Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I have reached the
    final frontier: the Darker Side of the Moon.
    2 failed attempts to conquer this frontier have been made.
    Frustration and impatience ensued. This impatience led to a break, and the mission will continue soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I spent a lot more time on some of the
    dark side moons(perfect long jump bullet bill, and trying to get past the second segment of the no motorcycle moons) than the darker side moon. The difficulty of darker side was over rated. Most challenging part was the lift with the hedgehogs.

The final frontier has finally been conquered.

What an endgame we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Have over 700 moons :)

503 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Don't think I'll ever collect them all. If i get over 500 I'll be pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Don't think I'll ever collect them all. If i get over 500 I'll be pretty happy.

I don't know where you are in the game, but FYI once you finish the main campaign there are quite many new potential moons made available (in various ways I won't explain not to spoil it).

So if you're like me and your target is to try and get half the moons in each kingdom before moving on to the next one with an idea that it will lead to having 500 when you finish the campaign, you might realise you were actually doing much better than you thought (but that the game is much longer than you expected!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don't know where you are in the game, but FYI once you finish the main campaign there are quite many new potential moons made available (in various ways I won't explain not to spoil it).

So if you're like me and your target is to try and get half the moons in each kingdom before moving on to the next one with an idea that it will lead to having 500 when you finish the campaign, you might realise you were actually doing much better than you thought (but that the game is much longer than you expected!).

I finished the main story and un locked the first of the bonus levels after i reached 250 moons. Currently on about 300 moons or so.
    Finished the campaign with about 170 moons.
    As soon as i had collected enough to move on to the next world i generally did just that.
    If i get to 500 I'll be surprised. It's fun to dip in to this game every so often though so who knows what I'll finish up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,984 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally finished the main story tonight

What a bloody brilliant game. I especially loved how it plays homage to it's roots. Those were some of my favour parts of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Finally finished it (Got it on release last Sep or Oct)

Finished with about 420 moons but I'm realizing now there's an insane amount of post game content.

The mushroom kingdom looks huge and there's also the dark side of the moon. (and probbaly loads of other areas)

I had a bash off two "boss plus" paintings in Mushroom kingdom (love the 64 homage) and got pwned badly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

What the hell is up with being able to buy as many moons as you want post game?

So that mean any plonker can get 1000 moons?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's the craic with the moons you buy in the shop?

You seem to be able to buy loads, do they replace ones you have to collect? Like buying them instead of finding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's 880 moons to collect in world by playing. To get to the maximum 999 moons (for completionist sake) you only need to buy the remaining 119 moons, but you can buy more than that if you're having difficulty unlocking moons by playing. Buying more than 119 doesn't make any of the 880 unattainable, so you can still find them if you overbuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

I've gotten all the moons other than darker side and some of the minigame ones. I'd kind of like to 100% the game, but I don't find the harder jump rope etc very fun to do and it feels stupid not having fun just to get a number up. I'll probably keep tapping away at the darker side and then put it down after that.

I've bought most of the shop moons and currently I have at least 605 moons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A couple of Tweets showing and explaining how music was composed for Super Mario Odyssey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A tin whistle for an exotic sound, it's Irish trad!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

262321-ss_smb3_04.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NEW Costume in Super Mario Odyssey! Topper the Broodal Hat & Suit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibLKHYxsVzY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

About to pick up the Switch and SMO in Argos. Does anyone know if the game has download code or a cartridge? Really don't want to waste money on a code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

About to pick up the Switch and SMO in Argos. Does anyone know if the game has download code or a cartridge? Really don't want to waste money on a code.

If you're buying the SMO Red Switch bundle it unfortunately comes with a code and not a cart.

Unless Argos made up their own bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Nah I'm buying both separately (tho SMO is €35*instead of €50). So it should be a cartridge? Sound.

How did people on this thread find the darker side of the moon? I must have maid 10 attempts and while there is some progress the combination a many sections for each of which you can easily screw up but with limited number of power hearts between those sections makes it quite hard from me.

How did people on this thread find the darker side of the moon? I must have maid 10 attempts and while there is some progress the combination a many sequences for each of which you can easily screw up but with limited number of power hearts between those sections makes it quite hard from me.
    Yeah, that was really tough. Without perseverance and my sheer determination*, I never would have made it through.

* Assist Mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

How did people on this thread find the darker side of the moon? I must have maid 10 attempts and while there is some progress the combination a many sequences for each of which you can easily screw up but with limited number of power hearts between those sections makes it quite hard from me.

https://twitter.com/iamtonyfarrell/status/955920951622877184?s=19

That's a section of me playing it. It's hard but doable. 10 tries is nothing. Maybe 100 is more realistic. My favourite level in the game by far. Very satisfying completing it. Keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Yeah, that was really tough. Without perseverance and my sheer determination*, I never would have made it through.

* Assist Mode

#neveruseassist

iamtony wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/iamtonyfarrell/status/955920951622877184?s=19

That's a section of me playing it. It's hard but doable. 10 tries is nothing. Maybe 100 is more realistic. My favourite level in the game by far. Very satisfying completing it. Keep at it!

Yeah it seems like it’s a matter of practising each part until you know it well and have figured out how to react to each obstacle. What makes it hard is that you have to start all over again any time you screw up which makes progress very slow and requires full focus at all times! (I have more or less mastered the parts in the video as well as the next 2, but i need to focus not to screw them up).

But yeah it is a cool challenging plateforming level!

* Assist Mode

Ahhh I don’t even know what assist mode does and don’t want to find out*!

* unless maybe I’m still still on that level after a few more hours trying to complete it :-)

How did people on this thread find the darker side of the moon? I must have maid 10 attempts and while there is some progress the combination a many sections for each of which you can easily screw up but with limited number of power hearts between those sections makes it quite hard from me.

The lack of checkpoints made it a tad more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The amazing thing about it is though is that once you beat it you know you can beat it again, and again, and again. It almost starts to seem easy. :)

On that note, there is a very poignant moment I thought anyway, from a character in the game, when you do you beat it. :)

Advertisement