Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash smirks. A land sub could be useful. He could always just wish for one, but that kind of seems like cheating.

Visiting the dwarven mines... that sounds like a challenge.

He makes for the temple himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai drinks it before the Dwarf finishes his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Therai's head swoons, but compared to the hellfire in his blood this is nothing, a light throat warmer, even the dwarves are impressed.

"Lad, ye've the scrot of a dwarf. Here's the deal. A bit aways from here there's a noble fella, he rounds travellers up and sells them as slaves. He's more effective at it than almost anyone else in the slaving business, thanks to some creature he's got in his possession. We've a mind to deal with him ourselves.

Get into his stronghold by getting captured and then ripping it apart from the inside out."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash smirks. A land sub could be useful. He could always just wish for one, but that kind of seems like cheating.

Visiting the dwarven mines... that sounds like a challenge.

He makes for the temple himself.
    Several dwarves approach him.

One kneels.

"Ye would do me an honour were ye to allow me to bed a golden dragon, as the great BandyLegs himself did."

Fourier wrote: »
    Therai's head swoons, but compared to the hellfire in his blood this is nothing, a light throat warmer, even the dwarves are impressed.

"Lad, ye've the scrot of a dwarf. Here's the deal. A bit aways from here there's a noble fella, he rounds travellers up and sells them as slaves. He's more effective at it than almost anyone else in the slaving business, thanks to some creature he's got in his possession. We've a mind to deal with him ourselves.

Get into his stronghold by getting captured and then ripping it apart from the inside out."
    "Shounds like ahhh god ideeea"

OOC: Sounds like a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"hmmmm.... Drinking, fighting, singing... These dwarves look to be on the level. It's your rodeo, Rhiggs - what now?"

Evade wrote: »

"Lad, ye sound great, almost dwarven in yer lack of forethought.

Now, on more serious matters, I hear the Tieflings are vigorous fiery folk. As an adherent of BandyLegs i see beauty in all folk, so perhaps..."

A loud gong interrupts him.

"Aye, more pilgrims to the temple. Ale lads, fast!!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Several dwarves approach him.

One kneels.

"Ye would do me an honour were ye to allow me to bed a golden dragon, as the great BandyLegs himself did."

Vrakrash looks at the dwarves.

'You say this fella bedded a dragon? Colour me surprised.'

He looks at the one kneeling.

'Be ye male or female? I never can tell with your kind insisting on beards for both. If male, scurry on before I show you to how to really swing an axe.

If female... perhaps. We can talk, at least.'

'Be ye male or female? I never can tell with your kind insisting on beards for both. If male, scurry on before I introduce you to how to really swing an axe.

If female... perhaps. We can talk, at least.'
    "Does not the element of mystery entice ye?" the dwarf says suggestively raising his eyebrows. Sensing Varkrash is not the most receptive target, he stands.

"Would ye at least lend yer strength to our next adventure? A slaver to the North of here...."

He tells BandyLegs of the plan to raid the slavers fortress as told to Therai.

"Does not the element of mystery entice ye?" the dwarf says suggestively raising his eyebrows. Sensing Varkrash is not the most receptive target, he stands.

"Would ye at least lend yer strength to our next adventure? A slaver to the North of here...."

He tells BandyLegs of the plan to raid the slavers fortress as told to Therai.

Vrakrash nods.

'I presume any coin I plunder from this scumbag is my own? I find myself honour bound to help you... my own family was killed by slavers and their leader on a whim. He still hunts me to this day... after I scorched his face.'

Vrakrash clenches his fist.

'Lead on. Let us go now and I will strike this bastard down myself.'

• Advertisement

Seeing others of the party enter, Retula stealths up to the temple, using the Raven as an eye in the sky to keep her out of sight-lines, and looks for a convenient way to steal inside.

OOC: Last post for tonight
    Banjo wrote: »
    Seeing others of the party enter, Retula stealths up to the temple, using the Raven as an eye in the sky to keep her out of sight-lines, and looks for a convenient way to steal inside.
    Retula manages to get into the temple through small side passage into a room where a small icon to BandyLegs sits in a simple alcove. Through the slightly open door, she can see it leads into the rest of the temple, near the stairs to the second floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags sleeps contentedly, belly full as the soothing desert breeze just barely carries the murmur of the guards nattering conversation to his ears.
    In the light of dawn he, after a breakfast, orders the caravan packed up and follows along the path taken by the impatient adventurers, using daylight to see afar across the dunes.

OOC: Spells for the day:
    Bane
    Hideous Laughter
    Thunderwave

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OOC: Last post for tonight

Retula manages to get into the temple through small side passage into a room where a small icon to BandyLegs sits in a simple alcove. Through the slightly open door, she can see it leads into the rest of the temple, near the stairs to the second floor.

With Hetyaro watching the door, Retula creeps over to the alcove to examine the icon.

Banjo wrote: »
    With Hetyaro watching the door, Retula creeps over to the alcove to examine the icon.
    The icon displays fine craftsmanship. It shows BandyLegs in his role as avenger, his face a skull. In one hand he holds a dragon's head, in the other the helm of a suit of armour with spikes rising from the scalp.

Hetyaro speaks.

"Nobody present Retula"

The voice is tripled in its throat, each one of a different pitch.

Evade wrote: »

"Perfect laddie!! We head out around noon tomorrow and get caught. We know and Oasis they frequently raid.

See you then!"

The dwarves head for more beer.

Therai, more than little drunk by now, finds a bed somewhere and passes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The icon displays fine craftsmanship. It shows BandyLegs in his role as avenger, his face a skull. In one hand he holds a dragon's head, in the other the helm of a suit of armour with spikes rising from the scalp.

Hetyaro speaks.

"Nobody present Retula"

The voice is tripled in its throat, each one of a different pitch.

That’s a wierd sound
    Lets scout into the temple

Rhiggy, having followed Retula into the alcove, opens up the door into the temple corridor and sees that Hetyaro is right, nobody is in the corridors here.

'Lead on. Let us go now and I will strike this bastard down myself.'
    "Not now, at noon upon the morrow. We will lie in wait at an Oasis and get captured. Easiest way past his defenses."

• Advertisement

"Not now, at noon upon the morrow. We will lie in wait at an Oasis and get captured. Easiest way past his defenses."

'Here's another plan. How about I tie you folks up at the Oasis. Say I want to join the slavers. Then, when we're inside, and the rest are asleep, I can let you folks out, and we rip them to pieces from inside.'

'Here's another plan. How about I tie you folks up at the Oasis. Say I want to join the slavers. Then, when we're inside, and the rest are asleep, I can let you folks out, and we rip them to pieces from inside.'
    The dwarves take one look at each other before cheering.

"Aye, now that's a plan with chest hair on it, I'll tell Thominz immediately"

He runs off to the leader dwarf.

A shortwhile latter he comes out.

"Aye lad, let's do it, immediate action, should have expected it from the spawn of a dragon. Ye had a friend that wanted ta join us, he's asleep inside right now, sure we'll take him as is, no harm, he'll wake up with the rest of us"

A few dwarves go and fetch Therai over their shoulders.

"Right lads get the camels, any other friends o' yours want to come?"

Vrakrash looks around for any of his party in the vicinity.

Searching around, he spots Rhiggy and Retula in the alcove.

Vrakrash bounds over to Rhiggy and Retula.

'Any of you folks interested in a quest? Gonna tie up those dwarves over there, sign up to join some slavers. Then let them out and kill them all from within. Could do with your help.'

Searching around, he spots Rhiggy and Retula in the alcove.

Ook ****e my hidingbin the dark abilities are vastly overrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: mine are working flawlessly ;)

sKeith wrote: »
    OOC: mine are working flawlessly ;)
    Ook
    Handy

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Well, if you wanna join, we're headed for the Oasis. A dwarf will point you in the right direction.'

He leaves the temple via the main door, looking for Sarric.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hi goldie, what'd u find inside?"

Advertisement