Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I dont mind Miz losing the IC title if it means he gets a go at Lesnar and his title (Miz Vs. Heyman could be gold) but why did Reigns get a IC title match and what next the women's title for him

Am the only one not wanting to see Angle Vs. HHH again

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apparently casuals want to see it :confused:
    I don't anyway as both are physically shot; especially Kurt. Clearly WWE still view HHH as a special attraction as they have lined up around 3 or 4 programs for him after Survivor Series.
    His run with Rollins was so drawn out and tedious; the long build was never, ever, ever going to be worth the payoff which was forgotten in minutes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

:( This was always bounced around for a Kurt's return and I've even less enthusiasm for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paige looks like she got everything inflated while away.

Still a very average and boring wrestler for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If we were back in the mid 00's I could get on board with Angle vs HHH. Not in 2017 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Reigns getting the IC title is no shock. The Shield is working for him currently. He was barely booed. He's still fúcked once they split again, but sure.

Paige is sh. Always have been. And arrogant on top of it. There's nothing redeeming about her as a performer. Worse than Steph for me for making me want to switch over.

Angle finally fired up, which was before time. However, he still never referenced Jason Jordan after he just stood there last week. I will say though, I have absolutely no interest in seeing Angle/HHH. None. One old man against a broken old man. No thanks.

Brawn is on fire. He's been booked so perfectly it's a miracle those dozens of writers haven't managed to fúck him up yet.

A meh Raw. But sure, that's normal enough at this stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Balor loses clean to Joe and Vince wonders why he isn't over enough... :rolleyes:

Yet he gives the Intercontinental Title to Reigns because he needs him to get over.

Oh Vince you son of a....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I dont mind Miz losing the IC title if it means he gets a go at Lesnar and his title (Miz Vs. Heyman could be gold) but why did Reigns get a IC title match and what next the women's title for him

I believe that the Miz is going to invoke a rematch clause shortly and get badly damaged before he takes a few months paternity leave.

As to why Roman, well Rollins and Ambrose are going for tag titles so Roman can't be left behind. Eventually he will lose the ic title and that will feed into the breakup of the shield. Either Rollins and Ambrose (tag champions) turn on Reigns for dragging the shield down or Reigns turns on the other two for being missing when he gets cheated out of his titles.

AT least I hope there is a storyline planned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seems kinda mad that Cena isn't a grand slam champion at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »
    Balor loses clean to Joe and Vince wonders why he isn't over enough... :rolleyes:

Yet he gives the Intercontinental Title to Reigns because he needs him to get over.

Oh Vince you son of a....

A feud with Miz would actually be a good idea for Balor. He obviously has a personality problem but I feel Miz has helped others bring out a part of his character.
    On the upside for Finn; his storyline with Bray disappeared and we didn't get to see him tangle with a large man in drag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ERG89 wrote: »
    A feud with Miz would actually be a good idea for Balor. He obviously has a personality problem but I feel Miz has helped others bring out a part of his character.
    On the upside for Finn; his storyline with Bray disappeared and we didn't get to see him tangle with a large man in drag

I thought when Finn went to the top rope (the last time) we were gonna get Bray Wyatt's music thing to hit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno why, out of all the women on NXT, that they went for those 2. Can't even remember the last time I saw Mandy. Vince must've asked Paul for a couple of women and he just gave ones that weren't doing much in NXT.
    So all those women come out wanting a title shot and Asuka wasn't among them?

Once the match was made, it was obvious Reigns was going to win. Wonder were the fans cheering because he won or because they got to see a title change hands

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised at the hostility towards Paige. I think she's a good asset to the roster. She stands out and is different. You can't argue with that pop. That was way more than most of those women returning would get and I don't believe it has anything to do with that tape, I think it's because she brings something unique to the table.

And I loved seeing Reigns getting the title. There is this bizarre myth that Miz brings prestige to the IC Title when as far as I can make out the evidence is the precise opposite; no one gave a damn about his match with Corbin at Survivor Series, his programs with Jason Jordan and Dean Ambrose were very dull, and every Miz TV segment that I see bores me to tears. He is a good talker but the IC Title is just a midcard prop in his hands. Now hopefully that title will start to truly mean something as the US Title did when Cena got it. Good to see how over Reigns was too.

I find it funny too that people continue to rage on Reigns who consistently delivers very good performances like last night, and yet are enamoured with Strowman who looked very bad vs Lesnar a few months ago, looked very bad in his brawls with Kane, and seems to me to be worse than Reigns in every department. Amazing how starting out as a heel, and not having the pressure of being the company's chosen one can alter people's perceptions.

I thought Angle looked poor in the opening of the show. "If you ever kick my ass again, next time you'll be sorry" was the main thrust of the promo from what I could see. Having said that, I did expect Steph to be all over this show and she wasn't so that was a positive.

Poor Finn looks to be in upper mid-card land now but that was always going to be likely after the way they had Kane annihilate him a month ago. That was a very bad idea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Surprised at the hostility towards Paige. I think she's a good asset to the roster. She stands out and is different. You can't argue with that pop. That was way more than most of those women returning would get and I don't believe it has anything to do with that tape, I think it's because she brings something unique to the table.

Yeah I agree re: Paige. For months the women's division has been stale on RAW, really going nowhere but around in a circle between Alexa, Bayley and Sasha. This was new and might in time help Bayley (although I think that ship has sailed due to crap booking of every single face in WWE).

Just on your Braun point. It's more a terrible indictment of the booking team that time and time again heels prosper and get over big time while the major faces (Roman, Bayley, and of course the man who started it all, John Cena) get booed to high heaven.

Look at Balor on Raw and Roode on Smackdown (who should be a heel btw). They give them nothing to work with other than flashy entrances and the heels get all the mic time.

Ziggler with his 50 different entrances.
    Bray with his cross dressing.
    The two faces simply show up and say 'I'm gonna beat you because I'm good and you're bad, hur dur derp' and it makes them look stupid. Who is gonna cheer for stupid?

Long gone are the days of Rock, Austin, Jericho etc tearing strips off the bad guys and giving us a reason to root for them.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just on your Braun point. It's more a terrible indictment of the booking team that time and time again heels prosper and get over big time while the major faces (Roman, Bayley, and of course the man who started it all, John Cena) get booed to high heaven.

Look at Balor on Raw and Roode on Smackdown (who should be a heel btw). They give them nothing to work with other than flashy entrances and the heels get all the mic time.

Ziggler with his 50 different entrances.
    Bray with his cross dressing.
    The two faces simply show up and say 'I'm gonna beat you because I'm good and you're bad, hur dur derp' and it makes them look stupid. Who is gonna cheer for stupid?

Long gone are the days of Rock, Austin, Jericho etc tearing strips off the bad guys and giving us a reason to root for them.

That's very true. Their booking of babyfaces is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Opening segment and Everybody wants a piece of Triple H, have i just woke up in 1997

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Pretty sad to hear the crowd shout "one more time" after Paige nailed Bayley. Taking nothing away from Paige's return which was great for me anyway, but can't comprehend how we've got to this stage with Bayley.

I think she is unfortunately the best example of NXT inflating people. She never had the ability to make this gimmick work like Gargano and Bryan could. It's awful to watch someone who seems like a genuinely decent and nice person be sent out there week after week to an increasingly hostile crowd.

I think we can forget about Balor after last night, good matches is not going to do anything for him now, his demon gimmick was all he had in NXT and now he's just a normal guy who stupidly tugs at his leather jacket when he walks out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The kendo stick stuff with Alexa finished Bayley for good. She was struggling before that but that feud killed her off. The "Heeey Bayley" chants she got in the UK meant nothing as that was just Manchester smelling their own farts.

I'm all for Paige's return because she can at least sound slightly natural on the mic. I can't tolerate Sasha speaking (why does she leave a letter off the end of every word she says?) and Bayley is a deer in the headlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

They should give Matt Hardy his own entrance graphic and old theme music since Jeff is out for awhile.

I see from RAW fallout video that he is still teasing broken gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Hardys are dead in the water, such a huge waste. They were such a great team this time last year, now they're just two guys on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The Hardys are dead in the water, such a huge waste. They were such a great team this time last year, now they're just two guys on the roster.

Not capitalizing on the broken gimmick killed it, not sure because of the ownership rights or the fact that Vince had no part in creating it therefore he hates it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hococop wrote: »
    Not capitalizing on the broken gimmick killed it, not sure because of the ownership rights or the fact that Vince had no part in creating it therefore he hates it

Bit of both i think.

Revival getting injured twice didnt help as it postponed the feud twice then jeff getting injured matt is just lost in the shuffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

Woah Paige looks rough... is she’s meant to have Joker make up or something?

Hococop wrote: »

Matt can't use the character and if he goes to court over it then it will likely take years to resolve. A shame because that character was arguably the most original and interesting one of this decade.

A shame because that character was arguably the most original and interesting one of this decade.

It is, but i posted about it somewhere here when the hardys returned, its not a vince creation so i could not see it going anywhere, sure they'd use it for a while but then vince would start tweaking it here and there and before matt knows it, he's back in lower mid card while jeff is pushed as a main eventer, although that didnt happen due to his injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You'd imagine there'd be some space between "Broken" and "Jobber". Like, Matt showed he has a great creative mind and can carry good stories. And they aren't even trying to find an alternative...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Krooshma wrote: »
    Woah Paige looks rough... is she’s meant to have Joker make up or something?

Ultra goth or something. Thought they could've made the comeback a bit better. And maybe dropped in the hairdryer pop. Crowd were dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Nal wrote: »
    Ultra goth or something. Thought they could've made the comeback a bit better. And maybe dropped in the hairdryer pop. Crowd were dead.

You think? I thought she got a big pop. Even got some "Yes" and "Welcome Back" chants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement