Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

gavkm27 wrote: »
    It won top vote to be listed on Binance so it’s going pamp

RaiExchange will also launch on the 9th. Double Pump!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bitgrail, if you’ve any other exchange then you’ll work it

Can you buy some? Is it possible that someone with means capable of buying them buy them for me and then send me them?
    Is that technically possible?
    Taking the piss a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

It takes....

2 mins to open an account on there.
    2 mins to activate their 2 factor authentication.
    2 mins to transfer some alt coin to them.
    2 mins to sell that alt coin.
    2 mins to buy Raiblocks.

Seriously. I just did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Taking the piss a bit.

Why so.

Creating an account is taking to long of late. I want to buy 2k of this coin, I just need someone to buy and send me them

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Seriously if you can't even be arsed to set up a few accounts then crypto investing is not for you. It's not a magical lottery ticket you need to put time and effort into educating yourself about these technologies and put money in because you believe it will be even bigger in the future, not just because you hear people are making money and you want in.

It's not for the feint hearted and you could lose it all in minutes. But I would advise you to get someone to help you and learn about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I was gonna grab some RaiBlocks earlier. Decided to watch a bit of football and setup the account after the game. Made some food after the game it went clean out of my head until much later.

RaiBlocks in that time $23 ---> $34

These markets are foooooking mental :p

Taking the piss a bit.

Why so.

Creating an account is taking to long of late. I want to buy 2k of this coin, I just need someone to buy and send me them

Asking someone on an internet message board you don't know to purchase something for you is 100% taking the piss. You are responsible for your own investments.

Coinbase can be set up in about a minute and any of BTC/ETC/LTC bought instantly with a credit card. I set up my bitgrail and Binance accounts in a combined ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I'd appreciate opinion of (lets just say) the more seasoned traders on here on these two coins that im currently interested in;

POE https://po.et
    I really like what there trying to achieve using the blockchain decentralized network to verify digital content/media

&

TRX www.tron.network/en.html (China based)
    a blockchain-based decentralized protocol that aims to construct a worldwide free content entertainment system with the blockchain and distributed storage technology

Thanks in advane

Both of these coins up over 100% since the time of posting.

I got on TRX thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Asking someone on an internet message board you don't know to purchase something for you is 100% taking the piss. You are responsible for your own investments.

Coinbase can be set up in about a minute and any of BTC/ETC/LTC bought instantly with a credit card. I set up my bitgrail and Binance accounts in a combined ten minutes.

I agree,

Can I just ask one question. How do you deposit money instantly, the only way I can see to do it and have been doing it is via bank transfer, which takes a few days

eurokev wrote: »
    I agree,

Can I just ask one question. How do you deposit money instantly, the only way I can see to do it and have been doing it is via bank transfer, which takes a few days

Some credit cards accepted on some exchanges to make instant top up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Credit card.

But it's limited to 500 euro a week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

eurokev wrote: »
    I agree,

Coinbase definitely take a debit card the option should be there somewhere, it's the only way I've ever put money onto Coinbase myself

Your card has to support 3D secure, so if you're getting an error when adding a card then that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

bought nearly 20k Steem when it was valued at about 80-something cent.

Happy days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Great gains in Enigma and request network from when I mentioned it at the start of thread, knew REQ would explode but didn't think ENG would go up so quick
    Bought xspec last week and Nuls start of the month, nuls could take off if word gets around. Only bought Xspec because of the huge increase with verge and privacy coins in general

ZeroThreat wrote: »

Looks up coinmarketcap.
    Sorts by 24 hour change.
    Types bluster.

Looks up coinmarketcap.
    Sorts by 24 hour change.
    Types bluster.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

KilOit wrote:
    Great gains in Enigma and request network from when I mentioned it at the start of thread, knew REQ would explode but didn't think ENG would go up so quick Bought xspec last week and Nuls start of the month, nuls could take off if word gets around. Only bought Xspec because of the huge increase with verge and privacy coins in general

What exchange are you using for low value coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Looks up coinmarketcap.
    Sorts by 24 hour change.
    Types bluster.

A little harsh in terms of tone, but I sympathise with the sentiment.

If someone is going to post a "look how much money I've made on coin x!" type comment it really adds no value unless its part of a thread that began before the price went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,039 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Why ?

Bought 1,000 VTC when it was about $.90 - $.95 - Still holding them all so happy with that.

Also bought 20,000 Substratum at between $.10 and $.20 so very pleased with that as well.

Bought some Ethos (at about $1.55 ) and Quantstamp (at about $.15) - with the recent dips (seem to be in conjunction with btc breaking more barriers) these may be good value buys.

Bought a load of Steem when it was about $.90 so selling it back at the moment - however the profit is more in fiat that satoshis as BTC also appreciated heavily in the time since I bought it.
    SkySter wrote: »
    A little harsh in terms of tone, but I sympathise with the sentiment.

If someone is going to post a "look how much money I've made on coin x!" type comment it really adds no value unless its part of a thread that began before the price went up.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Why ?

Was looking back at the start of this thread about a month ago, and realising how well some of my picks have done, that's all.

Seems to be a lot of bile in general from one person in particular on this subforum.

Back in early Sept I was trying to get into crypto for the first time & was having problems getting verified with Gdax.

Same poster if I recall basically told me to p*ss off as no one could care about my difficulties at the time.

And to answer SkySter, as above I did mention steem back at the start of December before the price really began to climb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Was looking back at the start of this thread about a month ago, and realising how well some of my picks have done, that's all.

Seems to be a lot of bile in general from one person in particular on this subforum.

Back in early Sept I was trying to get into crypto for the first time & was having problems getting verified with Gdax.

Same poster if I recall basically told me to p*ss off as no one could care about my difficulties at the time.

And to answer SkySter, as above I did mention steem back at the start of December before the price really began to climb.

Fantastic trades there apart from Steem if you sold it, i think it will be huge.

I am involved in a few of those too - Vertcoin, Substratum, QTSM. Within the last month i invested in 0X, Ethlend - think they both have huge potential, a lot of people are saying Eos will overtake Eth, whilst EOS will do well, i think ETH is far ahead on the roadmap, it is Eth's year, many related coins will do very well.

Anyway, congrats :)

Fantastic trades there apart from Steem if you sold it, i think it will be huge.

I am involved in a few of those too - Vertcoin, Substratum, QTSM. Within the last month i invested in 0X, Ethlend - think they both have huge potential, a lot of people are saying Eos will overtake Eth, whilst EOS will do well, i think ETH is far ahead on the roadmap, it is Eth's year, many related coins will do very well.

Anyway, congrats :)

Can I pick your brain on ETH mate?

Why do all ICO's (New and Old) deal in ETH?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,039 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ENG & EQT are two coins of mine that have gone mental over the last day (80% and 40%) and I have no idea why...anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Why do all ICO's (New and Old) deal in ETH?

They're all versions of smart contracts.

I got on TRX thankfully.

My first proper rocket ride and still more to go if you ask me when the Chinese/Asia market get back trading.

Fingers crossed

Blacktie. wrote: »

About 2/3s of all the cryptos I hold (including ICOs) seem to be ERC 20 tokens.

In fact so many new ones have been created that MyEthereumWallet hasn't got tickers for a lot of them.

After transferring to the wallet, I often have to create a custom token so I can see they're actually there.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Blacktie. wrote: »

ETH was the original smart contract platform so it had early mover advantage. You can expect to see ICO's on other smart contract platforms such as NEO, ICX, QTUM, CARDANO, EOS etc over the course of 2018 which is why I think its a good idea to have some of them represented in your portfolio.

My first proper rocket ride and still more to go if you ask me when the Chinese/Asia market get back trading.

Fingers crossed

Congratulations!

I had about 1000 of them last week but diverted them to get in on a Verge pump. Used the profits of that to put back into my main coins, but I should have put some back in TRX as it seems like a decent project, albeit one that has a long road ahead if it is to reach its full potential.

I'm happy for my OH though. At her request last night I got her set up on Coinbase and Binance. She put in a very small amount and equates it to the excitement of a bet on a horse, which she does about once a year with the grand national. She put that small amount in TRX and XRP, both 'horses' which are well in front today so far.

As for my own 'little coin who could', I bought some DNT (District0x) a few weeks back at $0.05c. It jumped up to 17/18/19c territory in the last few days. I'm not on my way to the Tesla dealership just yet, but it's a nice gain and one in a project which does interest me. As opposed to the likes of Verge which I'm done with now and only used for the pumps.

I love stories like this...well done you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

SkySter wrote: »
    ETH was the original smart contract platform so it had early mover advantage. You can expect to see ICO's on other smart contract platforms such as NEO, ICX, QTUM, CARDANO, EOS etc over the course of 2018 which is why I think its a good idea to have some of them represented in your portfolio.

I think ICON (ICX) looks really undervalued in relation to the market.

Advertisement