Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe that the Miz is going to invoke a rematch clause shortly and get badly damaged before he takes a few months paternity leave.

No Miz tonight if he off filming another Marine film

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raw's next PPV will be Royal Rumble. Two months of filler begins tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

For once I wished balor would sprint down to the ring with some urgency about him. Would have been perfect there against Kane to run down for the save but no, still took half an hour to stroll down all the while flicking his collar. If he's in the royal rumble it'll be over by the time he makes it to the ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Damn Balor is really looking a chump lately, AJ Styles match aside. What good has he done since returning after injury. A Horrible Bray feud, been made to look weak by Kane, been beaten by Samoa Joe etc..... I wouldn't be surprised if h's flung out early in Royal Rumble and gets a WM match with Kane as the Demon to get his payback lol. Maybe a move to Smackdown might be good but seen as Vince is still around I wouldn't be surprised if he's jobbing to Corbin and the likes. Deserves better but that's WWE for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Burned through Raw in 15 minutes.

A few interesting moments but not a great show overall.

Interesting they seem to finally be doing something with Matt Hardy, but it might be too late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looper007 wrote: »
    Damn Balor is really looking a chump lately, AJ Styles match aside. What good has he done since returning after injury. A Horrible Bray feud, been made to look weak by Kane, been beaten by Samoa Joe etc..... I wouldn't be surprised if h's flung out early in Royal Rumble and gets a WM match with Kane as the Demon to get his payback lol. Maybe a move to Smackdown might be good but seen as Vince is still around I wouldn't be surprised if he's jobbing to Corbin and the likes. Deserves better but that's WWE for you.

Is he too small for RAW?, It also has a stacked roster. Brock is champ. Braun is there. RAW is where the legends/part timers turn up (Angle, Kane, Triple H etc).Bigger guys like Bray, Joe. RAW has The Shield boys as well.

Better off on Smackdown for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm generally a pretty big Kane apologist, but fecking hell, stop having him batter Finn. Is it any wonder Vince is convinced Finn isn't over if this is what they do to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DM_7 wrote: »
    RAW has The Shield boys as well.

Is he much smaller than Ambrose or Rollins? Not really.
    They had him beat Reigns and Styles too so its not like he isn't allowed beat names either. He's not clicked with fans since the injury that is his big issue, WWE are never enamoured with those who get injuries too.

Angron wrote: »
    Is it any wonder Vince is convinced Finn isn't over if this is what they do to him?

Did Cole say tweet that afterwards?? :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is he much smaller than Ambrose or Rollins? Not really.
    They had him beat Reigns and Styles too so its not like he isn't allowed beat names either. He's not clicked with fans since the injury that is his big issue, WWE are never enamoured with those who get injuries too.

Did Cole say tweet that afterwards?? :pac::pac:

For Ambrose and Rollins, they are already upper card guys, who are ahead of him. They can compete with a Braun for a spot but Finn is behind them. On RAW is he going to get a good place on the card ahead of Ambrose and Rollins in the build up to Mania or ahead of the legends or the bigger lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balor's next shirt will be the rip off of Brother Love's

I USED to Be Over.

Till They Put Me Under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Balor's next shirt will be the rip off of Brother Love's

I USED to Be Over.

Till They Put Me Under.

With a "Who booked this ****?" on the back.

Is he too small for RAW?, It also has a stacked roster. Brock is champ. Braun is there. RAW is where the legends/part timers turn up (Angle, Kane, Triple H etc).Bigger guys like Bray, Joe. RAW has The Shield boys as well.

Doesn't excuse the shoddy booking of him. I understand not having him go over the likes of Braun, Brock or Reigns (although he did beat him on his debut), they are the only guys who are booked right. But having be beat by Kane constantly and Bray is shocking. WWE are really awful at booking a babyface if it isn't Reigns or Braun.

I don't get the misuse of Finn, the guy has big star written all over him. He's great in the ring, got the looks. Okay he's not great on the mic and he's not 6ft 5 but Bryan, Styles and Punk have broken down that barrier in recent years. Ever since his return from injury, he just seems to be lost in the pack.

A move to Smackdown might give him a better chance, but whats not to say that with Vince he feeds him to some of his chosen ones on Smackdown. You can tell that Vince isn't a fan, plus once even the Demon gimmick can't save him he's in trouble.

For Ambrose and Rollins, they are already upper card guys, who are ahead of him. They can compete with a Braun for a spot but Finn is behind them. On RAW is he going to get a good place on the card ahead of Ambrose and Rollins in the build up to Mania or ahead of the legends or the bigger lads?

I think his time on Raw is done. Him and Bayley probably need a move to the blue side badly.

I'd be very surprised with the way he's been booked right now, if he get on the main card of WM. If they have one of those crazy ladder matches for the IC title or a thrown together tag matches to get a few guys on the card, he might have a chance. A match with Kane as the demon gimmick at WM might be his best chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kane needs to move to a retirement home.

With any luck, he'll win that mayoral election and have to be Glenn Jacobs full-time.

Cannot stand the sight of Kane in WWE anymore. Awful attire, awful wig, awful belly. Just fúcking awful.

I doubt Kane would have received 1% of votes in that poll that Finn won. Yet the WWE bubble has him as a top guy still. It's the weirdest company on earth.

The tepid reaction for Broken Matt was a bit sad. 8 or 9 months ago it would've got big reaction but now it's just like "Oh yeah, he did that thing before..."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought the idea when Finn's music hit he was gonna hit the ring and go for Kane , Why would it be turned into a match. Then to have Kane once again destroy him was ridiculous .

Id love if they took him off TV till say the Rumble , have him return and win(i know it would never happen) but instead of going for the Universal title he goes for the WWE Title so we get Finn vs AJ II at WM , You could have AJ beat him if need be which leads to one more rubber match between the two where we get a heel Finn (even through in Gallows/Anderson to create the Bullet Club) and which leads Finn to winning the title.

Now that will never happen but :pac::pac:

I need AJ/Nakamura at Mania, would be way better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I need AJ/Nakamura at Mania, would be way better.

Not the way Nakamura has been performing recently in WWE.

• Advertisement

He's been working with trash to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nakamaura always peaked for the big shows and taken it easier on smaller shows but give him AJ at mania and he will bring it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,159 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    The tepid reaction for Broken Matt was a bit sad. 8 or 9 months ago it would've got big reaction but now it's just like "Oh yeah, he did that thing before..."

****ing wwe and there booking. Can see this broken matt stuff falling apart now unless were all surprised

can see Nakamura or Reigns winning the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Matt making the delete sign in the corner to a near dead reaction is everything i taught would happen, even if they use it, its going nowhere, he may just hope when jeff comes back, he doesnt get pushed as a singles star, which i think he will

As for the rest of the show, absolutely pointless apart from Samoa Joe, just keep letting him run through people i say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Samoa Joe, just keep letting him run through people i say

He's Reigns' next feed and that'll be that

He's Reigns' next feed and that'll be that

Probably, unless the 29 rumble entrants are his next feed instead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Probably, unless the 29 rumble entrants are his next feed instead

One versus all

Reigns winning another Rumble does sweet fa for him, and sweet fa to elevate him, if he's to face Brock then whoever is facing the WWE champion on SD should win the Rumble (please be Nakamura)

One versus all

Reigns winning another Rumble does sweet fa for him, and sweet fa to elevate him, if he's to face Brock then whoever is facing the WWE champion on SD should win the Rumble (please be Nakamura)

I couldnt agree more, im just thinking as its raw, vince might want brocks opponent to have the toughest route to mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,159 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One versus all

Shane McMahon winning the rumble or Daniel Bryan (if he gets cleared). KO winning would be Ok. hope it's not someone like Orton or Mahel. Nakamura would be good but even better if AJ is still wwe champ

on the Raw side we have Reigns, Joe, Kane (sadly) or Strowman capable of winning but other guys like Elias, Finn, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Sheamus too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Paige's promo was absolutely terrible. No heat for any of it & with all the delivery of a wet sock.
    Even worst than Bray's which is an achievement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement