Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Very nice.

I've tried OCing three 2412Ms now, and the best of them got to 64Hz. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Just got around to overclocking my Qnix QX2710 Evo II, only took about 10 minutes. I was getting intermittent horizontal purple lines across the screen at 120mhz so I dialled it back to 110mhz. Working flawlessly.

Playing Skyrim on ultra with HD textures at 1440p at a rock solid 110fps ..... it's soooooooo smooth!

Do you find much of a difference between 60 and 110? I barely notice it, Skyrim is the only game I find smoother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

In Skyrim I've noticed a big difference. Haven't played anything else since last night, will fire up a few more games today and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Seaaan wrote: »
    Do you find much of a difference between 60 and 110? I barely notice it, Skyrim is the only game I find smoother

Oh my god, its night and day man.

I play BF3/4 on my qnix at 110hz and on mid settings with a hd7970 I get mid 90s to 120 fps. And its amazing. I instantly know when I have forgotten to reset it after a new graphics driver might bring the monitor back to 60hz.

The Red wrote: »
    Oh my god, its night and day man.

I play BF3/4 on my qnix at 110hz and on mid settings with a hd7970 I get mid 90s to 120 fps. And its amazing. I instantly know when I have forgotten to reset it after a new graphics driver might bring the monitor back to 60hz.

Maybe I'm just a peasant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Give yourself to GabeN, be healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Got a qnix from accesssorieswhole a few days ago, overall very happy with it. No dead pixels, small bit of backlight bleed. No customs (yet) either. Have it overclocked to 120hz but the colour seems off. Have it next to a catleap and the colours are nowhere near as vibrant, the whites seem kind of yellow-ish. Anyone have a good colour profile? I tried a few from the overclockers thread but none improved it for me

Maybe I'm just a peasant..

If you are on console you frames are locked so you wont see the buttery smooth bliss of +110 fps. Its breathtaking...

Got a qnix from accesssorieswhole a few days ago, overall very happy with it. No dead pixels, small bit of backlight bleed. No customs (yet) either. Have it overclocked to 120hz but the colour seems off. Have it next to a catleap and the colours are nowhere near as vibrant, the whites seem kind of yellow-ish. Anyone have a good colour profile? I tried a few from the overclockers thread but none improved it for me

I had the same issue with mine. First make sure your refresh rate isnt too high, I could only get mine to 110hz stable, it might effect your display eventually. 2nd. The settings on the monitor are rubbish. Just hold the button to ram the brightness up as far as it will go. I went to my AMD catalyst and tweaked the colour temp and other details. It takes a bit of adjusting, make sure you have something to reference it to, or your eyes will deceive you if you play with it too long.

It is now more vibrant and better colour matched than my LG Flatron beside it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Any sign of 4k 60+hz ips panels yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Finally got the money for monitor upgrade, going to order this friday. Haven't seen many replies to this thread lately, is it still good idea to grab qnix or x-star at this time? I see monitor marked has been changing lately with more offers and latest tech like 1440p and 4k. Still sceptical about buying from Korea with the warranty you get, but the price is nice.
    Will be reading trough this thread again, I remember people mentioning some respectable sellers and some I should stay away from.

My Qnix is still perfect and my seller (greensum) was available to chat and responded quickly when I had questions before and after buying it. Whenever I have the extra money I would love 2 more, for a massive eyefinity display, ill be going back to the same seller for sure. it took 3DAYS to get from Seoul to Westmeath!!!! And in perfect nick. €60 customs.

So ill vouch for Greensum anyway based on my experience.

http://www.ebay.ie/usr/green-sum

storewithstory will mark the value at your request, so there's that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I can vouch for Top_trading for 2 catleaps and accessorieswhole for my qnix

NTMK wrote: »
    I can vouch for Top_trading for 2 catleaps and accessorieswhole for my qnix

Hey NTMK, do you have them all set up together? Any chance of a pic? :D

Thanks, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

storewithstory will mark the value at your request, so there's that

I bought this one from Storewithstory around February. Monitor is perfect, no dead pixels/backlight bleed. Overclocked to 110hz at the click of a button. 2.5 days shipping to Waterford. I have had no reason to try contact the seller so can't comment on that.

I didn't ask him to put a specific price on the shipping label for customs but I only had to pay €17. I know another person on here paid the same but also someone else, maybe Sean I quoted, had to pay about €60 customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Hey NTMK, do you have them all set up together? Any chance of a pic? :D

No unfortunatly one was for a friend, one is at my home place and one is with me in the UK

We did try to do an eyefinity setup but we needed 2 active Display port to dvi adapter @ 80 quid a pop we decided not to :pac:

..Brian.. wrote: »
    I bought this one from Storewithstory around February. Monitor is perfect, no dead pixels/backlight bleed. Overclocked to 110hz at the click of a button. 2.5 days shipping to Waterford. I have had no reason to try contact the seller so can't comment on that.

I didn't ask him to put a specific price on the shipping label for customs but I only had to pay €17. I know another person on here paid the same but also someone else, maybe Sean I quoted, had to pay about €60 customs.

Yes sir. Was held in customs for 36 hours, but otherwise it'd be 2.5 days to Clonmel

Also, very little backlight bleed. 1 dead pixel that's only noticeable on white screens and the bezel is lose from the monitor at the bottom. I'd call it perfect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Green-sum were perfect for me too, good communication, very fast delivery, perfect monitor.

• Advertisement

has anyone got one of those "Multi TRUE10" editions? They seem to claim those are an upgrade, but the price is actually lower. Says "no frame skipping when overclocking" on a tin.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-II-Multi-TRUE10-SE-27-2560x1440-Monitor-Overclockable-/121362628914?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c41c6c132

Looks like a descent deal to me.

Nice, id go for that.

Nice, id go for that.

Thanks, ordered it, will report back if happy/unhappy when it arrives.
    Super excited :)

Just received monitor aaaand blue line across the screen that now has become yellow for some reason. Damnit.... Wasn't the cable, tested with HDMI on 1080p, line is still there. Any ideas?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj8w5f6ddkejs3h/2014-06-25%2012.50.55.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/al6bgwn90xry3il/2014-06-25%2012.51.23.jpg

EDIT: blue line is gone on black background, now it's yellow on white background instead.
    EDIT 2: upon further inspection, it appears that blue color cannot be produced.
    Black background now does not show blue line anymore
    Red and Green background works fine
    Blue background produces very dark line
    White background produces yellow line

Which means RGB leds are working, however Blue channel is not producing light. I do not believe that whole vertical line of blue LED would just die like that, so I think problem could be related to internal board rather than LCD. Will report more findings later on.

Did you pick a seller with free return if DOA?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Going to jump on the bandwagon and order one of these since I'm getting a refund for my lg 1080p ips.

What's the best model and seller to go for at the moment?

What panels are being used in these? Has anyone noticed any cross hatching issues with any of them?

Did you pick a seller with free return if DOA?

Accessorieswhole, already messaged them, but still no answer. Sent them all pictures. Looks like their claim that monitors are 100% checked before shipping is false.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,136 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

raymix wrote: »
    Accessorieswhole, already messaged them, but still no answer. Sent them all pictures. Looks like their claim that monitors are 100% checked before shipping is false.
    Did they get back to you yet?

Did they get back to you yet?

Yeah they offered a partial refund at first, which I did not agree with. So I sent them detailed info of my findings and they are hooking me up directly with Qnix because I'm quite comfortable replacing faulty parts myself.
    I'll report back how it all ends up, the emailing process is quite slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

raymix wrote: »
    Yeah they offered a partial refund at first, which I did not agree with. So I sent them detailed info of my findings and they are hooking me up directly with Qnix because I'm quite comfortable replacing faulty parts myself.
    I'll report back how it all ends up, the emailing process is quite slow.
    I guess for hundreds good ending stories there will be always one with bad ending. It's a shame you had to get it.
    At least they are trying to sort it out for you.

Advertisement