Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"dude! You're right! I could throw in some spider too! Grow some extra arms and legs! Wait no, then none of my clothes will fit. Eeew is that your plan? Have me crawl out of that pod with 4 legs and 3 arwenassa and no way to cover up? You sleaze!

But it does sound kind of cool!"

She reaches for some spider bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash waves lazily at Mags.

'I'll have some of that, love me some crayfish!

Say, where's your ring genie?'

He gestures to the other djinn floating next to him

'I got the other one... plus...'

He shows Mags the huge blue gem he is leaning on.

'Not sure how I'm gonna carry this around though.'
    "Nice stone! As for my djinn, well I did ask him some very taxing questions and he totally managed to answer one out of the three I posed and now he has to rest up for a whole week to recover. Man, that must be some really hard work eh?"
    Fourier wrote: »
    Varkrash finds it hard to resist the delicious smell. The crayfish come to the shore and join the dance in honour of Pinchy.
    Mags, delighted with the impromptu gig dances and drums with the crayfish. "Aww you guys are great. Would you like to perform on the 'Newcomers and Oddbod' stage at the Woodshock festival this year? You guys would be awesome."
    Again, Mags doesn't let anything my language barriers get in the way of his enthusiastic intent. :)

Tigger wrote: »
    I grab the water breathing potion quickly get directions and race down to bring the potion to Retula
    OOC: A bit late now but pretty sure I drank the last potion. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Nice stone! As for my djinn, well I did ask him some very taxing questions and he totally managed to answer one out of the three I posed and now he has to rest up for a whole week to recover. Man, that must be some really hard work eh?"

Vrakrash snorts.

'Yeah, we really got the short end of the stick. The drow, Rhiggy - he found a lamp with three wishes per year! To be honest I'm not certain which one is better...

I was thinking of using my wish to transport us out of the desert. Any preference in destination?'

OOC: The potion was a spare, Vrakrash pocketed one of the potions for later use or if he got stuck and put it out on the shore so Rhiggy could grab it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mags, delighted with the impromptu gig dances and drums with the crayfish. "Aww you guys are great. Would you like to perform on the 'Newcomers and Oddbod' stage at the Woodshock festival this year? You guys would be awesome."
    Again, Mags doesn't let anything my language barriers get in the way of his enthusiastic intent. :)

Ook
    There were one potions each
    I never drank one so I had one left
    Necro took it for “safe “ keeping

OOC : Let's all agree that I'm legitimately still alive and about to become a Spiholderbeast.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash snorts.

'Yeah, we really got the short end of the stick. The drow, Rhiggy - he found a lamp with three wishes per year! To be honest I'm not certain which one is better...

I was thinking of using my wish to transport us out of the desert. Any preference in destination?'

OOC: The potion was a spare, Vrakrash pocketed one of the potions for later use or if he got stuck and put it out on the shore so Rhiggy could grab it :)
    "Well I do remember with fondness a brothel where I was paid to play and there was that particular lass...not sure how well you could cope with an half-orc strumpet though...they can be ...enthusiastic.
    However, we should head to civilisation, cash in any loot, re-equip then go fight the good fight against...err...whoever we are being paid to kill. And plunder. I need to buy some garlic I put the last of any I had into the chowder. And I need a pointy stick.
    Wonder if the others survived?"

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : Let's all agree that I'm legitimately still alive and about to become a Spiholderbeast.

Ook if the potion didn’t exist Id have had to be your repreatger

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Well I do remember with fondness a brothel where I was paid to play and there was that particular lass...not sure how well you could cope with an half-orc strumpet though...they can be ...enthusiastic.
    However, we should head to civilisation, cash in any loot, re-equip then go fight the good fight against...err...whoever we are being paid to kill. And plunder. I need to buy some garlic I put the last of any I had into the chowder. And I need a pointy stick.
    Wonder if the others survived?"

'I saw Rhiggy come to shore, take the last of the potions and head off.

As far as I know, Sarric and Therai are sunning themselves after their extended dip - over there.'

He shows Columbo to Mags.

'Like my new friend? I call him Columbo, don't think that's his real name, but it is now cos I said so.

He was hiding out in the temple beneath the lake, afraid to come out as he was told he would die in the lake.'

Vrakrash smirks.

'It appears he was slightly mistaken.'

OOC : WE ARE NOT DOING THE REBREATHER THING! PERV!

OOC : WE ARE NOT DOING THE REBREATHER THING! PERV!

Ook
    Well how a I gonna save the Druid ?

• Advertisement

'I saw Rhiggy come to shore, take the last of the potions and head off.

As far as I know, Sarric and Therai are sunning themselves after their extended dip - over there.'

He shows Columbo to Mags.

'Like my new friend? I call him Columbo, don't think that's his real name, but it is now cos I said so.

He was hiding out in the temple beneath the lake, afraid to come out as he was told he would die in the lake.'

Vrakrash smirks.

'It appears he was slightly mistaken.'
    Mags nods a greeting to the thing. "Hi guy."
    He sits and produces the last of his primo halfling leaf and loads a pipe. After a few puffs he passes the pipe over Vrakrash and Columbo.
    "Did you ever wonder where it all comes from? I mean, when you are out adventuring and you find a treasure box containing a new spell or whatever...who actually puts it there in the firstplace? When I get some supplies I'm going to start writing out some of my spells and I'm going to leave them in little boxes hidden under rocks...with traps and **** for good measure."

He sits and produces the last of his primo halfling leaf and loads a pipe. After a few puffs he passes the pipe over Vrakrash and Columbo.
    "Did you ever wonder where it all comes from? I mean, when you are out adventuring and you find a treasure box containing a new spell or whatever...who actually puts it there in the firstplace? When I get some supplies I'm going to start writing out some of my spells and I'm going to leave them in little boxes hidden under rocks...with traps and **** for good measure."

Ook geocaching

Tigger wrote: »
    Ook geocaching
    OOC: Geocaching with traps!

Vrakrash takes the pipe with thanks and draws deep, then offers it to Columbo.

'Hah! I have often wondered that Mags. Imagine some guy was placing loot for adventurers such as ourselves to find, in the hope we'd die in the process...'

Vrakrash snorts.

'Not that I believe it of course, it's probably just loot those people accumulated from plundering others, or just through wealth.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

But it does sound kind of cool!"

She reaches for some spider bits.
    The small sample of spider tissue lies within a crystal, obviously to be placed in a slot on the left of the mutation pod.

Ooc : how many slots on the pod? If >1 are they marked? Is the beholder tissue in a similar crystal? Are they recognisable parts?

Examining the machine Retula sees that the Pod can hold one crystal. Each crystal sits in a labelled tripod container near the pod. The tissue seems to be simply some sort of liquid. According to some nearby notes, a sample of each creature's spit.

"Nards! I can only do one. Eeny meeny miney.... Beholder! And then I swear we'll find whatever it is the Queen wants

Retula places the tissue sample in the pod.

Magic courses through the pods structure. A warning in Elvish script is then written into the air near the pod.

"Only the strong of body stand a good chance to survive. Proceed with caution."

It then fades.

(assuming she's following the instructions, let me know if/when/what to roll, when she's dead etc etc. I can't talk her out of it at this stage)

• Advertisement

The machine glows a bright orange, almost blinding Rhiggy, it begins to fade and he notices and elven symbol for success etched above the Pod.

A nearby pencil magically stands upright and jots down details on a piece of paper. Overall the procedure was a success with minor side effects.

Retula steps out, bald, three inches shorter, with metal fingernails and with a retractable eye embedded in her palm. The eye has a small magical purple haze over it.

OOC: Once a day you may use a weak version of a beholder's charm ray from your palm eye. Target must make a Charm Save or have their view of Retula change to a positive or protective one. Effect lasts one hour, or until Retula harms them or releases the effect.

Right you want to do another shot ?

Retula checks out her bitchin new look, briefly checks her armpit to assess the extent of the baldness and then gestures from Rhiggy to the worm and back.
    "Come on! You know you want to! Dont b'é such a day-elf!"

Retula checks the dissected corpses, then if nothings interesting about them moves towards the splicing wing.

Retula checks out her bitchin new look, briefly checks her armpit to assess the extent of the baldness
    OOC: In most D&D settings Elves have no hair except on their heads. Retula checking this has decided that in our world, they do have hair elsewhere. You're world building here Banjo.

Retula's armpit sports the full bush so to speak, only hair loss is her head.
    Retula checks the dissected corpses, then if nothings interesting about them moves towards the splicing wing.
    The splicing wing is a far more mundane room. It looks like a carpenters workshop with strange worn out wands, in some cases the wands are half disintegrated.

On a bench, lies three of the crystals from the mutation chamber. Retula senses that the Raven Queen wants these destroyed.

OOC : so now the epitaph shall read : Loving Father, Vigorous Husband, Inventor of Elf Pubes. Sweet!

Retula snaps up the crystals and examines them for markings or identifiers.

The crystals do have a small carving at the base indicating that they are tissue samples from an old Elven royal family of sorcerers.

she looks at the crystals. She looks back in the direction of the pod. "Swizz! That could have been awesome. nnnneeeeeeeeoooow! Fine! Yes ma'am right away ma'am."

She looks around for some kind of container roughly the size of a bucket and something big and heavy she can use as a mortar. If there's any loose masonry or plaster, bones or other animal bits (she might borrow a rib or two from the dissected corpses in the mutation room) she'll throw in a little to dilute / cut the mix. Once found she will smash the **** out of the crystals grinding it all down to a paste, piss in the bucket for good measure and if the magic within this environment stops it all dissipating she'll take it with her when she leaves to throw into the lake proper to disperse.

But before they leave, she'll quickly investigate the other detritus, specifically looking for any interesting bits of wood or weird possibly carnivorous vines that might be lying around. She's starting to get notions about what to do with that unicorn horn.

Vrakrash takes the pipe with thanks and draws deep, then offers it to Columbo.

'Hah! I have often wondered that Mags. Imagine some guy was placing loot for adventurers such as ourselves to find, in the hope we'd die in the process...'
    Columbo laughs.

"Ha! You are not the first to wonder such a thing. Why do so many leave their treasures and magical discoveries in towers and subterranean complexes. The vanity of solitary magic wielders? The hording of near immortals, who caught unaware and killed, leave behind so many treasures?

That our world is so old and magical perhaps explains it. Many empires have risen and fallen and during their heyday developed methods to preserve their works.

Though perhaps you are right, perhaps it is the work of an impossibly clever and handsome deity. I once heard a theory told to me by adventurers of a Wizard far to the North, the Mage Fou...."

He exclaims loudly and turns to Mags.

"...wow this is some good stuff!!!"

I follow the thing

• Advertisement

She looks around for some kind of container roughly the size of a bucket and something big and heavy she can use as a mortar. If there's any loose masonry or plaster, bones or other animal bits (she might borrow a rib or two from the dissected corpses in the mutation room) she'll throw in a little to dilute / cut the mix. Once found she will smash the **** out of the crystals grinding it all down to a paste, piss in the bucket for good measure and if the magic within this environment stops it all dissipating she'll take it with her when she leaves to throw into the lake proper to disperse.
    The Queen is pleased with Retula's work.

"I will deliver to you a boon protégé wait until the next full moon."

But before they leave, she'll quickly investigate the other detritus, specifically looking for any interesting bits of wood or weird possibly carnivorous vines that might be lying around. She's starting to get notions about what to do with that unicorn horn.
    She finds some vivimantic plants within the splicing laboratory. Enough tissue for a couple of experiments at least.

Advertisement