Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I thought that myself initially, but if you zoom in on that photo of the phibsborough one you can see a scratch or mark going down from one of the Os in Good, thats not on the one i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I thought that myself initially, but if you zoom in on that photo of the phibsborough one you can see a scratch or mark going down from one of the Os in Good, thats not on the one i have.

I'd say they've had many a sign on that wall;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Did Bríd Smith get the vote off any of ye? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Did Bríd Smith get the vote off any of ye? :P

No she didn't :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Tempest tee is finally in Pennies and is mine!
    Now, wear it or frame it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Tempest tee is finally in Pennies and is mine!
    Now, wear it or frame it?
    Fecker I wanted to get you that. No sign here yet of anything just shorts :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fecker I wanted to get you that. No sign here yet of anything just shorts :(

Ha!
    Saw it and had to have it, Tempest being the best game of all time!

Picked up Kessen for 50c, might as well
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Picked up Micro Machines for the megadrive. Still an awesome game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked this up today, €60 in the Rage. Not a bad price, no hope of getting one for less than €75 on eBay so can't complain :)

UdP9aFA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Picked this up today, €60 in the Rage. Not a bad price, no hope of getting one for less than €75 on eBay so can't complain :)

UdP9aFA.jpg

31395232_10216499808830530_7026863437409943552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=05d3fc9303e8c7b044867b9f6b31cde7&oe=5B597C4F

Snap!

Though the same myself when I saw it in there for €60. Not a bad price considering how much it sells for these days.

Also: other stuff in the picture.

I'm planning to make the DC Arcade Stick a standalone plug and play arcade machine like a Pandora's box but with a Raspberry Pi.

I'm going to keep as much of the internals as intact as possible... possibly with the ability to switch between "Dreamcast" mode and "Arcade" mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Whip out the stick and buttons while you're in there. :)

Both DC sticks I've had over the years were modded with Seimitsu parts. Not by me, but I don't think it's a difficult mod at all.

They seemed pretty flood to me tbh.

My health hadn't been great this past weekend so just about to sort out the CRT and hook the DC back up to it for some SFIII action.

I'll see how she fares after that. :P

So the boxed arcade still sold for €111, plus shipping of €18. Feck that! I love the minimalist style of the Dreamcast boxes but also have limited room and it's not worth double the price :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up an Acorn A3010 complete with monitor and mouse off adverts for a great price. Cost a little bit more that the price of a mouse for one of these usually goes for. The monitor is an Acorn branded Phillips CM8833 variant, similar to the Commodore 1084 so nice to have another CRT !!

It looks pretty rough at the moment but hoping to restore it over the next few months now that I've a lab/lair almost setup again :)

Is that a bit like the Archimedes?
    I only know that because the hospital I trained in bought one to replace their BBC-B computer, and also Zarch/Virus is on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is that a bit like the Archimedes?
    I only know that because the hospital I trained in bought one to replace their BBC-B computer, and also Zarch/Virus is on it!

Yep is an Archimedes alright, already have one but never really used it much because I was missing the mouse.

Yep is an Archimedes alright, already have one but never really used it much because I was missing the mouse.

Found one!

tenor.gif?itemid=4882771

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Picked up a few Xbox games, slowly rebuilding a collection after I sold it off a few years ago to make space for the little one.

Outrun 2, Crimson Skies, Chronicles of Riddick and Knights of the Old Republic. Never played KoToR before, so looking forward to putting that on the to-do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Wikidy wrote: »
    Picked up a few Xbox games, slowly rebuilding a collection after I sold it off a few years ago to make space for the little one.

Outrun 2, Crimson Skies, Chronicles of Riddick and Knights of the Old Republic. Never played KoToR before, so looking forward to putting that on the to-do list.

Think the xbox version is still one of the better versions out there. The PC port has a lot of issues.

For the sequel you need to go with the current PC version though as it adds in a lot of the cut content... like.. eh... the ending.

• Advertisement

Wikidy wrote: »

Outrun 2 is a great game. Had Coast2Coast on PSP and have Outrun Arcade on 360. Of course none of them are the same as playing OutRun 2 SP in arcades with the 4 Ferrari cars that move :)

Two new tees from Society6
    31823196_2091626994389269_6087536562013208576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=cc5a8af08fd1969cc29d86f3fcfb5e32&oe=5B50479D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Just as an aside saw a shop on Etsy recently and the scope is pretty mad. Lots of obscure and/or arcade art on there. https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/NerdFuel/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Some good stuff in there.

As someone who has had artwork pulled from sites before for copyright just because of resemblance to copyrighted material, how the **** can they get away with that.

I'll have to get a couple of shirts though. That MK3 character roster one is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I know it's getting ridiculous but... another donation :o

31956630_10156380907568276_708236507927805952_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE1XRtHlpIKN8QlgWHYFNMFJ6pk60U2eMFCuksLHJaUdaokCv68LnmM1-RHiKCNInZHuTo85aXkcd8QX3s6FKmeGZ8G4NeJoSSUhn8kghSjQw&oh=adaa4d79f320f85e82e8fd3311fe5e43&oe=5B92FDED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Couple of new NES games.

Dragonball is the first PAL B (FAH) game I've gotten so far where the text in the game hasn't been in English, French in this case.

IMAG1497.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a lot of strange French and Italian releases of anime games. Anime was imported and shown a lot in those countries and France has a big Comic market which extended into Manga. It's why you get stuff like the Sailor Moon RPG only released in French and Italian Saint Seiya games.

The only one I really got to play was that amazing Little Nemo game via MAME.
    Incredible movie and impressive game, not sure how the NES and SNES ports were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

BGOllie wrote: »

That joystick next to the zip stick looks like it has a powerplay cruiser base with some kind of hybrid handle. That's a great haul, I'm just waiting for a few donations like that for myself (it'll never happen!)

My latest addition is a pretty average version of a good game, but another to my square box Infogrames collection.

10z77dt.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

BGOllie wrote: »

31956630_10156380907568276_708236507927805952_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE1XRtHlpIKN8QlgWHYFNMFJ6pk60U2eMFCuksLHJaUdaokCv68LnmM1-RHiKCNInZHuTo85aXkcd8QX3s6FKmeGZ8G4NeJoSSUhn8kghSjQw&oh=adaa4d79f320f85e82e8fd3311fe5e43&oe=5B92FDED
    Yeah. So ridiculous.

Too ridiculous infact.

Too much ridiculous for you to handle.

Don't worry you can keep it in mine if you want :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement