Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I have a Qnix as it as, but another would be too expensive with the awful Euro-pound conversion, so I'm considering getting a PLP setup of 2 24" 1080p? 1200p just seem to expensive for the little extra width.

Can you game on that kind of setup? Primarily I just like screen space, as 27" still seems too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Managed to get my QNIX QX2710 up to 110Hz and haven't noticed any issues the last few days :)

FYI I have the model with multiple connection types.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looking for a decent stand for my monitor if anyone has any recommendations. My setup of placing the monitor on stacked boxes isn't ideal. Would like a stand that can adjust in any direction I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Anyone have experience with the CrossOver 2795QHD? Just ordered one last night, should be here in a couple of weeks. I went for this over the QNIX QX2710 as it is claimed to be PWM flicker-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Anyone have experience with the CrossOver 2795QHD? Just ordered one last night, should be here in a couple of weeks. I went for this over the QNIX QX2710 as it is claimed to be PWM flicker-free.

I had the qnix, she decided to blow her brains out and keep flickering to death. I am looking to buy another, but I think I really need a proper IPS monitor, the difference in image quality is just unreal. But 144hz and IPS.. hurts the wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Apologies if there is a better thread for this but wasn't sure. Basically I have a QNIX Q2710 II Thin and am on the lookout for an adjustable monitor stand for it.

Was curious if there was any other owners who may have fit an adjustable monitor stand I'd appreciate any specific model etc cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

MarkJD wrote: »
    Apologies if there is a better thread for this but wasn't sure. Basically I have a QNIX Q2710 II Thin and am on the lookout for an adjustable monitor stand for it.

Was curious if there was any other owners who may have fit an adjustable monitor stand I'd appreciate any specific model etc cheers

I just used the standard stand that came with it. There are vesa holes, but be very careful, I don't think they are properly supported on the inside. I think there is a guide on the QNIX owners thread on overclock.net

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well i got an arm that connects to the desk and my monitor so it floats tehre and can move about, if that is of interest? https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Single-Monitor-Display-Mounting/dp/B00MIBN16O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467288354&sr=8-2&keywords=monitor+arm+amazon+basic

Are there any updates with these monitors, any new ones/ I have the qnix for years now and it's class but just wondering what i would get next.

Cheers for the responses. Ye had the standard stand with it but decided with a new build I'd try get a stand.

Thanks for the arm suggestion. Will check it out and similar. Seems pricey for an arm but seems good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very good arm, think it was 60 when i got it. Sure have a look around for a cheaper one but they are so much better than a stand imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I can't find any mention of that specific model... do you mean the "QNIX QX2710 27″ Evolution II"?

Pictures seem to show a VESA Mounting holes so any VESA compatible stand should work.
    http://techx1.thessdreview1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/QX2710-Ports.jpg

(Edit: Forum derped super hard for me which is why this looks to ignore all the previous responses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Looks like I was wrong the VESA mount should be ok. I did have to take mine to bits though and I was a bit concerned at the time about the mounting holes on mine though, Id keep an eye on it

Yea sorry its the Evolution II was gonna type that in but phone was derping in the initial post. Iv already removed the actual stand and taken the bezel off so its primed just need to pick something out. Ill check out any 27" compatible VESA stands too.

I'm using an Ergotron LX desk mount stand with my CrossOver 2795QHD (I did buy one in the end). The stand wasn't cheap (I paid about €130) but it's decent quality.

Not sure if the construction of the CrossOver is any similar to the QNIX monitors but the VESA mounts were out of spec in terms of depth - the standard screws are too long so I had to put some washers in-between the stand and monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Long time no see, Catleap thread.

I've got mine in my attic gathering dust since I tore down my gaming PC. Was thinking of getting it out again as a second monitor for a laptop.

I know that to get 2560x1440 you need an active DVI-D to * adaptor, but is it possible to run it at lower res (1080P) without buying an expensive adaptor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Depending on the brand you have, don't most need a dedicated GPU to run these ?

Not sure a laptop can display on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Of course a laptop can display on a high-resolution monitor - just not with VGA or DVI-I (these connections don't have enough bandwidth). It doesn't matter what convertor you use if there is still an obsolete vga port at the end. Yes you could drop the resolution to 1080 and vga would work (but what is the point?).

Modern laptops come with DisplayPort/HDMI usually, which can handle high resolutions fine.

Problem is if you try to play demanding games on laptop, will probably get low framerate at high resolution but this is to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It's not for gaming, just displaying text. Might be hooked up to an iMac either, would that work with a Thunderbolt to DVI cable? Cheers for the replies.

Edit: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/m11x-r1-to-yamakasi-catleap-or-any-other-korean-1440p-monitor.698443/#post-8980245
    This is discouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Thunderbolt supports hdmi 1.4 so should work fine. Note there are 2 types of DVI, only DVI-D works for high resolutions. Normal DVI will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Necro again.

Getting annoyed watching my 22" from a distance, probably time for a 27". Anyone recently purchased?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I've had the Qnix 2710 for a while now. Overclocked to 115Hz without Artifacts. Small artifacts start to appear at 120. Still a great a monitor once you download a proper calibrated ICC profile to match your refresh rate and using Color Sustainer to keep the profile active through all applications.

There is a small light bleed issue which is noticeable on dark backgrounds around the bottom where the stand attaches to the frame. The housing ain't the best but the panel is great.

Not sure what the newer ones are like though.

Qnix, one of my best purchases. Have it on an amazon adjustable arm for for varying height/rotation.

As graphics cards are moving away from DVI outputs I couldn't recommend one of these DVI-only models anymore (IIRC converting DVI-DL to DisplayPort is very tricky or impossible with these).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As graphics cards are moving away from DVI outputs I couldn't recommend one of these DVI-only models anymore (IIRC converting DVI-DL to DisplayPort is very tricky or impossible with these).

Oh thats interesting, hadn't considered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

My Yamakasi Q270 was giving issues the last few weeks, flickering with artifacts when first turned on.
    After a few seconds it would stabilize and I could work away but it was steadily getting worse and now it won't turn on at all. (Tried different Dual-link DVI's etc)
    (Can't complain really, I got 5 good years from it and it was/is an amazing monitor.)

Anyone have any experience with changing the TCON & Power PCB like this kit on ebay?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-IPS-27-Overclockable-LM270WQ1-PCBs-w-Cables-Main-Board-DVI-Monitor-Input/162739455139?hash=item25e40704a3:g:svUAAOSwRJ9XhTAb

I'm tempted to try it as my panel is perfect, zero dead pixels, and this kit would allow overclocking.
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Moon54 wrote: »
    My Yamakasi Q270 was giving issues the last few weeks, flickering with artifacts when first turned on.
    After a few seconds it would stabilize and I could work away but it was steadily getting worse and now it won't turn on at all. (Tried different Dual-link DVI's etc)
    (Can't complain really, I got 5 good years from it and it was/is an amazing monitor.)

Anyone have any experience with changing the TCON & Power PCB like this kit on ebay?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-IPS-27-Overclockable-LM270WQ1-PCBs-w-Cables-Main-Board-DVI-Monitor-Input/162739455139?hash=item25e40704a3:g:svUAAOSwRJ9XhTAb

I'm tempted to try it as my panel is perfect, zero dead pixels, and this kit would allow overclocking.
    Any thoughts?

I don't have one of these monitors but changing the PCB would be pretty easy if you take your time and make sure all ribbon cables are correctly seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I got the Crossover 34U100 for just 460 and around 124 customs and I'm super impressed with it just incase nobody has came across these yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

laneooo wrote: »
    I got the Crossover 34U100 for just 460 and around 124 customs and I'm super impressed with it just incase nobody has came across these yet.

Damn that does look impressive for the money.

It's a Samsung VA panel as well which is really hard to get normally. VA has the best picture quality I've seen from any LCD display and they got the response time down to 3ms which is great for a VA.

It's just a shame AMD don't really have a great high end card on the market to make use of the Free-Sync. Vega 56-64 aren't bad, just over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

laneooo wrote: »

I've had my Catleap about 4 years now and it's served me very well. I also have a 24" 144 Hz monitor for playing CSGO on.

Would love to upgrade to the 34" curved instead of having two monitors on the desk, very tempted.

Is this the one you got? Or where did you get it from.

• Advertisement

Have my QNIX @ 110hz (120 had a few artifacts so dropped it 10) in perfect condition nearing 5 years, one of the best purchases I've made!

Advertisement