Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash shrugs.

'Well, if you wanna join, we're headed for the Oasis. A dwarf will point you in the right direction.'

He leaves the temple via the main door, looking for Sarric.

I follow the fighter

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    Hi goldie, what'd u find inside?"

'Nothin' really. I'm off to this Oasis the dwarves are all hett up about. They wanna stop some slaver from imprisoning their kind. Gonna tie em up and pretend to join them, then let them out from the inside. Wanna come with?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

'Nothin' really. I'm off to this Oasis the dwarves are all hett up about. They wanna stop some slaver from imprisoning their kind. Gonna tie em up and pretend to join them, then let them out from the inside. Wanna come with?'

"That sounds like a noble quest, count me in."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash smiles.

'That it is, Sarric. A one close to my heart too. Let us join the dwarves.'

He takes off in the direction of the meeting point with the dwarven party and a sleeping Therai.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    Ook ****e my hidingbin the dark abilities are vastly overrated
    OOC: My reading of the situation is that Varkrash knew where Sarric was, so he would only have been looking for you two and would easily spot you if he checked the alcove at the side of the temple.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash smiles.

'That it is, Sarric. A one close to my heart too. Let us join the dwarves.'

He takes off in the direction of the meeting point with the dwarven party and a sleeping Therai.
    "Alright lads, up on the spare camels."

He gestures to a set of two camels, one with Therai tied to its rump.

Vrakrash climbs aboard the camel with Therai tied to it.

'How far is this place anyways?'

"Eighteen hours North lad, get some rest if ye need it, we can guide the camels."

They begin to ride out.

The next morning Mags arrives at the temple.

Sarric ignores the weird request about camels and instead says, "lets go"

Sarric ignores the weird request about camels and instead says, "lets go"
    OOC: Sarric going by foot?

• Advertisement

OOC: Yes

Vrakrash dozes as much as he can on the back of the camel during the trip, trusting the animal to follow the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai, because of the motion of the camel's steps and his face being far too close to the worse smelling end of a camel, dreams of being trapped in a seesawing sewer.

Around noon the next day, the leader of the dwarves speaks up.

"Right, who is going to be a slaver and who is going to be a slave. Us six dwarves, we'll be slaves, the rest of ye?"

Therai, feeling a decent hangover, groans "If I'm a slave do I get to sit?"

"What are you talking about? We are supposed to be rescuing dwarves from slavers, now you want to be slaves, what has your god done to your minds?"

Vrakrash looks around.

'Rhiggy and I as the muscle should both be free. Also tying up a drow is probably a terrible idea. Sarric, Therai - what say you?'

Evade wrote: »
    Therai, feeling a decent hangover, groans "If I'm a slave do I get to sit?"
    "Aye lad, I'd imagine a good deal at first, if I'm right. A few days of sitting on our holes and then we'll be placed to work on powering one of their machines until we are sold off."

"Sitting is good. What do put in those drinks?"

"What are you talking about? We are supposed to be rescuing dwarves from slavers, now you want to be slaves, what has your god done to your minds?"
    "I wouldn't expect an Elf to understand. The challenge of deception and subterfuge, playing the role of the weak, only to rise against them. It's poetic, in a sense more than freeing the slaves, we'll be forming a rebellion. And how can you truly save a man till ye have walked in his shoes."

He sheds tear.

"I'd nay hope BandyLegs himself will see some beauty in it"

The other dwarves applaud his poetic valour.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    "Sitting is good. What do put in those drinks?"
    "Stuff that doesn't agree with humans lad. Various rock dusts and sulphur compounds.

But ye're a stout fella, nigh on dwarf like in your retention of verticality."

OOC: Stopping there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    The icon displays fine craftsmanship. It shows BandyLegs in his role as avenger, his face a skull. In one hand he holds a dragon's head, in the other the helm of a suit of armour with spikes rising from the scalp.

Hetyaro speaks.

"Nobody present Retula"

The voice is tripled in its throat, each one of a different pitch.

"That's really creeping me out. You better not be possessed! This skeledwarf guy is so try-hard. We get it! You cut a dragons head off, like get over it! Wonder if Vrakrash has seen this yet?"
    If it's small enough, she'll take the icon
    Searching around, he spots Rhiggy and Retula in the alcove.

"Tsk. Nice job looking outing, dol-quesse"

ooc : since she's following Rhiggs hope it's ok to retcon her into the camel train
    "Right, who is going to be a slaver and who is going to be a slave. Us six dwarves, we'll be slaves, the rest of ye?"

Looking a tiny bit sheepish, Retula mutters "won't exactly be my first time with the chains and the whips. I call Slave!"

Banjo wrote: »
    Looking a tiny bit sheepish, Retula mutters "won't exactly be my first time with the chains and the whips. I call Slave!"
    The dwarves, being a simple people, express sympathy with Retula

"Aye lass, a slave before were ye? Then ye know what we fight for. Let's lead on"

Around noon the group arrive at the Oasis.

VlR7MU.jpg

The main dwarf dismounts and empties a bag containing rope and hands them to Varkrash.

"Alright lad rough us up a bit and the strange looking Elven lady as well, then tie us up in this rope."

He looks over to Sarric and Rhiggy.

"Ye'd look good as slavers lads. I think think the High Elf looks too serene to be believable as a wandering trader."

Vrakrash smirks.

'My pleasure.'

He beats up some of the dwarves, before tying them up and dumping them down on the desert floor.

Then he looks to Evade and Retula.

'I would prefer if you just covered yourselves in dirt rather than me using my fists on you, little ones... the dwarves are hardy people... you folk.. not so much.'

The dwarves, being a simple people, express sympathy with Retula

"Aye lass, a slave before were ye? Then ye know what we fight for. Let's lead on"

Around noon the group arrive at the Oasis.

The main dwarf dismounts and empties a bag containing rope and hands them to Varkrash.

"Alright lad rough us up a bit and the strange looking Elven lady as well, then tie us up in this rope."

He looks over to Sarric and Rhiggy.

"Ye'd look good as slavers lads. I think think the High Elf looks too serene to be believable as a wandering trader."

"Very well, tie yourselves up like good slaves." Sarric rests from the trek.

Therai spreads some dirt around his face and clothes trying not to aggravate his hives. Then he sits is some shade because it's far too bright out today.

A group of humans on horseback rush toward the group, twelve in total, they rear their horses upon sight of Varkrash, Rhiggy, Sarric and the tied up slaves. One of their number, a tall man with purple swirls tatooed about his face speaks.

"Fellow slavers here lads..." he turns to the trio who are still untied "...which of you is the leader?"

A group of humans on horseback rush toward the group, twelve in total, they rear their horses upon sight of Varkrash, Rhiggy, Sarric and the tied up slaves. One of their number, a tall man with purple swirls tatooed about his face speaks.

"Fellow slavers here lads..." he turns to the trio who are still untied "...which of you is the leader?"

Vrakrash steps forward.

'Equals, here mates. The High Elf has amazing contacts, Old Drow face has the slavery experience... I'm the brute force to keep these bastards in check.'

He kicks one of the dwarves in the arse to make his point.

'Who you folks work for? Maybe we can arrange some sort of deal? Give you this lot as a freebie if we can sign up with your crowd... desert has slim pickings, but the High Elf there spotted a crowd outside that lad Bendyarse's temple... can give your boss the details?'

• Advertisement

Sarric finishes up his mediatation and rises. "Hail there horse people, what is your intentions?"

Advertisement