Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Amazon will have a Lightning deal on the Switch + Super Mario Odyssey at 3pm fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is there a way to view overall stats in Mario Odyssey? Currently, I press the (-) button in each level to see how many moons I’ve collected but is there a way to see my overall total?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is there a way to view overall stats in Mario Odyssey? Currently, I press the (-) button in each level to see how many moons I’ve collected but is there a way to see my overall total?
    Like how many moons you have collected in total in the entire game? Just look at the Odyssey's sail that's how many you've collected (minus the ones you have "in hand").

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

100 jump rope challenge was insanity. Glad It's Out Of The Way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ugh, the 100 volleyball bounces were nearly as bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

'Long Journey's End' is some exhilarating level, often tough but never unfair. Was stuck on the lava capturing part for longer than I should have until I started reading the pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have hardly been back since I completed it (with a very small number of moons). Think I need to watch some speedruns or something to give me the bug to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ugh, the 100 volleyball bounces were nearly as bad!

Easy trick for this. Change to two player mode, and control cappy. He moves much faster and turns quicker than Mario. Makes this challenge a piece of cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

keane2097 wrote: »
    I have hardly been back since I completed it (with a very small number of moons). Think I need to watch some speedruns or something to give me the bug to play it again.

Love the concept of minimum cap captures moons. In reality some moons are just way too difficult this way. Still, found it intriguing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Turtwig wrote: »
    Love the concept of minimum cap captures moons. In reality some moons are just way too difficult this way. Still, found it intriguing to watch.

WOW! I have been practising the dive onto cappy move the past few days as I want to use it in a certain race! I am finding it super hard to execute time after time though, I can get it now and again!! I do a triple jump then at the top of the third jump press and hold Y to get cappy to stay in one position. I then press Z which would normally ground pound but he dives towards cappy and then at the same time I quickly let go of Y and then press it again. Mario most of the time does the dive but does not bounce on cappy so I can throw him again for the second time and then dive onto him. What am I doing wrong? I would LOVE to master this and be able to do it as needed! I've looked at a few videos but have found none that explain it really well :-(

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just about practise I think really. I'm in the same boat as you, can get them sometimes but not consistently.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just about practise I think really. I'm in the same boat as you, can get them sometimes but not consistently.

If I could find somewhere that shows the exact shows button presses, or even better see them in action (I'm a visual learner) I would probably get the knack of it sooner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After 500+ Moons and failing drastically at what that gets you, I think I'll leve it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

madmoe wrote: »
    WOW! I have been practising the dive onto cappy move the past few days as I want to use it in a certain race! I am finding it super hard to execute time after time though, I can get it now and again!! I do a triple jump then at the top of the third jump press and hold Y to get cappy to stay in one position. I then press Z which would normally ground pound but he dives towards cappy and then at the same time I quickly let go of Y and then press it again. Mario most of the time does the dive but does not bounce on cappy so I can throw him again for the second time and then dive onto him. What am I doing wrong? I would LOVE to master this and be able to do it as needed! I've looked at a few videos but have found none that explain it really well :-(

Thanks
    the trick is to hold the y button and hold it then release and press it quickly, you should be able to get it 9 times out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

iamtony wrote: »
    the trick is to hold the y button and hold it then release and press it quickly, you should be able to get it 9 times out of 10.

Use X to dive instead of Y...
    Makes the move much easier, though I still only get the sequence right some of the time...

Star Lord wrote: »
    Makes the move much easier, though I still only get the sequence right some of the time...

I'll give that a go! I got 500 moons last night and got to that place.....holy COW!! I can't even begin to figure out how to even get past the first tiny bit of it!! :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah I got to the
    Gliding lizard thing but I could never get the hang of him

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I got to the
    Gliding lizard thing but I could never get the hang of him

He's definitely not the easiest to maneuver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think the trick to using the Glydon (gliding lizard) is that rarely will you need to use up or down, you might need to slow yourself down alright sometimes but almost never to speed up. On 'that' level, which I presume is
    Long Journeys End, is to never press up or down with the Glydon,
    just hold B and press left or right when needed to hit each tornado and you'll get across quick

Got back into this last night for a few hours. Hovered up as many moons as I could find in the hat place and the t-rex place (still missing a good few) and onto the desert place now.

Need to get about 30 more moons for.... something.... to happen, looking forward to seeing what that might be.

Probably enjoyed last night's session to any other session so far, which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

wheres the cheapest to buy this I see there are deals in argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7307160/Trail/searchtext%3EMARIO+.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

safetyboy wrote: »
    wheres the cheapest to buy this I see there are deals in argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7307160/Trail/searchtext%3EMARIO+.htm

If you're happy enough with a digital copy then you can get it off the South African Switch eShop for €41

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

not to pushed on digital copies tbh, too old for that :) Ive no SD card in my switch either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

If you're happy enough with a digital copy then you can get it off the South African Switch eShop for €41

Is there any disadvantage in buying from another eShop? For example if you switch back to your home eShop after buying from South Africa can the games be seamlessly re-downloaded without having to change the country back to South Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There isn't, to my knowledge, any issue. I've had 2 different accounts on the same system downloading games from the US and Russia at the same time. I felt just like Jared Kushner but my wife refused to put the Ivanka wig on again, so the moment was ruined.

Safe word is "Complicit"!

Worth noting, your credit card / Paypal bill lists a Nintendo of Europe charge when you pay on the South African or Russian site. Can't find a state-side store that'll take my credit card.

Also worth noting - Region hopping could be seen as a violation of the Nintendo terms of service.
    And if at any point they decide they don't want our money any more, they could get tough....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Banjo wrote: »

Also worth noting - Region hopping could be seen as a violation of the Nintendo terms of service.
    And if at any point they decide they don't want our money any more, they could get tough....

Thanks, and yes if would be fair enough if the prevented doing it in the future.

What would be more annoying is if they didn't let you upload or re-download games bought from another country than your current one.

For exemple on the Apple App Store, if you had purchased many apps from the UK store and subsequently change your account to the Irish store, you won't be able to update or re-download the apps you had purchased from the UK (even though it is the same account and you have paid for them). They will only become available again if you switch your account back to the UK but then anything you might have purchased from the Irish store will disappear.

So basically buying apps from different countries is completely impractical.

https://twitter.com/iamtonyfarrell/status/938486007288102913
    Here mé doin it like a pro. Linked to a dormant twitter account, I hope my real life friends don't see it and think I'm a nerd:-)
    And way it's very easy to execute once you get the hang of it and I still say holding y then pull the trigger them rapidly release and repress is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

iamtony wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/iamtonyfarrell/status/938486007288102913
    Linked to a dormant twitter account, I hope my real life friends don't see it and think I'm a nerd:-)

LOL if they only knew mwahaha.

• Advertisement

So how many of ye went to the bother of extinguishing torches/lights (like on Hat world) expecting to get a moon? Don't think any world gives a moon for doing it, or am I misremembering?

Advertisement