreign accent boss, probably born in Zassan or Osinzir, hundreds of miles to the South, I've heard it before. He doesn't know anything, just looking to be a hero or here to see a city with more of his kind"

"That right boy?" the leader says.

OOC: Give me a charisma check, you can say what you wish and may pass on that alone, this is more to check your body language doesn't betray you.

"Just traveling around looking for my place in the world. You wouldn't know of any reliable ships heading back South would you?"

OOC: Charisma check 10

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula enters a room with bleak stone walls and floors, several barrels and a ring floating in mid air above a table.

Another set of stairs continue up in a helix.

She investigates the barrels

"Just traveling around looking for my place in the world. You wouldn't know of any reliable ships heading back South would you?"

OOC: Charisma check 10
    "Alright, yeah there's one once a week at the harbour for a good price, I don't know he day.

Come on boys, our target isn't here"

They leave the inn.

She investigates the barrels
    Refined gunpowder fills each barrel to the brim except one, which contains a green fluid with orange lights dancing within it.

Therai heads back into his room and breathes a long sigh of relief. "That was close." he thinks "Maybe I should wait for the heat on the obelisk to die down a bit and head for the Málëhro tomb first."

Fourier wrote: »
    Refined gunpowder fills each barrel to the brim except one, which contains a green fluid with orange lights dancing within it.

She pokes at the fluid with a crossbow bolt. If it doesn't dissolve or explode etc, she'll take a cautious sniff, then ask Hetyaro to taste it (not a sense she ever expected to want to share but seems appropriate now.)

She pokes at the fluid with a crossbow bolt. If it doesn't dissolve or explode etc, she'll take a cautious sniff, then ask Hetyaro to taste it (not a sense she ever expected to want to share but seems appropriate now.)
    The bolt when removed has a faint orange glow to it, a glow that persists and doesn't seem to fade.

Hetyaro lands on the barrel and makes a worried expression while looking at it, "Do I really have to taste this?" is the emotion Retula senses.

• Advertisement

"Ah, where's your sense of adventure? It's not going to kill you. Even if it kills you. You know that. Tell you what..."

She flings the bolt at the far wall to see if anything interesting happens. If not she gets a bit of powder on the end of a dagger, places it carefully in two small piles. Using the bolt held at arm's length, she gets a drop or two of the liquid on the 2nd pile. If nothing's exploded she'll try lighting first the normal few grains and then the combined grains to see if there's a difference.

Ooc : Is it just me or does it read like the barrels are floating over the table ?

Advertisement