Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Some people appear upset that Ibrahim didn't come out wrapped in the isis flag, proceeded to burn the Irish flag in front of the audience, pulled four passports out of his back pocket…all Egyptian, beheaded Tubridy, and then laughed 'ha ha stupid Irish' at the end.

Instead we now have the usual suspects enraged that people still won’t listen to their bullsh*t about him.

He has been acquitted of all charges, he has given an interview, what next? Will we be getting constant updates from the outrage brigade on every movement he makes, or will people finally be able to move on with their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Twas Ryan mentioned going to college.
    Dunno maybe he had applied to college before he left as he had done the LC.

I was very surprised myself at the IH returning / going back to college comment tonight on the LLS and when googling came across the video translation statement

Check it on RTE Player later ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

dav3 wrote: »
    Some people appear upset that Ibrahim didn't come out wrapped in the isis flag, proceeded to burn the Irish flag in front of the audience, pulled four passports out of his back pocket…all Egyptian, beheaded Tubridy, and then laughed 'ha ha stupid Irish' at the end.

Instead we now have the usual suspects enraged that people still won’t listen to their bullsh*t about him.

He has been acquitted of all charges, he has given an interview, what next? Will we be getting constant updates from the outrage brigade on every movement he makes, or will people finally be able to move on with their lives?

Any chance he could be asked the questions that us rational critics have requested be asked for years? Firstly, what is his father's association with the MB? I'm sure other questions may flow, but can we start with that one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

gozunda wrote: »
    Twas Ryan mentioned going to college.
    Dunno maybe he had applied to college before he left as he had done the LC.

I was very surprised myself at the IH 'returning' to college comment tonight on the LLS and when googling came across the video translation statement

Check it on RTE Player later ...
    Wasn't he on holiday after only finishing his leaving cert? He couldn't have already attended college yet, could he? (I don't know the dates of arrest)

Maybe he had been accepted into the college you've referenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Seems like a nice lad and I wish him well but there is a lot of holes in that story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What film was he watching in the cinema, Braveheart :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

bajer101 wrote: »
    Any chance he could be asked the questions that us rational critics have requested be asked for years? Firstly, what is his father's association with the MB? I'm sure other questions may flow, but can we start with that one please?

Surely that's a question for his father?

What's the obsession by some people with the father? It usually happens when they've run out of mud to throw. You can't all have been brainwashed by the poorly written, poorly researched and poorly structured blog.

Completely unnecessary hyperbole imo

Thanked by lurking click baiters ...

givyjoe wrote: »
    Wasn't he on holiday after only finishing his leaving cert? He couldn't have already attended college yet, could he? (I don't know the dates of arrest)
    Maybe he had been accepted into the college you've referenced.

I know that. The Egyptian protest video translation exists of him stating first year in college. Tonight he talked of returning / 'going bck to college. So I have no idea what the truth is tbh.

What's the obsession by some people with the father? It usually happens when they've run out of mud to throw. You can't all have been brainwashed by the poorly written, poorly researched and poorly structured blog.

What blog?

• Advertisement

Yes, it most definitely is a question for the father. If you can see beyond your racism tinted glasses, you will see that this is what a lot of us have been asking for a long time. Do you really think that all us haters are just being racist against a 17 year old? It's the father and his MB Islamist beliefs that are the issue and always have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If nothing else we need to know why so much momey was spent on him.according to reports 20k hours were spent working on his release.at a very very conservative 10 eur an hour this is 200k.now given the fact our own taoiseach spent time on it we can assume it was much higher.why the effort?amy also was the basis made on false pretenses? He didn't look ill or injured as was previously claimed.

What Mark Humphrys did after that interview......

This is what Mark Humphrys stated on Twitter after the LLS interview
    Mark Humphrys

@markhumphrys
    14m

Replying to @***** and 4 others

Tubridy did well with the videos but could have done so much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Well that blog can't be that bad as RTE used the video from it tonight. It was the only copy as the family had a internet clean up to remove anything that may show them up.

They were not quick enough.

I look forward to the book. Wonder what section of Easons it will be in.. Fact or Fiction?

As an aside, a Muslim father abducted his two kids yesterday. They could be taken to a country like Egypt and none of the virtue signallers will give a toss. I happen to know what I am talking about here and I would advise all the lefty luvvies to refocus their attention and try to get the Irish citizen children back from these kips. But no real Twitter brownie points for that! Mary Banotti does great work in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yes, it most definitely is a question for the father. If you can see beyond your racism tinted glasses, you will see that this is what a lot of us have been asking for a long time. Do you really think that all us haters are just being racist against a 17 year old? It's the father and his MB Islamist beliefs that are the issue and always have been.
    Plus the believed lies (letter getting from him to the media in 24 hours from writing) that have only been strengthened by tonight's interview

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Well that blog can't be that bad as RTE used the video from it tonight. It was the only copy as the family had a internet clean up to remove anything that may show them up.

They were not quick enough.

I look forward to the book. Wonder what section of Easons it will be in.. Fact or Fiction?

Pity he didn't show the video with his sisters on stage with him...

As an aside, a Muslim father abducted his two kids yesterday. They could be taken to a country like Egypt and none of the virtue signallers will give a toss. I happen to know what I am talking about here and I would advise all the lefty luvvies to refocus their attention and try to get the Irish citizen children back from these kips. But no real Twitter brownie points for that! Mary Banotti does great work in this area.

I have heard about this, all over the radio for 2 days. Hope the kids are OK. But I have not seen it on the tv news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I think it's a disgrace we call him irish

Unless he's any good at soccer in that case mí casa tu casa

I think it's a disgrace we call him irish

Unless he's any good at soccer in that case mí casa tu casa

He is Irish, but he had on FB that his home/was from Egypt.

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    I have heard about this, all over the radio for 2 days. Hope the kids are OK. But I have not seen it on the tv news

How is it that children who are abducted aren't given any airtime? Givyjoe, or whatever your name is, why aren't you protesting that case? Is it that in the far left top trumps, being brown and belonging to a minority religion wins all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

He is Irish, but he had on FB that his home/was from Egypt.

I know he was born here it was a bad attempt at a joke 😂

He said he doesn't hold any truck with the Muslim Brotherhood and doesn't agree with their philosophy! That surely makes for some awkward mealtimes in the Halawa household.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Hahaha....
    Oh wait you're being serious...
    FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Do you really think that all us haters are just being racist against a 17 year old? It's the father and his MB Islamist beliefs that are the issue and always have been.

So if someone took a dislike to you for whatever reason,you'd be ok with a consorted social media/anon message board campaign targeting your children??

TBC I wouldn't

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Hahaha....
    Oh wait you're being serious...
    FFS

Snowflakes, no wait.... Oh, yea I remember who they are now..
    . Jokes...

So if someone took a dislike to you for whatever reason,you'd be ok with a consorted social media/anon message board campaign targeting your children??

WHAT?!

For all of us who are against Islamism, Job done tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Do you really think that all us haters are just being racist against a 17 year old? It's the father and his MB Islamist beliefs that are the issue and always have been.

Well if i was disingenuosly using a social media platform in their favour i'd expect a back lash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What?!

Read what was quoted for context....poster said he didn't mind the kid....just had issue with the father (from what I took from it :O )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement