Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lets splice me in with some spider
    I enter the machine and do exactly what Retula did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ok, legger time, pausing to grab the 2 sapphires vrakrash left in the lobby. Straight to shore, her baldy head slicing through the water line a broken bit of biscuit through the foam in a cappuccino.

On the way she sings "Spider-drow, Spider-drow, use the crystal or you'll never know"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Retula and Rhiggy reach the living area with the temple doors in front of them as the masonry of the temple begins to collapse.

OOC: Dex save, Retula only

Rolled 6. Shame it's not 1e.... Shudda gone spider, could afford to lose legs then...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai passes the time on the shore trying to figure out what the pendant and the potions are while eating some rations and occasionally scratching his hives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric mentions to Therai that he has a crowbar in his pack if he wants to borrow it to open the birdcage.

Retula takes a slight bump to the head on her way out from a collapsing piece of the ceiling. (OOC: 1 HP lost)

Unperturbed her and Rhiggy make it back to the shoreline, watched by the Kraken, who no longer wishes to go near the adventurers due to the irritating cuts across his face.

They see the temple collapse just before they step out onto the shore.

Out in dry air the sun beats down on them.

OOC: All of you are now Level 2.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai passes the time on the shore trying to figure out what the pendant and the potions are while eating some rations and occasionally scratching his hives.
    The pendant contains some kind of potion, as Therai can sense the web of magic being pulled by the liquid within. A wizard could certainly taste the magical components comprising it.

Retula squeals and gives Rhiggy a flying hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!" then runs off loudly ka-kawing for Hetyaro.

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: All of you are now Level 2.
    OOC: Double digit hit points at last.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    The pendant contains some kind of potion, as Therai can sense the web of magic being pulled by the liquid within. A wizard could certainly taste the magical components comprising it.
    Therai scratches a particullarly itchy hive on his head and concludes to himself "I'll have to get one of those book sorcerers to look at this"

On the shore, Rhiggy begins to feel the effects of the splicing. His stomach turns and small hairs sprout from his finger tips. A small bit of blood comes from his nose from the stress of the changes, it's black!!

OOC: Rhiggy heals half as much by day, but twice as much at night. He also has a chance to scale sheer surfaces (DEX check, with target select by me based on surface)

Upon packing away his newfound items Therai realises his beloved pet mouse, Twitchy, has drowned. How could he be so forgetful? His longest friend dead from his thoughtlessness.

Twitchy wonders what it was all for as he floats in the lake's depths. Should never had let him take that boat to Zassan.

He sees a bright light and a mountain of cheese. The Elders were right all along. A skeletal mouse in a black robe leads him beyond.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash waves at the others surfacing.

'Ahoy comrades, come and share in the bounty!'

He lays out 9 gems from the walls of the temple and 4 sapphires from the statues eyes he retrieved.

He hands two each to Rhiggy, Sarric, Retula, and Mags. He hands one to Therai, with a comment:

'Ah my friend, I believe you had one of those already. One for you and everyone is even.'

He scoops up the other three remaining gems and places them back in his pack.

'I will share the bounty of the large gem and one of the remaining gems six ways when I get to cash them in....

Speaking of which - where to next?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Ah my friend, I believe you had one of those already. One for you and everyone is even.'
    "Yes, thank you."

Vrakrash waves at the others surfacing.

'Ahoy comrades, come and share in the bounty!'

He lays out 9 gems from the walls of the temple and 4 sapphires from the statues eyes he retrieved.

He hands two each to Rhiggy, Sarric, Retula, and Mags. He hands one to Therai, with a comment:

He scoops up the other three remaining gems and places them back in his pack.

'I will share the bounty of the large gem and one of the remaining gems six ways when I get to cash them in....

Speaking of which - where to next?'

"I retrieved from that temple this bell," Sarric rings the bell, "a painting of an old Elven queen Tholicra and 58 gp. "

"I...uh.... Look, I found a lot of stuff down there? A *lot*. And like it's all a-maz-ing but it's not like you know worth anything. Yet. But I think I can learn to use it and stuff? So like I don't really wanna share it? Is that cool? I mean it's mostly bits of cow-plant, but it could ****ing talk and eat grass!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    "I...uh.... Look, I found a lot of stuff down there? A *lot*. And like it's all a-maz-ing but it's not like you know worth anything. Yet. But I think I can learn to use it and stuff? So like I don't really wanna share it? Is that cool? I mean it's mostly bits of cow-plant, but it could ****ing talk and eat grass!"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Worth nothing? Keep your plants, little one.'

He turns away but immediately looks back with a start.

'GOLDEN BALLS OF FIRE! What in the name of the Dread Lord Alduin happened to your hair little elf?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

All I retrieved was Baldy here. oh and this lamp
    It’s just a regular lamp but it’s handy

• Advertisement

Vrackrash's shout causes Therai to notice Retula's new look. "That's certainly unique. Back home, before I was born, there was a great Bard who choose a similar hairstyle. It was claimed she did it for an incomparable lost love"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Worth nothing? Keep your plants, little one.'

He turns away but immediately looks back with a start.

'GOLDEN BALLS OF FIRE! What in the name of the Dread Lord Alduin happened to your hair little elf?'

"I've got a ****ing eye in my hand and you wanna know about the hair? It fell off. More room for ink! And check these out!"

She flashes her metal fingernails.

"If these babies grow I'm done with cutlery! Might need to get a manicure at a blacksmiths once in a while though...

Hey! How'd Columbo take to the change in ambience?"

"So, did you reunite the two lost brothers yet, have they talked to each other? Also, are we moving on or camping here?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "I've got a ****ing eye in my hand and you wanna know about the hair? It fell off. More room for ink! And check these out!"

She flashes her metal fingernails.

"If these babies grow I'm done with cutlery! Might need to get a manicure at a blacksmiths once in a while though...

Hey! How'd Columbo take to the change in ambience?"

'Seems ok to me. He had a hit off Mags pipe and started blabbering on about some Mage and stuff. But so far, no death and he's out of the lake, so win win!'

Vrakrash turns to the group.

'Ok, so I have this big ass gem and I wanna cash it in. Where do we wanna go?'

He flashes the ring on his finger.

'This guy can bring us wherever we wanna go... but he's VERY literal in granting it, so we need to be careful.'

'This guy can bring us wherever we wanna go... but he's VERY literal in granting it, so we need to be careful.'
    "How often can he teleport us?"

Evade wrote: »
    "How often can he teleport us?"

'Well, once a week as per wish rules... so we go somewhere now, we either wait a week to come back here or we do some other cool sh1t.

Did you guys know there's loads of Elven ruins deep in the forests near Osinzir?Sounds like a lot of fun!

Then there's the northern stuff with the dwarves. I heard tell on my travels of great treasures in that dude... he became a God...

Brandyface? Bendyarse? Anyway, that fella's home town. Supposed to be majorly cool.

Of course there's the vampire you guys were gonna kill too.'

'Well, once a week as per wish rules... so we go somewhere now, we either wait a week to come back here or we do some other cool sh1t.

Did you guys know there's loads of Elven ruins deep in the forests near Osinzir?Sounds like a lot of fun!

Then there's the northern stuff with the dwarves. I heard tell on my travels of great treasures in that dude... he became a God...

Brandyface? Bendyarse? Anyway, that fella's home town. Supposed to be majorly cool.

Of course there's the vampire you guys were gonna kill too.'
    "why would we come back here?"

sKeith wrote: »
    "why would we come back here?"

'No idea, dude. World is our oyster and all that shizazz.

Any preferences on travel? I have one request... I'd not like to visit Neros.

There's a bad dude there who wants me dead. Been hunting me for years.

He killed all my brothers and sisters, took over our lands... moved on, but still sends people after me cos I did some silly sh1t and burned half his face off.'

Vrakrash clenches his clawed fists angrily.

'Bastard had it coming though. Fcuking pirates.'

"well, the deal those pricks in Zassan were offering wasn't terribly convincing, I mean they were offering **** money. Total garbage! But we've set a couple of desert gods free , seems like we should go talk to the squatters, get them to change their ways after we visit a store or two?"

Her bird perches on her shoulder.
    "Oh you're back. You are so out of touch. I'm in Her cool books now. No thanks to you. Maybe she'll upgrade me to an Osprey"

• Advertisement

OOC: I'm off

Advertisement