Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

quickbeam wrote: »
    I think game prior to this was the first I heard of it too. It's when a baddie cosies up to a goodie in the hope of earning goodie points.

So basically what I was doing, somewhat, with Necro in a way (Sorry Necro)?

When P* kept linking me and Necro, I was more than happy to encourage that link to an extent, both by forcing P* to keep repeating the theory, and my mirroring Necro's beliefs and comments (once or twice by accident, once or twice by deliberately using similar language). I think near the end, mind, Necro was pushing away, but I had hoped by cosing up to Necro and forcing that link to dominate gameplay, it would work either in my advantage (several people put me and Necro in the same groups when posting their lists of good people) or work to Necro's disadvantage (I was surprised more people didn't run with the idea of Necro being bad once they found out I was...).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah.

You've got a 1/24 chance to hit Q. You've got a 1/5 chance to hit a wolf.

The odds of hitting Q on night one are quite low. Plus, Q wants to be lynched. For the village and the wolves, getting rid of the lynch means Q isn't going to be as active in outing himself. If there's no lynch, he has no reason to post, so is less likely to slip up.

My note from this post (lord was agreeing with a point I made
    Re no lynch) was "Lord palling up with me?" .... I wasn't sure if it was good or bad though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Drumpot wrote: »
    Re no lynch) was "Lord palling up with me?" .... I wasn't sure if it was good or bad though!

That sounds like day1.... Didn't you say you weren't going to start spread sheeting until day3 ;)

sKeith wrote: »
    That sounds like day1.... Didn't you say you weren't going to start spread sheeting until day3 ;)

Ha, you are spot on! But I found a notepad section in the comms room for Warf to keep notes and started jotting down stuff!! I felt compelled to at least look like I was taking my Warf role seriously!

I sort of couldn't pay as much attention on day 2/3. Not that anybody asked but for the record my notes that were nowhere near as comprehensive as my notes in the last game:

Lord defending Sulli post 1644 - misreading sulli
    Vale - Where is he ? He voted for Meham - posts one thing (1404) and disappears, very odd . . BAD?
    Quickbeam and Lord and sulli and Necro- pushing for the kill tonight (Necro - good post 1126 suggests hes not working with QB)
    SKeith - Consistantly wanted Mick killed - 790 and later
    Quickbeam - attack Party post 842 , very aggressive pushing for party kill, including having a go at me trying to delay kill post 1124 and possibly before
    Barney and Mick's jaguar not wanting lynch - Mick gets lynched for this but barney changes stance and survives - Barney Good ? does believe in focusing on non lynch voters post1338
    Lord palling up with me ?! (see post 526 for a summary of his accusations) - Good ? Doesn't believe in non lynch votes - post 1340 - BAD ? suggesting BG should sort of come out ? (1406)
    Patrick Starr sus - But post 538 seems to be trying to shake a few trees - Challanging Lord and NEcro - GOOD ? Too boisterous to be bad and looks on his own or wolf plan to lynch him to get credibility for the people he is accusing ? post 1237 accuse lord and necro - going after non lynchers BAD - bit just blinkered?
    Yoss post 528 claiming Robyn worf - villagey strategy or wolf ruse? Guffy thanks - Keep at eye if Guffy is munched or are Guff and Yoss working together (see next few posts)
    Guff, Yoss and Patrick starr - same team ? watch interactions
    Necro quick to believe Robyn is worf - Teamy distraction or wolfy fishing? - Post 628 caught out on bad strategy for Village - Targeted by Robin to be shot (look up shoot)
    Digi Solitude post 567 - summary - defends maha and pat
    GOOD ? Mahama Post 610 - Summary Post 1164
    Ectoplasm - GOOD? Post 628 catching flaw in Necro strategy that helps village
    Patrick Starr, Keith, Duffy - bit of banter - Post 637
    Necro, Beaker, Patrick Starr - Onto Vales Q hint post 641
    Necro - Bad ? (focusing on me), disappears just before munch at 9.47? BAD if Meham dies?
    JAYOP - Good ? Attack at wolves killing Robin - Post 656 - Partyjungle thanked
    Kolido and Necro think Vale is Q post 795
    Kolido thought PJ was Q - post 1254 - Defends lord (1408)
    Party- queen? Very cold about Robyn's death - watch q beam attack him post 842
    PJ IS NOT Q - He posted "can I explain" after his death . .skeith 1232
    Guffy 1232 GOOD? going after sull?
    Mahama - Good ? nice theory post 1235 - Good post 1329
    Ecto - Good ? agrees with pj not Q theory (post 1244) but only after others said it
    Digi asking Ecto for list of suspects (Hero who protected Ecto?) GOOD?
    Read up to Post 1599

Viewing Thread:
    Day 1 3.20 - Strawb milk, Skeith, Kolido, crosstown, Yoss, trit
    3.39 - After Ecto good post - Yoss, party, keith, Trit, Straw , Kollido , crosstown
    3.54 - Cross, Yoss, Jayo, Keith, Trits
    Day 2
    9:40 am Kolido, mahamageehad, Mollyb60, Strawberry Milkshake, y0ssar1an22, tritium, crosstownk, padser, Lord TSC
    9.47 Drumpot, Kolido, tritium, mahamageehad, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake, Mollyb60, crosstownk
    9.48 Drumpot, crosstownk, Lord TSC, Kolido, Mollyb60, mahamageehad, tritium, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.02 Drumpot, WerewolfGM, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, crosstownk, Kolido, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Pter, robyntmorton, Strawberry Milkshake, tritium
    10.04 Drumpot, robyntmorton, Kolido, Lord TSC, WerewolfGM, crosstownk, mahamageehad, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Pter, Strawberry Milkshake, tritium
    10.06 Drumpot, crosstownk, Kolido, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, robyntmorton, Pter, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.10 Drumpot, Lord TSC, crosstownk, Kolido, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, Strawberry Milkshake, Pter, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop
    10.13 Drumpot, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, Kolido, Strawberry Milkshake, Lord TSC, tritium, y0ssar1an22, Pter, crosstownk, WerewolfGM, sKeith, Jayop
    10:16 Drumpot, tritium, crosstownk, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, Kolido, robyntmorton, Strawberry Milkshake, Pter
    10:22 Drumpot, mahamageehad, Lord TSC, Kolido, WerewolfGM, Pter, robyntmorton, tritium, crosstownk, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.25 Drumpot, Lord TSC, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, Pter, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, tritium, Kolido, crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.29 Drumpot, WerewolfGM, robyntmorton, y0ssar1an22, Lord TSC, Kolido, mahamageehad, tritium, crosstownk
    12.03 umpot, crosstownk, Lord TSC, y0ssar1an22, Pter, mahamageehad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ha, you are spot on! But I found a notepad section in the comms room for Warf to keep notes and started jotting down stuff!! I felt compelled to at least look like I was taking my Warf role seriously!

U should have randed the second kill

Viewing Thread:
    3.39 - After Ecto good post - Yoss, party, keith, Trit, Straw , Kollido , crosstown
    Day 2
    9:40 am Kolido, mahamageehad, Mollyb60, Strawberry Milkshake, y0ssar1an22, tritium, crosstownk, padser, Lord TSC
    9.47 Drumpot, Kolido, tritium, mahamageehad, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake, Mollyb60, crosstownk
    9.48 Drumpot, crosstownk, Lord TSC, Kolido, Mollyb60, mahamageehad, tritium, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.02 Drumpot, WerewolfGM, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, crosstownk, Kolido, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Pter, robyntmorton, Strawberry Milkshake, tritium
    10.04 Drumpot, robyntmorton, Kolido, Lord TSC, WerewolfGM, crosstownk, mahamageehad, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Pter, Strawberry Milkshake, tritium
    10.06 Drumpot, crosstownk, Kolido, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, robyntmorton, Pter, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.10 Drumpot, Lord TSC, crosstownk, Kolido, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, Strawberry Milkshake, Pter, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, sKeith, Jayop
    10.13 Drumpot, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, Kolido, Strawberry Milkshake, Lord TSC, tritium, y0ssar1an22, Pter, crosstownk, WerewolfGM, sKeith, Jayop
    10:16 Drumpot, tritium, crosstownk, Lord TSC, mahamageehad, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, Kolido, robyntmorton, Strawberry Milkshake, Pter
    10:22 Drumpot, mahamageehad, Lord TSC, Kolido, WerewolfGM, Pter, robyntmorton, tritium, crosstownk, y0ssar1an22, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.25 Drumpot, Lord TSC, WerewolfGM, y0ssar1an22, Pter, robyntmorton, mahamageehad, tritium, Kolido, crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    10.29 Drumpot, WerewolfGM, robyntmorton, y0ssar1an22, Lord TSC, Kolido, mahamageehad, tritium, crosstownk

What the heck..... You shouldn't post evidence of breaking the rules..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    What the heck..... You shouldn't post evidence of breaking the rules..

This is why I always keep my profile hidden. Even when no game is going on

Ah sorry drumpot, i was just slow to realise meta was not against the rules in this game. Just went back and you are right. My bad. Again, sorry for the accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Drumpot can you put up your notes on everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

pj was hit with the Ktarian game night 0.. Who was Q?

Only able to post now. Just after the game finished I was heading out for a girls night out for my birthday which is this Friday. Many cocktails, shooters and Salsa dancing till 3.00am I am STILL sick as a dog 2 days later :D

I enjoyed the game, did PJ explain why he tried to get himself killed? well, ACTUALLY got himself killed! Glad I took the shot on Sully though, was surprised to see she was Q and not PJ.

Great game mods, we managed to not break it and it ran great from start to finish.
    When is the next one? :D:D

Still no backroom to read??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Only able to post now. Just after the game finished I was heading out for a girls night out for my birthday which is this Friday. Many cocktails, shooters and Salsa dancing till 3.00am I am STILL sick as a dog 2 days later :D

I enjoyed the game, did PJ explain why he tried to get himself killed? well, ACTUALLY got himself killed! Glad I took the shot on Sully though, was surprised to see she was Q and not PJ.

Great game mods, we managed to not break it and it ran great from start to finish.
    When is the next one? :D:D

He did. In the backroom.

Was trying to draw a wolf attack on himself to save a rolled player.

Though the wolves weren't interested in going after Q. And he forgot about the Vig and Berserker.

I sort of couldn't pay as much attention on day 2/3. Not that anybody asked but for the record my notes that were nowhere near as comprehensive as my notes in the last game:

Lord defending Sulli post 1644 - misreading sulli
    Vale - Where is he ? He voted for Meham - posts one thing (1404) and disappears, very odd . . BAD?
    Quickbeam and Lord and sulli and Necro- pushing for the kill tonight (Necro - good post 1126 suggests hes not working with QB)
    SKeith - Consistantly wanted Mick killed - 790 and later
    Quickbeam - attack Party post 842 , very aggressive pushing for party kill, including having a go at me trying to delay kill post 1124 and possibly before
    Barney and Mick's jaguar not wanting lynch - Mick gets lynched for this but barney changes stance and survives - Barney Good ? does believe in focusing on non lynch voters post1338
    Lord palling up with me ?! (see post 526 for a summary of his accusations) - Good ? Doesn't believe in non lynch votes - post 1340 - BAD ? suggesting BG should sort of come out ? (1406)
    Patrick Starr sus - But post 538 seems to be trying to shake a few trees - Challanging Lord and NEcro - GOOD ? Too boisterous to be bad and looks on his own or wolf plan to lynch him to get credibility for the people he is accusing ? post 1237 accuse lord and necro - going after non lynchers BAD - bit just blinkered?
    Yoss post 528 claiming Robyn worf - villagey strategy or wolf ruse? Guffy thanks - Keep at eye if Guffy is munched or are Guff and Yoss working together (see next few posts)
    Guff, Yoss and Patrick starr - same team ? watch interactions
    Necro quick to believe Robyn is worf - Teamy distraction or wolfy fishing? - Post 628 caught out on bad strategy for Village - Targeted by Robin to be shot (look up shoot)
    Digi Solitude post 567 - summary - defends maha and pat
    GOOD ? Mahama Post 610 - Summary Post 1164
    Ectoplasm - GOOD? Post 628 catching flaw in Necro strategy that helps village
    Patrick Starr, Keith, Duffy - bit of banter - Post 637
    Necro, Beaker, Patrick Starr - Onto Vales Q hint post 641
    Necro - Bad ? (focusing on me), disappears just before munch at 9.47? BAD if Meham dies?
    JAYOP - Good ? Attack at wolves killing Robin - Post 656 - Partyjungle thanked
    Kolido and Necro think Vale is Q post 795
    Kolido thought PJ was Q - post 1254 - Defends lord (1408)
    Party- queen? Very cold about Robyn's death - watch q beam attack him post 842
    PJ IS NOT Q - He posted "can I explain" after his death . .skeith 1232
    Guffy 1232 GOOD? going after sull?
    Mahama - Good ? nice theory post 1235 - Good post 1329
    Ecto - Good ? agrees with pj not Q theory (post 1244) but only after others said it
    Digi asking Ecto for list of suspects (Hero who protected Ecto?) GOOD?
    Read up to Post 1599

I didn't know Keith Duffy was playing ;)

You were dead wrong about me though I argued against PJ's shooting at least once Mahama had pointed out that Q would hardly vote to save himself.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I didn't know Keith Duffy was playing ;)

You were dead wrong about me though I argued against PJ's shooting at least once Mahama had pointed out that Q would hardly vote to save himself.

I rememebr! Do you know I figured out after awhile that I didn't like how you dismissed my Q plan so I wanted to go after you! I'm very sensitive!

Guffy wrote: »
    Drumpot can you put up your notes on everyone?

Im sorry I think I deleted my extended notes on my laptop and can't really remember it. Once I decided to go berserk I just wanted to pull the trigger.

I actually had typed SKeith (and lord) in the comms room while keeping an EE on thread. When he posted I deleted it. I know, a very poor way of deciding who to kill but I had sort of thought that I might have until the next day to choose because it was late when I pulled the first trigger...

If any of you lot want to play another game later this week send me a PM, running it on another forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

If any of you lot want to play another game later this week send me a PM, running it on another forum :)

Mrs FD
    Just to say, your PM inbox is full.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Mrs FD
    Just to say, your PM inbox is full.

I sorted that there, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If any of you lot want to play another game later this week send me a PM, running it on another forum

PM sent :) once I get the info I'll see how I'm fixed and if I have time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Another forum you say?

Another forum you say?

That is correct, it looks like the normal legacy site here so it's not alien :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Viewing Thread:
    Day 2

The viewing that you refer to above means absolutely nothing.

Aside from it's meta aspects it doesn't mean that the player is actually 'viewing'

As an example; I get to work, wake the computer and refresh the tab with the game. It's one of up to ten or more tabs that I have open as my work is very much web based. I mightn't look at the game tab at all during the day so while I appear active, I'm actually not. If you check other Boards.ie forums I'll appear active on those simply because I have a tab open. Note how I'm listed in every instance you listed above.

Same on my home computer. At the moment I appear active on 3 forums along with multiple tabs open for other sites.

So like I said, it means nothing.

crosstownk wrote: »

Aside from it's meta aspects it doesn't mean that the player is actually 'viewing'

As an example; I get to work, wake the computer and refresh the tab with the game. It's one of up to ten or more tabs that I have open as my work is very much web based. I mightn't look at the game tab at all during the day so while I appear active, I'm actually not. If you check other Boards.ie forums I'll appear active on those simply because I have a tab open. Note how I'm listed in every instance you listed above.

Same on my home computer. At the moment I appear active on 3 forums along with multiple tabs open for other sites.

Plenty of things mean nothing in the game. The pattern i was looking for is people switching in and out of game and posting during that period. Maybe you show as constantly looking at the board but others behaviour is different.

These are just my notes and I was going to try and gauge people's behaviour around munch to see if there was anything to it. i thought it might hell later in the game trying to see who logged on at the same time or maybe something would stick out that added weight to another theory. You don't know unless you try.

Plenty of things mean nothing in the game. The pattern i was looking for is people switching in and out of game and posting during that period. Maybe you show as constantly looking at the board but others behaviour is different.

These are just my notes and I was going to try and gauge people's behaviour around munch to see if there was anything to it. i thought it might hell later in the game trying to see who logged on at the same time or maybe something would stick out that added weight to another theory. You don't know unless you try.

This it 'meta gaming' and not in the spirit of the game. While i'm glad at your honesty in bringing it up (which goes to prove your inocent ignorance to theses rules [ignorance meant in the dictonary meaning of the word and not a slur]), it is something which you should not be using to influence your ingame decisions. [and hopefully this statement resolves the ignorance :) ]
    You killed a wolf, good game bud.

And, even though meta gaming was not mentioned in the rules of this game, it should still be frowned upon. :(

This it 'meta gaming' and not in the spirit of the game. While i'm glad at your honesty in bringing it up (which goes to prove your inocent ignorance to theses rules [ignorance meant in the dictonary meaning of the word and not a slur]), it is something which you should not be using to influence your ingame decisions. [and hopefully this statement resolves the ignorance :) ]
    You killed a wolf, good game bud.

I didn't realise it was agaisnt rules, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    PM sent :) once I get the info I'll see how I'm fixed and if I have time!!!
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not partaking. Next 4 weeks don't suit at all for WW :(

Id be calling you a wolf with this kind of flip flopping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

crosstownk wrote: »

+1 for me, mine is logged in all the time in a different tab, I swear I don't spend that much time here!!!

Advertisement