Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai asks Retulia "Can I have a look at the map and could you point out where we are?"

OOC: We're at 48.58 in case anyone else forgot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Evade wrote: »
    Therai asks Retulia "Can I have a look at the map and could you point out where we are?"

OOC: We're at 48.58 in case anyone else forgot

"Im guessing we are about 3 days trek away from the mission. we could trek on and complete the mission and have zassan in our debt."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    "Im guessing we are about 3 days trek away from the mission. we could trek on and complete the mission and have zassan in our debt."

Vrakrash gestures to his large gem

'Eh, good plan, just one slight problem - I ain't lugging this massive thing around the entire desert dude. I'll be using my wish to go somewhere and cash it in.'

"Ask your genie to store it for you for a week." , "You could have him store all this clunky goods for one week, so i dont have to carry this bell and painting too"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash gestures to his large gem

'Eh, good plan, just one slight problem - I ain't lugging this massive thing around the entire desert dude. I'll be using my wish to go somewhere and cash it in.'
    "Is it the weight or the value that you're concerned about? Because if it's the weight..." he trails off as he points at the horses.

OOC: I assume the horses are still around. Are the city watchmen still following us too?

• Advertisement

Sarric gestures at the camels too, "you can pack at lots of stuff of those beasts"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"on them....or in them!"
    Retula starts flicking through the scrolls and Tome she recovered from the pandelumian tower, looking for something that will explain how to turn a camels hump into a fliptop storage bin. But it's mostly complicated symbols and meatflowers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Is it the weight or the value that you're concerned about? Because if it's the weight..." he trails off as he points at the horses.

OOC: I assume the horses are still around. Are the city watchmen still following us too?

'The value, little dude. I ain't leaving this thing hanging around....'

He pauses.

'Hang on a second... I've got it! I could ask him to have a store appear right here, in front of us. Problem solved!'

He struts around thinking he's solved some sort of complex maths equation.

"Literal, make sure that store has lots of gold on hand, to insure you get paid for your jewel."
    "Also, when you have exchanged your jewel for gold, we then have all that gold to lug around."
    "So what is the benefit of exchangeing one big ass gem for shit tons off gold?"
    "You still have all that wealth hanging about."

Necrominus wrote: »
    'The value, little dude. I ain't leaving this thing hanging around....'

He pauses.

'Hang on a second... I've got it! I could ask him to have a store appear right here, in front of us. Problem solved!'
    "But if you sell it you'll still be lugging around the same value of coin, won't you?"

Therai thinks for a moment

"How about if you wish for some sort of contraption, a bag maybe, where you put in something valuable and a fair amount of coin can be taken out in its place"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Columbo laughs.
    He exclaims loudly and turns to Mags.

"...wow this is some good stuff!!!"
    "Sadly it's the last of it for the moment. Finding more is now a high priority personal quest. I've heard the story "The myth of the Camberwell Carrot." so many times and from so many different sources that it has to be true. It HAS to be true!"
    Upon packing away his newfound items Therai realises his beloved pet mouse, Twitchy, has drowned. How could he be so forgetful? His longest friend dead from his thoughtlessness.
    Mags looks hopefully at Therai. "You gonna eat that?". While he's asking Mags also casts 'Healing Word' on Therai in hopes of curing his unsightly hives/boils/blisters
    sKeith wrote: »
    "So, did you reunite the two lost brothers yet, have they talked to each other?
    "Brothers not yet reunited. My 'brother' is relaxing in the ring for a week. When he's up and about again I'll tell him his bro is freed."

As the gang settle for food and discussion of future plans Mags sings a 'song of rest'* telling of the deeds of the crew, exaggerating the size of the enemies, bolstering the acts of heroism performed and praising of the magnificent rescue put in place by bow happy Riggs.
    *Bonus recovery points for those in dire need.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Therai notices that there are storm clouds on the horizon, luckily they won't reach the party until the night. Right now it is late afternoon.

"Hey Retula, there's a storm coming. Maybe we should head for that pyramid on the map."

Retula closes her eyes and holds her open palm over her forehead in a weird cyclopean display.
    "Eye believe you have a point. Although I can't think of like one decent, good natured alive type that lives in a pyramid...? But hey ho! Let's go!"

Target 49.57, 50.58
    Not sure we can do that in one day given the time but we have Rhiggy's eyes and i have devil sight now so night is as day to us

Rolled 17

By the time night rolls around, the pyramid is just barely visible in the distance. The storm clouds seem to be a good bit away yet.

"hey look! The place I said I'd get us to! I did it!
    So like, shall we push on? I mean what's the worst that can happen? Giant spider attack? Brown or blue dragons? The momma of that T-Rex you butchered has been stealthily stalking us? Quicksand? Evil hags? Mummies? Actually you know what, there's plenty can go wrong, maybe we should like just wait heeere...?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Banjo wrote: »
    So like, shall we push on? I mean what's the worst that can happen? Giant spider attack? Brown or blue dragons? The momma of that T-Rex you butchered has been stealthily stalking us? Quicksand? Evil hags? Mummies? Actually you know what, there's plenty can go wrong, maybe we should like just wait heeere...?"

I used to b scared of spiders
    Now not so much

"Having your skin ripped apart by the sad kicked up in a storm"

"sheesh, don't have a cow, ok ok, we'll keep going?"

Ooc : rolled 5. Remember, when the gnolls come for us, that I said we should stop.

OOC: Note no need to roll again, you charted the way correctly last time and the pyramid is now visible. This is still Day 6, so the last navigation roll would represent changing course during the day. It's now night and you'd still be in (though on the outer edge) of 48.58

• Advertisement

As they push toward the pyramid by night, the horses begin to tire, as do they. An hour or two after midnight they have escaped the path of the storm.

"Make camp here or press on to the pyramid?"

"Make camp here or press on to the pyramid?"

I’ll press on I’m better at night
    Anyone got any poerupnspells thy can cast on me before they sleep and renew their spells ?

"I guess I could hex your intelligence so you're too stupid to know you're tired?"

She yawns . As much as she misses the shadows, she feels beat and worn like a Ghirrash's jockstrap.

"I guess I could hex your intelligence so you're too stupid to know you're tired?"

She yawns . As much as she misses the shadows, she feels beat and worn like a Ghirrash's jockstrap.

You owe me a life debt little one and while I enjoy that I’m am no longer under the shadow that rule still stands .

Tigger wrote: »
    You owe me a life debt little one and while I enjoy that I’m am no longer under the shadow that rule still stands .

"Dude it was a compliment! Fine, let's push on."

"Dude it was a compliment! Fine, let's push on."

We head for the pyramid in foot, two shadow creatures in stealth mode .

Retula and Rhiggy soon spot a very well maintained road cut through the desert. In fact of the highest craftsmanship, a dwarven road.

It leads to the pyramid.

Sarric has a 30 minute rest, afterwhich he'll attempt to follow after/track Retula & Rhiggy.

• Advertisement

"what the blood rift were dwarves doing building a road above ground? I don't like this. They might be..... Civilised!"
    Hetyaro lands on her shoulder, clearly irritated about being kept up past his bed time.
    "Shhhh! I thought you didn't sleep, you feathery ****wit?" She whispers.

Perception on! Devil's sight on! Hair on! No wait, not that last one.
    Proceed parallel to the road watching for threats

Advertisement