Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So if someone took a dislike to you for whatever reason,you'd be ok with a consorted social media/anon message board campaign targeting your children??

TBC I wouldn't

Were you talking to his dad?
    Because I have never heard from him speaking out when his son was locked up? Or ever.
    Not sure what you're post is about tbh,don't know what is the point from some posters now...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

bajer101 wrote: »
    deco nate wrote: »
    I have heard about this, all over the radio for 2 days. Hope the kids are OK. But I have not seen it on the tv news

How is it that children who are abducted aren't given any airtime? Givyjoe, or whatever your name is, why aren't you protesting that case? Is it that in the far left top trumps, being brown and belonging to a minority religion wins all?
    Why are you directing this at me exactly?

What has it got to do with halawa?

Why are you making assumptions that I'm one of these lefties I keep seeing mentioned, you know nothing about me other than I believe innocent people shouldn't be locked up for four years. Is that what leftist people believe?

I'm sure I could throw some random unrelated question at you regarding some actual criminals you could be worrying about, instead of halawa, but it would be completely irrelevant to this thread wouldn't it? Go open a thread on the children you're talking about if you are concerned, I'm not, nor am I concerned about halawa himself or his family. I simply disagree with those who believe this lad to be some kind of security risk

Read what was quoted for context....poster said he didn't mind the kid....just had issue with the father (from what I took from it :O )

Please explain, I don't understand.

givyjoe wrote: »

Why are you making assumptions that I'm one of these lefties I keep seeing mentioned, you know nothing about me other than I believe innocent people shouldn't be locked up for four years. Is that what leftist people believe?

I'm sure I could throw some random unrelated question at you regarding some actual criminals you could be worrying about, instead of halawa, but it would be completely irrelevant to this thread wouldn't it? Go open a thread on the children you're talking about if you are concerned, I'm not, nor am I concerned about halawa himself or his family.

What are you trying to do?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Were you talking to his dad?
    Because I have never heard from him speaking out when his son was locked up? Or ever.
    Not sure what you're post is about tbh,don't know what is the point from some posters now...?

I'm referring to his post here:

>>Do you really think that all us haters are just being racist against a 17 year old? It's the father and his MB Islamist beliefs that are the issue and always have been<<
    (Can't recall who posted this orginally)

^^^im quering how it's ok to target this young lad over (probably valid) issues of his father's beliefs.....imo everyone should stand on their own merit

I don't know enough about his ould lad to comment either way on his beliefs.?

• Advertisement

I'm sure I could throw some random unrelated question at you regarding some actual criminals you could be worrying about, instead of halawa, but it would be completely irrelevant to this thread wouldn't it? Go open a thread on the children you're talking about if you are concerned, I'm not, nor am I concerned about halawa himself or his family.

What are you trying to do?!
    Replying to a poster who for some reason felt the need to call me out to comment on two kids, unrelated to this thread.

Its not really clear what you're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I'm actually delighted about that Late Late Show interview. It's the father and his nonsensical beliefs. Great. Can we now dance that **** into oblivion.

And let it be known that it has no place in Ireland.

Replying to a poster who for some reason felt the need to call me out to comment on two kids, unrelated to this thread.

Its not really clear what you're asking.

It's really clear what I was asking. Just like all your posts you are again trying derail this thread yet again

It's really clear what I was asking. Just like all your posts you are again trying derail this thread yet again

I have literally no idea what you are talking about, you asked 'what am I trying to do'. I'd no.idea what you were on about. Ive made nothing but honest attempts at a debate. If you have a question for me, ask it and I'll answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I'm actually delighted about that Late Late Show interview. It's the father and his nonsensical beliefs. Great. Can we now dance that **** into oblivion.

Yep...really came across as a young lad railroaded by his father into everything he did.

The interview was perfect for exposing his families links to Islamism through clonskeagh mosque.
    The real problem is the imam of clonskeagh mosque,funnily enough I think Ibrahim isn't all that enamoured by his father's beliefs.

I kinda agree. It took a 17 year old being locked up to expose the nonsense of Islamism in Ireland. Great. They can fück off with that ****e now.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about, you asked 'what am I trying to do'. I'd no.idea what you were on about. Ive made nothing but honest attempts at a debate. If you have a question for me, ask it and I'll answer.
    I will not bite to you're *clickbate *5/10*for trying yet again.

Clonskeagh Mosque! It is already under investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭2wsxcde3

Ibrahims denial of being a supporter of the muslim brotherhood (on the Late Late show) can be summed up in one word:

Taqiya

Taqiya is a principal in Islam where if you are a muslim in a country where muslims are a minority, you can lie about your beliefs in order to avoid persecution and aid the spread of islam. Ibrahim had to deny being a supporter of the muslim brotherhood in order to avoid persecution (for holding that belief) in Ireland, therefore he was free to deny being a supporter of the muslim brotherhood.

Ibrahim came across as someone that was extremely coached in what to say in his interview. He made sure to call anyone who disagrees with him a racist (always a good card to play), and compared his family in Egypt as being like Irish-american families in America. Brilliantly done. And there was more if you watch it.

Ibrahim is now going to be a supporter of homeless people and people wrongly jailed. This will provide good PR for islam in ireland, aiding the future islamization of Ireland. Good strategy from the Clonskeagh mosque. Ibrahim will be the "nice" face of Islam while others in the Clonskeagh mosque (like Ali Selim) will be riding off the back of this to push for things like the recognition of polygamy in Ireland:

‘Debate needed’ on polygamous immigrant families

You got to hand it to them, they are a smart bunch in the Clonskeagh mosque. Smart that is except for their bonkers belief in Islam and Allah.

^^^^^...that would explain a lot but for now I'll give Ibrahim the benefit of the doubt and say his aul boy pushed him into something he wasn't all that into.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

gitzy16v wrote: »
    ^^^^^...that would explain a lot but for now I'll give Ibrahim the benefit of the doubt and say his aul boy pushed him into something he wasn't all that into.

If that is so do you think the sisters are about to become secular humanists?

quintana76 wrote: »
    If that is so do you think the sisters are about to become secular humanists?

I've much less trust in the sisters for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭2wsxcde3

dav3 wrote: »
    He has been acquitted of all charges

The case was interfered with by both Enda Kenny and Leo Varadkar. It was so interfered with that the Egyptian President Sisi agreed to release Ibrahim MONTHS BEFORE the verdict was even announced in the trial.

Because of this, the Egyptians obviously couldn't find Ibrahim guilty and then release him home. It would make a mockery of the justice system. Because of Sisi's forced promise, Ibrahim had to be found not guilty.

After tonight's interview. It's the father who is to blame.

• Advertisement

I think Hussein Halawa sent his 17 year old son to Egypt to support the Muslim Brotherhood.

I also think that that the claims that Ibrahim has been libelled either here, or on The Journal is nonsense

He was there at the behest of his father supporting the MB. My details are on record. Sue me if I'm wrong.

Givyjoe, do you think Islamism is a bad thing? Just a yes or no please.

I'd say all attention on the Clonskeagh Mosque is rather unwelcome. Bit like when Gilligan caused CAB to come about. FFS Ibrahim, this was our central financial hub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Who are Ibrahims friends who were killed..he was never in Egypt before ?

Ibrahim sister disn't come across as in anyway greatful to the Irish government.

I took his flippant comment about returning to college he was laughing it off as in me in college sure I'm a celebrity.

Looking back at the interview, the videos were the killer blow. Is it possible that the Halawa people were so obsessed with keeping questions about the father off the script, that they forgot to censor those videos? Fair play to Tubs. He wasn't buying the nonsense and exposed it as much as he was allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

littelady wrote: »
    Ibrahim sister disn't come across as in anyway greatful to the Irish government.

Sure arent they suing the irish state because of visa applications of their partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

littelady wrote:
    Who are Ibrahims friends who were killed..he was never in Egypt before ?

He went every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

dav3 wrote: »
    Any chance he could be asked the questions that us rational critics have requested be asked for years? Firstly, what is his father's association with the MB? I'm sure other questions may flow, but can we start with that one please?

Surely that's a question for his father?

What's the obsession by some people with the father? It usually happens when they've run out of mud to throw. You can't all have been brainwashed by the poorly written, poorly researched and poorly structured blog.

Would this be the same blog whose author called you out with the offer of backing up your claims of its factual inaccuracy by producing evidence and yet you still haven't?

Sure you repeatedly and predictable attack said blog, yet not once have you provided any evidence to refute its author's claims.

If you're so committed to discrediting the blog's claims, why are you so deflective when asked to back up your cynicism?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement