Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In think the email address is stopbeingatightgit@aikenpromotions.ie

No seriously we should be entitled to free tickets we have to put up with the GAA noise all year round, do you get in touch with the City Council or the County Council about this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

I see 10,000 tickets have been cancelled for the uk shows after going up on resale sites. Great to see

Not great for those people who go ahead and buy them from the touts despite warnings :)
    Hopefully it becomes more common place and cuts down on the level of touting

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've a quick question. My little girl is 10 today and I was going to surprise her with tickets for herself,
    her sister 7 and my wife. But I don't want to go. can I buy tickets on my credit card and not go. If I buy the hardback tickets can my wife go without me. I see there still are standing tickets left for Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

fennor72 wrote: »
    I've a quick question. My little girl is 10 today and I was going to surprise her with tickets for herself,
    her sister 7 and my wife. But I don't want to go. can I buy tickets on my credit card and not go. If I buy the hardback tickets can my wife go without me. I see there still are standing tickets left for Cork

Yep

http://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/ed-sheeran-irish-tour-2018-faqs-7138

Q: What do I do if my parent buys me a ticket on their card and they do not wish to attend the show?
    A: Please purchase tickets in the cardholder’s name and on the day of the show please provide the attending party with the credit card, or a photocopy/photo of the card used at the time of booking. You will also need to bring along a valid ID to reflect family name.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wife will have to have a "valid ID" with the same surname.

No mention of what a valid ID is. A newly married couple, even if she did take the husbands surname, might not have ID with it.

I doubt there would be any trouble though, esp. if you had the actual CC and not just the photocopy.

Seems touts called Murphy would have an easier time shifting them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Any idea when the tickets get posted out if you choose to get a normal ticket instead of a printed one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

PWEI wrote:
    Any idea when the tickets get posted out if you choose to get a normal ticket instead of a printed one?

Next year sometime i think! Few weeks before the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Next year sometime i think! Few weeks before the concert

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

PWEI wrote:

I got an email saying they'd be posted out in March 2018.

I wonder how much they gain by selling so far in advance and with such restrictions on transferring tickets. People usually just go on about the amount they get in interest on the money, but that might not be the main financial benefit.

It reminds me of airlines overbooking on purpose, and I guess they could well get cheaper insurance on it. Presuming X% of people will not turn up. I wonder if the same is done here, if you sold tickets 4 years in advance there obviously would be a higher % dropout than 4 weeks before -add on the restrictions on resale and that obviously increases dramatically too, I imagine loads of slane tickets went unused. So I wonder if they can get insurance people to factor this in, say 15% of tickets wold will be unused compared to 4% if sold weeks in advance. There could technically be room for these "hopeful no shows" too, if they do turn up there would be room for them, just bigger queues for the bars and toilet -so they do not have to turn anyone away like an airline might -they just get negative feedback which does not seem to faze the big promotors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

Hi I had a look at the seating map for the Galway concert. Can anyone tell me is the stage going to be on one of the side line terraces?? and if so is the lettered sections actually going to be in the main stand at Pearse Stadium. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »

The same old Ticketmaster and promoter ploy ,pretend its sold out when its not.
    Sheeran has been constantly releasing extra tickets over the last few weeks for all his "Sold Out" UK gigs too .

His whole tour was a very cynical ploy ,what with putting tickets on sale a year in advance ,pretending gigs had sold out so he could add more and the debacle of Ticketmasters website completely collapsing under the load of having all dates go on sale simultaneously.
    Ed doesnt care ,he has themoney in the bank till next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Phoenix Park gigs may be elsewhere as residents complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Hi all I've got standing tickets for a few of us for the Friday night in Dublin and I'm looking for one more ticket for a family member. Is there any 'official' way to get a ticket for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys I see more tickets are on sale on Thursday a friend has ticket from before it says they are in seat location is GA2 what does that mean? I want to try be in the same area as them

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hi guys I see more tickets are on sale on Thursday a friend has ticket from before it says they are in seat location is GA2 what does that mean? I want to try be in the same area as them

That is a standing ticket. GA2 is used just for admin purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

I bought three tickets for Phoenix Park before he announced a third date in Cork. Anyone know how I can sell on the Dublin ones? (I know they’re making it awkward with credit cards, email confirmations, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

jsms88 wrote: »
    I bought three tickets for Phoenix Park before he announced a third date in Cork. Anyone know how I can sell on the Dublin ones? (I know they’re making it awkward with credit cards, email confirmations, etc.)

May I buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Soulsun wrote: »
    May I buy them?

Would happily sell them if I knew how. Anyone know how to get around Ed’s rules about having to have the bookers present and show the credit card on entry and so on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

Managed to get 2 x Standing Tickets for Sat in Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Trying to get 1 standing for Wednesday but no joy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

legohouse wrote: »
    Managed to get 2 x Standing Tickets for Sat in Phoenix Park

Me too! For the wife for Xmas .... She will be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Soulsun wrote:
    Me too! For the wife for Xmas .... She will be delighted

Same got them on UK Ticketmaster. As I paid with my card does that mean I have to go too.
    I heard something about not being able to give as gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

"Q: What do I do if my parent buys me a ticket on their card and they do not wish to attend the show?
    A: Please purchase tickets in the cardholder’s name and on the day of the show please provide the attending party with the credit card, or a photocopy/photo of the card used at the time of booking. You will also need to bring along a valid ID to reflect family name."

https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/ed-sheeran-irish-tour-2018-faqs-7138?_ga=2.220185948.474079410.1512046178-1924497456.1509729721

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

No use for nieces/nephews or grandchildren without family name or potentially even children of unmarried parents who have only taken one parents name. Given how often tickets are given as a present it really is a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cruizer101 wrote: »
    No use for nieces/nephews or grandchildren without family name or potentially even children of unmarried parents who have only taken one parents name. Given how often tickets are given as a present it really is a bit ridiculous.

Its nonsense and it wont be implemented .

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

how did you buy through the uk site I cant get options for irish dates when on it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

I have two tickets for sale:

Ed Sheeran
    Phoenix Park, Dublin
    Wed 16 May 2018, 17:00
    GA: Standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

more tickets on sale now guys!! tickets still available for cork and dublin

Advertisement