Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will u be watching the Xmas night/Stephens day morning edition of Raw which is a live episode (vince really doesnt want his stars to have a life) ???

dont really do much xmas night so prob will watch it myself, im expecting something major to happen as its a bigish deal

Skip it one night a year, and go out Christmas drinking. You won't miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He’d be doing well to go out drinking on Christmas night in Ireland. Not to say he couldn’t stay in drinking. In fact that’s probably advisable before watching Raw that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote:
    I expect a street fight on 34th street tho.

Good Santa vs Bad Santa 2, a MizTV Christmas Special, guaranteed sh*t match with the morons on Southpaw wrestling, long multi-man cruiserweight match, Mick Foley dressing up as Santa with his fame hungry daughter & a secret Santa segment.
    Can't wait, your move Smackdown. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ERG89 wrote: »
    Good Santa vs Bad Santa 2, a MizTV Christmas Special, guaranteed sh*t match with the morons on Southpaw wrestling, long multi-man cruiserweight match, Mick Foley dressing up as Santa with his fame hungry daughter & a secret Santa segment.

we can't forget the pointless backstage party segment

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ERG89 wrote: »

we can't forget the pointless backstage party segment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep it’s going to be bad I doubt anything memorable will happen. It’s goung to be very missable.

I expect a street fight on 34th street tho.

Probably a dud as most Raws are these days.

However they had a cracking episode a few years on Xmas eve where Del Rio ran down Santa and wrestled Cena on a miracle on 34th match. Everyone hammed the hell out of it that night especially Cena and ADR who somehow managed to keep straight faces, sadly it was a one off as xmas shows since then have been dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just a heads up for anyone who has Raw and Smackdown on a Sky series link. They've changed channel this week and the series link hasn't carried over.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone who has Raw and Smackdown on a Sky series link. They've changed channel this week and the series link hasn't carried over.

Good spot mate, cheers.

It's the same for Smackdown tomorrow night. 408 has become Sky Darts for a few weeks while the darts world championship is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

F**k sake lads why did ye tell me.

I'd have got so much more entertainment out of the watching the darts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Every time I see Angle in the ring standing like that it kind of scares me that he really isn’t healthy enough to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Woman's Royal Rumble announced in the worst segment of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Oul Steph can't help herself.

That's why I can't stand Stephanie McMahon. You can't have it both ways. Being a heel and making everyone look like an idiot most of the time but then makes these announcements in a babyface fashion.

Looking to get the yes chant going aswell :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

She's by far the worst of the McMahons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's the worst authority figure ever. Worse than Adamle, worse than any guest host and worse than that fúcking laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Angron wrote: »
    She's by far the worst of the McMahons.

That would be Linda.

Anyone, male or female, who sells a stunner like this shouldn't be on telly.

672c7f7666434421dfa76f39a270c9e5

The Nal wrote: »
    That would be Linda.

Anyone?? :P

tumblr_o3g75qp7aU1sbzhteo1_400.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That would be Linda.

At least Linda has the decency to not appear too often, so her ****tiness is fairly contained. Can't remember the last time she was on TV.

Angron wrote:
    At least Linda has the decency to not appear too often, so her ****tiness is fairly contained. Can't remember the last time she was on TV.

When she does she doesn't wear big high heels to tower over women or completely emasculate others with the audience knowing that there won't be any comeuppance for her actions.
    Linda you get strange, almost alien acting & deadpan delivery like she is reading death notices on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Steph can fúck off. What business does she have announcing that? She's a heel authority figure. Just let Kurt do it, for the love of Christ. You don't have to keep trying to take credit for the 'Women's Revolution'. Just fúck off away from my screen.

Matt Hardy annoyed me again. He's now just a weird guy.

Kane in the Main Event of the Royal Rumble just makes me want to cry. I get that someone has to take the pin, but I'm done with him. in 2017, we still have a company obsessed with getting big guys in the ring, and they think this is the best show they can put on last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Back in the day, before Regal got done for drugs, he was a great Authority figure on RAW. Someone who was believably in charge without the McMahon name.

Wish they went back to that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SlickRic wrote: »
    Kane in the Main Event of the Royal Rumble just makes me want to cry. I get that someone has to take the pin, but I'm done with him. in 2017, we still have a company obsessed with getting big guys in the ring, and they think this is the best show they can put on last.

On that, the Rumble is THE main event. They have a habit of having lesser matches for the titles on the Rumble, and I've no issues with Kane there IF he is there to take a pinfall and protect Strowman.

The Steph thing, particularly begging the crowd to start chanting YES, is just....ugh.

I'm hoping we get Heath Slater back with a storyline. He always amuses me when they bother to give him something to do.

Revival back, YEAY! No entrance, boo :(

Hideo debuting to help Finn outside of the 205 division was surprising, but I thought he looked really good in the match. Him and Finn together as a team could actually give Finn some direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think finn is waiting on miz to get back to feud with him as it only really makes sense to why hes beating bo and axel each week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That would be Linda.

Linda didn't make people stop watching when she came on screen.

SlickRic wrote: »

Done with Strowman as a main eventer too. Still just a big angry guy, same character we've had since the 1950s, already lost easily to Lesnar aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder how big the women's Rumble will be. I'm guessing 20 women between the two brands, NXT and surprise returns? Between that and the men's Rumble, that's two thirds of the show booked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

they could feel the 30 spots with the nxt women and a few surprises id say they will be throwing money at awesome kong with the GLOW connection and the standoff with nia jax

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stat someone posted on Reddit...
    In the past five months, Seth Rollins has fought Cesaro or Sheamus on 78% of televised Raw events.

Going back to the Raw of July 31, there have been 23 Raw events. This includes SummerSlam, No Mercy, TLC, Survivor Series, and Tribute for Troops.

Seth Rollins has fought Cesaro or Sheamus on 18 of these shows.

Feud has been beaten to death.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stat someone posted on Reddit...

Feud has been beaten to death.

Shows how little they have storyline wise for anyone who isn’t Roman or a McMahon.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Shows how little they have storyline wise for anyone who isn’t Roman or a McMahon.

The characters haven't changed in years, decades in cases. Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Sheamus, Cesaro, Cena, Strowman, Orton, Finn, Miz etc have been the same character forever, outside of the odd heel turn.

Any of the greats - Austin, Hogan, Rock, HBK, HHH, Bret, Taker, Sting, Hall, Nash etc all changed characters somewhat at some stage.

And more importantly were allowed to cut their own promos to some degree which impacted the character. What we've been seeing over the last decade is the equivalent of the XFactor winner. Heres a song, sing it and shut up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement