Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Options
  • 03-09-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Cold War 2 - the Anniversary... A new threat arises....

The relative peace and quiet amongst the superpowers of the world in the 90s and 00 lulled everyone into a false sense of security. Without warning, a nuclear war annihilated most of the planet. It isn’t known who was responsible for the war, but it was probably not North Korea.

attachment.php?attachmentid=426980&stc=1&d=1504459199

One village has risen from the ashes. Built from the ruins of a crashed Airbus A380 that was carrying 3 of the world’s most influential leaders, the village stands as a beacon of hope in a desolate world. Angela Merkel, Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin have established themselves as the ruling troika of the village of Covfefe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=426981&stc=1&d=1504459205

*Buzzing noise*

*Error noise*

*Whooshing noise*

*Computer Voice*: Holodeck error, programme will terminate.

As Admiral Paris stepped out of Holodeck 1 at Starfleet Command, he mused on the current crisis and how the lessons from Earth’s 21st century Cold War could have helped.

The Enterprise, the fleets flagship, was in chaos, with Borg infiltrators already aboard, and the crew of the Enterprise suffering from mass amnesia and struggling to uncover the interlopers. Adm. Paris referred to his computer pad to mull over the list of confirmed crew members aboard the ship, aware that some of that list had to be Borg spies (an admittedly new tactic for the Borg).

The-Enterprise-and-the-Borg-Cube-The-Best-of-Both-Worlds-Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation.png

With comms from the ship now cut off and a Borg virus spreading throughout the rest of the fleet, all the Admiral could do is hope that the crew of the Enterprise could find and destroy the Borg before they overwhelmed the crew and set course for Earth. But how can they resist if resistance is futile?

aebf61c59ed551989022f376f9efa140.png

The Enterprise Crew

Seer - Deanna Troi
    Each night the seer may choose a target to check. Will be told whether the target is good or bad.

Priest - Doctor Beverly Crusher
    Dr Crusher will find out the roles of all dead players.

Bodyguard - Data
    The bodyguard can choose to protect a player each night. Cannot pick the same player on consecutive nights. If the player a bodyguard protects is targeted by the wolves, the munch will fail. This does not protect the player from lynches.

Shaman - Geordi La Forge
    The shaman will receive a different device each day. (max 3 devices). The shaman must nominate a player to receive the device that day (cannot be himself). Shaman is only told what the device does when he receives it. He must nominate a player after the lynch.

Vigilante - William Riker
    Riker has a phaser which can be used at any time during the game to shoot another player or players. The phaser will only work for 2 shots however as the Borg’s rotating frequencies will render the phaser unusable as they adapt.

Berserker - Worf
    Worf can choose a point in the game where he wants to go on a killing spree with his Bat’leth. He will choose a player to attack. If this player is a wolf, the wolf will die and Worf will get another go choosing another player. If this player is a wolf, Worf has completed his duty and his bloodlust will subside. If however at any point Worf chooses a villager to attack, both Worf and the villager will die immediately.

Village Elder - Guinan
    Guinan is the village elder. Guinan will have a once off peek, a once off comms and the double vote on any night.

12x NRVs
    Red Shirts 1-12

The Borg Collective

Alpha wolf - Borg Queen
    Borg Queen appears as good to all seer checks. Will appear as her real self to the doctor once dead however. She is really hard to kill, so there needs to be 2 kill actions (lynch / bullet / berserker attack). Will appear as bad alignment on death.

Recruiter - Locutus
    Recruits one villager to be a wolf on night 3. Recruited wolf will lose all abilities they once enjoyed as a villager.

3x Borg Drones
    Part of the collective on board the Enterprise. Conspire in the collective to plot the downfall of the crew.

AND, ON NEITHER TEAM

Jester - Q
    Q, as always, is out for himself. He thrives on chaos and his purpose is to get himself lynched. If this happens, he wins the game. However the players will not find out until after the game has ended whether they lynched Q or not. Appears as good to both seer and priest and on his death.

Rules
    1) Mods decisions are final, we don’t really care about anything but the game, please respect that we are impartial and know things you don't so don't question us on thread. Accept & Respect our decisions and play on.

2)Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, don't accuse anyone of cheating, if you think something is up pm a mod. And by ‘up’ we mean an unforeseen advantage that will end the game, abuse of a power, or breakage of the rules that isn’t spotted by a mod immediately. Always play in the best interests of your character, but respect the mods, other players and the game. Winning is good, everyone having fun is better. DONT EDIT YOUR POSTS OR REMOVE THANKS ONCE GIVEN, both on CoP or on the boards thread.

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The mods will, at their own discretion, kill or sub anyone they feel isn't contributing without a second warning, this includes low posting with a reason, even if it is explained to the mods. Even with a RL reason, we have to prioritise the game, so please do not feel hard done by on any modkill or subbing decisions.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mods or referring to the content or wording of them on thread.

5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Day 1 (see schedule below). Village lynches will take place at 9pm each night. Speed days can be implemented at any stage, but will most likely start on Friday, whereby there will be 2 munches (10am and 4pm) and 2 lynches (1pm and 9pm). This schedule can be revised based on on-thread consensus from remaining players.

6) If you've got any questions send a mod a pm. They will answer if they can. If we can’t, you will get a funny meme instead. IF IN DOUBT REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME, YOUR ROLE OR THE RULES, PM A MOD AND WAIT FOR A RESPONSE. DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD ABOUT SAID DOUBTS.

7) Win conditions:
    Village win: all non-villagers must be killed.
    Wolf Win: the wolves must reach parity, this means that the total number of wolves still alive must equal or exceed the number of non wolves.
    Jester Win: Get lynched

8) Don’t take things personally or talk about your real life, players should stay in character at all times and understand any and all abuse is in character, don't bother telling the other players about your real life issues just play as you can.

9) You get to use your boards account for this game, as well as your backroom account, if you have a role and need access.

10) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. There will be no tasks so have at it.

11) The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. Mods will not enter into discussion on thread about mechanics of the game, we can discuss issues like that after. You can ask anything you want but if we don't answer it means we don't want to answer.

12) The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. In the event of a tie all tied players will be up for lynch with a new vote immediately following and to close at 10pm. This vote will be in public on thread in the format VOTE XXXX, the tied players will lose the right to vote at this juncture. in the event of a second tie whoever was voted for first in the tiebreaker round will be lynched. All votes are final no redaction or withdrawal of votes will be allowed and there will always be the option of voting for no lynch.

13) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Don’t post on thread or like posts or do anything in the live thread if you are dead.

14) The characters team (good/bad) will be revealed on thread upon the announcement of a lynching or munching.

15) Please confirm on thread that you have read the charter and the rules and that you understand RULES #2, #6 AND #11 ESPECIALLY by posting ‘I will comply. Resistance is futile’.

If you do not fully feel comfortable with these rules, do not post on thread about this. PM a mod or use your backroom, if you have access to one in your introduction PM message.

RULE CHANGE - VERSION 1.01
    IMPORTANT LYNCH VOTE CLARIFICATION (see post #523)

YOU MAY VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY ON THE LYNCH FORM
    YOUR FINAL VOTE WILL BE ACCEPTED. (DON'T BE GOING TOO CRAZY THOUGH...MODULATORS HAVE LIVES TOO....KIND OF)

IN THE EVENT OF A TIE DURING THE SECOND ROUND OF VOTES (PUBLIC) ONLY A PLAYER'S FIRST VOTE WILL BE ACCEPTED (I.E. CANNOT BE CHANGED)

Day 0 - Sat & Sun
    Morning - No action
    Evening - No action

Day 1 – Monday
    Morning - 10am munch
    Evening - 9pm Lynch

Day 2 – Tuesday
    Morning - 10am munch
    Evening - 9pm Lynch

Day 3 – Wednesday
    Morning - 10am munch
    Evening - 9pm Lynch

Day 4 – Thursday
    Morning - 10am munch
    Evening - 9pm Lynch

Day 5 - Friday
    Morning - 10am munch
    Afternoon - 1pm Lynch
    Evening - 4pm munch
    Night - 9pm Lynch

LIST OF PLAYERS
    1.QB
    2.Trit
    3.Yoss
    4.Digi
    5.robyntmorton
    6.Ectoplasm
    7.Sully
    8.BJ
    9.Guffy
    10.sKeith
    11.patrickStarr
    12. LordTSC
    13.Necrominus
    14.Jayop
    15. Micksjaguar
    16. Mahamageehad
    17. Strawbs
    18. Valeyard
    19. Crosstown
    20. Grumpylumpy
    21. Drumpot
    22. Mrs Flushdraw
    23. Barney
    24. Kolido
    25. PJ
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I thought things would settle down after that... unpleasantness ad Wolf 359, but I have a bad feeling about this. Something just doesn't feel right. Why isn't the communications system working? And why are the turbolifts singing?

*stashes phaser marked "Necrominus" in an airlock*

Onboard:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought things would settle down after that... unpleasantness ad Wolf 359, but I have a bad feeling about this. Something just doesn't feel right. Why isn't the communications system working? And why are the turbolifts singing?

*stashes phaser marked "Necrominus" in an airlock*

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Within 2 posts. That's it. For the next hour I am speaking only through the form of memes, gifs and videos

Here's a happy one to get us started:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

My work here is done!

I will keep to myself what other names are etched on my phaser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice. Looks good.

I'm looking forward to this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

crosstownk wrote: »
    Nice. Looks good.

I'm looking forward to this.

large_tumblr_m2dkp23q0p1rpd22bo1_400.gif

I was making sure I read the OP properly and completely missed Trump on the lion and putin/merkal bear sandwich!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was making sure I read the OP properly and completely missed Trump on the lion and putin/merkal bear sandwich!

Trump-with-lion-and-flag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Drumpot wrote: »
    probably something todo with the 18:21 edit ;)

• Advertisement

94c619db-b234-45a3-a78c-bb55d9e0c131.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Of all the captains logs images available, that is by far the best image I could have hoped was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Strangely the holodeck is acting up for me on gifs the last while. Problematic with a no edit rule.

Ah well, hello everyone

Pter wrote: »
    Of all the captains logs images available, that is by far the best image I could have hoped was posted.

69ec325616d9ede9ee4aa8eee3b9fdc3--vintage-funny-quotes-funny-quotes-and-sayings.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Evening crew, nice here isn't it.
    Pter wrote: »

Captains-Log-.jpg

howdy trit, i can see you gif just fine.

Kinda slow start here guys

star_trek_memes_so_nerdy_theyre_actually_funny_640_25.jpg

I really hope I'm not the only one who hasn't a clue about Star Trek.

Its a great show with wookies and ewoks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This game is gonna be a meme enthusiast's dream

d7df81c8388d4729ab0a7ab4408b36f2--star-trek-beyond-star-trek-tos.jpg

sKeith wrote: »
    Its a great show with wookies and ewoks.

I know most of the words to star trekking :p

I know most of the words to star trekking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Have to say I'm rather in the dark(ness) when it comes to star trek. But I'll give it a bash.

There must have been some mistake with the pms I got all the roles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

You can shoot necro so.

6b62c78c243a09db8c17e3a3a40f4d0c--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

• Advertisement

Well you lot keep posting the memes (kolidos log is my fave so far) and I'll start talking about the game.

Advertisement