Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Barney92 wrote: »
    Right, what are people's thoughts on the above? Not saying we have to go through with it, but it is an option to try to nullify Q in the beginning, if we think that it is worth doing so.

If we discuse who Q is and we come to a conclusion, then we put them aside and go ahead with lynches as normal. It's not good to wate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necrominus wrote: »
    Urge to kill rising....

But seriously, I'm just not sure we should focus on Q right now. Unless you're actually Q and this is a play to get lynched. In that case, kudos.

We need to take out Queen Borg if Borgenstown and her recruiter biatch.

Fair enough. Just throwing it out there to see what people think. I would've suggested it later in the game but we'd have no idea whether our phasers are still in play or if the vigilante was dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm liking this Robyn character, talks a lot of sense, straight up no BS.

RM for president of the ship

Mutiny will not be tolerated.

It will be the pain booth for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I will not dignify that with a response.

You really should

Barney92 wrote: »
    I have a potential plan and was wondering your thoughts on the whole thing. Everyone votes no lynch in the lynch tonight and tomorrow. We actually have an on thread lynch discussion and vote. Then we tally the on thread votes at lynch time and phaser whoever has the most on thread votes. So there will be no lynch, but a phasering instead of a lynch

Positives
    We can't lose the game to Q in the opening two days
    Anyone who actually votes for a lynch can be assumed to evil (if they use the lynch form that is)
    We might phaser Q and take them out of the game

Negatives
    We are potentially wasting the phasers
    We are also potentially wasting lynches if we do manage to pick wolves
    Might not be the easiest option to get people onside with (Phaser face would need to be on board, obviously not publicly though)
    If we don't get q we are quite reliant on the wolves munching or turning them

Right, what are people's thoughts on the above? Not saying we have to go through with it, but it is an option to try to nullify Q in the beginning, if we think that it is worth doing so.

Is voting for "no lynch" even an option? Isn't it against the rules to skip your vote? We'll all be mod killed come day 3

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Thinking about the q issue I think the village should let the wolves sort out q.

They are all working as a team so they are more likely to be able to pool resources to find him. Also if the village are going to lynch q, the wolves will be forced to munch him or defend him and munch him the next day. The wolves have just as much to lose by q getting lynched so it's an enemy of my enemy scenario.

That is also assuming that the wolves know who q is when we go to lynch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

427013.jpg

Mutiny will not be tolerated.

It will be the pain booth for you!

Ship can have a president and a captain surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ehhh, no! I'm wearing the wrong colour.

Are you in Borg colours QB?
    No one is beaming anywhere. There is work to be done.

But Cap'n I was sure I heard of a settlement on the outer quadrant. I just wanted to take a look!
    All ah
    I see a question was asked about me while I was in the sonic shower, so let me clarify. Yes, I am Robyn. Yes, I am a player here. No, I am not somebody else.

You fitted in so smoothly that I thought you were yet another one of the people who changed their usernames over the last while!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote:
    Fair enough. Just throwing it out there to see what people think. I would've suggested it later in the game but we'd have no idea whether our phasers are still in play or if the vigilante was dead.

The plan is decent (assuming you're not Q of course). I just don't want us to get hung up on Q and let the Borgensteins run roughshod over this peaceful place

• Advertisement

Just on Barneys suggestion, if we use up all the guns on shooting people at the top of lists will this not harm us when it comes to killing the queen?

The plan is decent (assuming you're not Q of course). I just don't want us to get hung up on Q and let the Borgensteins run roughshod over this peaceful place

Well this is the part of the plan that might appeal to you. By doing it this way we would just be looking for evil people. You could completely forget q was in the game, and then just be happy if we shot them. It's not a hunt for q, but a removal of q from the game for 2 days.

Is voting for "no lynch" even an option? Isn't it against the rules to skip your vote? We'll all be mod killed come day 3

Pretty sure you can vote 'no lynch'. It'd be essential for everyone to do this rather than actually not vote which would result in modkilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You really should

Someone has already described me as "too random evil to be evil"

Perhaps you should work out why.

Just on Barneys suggestion, if we use up all the guns on shooting people at the top of lists will this not harm us when it comes to killing the queen?

Well would it really? If we use up all our guns and then try to lynch the queen, it will fail and we know who the queen is. So it might delay us killing the queen but it wouldn't be a disastrous delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Barney92 wrote:
    Pretty sure you can vote 'no lynch'. It'd be essential for everyone to do this rather than actually not vote which would result in modkilling.

To clarify. There is a no Lynch option on the Lynch form.

This is not the same as just not voting. Everyone has to vote. But you can pick no Lynch if you want to on the form.

We should probably do no lynch for a few days tbh unless someone comes up obvious but hold onto the phasers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Calm down with the trigger happy talk, we still have to feel each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You fitted in so smoothly that I thought you were yet another one of the people who changed their usernames over the last while!

Well, the truth be told, I did at the start of the year, just not here.

Though thanks for the compliment!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote:
    Well would it really? If we use up all our guns and then try to lynch the queen, it will fail and we know who the queen is. So it might delay us killing the queen but it wouldn't be a disastrous delay.

Queen takes two hits to kill and can't be seer checked as bad. Gonna be hard to catch her anyways. I'm focusing on the recruiter unless a solid plan is agreed on by the group. I think they're the more dangerous to us in the immediate future.

(Not saying your plan isn't solid btw just that we haven't come to an agreement on it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

2R5pQZ9SSFyBZWJDB8qpDgDPhZ-PvBsWZ6bfuc4G9ju1h7xlK6vdalMpo5tp8xl-eBPE=w300

Captains Log Stardate 47654.2

A severe strain of Bajoran Herpes has somehow made it through our transporter relays this week. Chief O'Brien assures me that the relays were tested and cleared at the last scheduled maintenance stop but I am reluctant to believe him. As a result of this terrible oversight a number of the crew have been stricken with the disease. Dr Crusher is treating the cases in Sickbay however she has informed me that we have had a death already. Robyntmorton is believed to have been the carrier for the disease and has succumbed to her symptoms.
    Chief O'Brien will be instructed to clear out the relays each day for the next 3 months as penance for his oversight.

Robyntmorton was in fact,
    Good

star_trek_tng_hd_meme_05_by_gutgutgut-d8zft7s.jpg

Refresh
    Refresh
    Refresh

We should probably do no lynch for a few days tbh unless someone comes up obvious but hold onto the phasers

I would agree to no lynch but think the vig and the bezzy guy should hold fire with the guns. But that is only my opinion.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Are you a wolf?

Are you a wolf Lordy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don't think we can afford to be wasting Lynch's.

By the time tonight's lynch comes, there will be 1/24 chance of hitting Q. Even by tomorrow, it will be 1/22 which is still less then 5%.

If you think about it, we should be more careful with lynchs as the herd gets thinned.

Yeah.

You've got a 1/24 chance to hit Q. You've got a 1/5 chance to hit a wolf.

The odds of hitting Q on night one are quite low. Plus, Q wants to be lynched. For the village and the wolves, getting rid of the lynch means Q isn't going to be as active in outing himself. If there's no lynch, he has no reason to post, so is less likely to slip up.

Ok Robyn is dead, Lord TSC was a bit suss of him, Did you have a hand in his death?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

RIP robyn. your 1st game too (i think?). that sucks

Queen takes two hits to kill and can't be seer checked as bad. Gonna be hard to catch her anyways. I'm focusing on the recruiter unless a solid plan is agreed on by the group. I think they're the more dangerous to us in the immediate future.

(Not saying your plan isn't solid btw just that we haven't come to an agreement on it)

Oh I'm just saying that it wouldn't be too bad should we find the queen at a later date through a failed lynch.

Anyway, the plan would need total village compliance and that clearly isn't going to happen so maybe just forget the whole thing.

I agree the recruiter is top priority though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Some thoughts

Q is a distraction, they have a number of ways to play the role but the villages best chance is not to get into the cluster**** lynch votes I've heard about on other starships.

Q also being invisible is also a distraction. We're going to need to keep tight track of roles in this game. At the moment there are 12 red shirt players with Q hiding among them. Figuring out who the red shirts are is important in this game.

Recruiter is a priority. Kill them before day 3 and its basically a 2 for 1. Unfortunately they're likely to be hard to find.

My guess is robyn was munched as a standard role hunt on first night

Still have some catch up to do on mornings posts, more thoughts later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok Robyn is dead, Lord TSC was a bit suss of him, Did you have a hand in his death?

Wasn't suspicious of Robyn as much as I was trying to have some fun with the new guy :(

Advertisement