Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"White people most violent and oppressive"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

tomofson wrote: »
    Compassion,empathy and charity are all white race traits, the only time other races seem to have it is when they live in a white environment.
    I disagree. Can I ask how you came to that conclusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

(S)he certainly knows her stuff. Britain "was built on the enslavement of non-white people". It's not like they ever colonised a country inhabited by white people or anything.

Any idiot who happens to be black can say how nasty the white devil is now and idiots lap it up. For instance Ice Cube giving a lecture on how the word nigga is wrong. If you point out the idiocy of the rapper from Niggaz With Attitude telling people not to say nigga or how he made a fortune from advocating killing white people and burning down Korean shops you get called a bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

This race theory politics from the likes of her is what turns people into racists who would otherwise be normal human beings who get along with people from all races and backgrounds. If you are constantly being told you are evil and the reason for all the evil in the world is because you are white then people will get defensive and not just take it.

To be fair we think you're evil because you think ethnic genocide is fine. I have no idea what colour you are, I'm just disgusted by what you've said here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

History has shown us that people can be absolute bastards to others that they don't fear, especially if its 'us' and 'them'.

Thanks to history and technology many of the rich and powerful are white.
    You only have to look at the military-industrial complex to see the how the fortunes of money have affected the fortunes of war and the poor schmucks at the sharp end of it all.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Plus the posted you quoted also ignored the fact that until after WWII Europe had been kicking the sh1t out of each other since time immemorial.

I like the study you quoted. The fact is that as humans we have certain innate biases that aren't based on fact. They could be due to some social conditioning or even due to some physiological/evolutionary reason, but they do exist. And it's only through study and introspection that we can shed ourselves of these biases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair we think you're evil because you think ethnic genocide is fine. I have no idea what colour you are, I'm just disgusted by what you've said here.

Where does the poster you quote support ethnic genocide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I like the French.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I would say they are a combination of both racial and environmental, hence they exist more among nations founded and populated by white people, the environment those traits are prevalent in are all white environments, so there would have to be a racial element to.

Of course a white person is going to feel more empathy for another white person, he relates more to other white people than he does to black people. I would say those few black people with compassion would feel more for other black people than for white people, it is natural whether you like it or not.

You are only seeing contradiction in my statements because contradiction is what you want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

bigar wrote: »
    The Belgians actually cleaned up the mess left by their king and his band of international "explorers" in the Congo Free State. They were very reluctant to have to do so as they did not really wanted a colony.

They stopped the exploitation of the local population and the violent punishments like cutting off people's hands. They were thwarted in their attempts by the international corporations who did no want to lose their cheap labour.

Never heard of the Congo Horrors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfYC7m4cULE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Never heard of the Congo Horrors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfYC7m4cULE

The comments section there is mad altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Aristotle145

1) Sweden doesn't censor anything.
    2) It's been established that poverty does cause crime. It's been established many times. In societies/countries/towns/neighbourhoods you will get more crime than in societies/countries/towns/neighbourhoods that are wealthy.

Sweden dont censor,they forbid.

The thread a couple of weeks back about myanmar.

1) that's long.
    2) Browsing through it, it's bull****. There was one bit I saw where it said that if multi cultural societies are so great why don't multicultural neighbourhoods have the best schools. That's a false hypothesis. It's down to school funding and a load of things, not the race of the children who attend.

The few minutes I watched were laughable if it weren't for the fact that it's aimed at stirring up hatred. The only people who would buy into that are people who have an existing bias or are just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That said very racist and I'm offended

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

It's more lunacy, ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The only people who would buy into that are people who have an existing bias or are just stupid.

Quite the statement about a documentary you haven't watched, about a situation in a country you don't live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It's the Katie Hopkins effect: If you want to make a name for yourself, be as controversial as possible. It may work or it may backfire big time.

Yep exactly this. She knows there is plenty of money to be made by provoking right wingers ala Katie with the left. I can't understand why anyone would pay any attention to either tbh when its so obvious and boring what they are doing.:confused:

Quite the statement about a documentary you haven't watched, about a situation in a country you don't live in.

I skimmed it and gave an example of where it was wrong.

Plus, I'm not going to watch a random "documentary" that some nut on youtube created.

Has it really gotten to the stage where "proof" is a long video on youtube. No documented evidence. No critical sources. Just a nutjob video on youtube.

I could drag up videos that prove just about any nonsense on YouTube. Next you'll be expecting me to accept illuminati or flat earther video's as proof and tell me I'm wrong to dismiss 60 minutes of crap because I wouldn't waste my time watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Know couple people who live in Sweden who tell me they're plenty of problems in Sweden. But won't say too much might be called a racist.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Why are my posts being deleted?

I skimmed it and gave an example of where it was wrong.

Plus, I'm not going to watch a random "documentary" that some nut on youtube created.

Has it really gotten to the stage where "proof" is a long video on youtube. No documented evidence. No critical sources. Just a nutjob video on youtube.

I could drag up videos that prove just about any nonsense on YouTube. Next you'll be expecting me to accept illuminati or flat earther video's as proof and tell me I'm wrong to dismiss 60 minutes of crap because I wouldn't waste my time watching it.

You skimmed it until you found something you could point at and say "look this bit is wrong, the whole video must be wrong"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

white_lions.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

1) that's long.
    2) Browsing through it, it's bull****. There was one bit I saw where it said that if multi cultural societies are so great why don't multicultural neighbourhoods have the best schools. That's a false hypothesis. It's down to school funding and a load of things, not the race of the children who attend.

The few minutes I watched were laughable if it weren't for the fact that it's aimed at stirring up hatred. The only people who would buy into that are people who have an existing bias or are just stupid.
    Did you see the guy with the mustache?
    He's talking as if he's been invsded by something from The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
    Sweden is lost.

You skimmed it until you found something you could point at and say "look this bit is wrong, the whole video must be wrong"

You honestly expect me to accept that video as "proof". It's 60 minutes long. I'm not going to spend 60 minutes looking at a random video on youtube. He could have put up an article and I could have read it but no, a 60 fcuking minute video. He couldn't even point to a part that proved his argument.

So I did the courtesy of skimming it and that bit I mentioned came up as a big title, in white writing on a black background. That took about 20 seconds to find. And yeah, as soon as I saw that in huge writing I thought "If that's a key point, I'm stopping right now".

So rather than complain that I couldn't be bothered watching a 60 minute video by a conspiracy nut on youTube, you could actually post something to back up his argument rather than trying to make me seem unreasonable because I wouldn't submit myself to 60 minutes from some random bloke on the internet.

You honestly expect me to accept that video as "proof". It's 60 minutes long. I'm not going to spend 60 minutes looking at a random video on youtube. He could have put up an article and I could have read it but no, a 60 fcuking minute video. He couldn't even point to a part that proved his argument.

So I did the courtesy of skimming it and that bit I mentioned came up as a big title, in white writing on a black background. That took about 20 seconds to find. And yeah, as soon as I saw that in huge writing I thought "If that's a key point, I'm stopping right now".

So rather than complain that I couldn't be bothered watching a 60 minute video by a conspiracy nut on youTube, you could actually post something to back up his argument rather than trying to make me seem unreasonable because I wouldn't submit myself to 60 minutes from some random bloke on the internet.

I'm not complaining that you didn't watch it. I'm complaining that you think only biased and stupid people could take anything from it without watching it yourself. I'm complaining that you pick up on one point and think that's good enough to render the entire video a load of bollox.

I didn't watch it. It could be the greatest load of bollox ever committed to video for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Love how she quotes Theresa May's interpretation of the race study, which jumped to all sorts of wrong conclusions based on the misreading of the statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You honestly expect me to accept that video as "proof". It's 60 minutes long. I'm not going to spend 60 minutes looking at a random video on youtube.

You're gas any excuse

You want proof but you cant handle the truth.

Blame something something something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well you believe Ireland is a 'rape culture' in the face of all evidence to the contrary, so I wouldn't think it impossible that you would accept anything being true. Where you choose to believe, and where you choose not to is just evidence of your own bias as you clearly don't follow the evidence when reaching a view. So its important not to explore issues from outside your own bias. A waste of your time at the very least.

As it, your excuse is weak. If multiculturalism was a strength, those schools would be outperforming schools in other areas that were not multicultural, for the same budget. But they don't. Given language issues, cultural differences, increased violence against staff and pupils and necessary segregation multicultural schools require much more funding, all other things being equal.

Just be honest. You didn't want to listen to a different perspective that might cause you to re-evaluate your views. There's nothing wrong with admitting that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

If you are not going to actually watch the video, why comment? You also managed to poison the well with attacks on the "kind of people" who would be expected to think it reasonable.

I personally haven't watched the video so I have no comment on it. No doubt the situation in Sweden is somewhere between the official story and you tube videos but I don't think we can say one way or the other.

Advertisement