Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"White people most violent and oppressive"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Yet another "activist" (ticking all the right minority boxes) that appears to have swallowed some Critical (Race) Theory and saw a potential money spinning career as a rent-a-quote.

The comments in that video only appeal to the deluded people who buy into all that nonsense. A small (but vocal) cohort of privileged individuals that have the luxury of being able to earn a living spouting ill informed nonsense. Not too dissimilar to Katie Hopkins.

Presumably, she has no problem taking the blame for the likes of Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe and the Hutu's etc? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gw80

This womens views are not new or uncommon,
    And its a growing view, a lot of the "non white" countries do not like us, and that might come as a bit surprising to some people,
    Whites are blamed for a lot of what is wrong in a lot of countries today, but as we were once feared, we are not anymore. Now we are seen as soft.

Wait. Are people taking my f*cking quote seriously? I knew I should've used a :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gw80 wrote: »
    This womens views are not new or uncommon,
    And its a growing view, a lot of the "non white" countries do not like us, and that might come as a bit surprising to some people,
    Whites are blamed for a lot of what is wrong in a lot of countries today, but as we were once feared, we are not anymore. Now we are seen as soft.

They should remove all white influence from their countries. Every white invention and innovation. Only then can these countries heal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Technically speaking "white people" have had more technology and less central control than others over the last few hundred years.

Having lots of competing states meant that lots of different things can be tried. It's like evolution for war and production. We took technology from the East too. We didn't have to compete with China or India till later.

It was unfortunate for America. The stone age people there were faced with the Conquistadors with guns, germs and steel, firearms and horses. The Conquistadors had nothing to loose as they were the lesser sons who weren't going to inherit, and they came from a culture that had just "re-conquered" Spain from Islam after hundreds of years of conflict.

Those American cultures weren't noble savages though. The Aztecs and Mayans were not cute and cuddly. Nor was the Chinese empire.

One big western "innovation" is capitalism. In it's purest forms it brings out the worst in people of all colours and creeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So it would be accurate to say that you think Germans, Russians, White Americans and Anglos are the most violent people in the world?

Seems churlish to blame the Greeks.

I never said they were violent people. I explicitly said that a white person is no more or less violent than a black person or any other race for that matter. I just said that the white race had committed more acts of violence.
    Genghis Khan and Mao would give any pale face a run for their money.

It's not about individuals, it's race that was mentioned. And the chinese/mongolians haven't killed as many as white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Saruhashi wrote: »
    I would say that white people are responsible for a fcuk load of misery in the world.

I am curious if you would confidently say the same publicly about other races?

I'd say just about every race is responsible for a load of misery so the statement would be accurate if you replace "white" with anything else.

I don't think you'd be bold enough to state it on Twitter?

I wouldn't say that about any other race on twitter because it wouldn't be true.

I've said I don't think thee's any difference between white and black people. I think that were Europeans dark skinned and Africans light skinned it would have been the same. Or if Africa had been more technologically advanced, Europe would have probably been at the end of their colonial ambitions.
    In south america, in pre colombian times, there was slavery and genocide and there wasn't a white or black or asian person in sight.

But it's also accurate to say that white people are responsible for far more wars and deaths and misery than any other race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This woman is saying that the white race IS the most violent and oppressive force of nature on earth.

She should try living among people that would bury her to the waist and throw rocks at her head until she dies. That's if she wasn't thrown off a building by the locals first.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Grayson wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that about any other race on twitter because it wouldn't be true.
    Maybe it would?
    I've said I don't think thee's any difference between white and black people. I think that were Europeans dark skinned and Africans light skinned it would have been the same. Or if Africa had been more technologically advanced, Europe would have probably been at the end of their colonial ambitions.
    In south america, in pre colombian times, there was slavery and genocide and there wasn't a white or black or asian person in sight.

But it's also accurate to say that white people are responsible for far more wars and deaths and misery than any other race.
    Indeed and where it might get uncomfortable is when one considers the reasons why that might be the case. Doubly so if one considers that a huge chunk of what we take for granted about civilisation has also got "white" Indo-Europeans more in the mix than most. "white people" might well be more "responsible for far more wars and deaths and misery than any other race", but the same population as been responsible for more advances in civilisation, science and technology than any other "race" too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Bit sick of the constant attacks on white men from all over the place tbh. The constant narrative of us all being potential racists or sexual predators is pathetic.

Yep, especially when they ignore REAL RAPE CULTURE ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I think white people are great and I'm proud to be one. This woman is proud to be a transsexual of mixed race, and good for her that's who he is and can't change that.

So why should I. As a cis white male be made feel ashamed of what I am by her for something I also can't change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I never said they were violent people. I explicitly said that a white person is no more or less violent than a black person or any other race for that matter. I just said that the white race had committed more acts of violence.

It's not about individuals, it's race that was mentioned. And the chinese/mongolians haven't killed as many as white people.

When did this become a competition?

Humans have inflicted misery on each other since time immemorial.
    We are the only creatures, bar ants, that war with each other.

This identity politics bolloxology is just another way of deflecting from personal failings.

You think the likes of Draymond John, Oprah Winfrey and Jay-Z sat around blaming whitey for all their problems when they were younger?

Edit

And I would add that this identity politics bull**** is one of the main reasons why the orange clown made it to the White House.

As Bill Maher said about Liberals - You have become outrageous with your politically correct bull****. And it does turn people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

How can she not be considered racist, I really don't understand.

We are going to look back at this time in years to come and be shocked at what could be said about white people. Its ridiculously obvious if you are a white person and particularly a white man how racist and often sexist these people are. I am a white man and i did not inherit racism, i am not uniquely evil, i am not a violent and oppressive force of nature on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Bit sick of the constant attacks on white men from all over the place tbh. The constant narrative of us all being potential racists or sexual predators is pathetic.

Bit like all muslims are terrorists hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

White people invented Hitler

What parish is she from???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Bit like all muslims are terrorists hey.

Show me the constant attacks by main stream media that are saying all muslims are terrorists :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

In other news of a revelatory nature... water = wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

White people seem to be the only people with compassion or empathy, look at africa and the middle east and latin america and see how they kill each other without a second thought. They kill each other like we'd stand on an ant they have no value on human life. I'm sorry but its the truth white people are the only charitable and warm hearted people on the planet, and I dont care about what the aristocrats and jewish supremacists do its them who starts the wars not ordinary white people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

jaxxx wrote: »
    In other news of a revelatory nature... water = wet.

The English are a very violent race, don't you agree? In particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I keep asking the anti-white racists to narrow down who these violent whites are. Not getting any response. could it be fashionable to criticise "whites" ( a nonsense term as it happens) and not to criticise, say, the French, Spanish, English and Portuguese.

Also the cultural left tells us it eschews generalisations. We can't say anything about muslims if some muslims are violent, but we can say something about whites if some whites have a history of colonialism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Saruhashi wrote: »
    ahhh. Poor you. Have you considered therapy? :pac:

Does the popularity of content like this not trouble you at all?

I keep trying to figure out what is going on with these kind of articles.  Are they just perfectly valid criticism of white people?  Or are they some kind of popularized racism?

I know if I had a friend who kept saying negative things about Chinese people then I'd be saying something to them and probably would end the friendship too.

Even if it was just "Chinese people talk to loud on the phone" and "Chinese are terrible drivers" if it happened often enough I'd be saying "OK, you need to stop".

It's just really, really, weird that you have a group of people who are constantly  going on about "white people".

I wouldn't befriend someone who was always giving out about Jews or Muslims or whatever because it's a sure sign that they are a bit of a d!ckhead.  They aren't getting mainstream coverage on the BBC.

I'd be pretty horrified if the BBC published content that asked "Are Muslims the biggest threat to British society since the Nazis?" and I'd expect most sensible people to be disgusted and outraged.

"The white race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth"

Replace white with any other ethnicity there and we are talking potential hate crime.

Replace white with any other ethnicity there and I am thinking the speaker is a neo-nazi or white supremacist who needs a very, VERY, stern talking to.

This should not be promoted by the BBC and it's kind of concerning that it is.

I don't think it's necessarily offensive but something doesn't feel right about this at all.

How far would they be able to push it before you would say "enough is enough"?
    What made it diabolical is she was basing her assertion on a group of people, not an idea but a group of people which is white human beings. If you said similar about black people it probably would be seen as a hate crime or against Jews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I think white people are great and I'm proud to be one. This woman is proud to be a transsexual of mixed race, and good for her that's who he is and can't change that.

So why should I. As a cis white male be made feel ashamed of what I am by her for something I also can't change?
    This race theory politics from the likes of her is what turns people into racists who would otherwise be normal human beings who get along with people from all races and backgrounds. If you are constantly being told you are evil and the reason for all the evil in the world is because you are white then people will get defensive and not just take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Hmm, a racist Brit pontificating on the qualities of different peoples? This usually doesn't end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

grahambo wrote: »
    Completely disagree with that.

History would dictate that, Whites (Europeans) and Asians are the most cooperative, hence the reason nearly every major European and Asian power has conquered or attempted to conquer most of their known world.

British Empire
    French Empire
    Spanish Empire
    Mongol Empire
    Qing Dynasty
    Nazis
    Roman Empire
    Alexander the beedlin deadly
    etc etc.

The list goes on an on.

The gained vast amounts of territory as the people the conquered were to busy fighting themselves.

Also to note:
    The first Slavers were black. Slavery is something that originated in central Africa, and was adapted and used by whites to a much larger degree (They effectively commercialized it)

Slavery has been present and legal in every culture throughout history except our own modern western democracies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

White people invented Hitler
    Next you'll be saying Hitler wasn't German :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

tomofson wrote: »
    White people seem to be the only people with compassion or empathy, look at africa and the middle east and latin america and see how they kill each other without a second thought. They kill each other like we'd stand on an ant they have no value on human life. I'm sorry but its the truth white people are the only charitable and warm hearted people on the planet, and I dont care about what the aristocrats and jewish supremacists do its them who starts the wars not ordinary white people.

So whites are the only race with compassion? That is absolute racist BS.

You didn't pop in here from Stormfront perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The virtue signalling ... it burns ..! :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So whites are the only race with compassion? That is absolute racist BS.

You didn't pop in here from Stormfront perchance?

Compassion,empathy and charity are all white race traits, the only time other races seem to have it is when they live in a white environment.

So a member of another race born in lets say america will have those traits to some degree due to the environment they are raised in, well some of them will.

I do have a stormfront account and I'm not afraid to admit it, do I have one because I hate people of other races? NOPE, I made a stormfront account because its the only platform which allows you to discuss certain realities without you being labelled a "racist","anti-semite" or "nazi".

Advertisement