Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    It's going to be at least 3 years, maybe 4. And how could he make a comeback after that? He's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Still a few days for Jones to fcuk it all up by pissing hot

knew he'd get busted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Does this mean DC is the best light heavyweight champion of all time?

The supposed GOAT can't believe in himself to go against DC without something illegal to give him an advantage?

Don't know why i'm shocked at this but I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

12 inch reach advantage and he still needs to cheat.

When you consider all the facts DC has to be up there on the p4p list, just a pity he came to the sport so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

JoeyJJ wrote:
    The goat lovers all saying its a fix lol, the goat was never the goat. Silva is the goat soon to be overtaken however still the goat for now.

Silva popped aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,726 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bizarre...

Why the need to uses PEDs here? Clearly a superior fighter to DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    Of course Jones' brother, Arthur, has also been popped for PED's before and due to the nature of the NFL's ridiculous policy of not disclosing what the substance was (that was bargained for by the players' union), no one knows to this day what he popped for.

There's form in the family for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

walshb wrote: »
    Bizarre...

Is he really? 12 inch reach advantage and with gear he manages a decision in first fight and the second fight was pretty even up until the head kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Bizarre...

Juicing his whole career i'd guess, maybe he tried to fight clean vs Saint Preux and realized that performance wasn't good enough to beat DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DC KO/TKO
    They should just ban him and be done with him for good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Woodley Sub
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    They should just ban him and be done with him for good.

There's that, but look at all this money he makes them! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    Bizarre...

Clearly superior because of PED's? It's a fair question at this point.

Many people are suggesting Jones cheated his entire career, returned clean against OSP, wasn't happy with how 'human' he fought, and went back to the juice. His whole family have a history of failing drug tests, both of his brothers have been banned for it in other sports. It would seem the Jones clan attitude is "cheat your way to the top".

Let's just assume for one second he's an out-and-out cheater... his whole career...

If that's true, then he's living proof that cheaters prosper. He's made tens of millions in his career in the UFC. Matt Hamill came out guns blazing calling him a cheater.

Woodley Sub
    His whole family have a history of failing drug tests, both of his brothers have been banned for it in other sports. It would seem the Jones clan attitude is "cheat your way to the top".

Eh, Chandler Jones has never tested positive or been banned for anything (let alone drugs).

Clearly superior because of PED's? It's a fair question at this point.

I was thinking this...

DC for me is just not near Jones's overall level and ability, despite the fight being somewhat close...

Maia Decision
    Eh, Chandler Jones has never tested positive or been banned for anything (let alone drugs).

Ok fair, Arthur has been and the NFL did put Chandler in the substance abuse program for the incident where he rocked up to a police station high as a kite and was hospitalized for unknown substances which they claimed was synthetic marijuana.

Anyway, the family have drug issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mark Hunt is a straight savage :pac:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHlrF8A1jT/
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who gives me strength plus the juice ����������

Woodley Sub
    the NFL did put Chandler in the substance abuse program

No, they didn't.

Chandler Jones has as clean a record as anybody in the NFL when it comes to drugs, PEDs or anything of the sort. He's never tested positive, he's never been banned and he's never entered any programs.

I think you're misreading whatever Google results you're finding! Click into the links first, it usually helps :)
    ...for the incident where he rocked up to a police station high as a kite and was hospitalized for unknown substances which they claimed was synthetic marijuana.

And this is horrendously over the top phrasing by you! Looks like you didn't find anything solid to back up your claim, so you resorted to tabloid tactics of incriminating him with your language instead of, you know, what actually happened!

Chandler Jones took synthetic marijuana - perfectly legal in Massachusetts where he resided at the time - at his house with some friends. He had a bad reaction, and was advised to go to the police station down the road from his house to get medical help.

He walked over to the police station - by all accounts very disorientated - and outside the station announced who he was, and knelt on the ground with his hands behind his head to "surrender". I'd like to think that - as a physically imposing black male who was disoriented and not able to fully articulate himself at the time - this was probably the best thing he could do, would you not agree?

He was not arrested, and was given the medical attention he was looking for. That was the end of the matter.

Put it this way - the NFL, who legitimately go out of their way to suspend players for ANY infraction of their policies - took no action against him.

Maia Decision

Put it this way - the NFL, who legitimately go out of their way to suspend players for ANY infraction of their policies - took no action against him.

I'm assuming from your over-the-top defence of Chandler that you're a Patriots fan pining for his return.

I'll stand corrected but there's a whole lot of drug-related stuff between the 3 of them.

Woodley Sub
    I'm assuming from your over-the-top defence of Chandler that you're a Patriots fan pining for his return.

I'm just a guy who, as a rule, tends not to comment on things I know nothing about. I don't like putting my foot in my mouth :)

Maia Decision
    I'm just a guy who, as a rule, tends not to comment on things I know nothing about. I don't like putting my foot in my mouth :)

Yeah, yeah :D You're just upset Belichick sent him packing. ;)

I'm a guy, as a rule, who is sceptical about professional athletes using synthetic marijuana and being hospitalized six days before a huge Play-offs game. It's not a good idea on any level.

As a rule, I'm suspicious when 3 brothers, who are all supposed to be professional athletes, seem to like drugs a lot, whether it's marijuana, cocaine, steroids ... or stuff contained in "d1ck pills"...

I suspect they have about one brain cell between the 3 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Woodley Sub
    I was thinking this...

DC for me is just not near Jones's overall level and ability, despite the fight being somewhat close...

Both fights were close, with Jones juicing likely for most of his career. With no PEDs those fights could've had very different outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For me, DC won both round 1 and 2. I've rewatched it since and came to the same conclusion.

He got knocked out in round 3 because he was getting tired. He was slowing down. The pace was high. Jones is a cheat and his cheating would definately help in the cardio department.

I'm not saying he isnt talented, but when you are a proven multiple time cheat.......all of your ability and accomplishments should be seriously scrutinized. Would a clean Jones have been able to keep up with the pace of a clean DC? We'll never know. But we DO know Jones is a cheat. Jones is taking PEDS while DC is leaning on towels. The difference there is f*cking huge. DC is a class act and I hope he doesn't retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Kirby wrote: »
    For me, DC won both round 1 and 2. I've rewatched it since and came to the same conclusion.

He got knocked out in round 3 because he was getting tired. He was slowing down. The pace was high. Jones is a cheat and his cheating would definately help in the cardio department.

I'm not saying he isnt talented, but when you are a proven multiple time cheat.......all of your ability and accomplishments should be seriously scrutinized. Would a clean Jones have been able to keep up with the pace of a clean DC? We'll never know. But we DO know Jones is a cheat. Jones is taking PEDS while DC is leaning on towels. The difference there is f*cking huge. DC is a class act and I hope he doesn't retire.

I actually hope he does retire and see him full time coach and commentate. He's only getting older and slower so he's just going to take more and more damage. The dudes a legend. He doesn't need to prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Woodley KO/TKO
    Bizarre...

He's not. Technically he may be but Jones is physically weaker slower and not as aggressive. I've come to the conclusion that he was on steroids in every fight except OSP and he was dog**** in that fight. That's what Jones is like when he's clean. Don't underestimate just how much of an advantage steroids gives you. There are no genetic freaks only sted heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    I honestly don't think he was that bad in the OSP fight. A bit trigger-shy maybe but that could be chalked down to the short notice. He dominated the whole fight and broke OSP's arm.

Maia Decision
    Chael:

"Turinabol is an expensive drug, it's a Class C felony to possess it. Nobody is smuggling it into the country to accidentally put it into supplements. It's beyond absurd. It was taken intentionally. I've taken clomiphene (what Jones popped for last year) myself and everyone fell for his 'dick pill' thing. Jon Jones is a sociopath who holds up the bible to hide behind but my advice would be to either 'fess up (which he won't) or shut up, take the ban. People are numb to Jon Jones at this point, just take the ban and come back."

I guess he's on the fence about Jon...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Woodley KO/TKO
    Chael:

"Turinabol is an expensive drug, it's a Class C felony to possess it. Nobody is smuggling it into the country to accidentally put it into supplements. It's beyond absurd. It was taken intentionally. I've taken clomiphene (what Jones popped for last year) myself and everyone fell for his 'dick pill' thing. Jon Jones is a sociopath who holds up the bible to hide behind but my advice would be to either 'fess up (which he won't) or shut up, take the ban. People are numb to Jon Jones at this point, just take the ban and come back."

I guess he's on the fence about Jon...

Its not that expensive

I honestly don't think he was that bad in the OSP fight. A bit trigger-shy maybe but that could be chalked down to the short notice. He dominated the whole fight and broke OSP's arm.

I don't think that Jon Jones would have beaten DC though.

Whatever about rds being close for me DC looked like a complete plodder in the octagon against Jones. Out of shape too.

• Advertisement

Whatever about rds being close for me DC looked like a complete plodder in the octagon against Jones. Out of shape too.

In 214? We must have been watching different fights.

Advertisement