Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    It's the Dwarven God of Retribution, Seduction and Conversation, BandyLegs MacGillicuddy.

The acolytes of the faith must usually bed members of other species and right several wrongs throughout the land, as well as be capable of composing speeches in their own honour afterward.

They sound awful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

If theres food out Therai will prepare his usual comically large plate and begin eating like a duck

OOC: Reference

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Therai heads in because there's food.
    The dwarves pat Therai on the back and arse as he heads in.

"Aye lad fill yerself up. At the temple o' BandyLegs there's no rest for da wicked" the head priest says.

He turns.

"Right lads and lasses, ye still have to mayt yer weekly beddin' quota, so seduce a lass or lad as fast as possible and then we're off to capture that awful noble fella. Join me in the holy werds..."

They recount BandyLegs fantastic defeat of Arch-Necromancer known as the Judge, aided by his trusty hounds, Goodie the blind and Ukbird the dim.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash walks up to the submarine and converses with the dwarves.

'So, what brings you to this spot? Where you folks headed? That submarine looks very handy, I must say.'

OOC: Can Therai tell the men and women apart? Do dwarf women have beards in this universe?

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash walks up to the submarine and converses with the dwarves.

'So, what brings you to this spot? Where you folks headed? That submarine looks very handy, I must say.'
    A dwarf opens up a hatch and speaks to Varkrash.

"To the temple of course, for help with our city and also to help us with getting lads."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    They sound awful

"Aye lad fill yerself up. At the temple o' BandyLegs there's no rest for da wicked" the head priest says.

He turns.

"Right lads and lasses, ye still have to mayt yer weekly beddin' quota, so seduce a lass or lad as fast as possible and then we're off to capture that awful noble fella. Join me in the holy werds..."

They recount BandyLegs fantastic defeat of Arch-Necromancer known as the Judge, aided by his trusty hounds, Goodie the blind and Ukbird the dim.
    They are notvgrowingbonnme

OOC: Can Therai tell the men and women apart? Do dwarf women have beards in this universe?
    OOC: No to the first and Yes to the second, since the game started with in 1E. As a bit of background, in 1E canon was female dwarves were bearded. Gygax was very insistent on this as seen in Dragon magazine #38 (1980)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula knows this is the spot of BandyLegs apotheosis two centuries ago. Dwarves of his faith are typically an extroverted lot and good natured.

"Apotheosis! The ultimate death Dodge! Hetyaro, get the boss on the line - she have a ticket open for this naked perv?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

A dwarf opens up a hatch and speaks to Varkrash.

"To the temple of course, for help with our city and also to help us with getting lads."

Vrakrash perks up at the sound of a city.

'City you say? Always wanted to go to a dwarven city.'

He cocks his thumb in the direction of the temple.

'That your God's place? Might go with you. Have a few travelling comrades.

Watch out for the drow... he's a nice chap, but an angry fella.'

• Advertisement

OOC: Stopping there.

Therai continues eating like a duck and drinking whatever's offered pretty oblivious, so far, to the true nature of the attention he's getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags watches the others head out into the desert at night.
    "Idiots."
    Needing sleep to recharge his magics he sets the hirelings to watch the camp while he heads to his bedroll.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Vrakrash perks up at the sound of a city.

'City you say? Always wanted to go to a dwarven city.'

He cocks his thumb in the direction of the temple.

'That your God's place? Might go with you. Have a few travelling comrades.

Watch out for the drow... he's a nice chap, but an angry fella.'
    "Aye a city, one of the new ones. She's small enough, but we've recently hit an issue with our youth. Hopefully Bandylegs, glory to his beard, can help us in this hour of need."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He turns.

"Have you heard tell of a tundra like place to the North, have you any stories of a fellow said to live there?"

Fourier wrote:
    "Aye a city, one of the new ones. She's small enough, but we've recently hit an issue with our youth. Hopefully Bandylegs, glory to his beard, can help us in this hour of need."

Vrakrash looks at the dwarf.

'Tell me more, perhaps I can help. Of course I'll require compensation...'

He looks briefly at the land submarine.

'One of these would suffice if I am successful.
    Also... you sell gems in your little town? I have a rather large one to sell that you might be interested in.'

sKeith wrote: »
    "Have you heard tell of a tundra like place to the North, have you any stories of a fellow said to live there?"
    The leader turns.

"You refer to the The Sword that Smites the World. Aye, they say he journeyed to the world within the world far to the North. He shattered the kingdom of the Clockwork Titan and his Jade Demons. Just Nerosian propoganda lad"

OOC: Evade, Neros is the set of islands in the Southwest of the map. They're an Iron Islands from Game of Thrones sort of place. Though with some Japanese influence.

OOC: Evade, Neros is the set of islands in the Southwest of the map. They're an Iron Islands from Game of Thrones sort of place. Though with some Japanese influence.
    OOC: I think I know where the character I make after Therai eventually dies is going to be from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC : Not clear from the UA article - given I can see through the Raven's eyes and the Raven grants a Darkvision bonus if you don't already have it, can he see in the dark and does he benefit from my Devil's Sight? Basically, if I send him out to scout, is he going to crash blindly into the side of the pyramid?

If appropriate, Hetyaro is sent on a flyby to scout out the temple and look for a convenient window to eavesdrop through.

• Advertisement

THerai, slightly drunk now, asks the gathered Dwarves "Sho dyu guysh dyu thish ebery night or ish thish shome kind of fleshtival?"

OOC: So do you guys do this every night or is it some kind of festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The leader turns.

"You refer to the The Sword that Smites the World. Aye, they say he journeyed to the world within the world far to the North. He shattered the kingdom of the Clockwork Titan and his Jade Demons. Just Nerosian propoganda lad"

OOC: I was asking about the rogue vamp, who has made his place into a tundra, just north of here, i thought they may have heard tell. The reply seemed a bit weird, which is why i wrote this ooc.

OOC: Ah, I thought you meant the tundra to the far North.
    They don't know of the frozen valley in any case

THerai, slightly drunk now, asks the gathered Dwarves "Sho dyu guysh dyu thish ebery night or ish thish shome kind of fleshtival?"

OOC: So do you guys do this every night or is it some kind of festival
    "Every night, all night. It's a strain on the new initiates, but if ya become a high priest like meself, then ya keep going for hours and hours and hours."

Vrakrash looks at the dwarf.

'Tell me more, perhaps I can help. Of course I'll require compensation...'

He looks briefly at the land submarine.

'One of these would suffice if I am successful.
    Also... you sell gems in your little town? I have a rather large one to sell that you might be interested in.'
    "The young in our city have gone treasure mad. Something is affecting them, it's not natural at all. As fer compensation, aye ye'll have it, sizeable enough, though I doubt ye have the stones boy. We'll trade the gem if ye wish."

Banjo wrote: »
    If appropriate, Hetyaro is sent on a flyby to scout out the temple and look for a convenient window to eavesdrop through.
    Hetyaro flies to a window ledge on the temple's second floor. Looking in a few dwarves seem to be simply having a rowdy conversation, with another two fighting and three singing.

"Every night, all night. It's a strain on the new initiates, but if ya become a high priest like meself, then ya keep going for hours and hours and hours."
    "Drinkiiin aall niiight?? Shine me uup"

OOC:Drinking all night? Sign me up.

"The young in our city have gone treasure mad. Something is affecting them, it's not natural at all. As fer compensation, aye ye'll have it, sizeable enough, though I doubt ye have the stones boy. We'll trade the gem if ye wish."

Vrakrash snorts.

'Don't you see what I am dwarf? I will solve your problem, and as payment I will take one of these submarines, modified for my size and to accomodate my party.

Point me to the problem, I will resolve it, or my name is not Vrakrash, Child of the Noble Blood.'

Vrakrash snorts.

'Don't you see what I am dwarf? I will solve your problem, and as payment I will take one of these submarines, modified for my size and to accomodate my party.

Point me to the problem, I will resolve it, or my name is not Vrakrash, Child of the Noble Blood.'
    "Fine then, you may leave with us in the morning man-dragon. Be prepared though, I'd advise it. Our mines can be treacherous and when we are driven by the gold lust doubly so.

To pray boys" he shouts into the submarine.

They close up the hatch and continue to the temple.

• Advertisement

"Drinkiiin aall niiight?? Shine me uup"

OOC:Drinking all night? Sign me up.
    The dwarves take Therai literally.

"Aye lad, there you go signed up. First test of the day...."

He slams a dwarven drink down in front of Therai. Dwarves have strange bodies, for the drink smells more of some sort of bleach than alcohol.

"Could kill a human this drink, but ye're kind may be able to handle it.

Down it and ye'll prove yerself to us, maybe that we'll take you on our quest."

Advertisement