Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    They could've achieved the same thing by just making him Angle's prot.

Yeah but then we wouldn't have this gem;

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

That exchange between Hunter and Kurt before he HHH pedigreed the poor kid.......

HHH: So Kurt, I’m just going to go ahead and assault your injured son in front of you, that cool with you dawg.

Kurt: Oh you go right ahead boss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    That exchange between Hunter and Kurt before he HHH pedigreed the poor kid.......

HHH: So Kurt, I’m just going to go ahead and assault your injured son in front of you, that cool with you dawg.

Well I guess there is some tension on team raw now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Yeah, maybe it was just me, but how it was played out looked ridiculous. It looked like Kurt just gave him the nod to go ahead and assault his son.

CAN THEY CO-EXIST?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Me_Grapes wrote: »

I enjoyed the fans calling for the Pedigree :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jordan is basically Rocky Maivia before he turned into The Rock

Crowd will absolute destroy him. X Pac heat 101

If only that was the path Jordan was on!!

That promo was painful. They shat on him worse than they've shat on Bayley with that pedigree, but at least this got a laugh. :P

I wonder how Trips felt sh1tting on one of his proteges like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No better way to motivate your General Manager than by attacking his son in front of his own eyes. That should be a big boost for team morale.

I feel sorry for Jordan because I think the guy ticks a lot of boxes. He has a good look, he's good in the ring, he's only 29, he has a legit background and seems to be a good pro. It's just a shame they have saddled a promising guy with such a lame gimmick. I don't believe anyone could have gotten this storyline over and I hope what happened on Raw leads to a heel turn.

The only way I can see of salvaging this is to have it be revealed that Jordan concocted the whole 'I'm your son' shtick. Booker always buries Jordan on commentary so have it be revealed that Booker somehow knew Jordan was making this up but he kept quiet because he didn't want to be a snitch. Then have Booker turn heel and get him off commentary (another win) and stick him as Jordan's manager for a while. Let the pair of them be a heel combo.

This storyline just cannot work as it is because everyone knows it's BS. Let Jordan explain that when his mother told him she and Kurt were involved in college, his mind hit upon a plan to send his career to the very top. If they keep trying to pass this off as a legit father-son relationship it will wind up being bad for both Jordan and Kurt.

Save that stuff for Around the Horn MNG!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If Jordan does turn won't he be fully entitled to?
    Usually machete mouth Stephanie with the typical burying guys with the use of plotholes & poor scripting of the storylines.
    I wish Angle told her to just f**k off & they played his music. (end of segment)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Heyman's put down of that fan was so good on so many levels; from Brock the jock feeding the line to Heyman off mic to Heyman's smarmy facial expressions while delivering the line.

GOLD.

I was off work today so last night I said I'd give the first hour or 2 of raw a watch. I actually turned it off when Stephanie McMahon's music played.

In 20 years watching WWE I don't think anyone else has made me do that so congrats to her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kurt has been standing like that for a long time. Like he's partially sitting on a bar stool.

It does seem they're reacting to the Jason Jordan thing by turning him.

So HHH will be in there with how many of his NXT guys? Joe, Balor, Nakamura, Roode and Strowman (Though he didn't compete onscreen)

Will any of the women ever take on Steph? That would be a great way to get people behind Bayley

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Heyman kills it.
    She said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone think Kurt might be turning? Let's be honest, his best work was as a heel, and I just can't think of any other way to justify how utterly wimpish he's been for the last few weeks. Like standing their watching your injured son get pedigreed, wtf!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone think Kurt might be turning? Let's be honest, his best work was as a heel, and I just can't think of any other way to justify how utterly wimpish he's been for the last few weeks. Like standing their watching your injured son get pedigreed, wtf!?

Feels that way but it seems his breaking point will be to sabotage team raw and attack hhh, Steph freaks at him then he angle slams her but that would make him even more of a face

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Neil3030 wrote:

I think it would be a hard sell at this point in his career to be honest. People want to cheer for him, not against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Necrominus wrote: »
    I think it would be a hard sell at this point in his career to be honest. People want to cheer for him, not against him.

I'd usually agree, but goddamit he was just such a great heel, I wouldn't put it past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,890 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finn Vs. Joe tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I bet Steph and Triple H knw the truth about Jason Jordon and will use it too frustrate Angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New
    Intercontinental Champion
    crowned,
    guess last night was The Miz being written out ahead of his becoming a father

But of all
    the people to win it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New
    Intercontinental Champion
    crowned,
    guess last night was The Miz being written out ahead of his becoming a father

But of all
    the people to win it

Woke up this morning, saw the notification from the WWE app, and just said "Bollocks."

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kurt you are the GM.

Kurt you don't have the authority to make that match.

Maybe Steph really did cut off his balls the way he stands and walks these days might just be down to that.

What's the point of having a GM if Steph makes all the matches anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

That episode was a pile of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The acting on Raw is worse than kids in a nativity play.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Paige got a bigger reaction than I thought she would. She milked it too, in a good way.

Haven't a clue about the NXT girls. The blonde looks like a living Barbie doll though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

J. Marston wrote: »
    Paige got a bigger reaction than I thought she would. She milked it too, in a good way.

Haven't a clue about the NXT girls. The blonde looks like a living Barbie doll though.

I know the Sonya one as the MMA lady who isn't Shayna Baszler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't get Paige, tell me what is good about her? I reckon once that movie is done and gone she will be out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't get Paige, tell me what is good about her? I reckon once that movie is done and gone she will be out the door.

She's nothing special really but she's no worse than Sasha/Bayley in the ring and judging by the promo last night, she is far better on the mic than either of those two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paige was a right time, right place character. Her anti-diva gimmick worked cause when she debuted, they had a load of generic models and such in place. She was also easily one of the best because the others were all so bad.

The problem now is she really isn't that special in terms of character or in ring ability, due to the NXT women coming through. Putting two lackies with here was a very smart move though since it gives her something to make her stand out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement