Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I cant watch movies/tv on mine. Theres just something that i dont like about it. Mostly the blb during dark scenes,even though its minimal really it just annoys me when it comes to movies. Also 1080p just does not look great on them imho. I love my movies etc in really good quality and sound so have the PC hooked up to a television as a second monitor and a 5.1 surround for movies/tv and just use the Qnix for gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

EoinHef wrote: »
    I cant watch movies/tv on mine. Theres just something that i dont like about it. Mostly the blb during dark scenes,even though its minimal really it just annoys me when it comes to movies. Also 1080p just does not look great on them imho. I love my movies etc in really good quality and sound so have the PC hooked up to a television as a second monitor and a 5.1 surround for movies/tv and just use the Qnix for gaming

That's usually my exact setup! Just didn't feel like moving last night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Blitz17 wrote: »

1080? ick. :D

Nah looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

€230 on ebay, pretty tempting especially since it's not as demanding as 1440p. A single R9 290 would run games pretty sweet on it.

I'm itching to upgrade.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CrossOver-290M-LG-IPS-LED-2560x1080-QHD-DVI-D-21-9-cineview-29-Computer-Monitor-/221549685874?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item339563ec72

It doesn't look as vibrant as the 1440p ones though. May still opt for a Qnix.

• Advertisement

Odd resolution though, isn't it? I mean if you were watching a 1080p movie on it I imagine it wouldn't scale well?

Looks pretty slick though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah movies and media are annoying, some TV shows and movies are shot in that format though. For games it's just incredible though, particularly simulation and first person shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

BloodBath wrote: »
    €230 on ebay, pretty tempting especially since it's not as demanding as 1440p. A single R9 290 would run games pretty sweet on it.

I'm itching to upgrade.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CrossOver-290M-LG-IPS-LED-2560x1080-QHD-DVI-D-21-9-cineview-29-Computer-Monitor-/221549685874?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item339563ec72

It doesn't look as vibrant as the 1440p ones though. May still opt for a Qnix.

IF anyone goes for this / has gone for this do post about it , looking to pull the trigger on a ridiculous monitor, and this one looks sweeeet

papu wrote: »
    IF anyone goes for this / does go for this do post about it , looking to pull the trigger on a ridiculous monitor, and this one looks sweeeet

I'm kind of tempted :pac:

1440p is wasted on me.. 21:9 seems better for gaming than 1440p does anyway.. Or am I fooling myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm kind of tempted :pac:

1440p is wasted on me.. 21:9 seems better for gaming than 1440p does anyway.. Or am I fooling myself :D

The wider monitors seem like the business for gaming , I've got a big HD TV to watch conventional stuff on . Plus I'll probably end up having a 16:9 second monitor anyway :o

• Advertisement

I'd love to see them side by side for comparison.. Shame I don't know anyone with a 21:9 monitor :(

Something to think about over the next few weeks. Wanna get a new desk and new chair first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah I love the full metal housing although I have my doubts about glass being used for holding the arm.

I really want something with a higher pixel density than my 1080p monitor though and I don't think this will be.

My monitor also suffers from bad cross hatching which drives me mental so I need to be 100% the replacement doesn't have it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

BloodBath wrote: »
    Yeah I love the full metal housing although I have my doubts about glass being used for holding the arm.

I really want something with a higher pixel density than my 1080p monitor though and I don't think this will be.

My monitor also suffers from bad cross hatching which drives me mental so I need to be 100% the replacement doesn't have it either.

There you go, higher pixel density (achieved by making the screen smaller!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM65-P-25IN-25UM65-2560X1080/dp/B00IZ7TUGU/ref=sr_1_20?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1410895585&sr=1-20&keywords=21%3A9

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really really like that Korean 21:9 and price is very nice. In fact, even known brand 21:9 dropped in price nicely.
    I would be very tempted with Korea monitor for that price, but I might hold off for 4k version and 34inch one. AOC launching one of those too, if I heard right.
    I would swap my 3 monitor setup for one of those. I am not sure if 2560x1080 will be enough.

The Red wrote: »

Never heard of the brand but at ~€190 you can't complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Oh, shipping is €70. And I wonder how much is import duty? Still pretty good though...

Hang on, just noticed this! http://www.overclockmonitor.com/used-refurbished-qnix-qx2700led-qhd-2560x1440-gaming-pc-monitor.html

I have a Qnix already... this might be a serious instigator for a money splurge.. 2 more of these!!!! droool..

Its not IPS though. LED.

The Red wrote: »
    Oh, shipping is €70. And I wonder how much is import duty? Still pretty good though...

Hang on, just noticed this! http://www.overclockmonitor.com/used-refurbished-qnix-qx2700led-qhd-2560x1440-gaming-pc-monitor.html

I have a Qnix already... this might be a serious instigator for a money splurge.. 2 more of these!!!! droool..

Its not IPS though. LED.

Dunno if the pictures are doing it a misjustice or what, but the bezel on those looks awful and very big..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've been ruminating on an upgrade for a while.

The ASUS 144hz GSync is about 800 quid so **** that.

What's the story with the 120hz Korean screens?

Are there any stock 120/144hz screens? If not, how reliable is the overclocking and how easy is it to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Gbear wrote: »
    I've been ruminating on an upgrade for a while.

The ASUS 144hz GSync is about 800 quid so **** that.

What's the story with the 120hz Korean screens?

Are there any stock 120/144hz screens? If not, how reliable is the overclocking and how easy is it to do?

In terms of doing it, it's simple. Not sure on how reliable but I believe most people achieve 96-110 here

• Advertisement

I got to 96Hz no problem on a monitor that I was told this was not possible with. 110Hz made things look a little grainy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also got ~90Hz on mine without really trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cally91

Hey guys! Looking for a really cheap 27" preferably hdmi! Doesnt have to be the best monitor but i want one worth buying! Budget is about €150ish! Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cally91 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Looking for a really cheap 27" preferably hdmi! Doesnt have to be the best monitor but i want one worth buying! Budget is about €150ish! Any thoughts?

You're about €100 short of one of these monitors. Maybe post in the Off-topic thread or start a new one.

Just so you don't leave empty handed, Ilyama had a good rep last time I checked, though €150 is a bit light for a 27", it'll get you 24".
    Link

Do a bit of digging for reviews before you buy that, I sure as hell haven't :pac:

Cheers! I might just wait and save for one of these! They seem to be getting good reviews! Only some of them have hdmi tho is there 2 different models? A newer and older?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mines still broken, probably a capacitor on the board, this was not my luckiest online purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Have you guys seen any Korean monitors at 144hz?

Was it broken when u got it? Some sellers on ebay give a warranty.. dunno how reliable they are tho!

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Mines still broken, probably a capacitor on the board, this was not my luckiest online purchase...

I had to replace the board in my QNIX. Some trek that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I've been reading through this thread and trying to hold back from purchasing but thinking that I might pull the trigger to ensure it's here before the new pc arrives.

Bit concerned that some people are mentioning issues with watching Netflix etc. I'm going to bump my own thread on my proposed new pc build. I'm mainly interested in gaming, but thought of occasionally using it as a backup freesat set/for Netflix and sometimes doing this in split screen while doing some actual work. Am it to take it that the QX2710 wouldn't be the way to go for this? I'm working abroad, but customs rate is the same for non-Eu purchases.

So this QNIX would presumably work out at around €300 if caught for tax.

On the other hand I can get this LG29UM65 for €289 as it would be VAT exempt.

What think ye? Would the LG be the safer multimedia option? Or would the QNIX the quality choice?

Advertisement