Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gamebred wrote: »
    A fight from far afield but I'd watch the **** out of Khabib going up to fight Woodley.

Khabib relies on his size to fight at LW. If he moves up, there are too many people he can't take down. And with his stand up being absolutely awful, I'd wager he's getting knocked out against most of the top 10.

People rave about his "Sambo" but in virtually all of his fights he's the bigger man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Maia Decision
    mailburner wrote: »
    who fights woodley next?
    There's nobody there right now unless condit got a second shot and it seems the only other guy on a win streak is colby covington who would be unbearable if he ever gets his hands on that strap.
    I'd fancy either condit or masival to beat woodley.

Lawler for a rematch?
    Condit has lost the last 2 - Maia and Lawler - both who lost to Woodley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Conor beats woodley.

GSP beats Bisping.

Conor v GSP for the lightweight/welterweight/Middleweight titles hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

D.Q wrote: »
    Conor beats woodley.

GSP beats Bisping.

Conor v GSP for the lightweight/welterweight/Middleweight titles hahaha

Crazy match-ups, yes, but not in the realm of the unthinkable. WME-IMG would only be salivating at the prospect. With Jones and Lesnar too it'd set up a nice 2018 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Inviere

I don't see Conor beating Woodley easily, Woodley is so bloody fast & powerful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lesnar too it'd set up a nice 2018 for them.

Lesnar will likely be back but that isn't happening for at least a year. He still has his suspension and then has to rejoin the USADA testing pool for 6 months.

After the Hunt legal sh*t-show, they arent going to risk cutting corners with him again. It opens them up too much.

Jones will likely fight Gus next. Or maybe the winner of Gus/Volkan. Either way, it wont be Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Inviere wrote: »

Errrrrr, so's Conor ;) And i'd bet a lot more accurate too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

DC KO/TKO
    Lawler for a rematch?
    Condit has lost the last 2 - Maia and Lawler - both who lost to Woodley.
    It's as likely as anything I reckon though result would be the same Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Inviere

Has Condit ever had a crack at Woodley?

I reckon Robbie is asleep by the end of the 1st again if there's a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Maia Decision

correct, in no way does conor beat woodley, too much power.

woodley also takes him down at will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

DC KO/TKO

can't believe it's over three years now since they fought
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/16/5513700/ufc-171-results-tyron-woodley-finishes-carlos-condit-via-injury-tko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    Condit is done, can't see him coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Maia Decision
    Inviere wrote:

Good fight up until the injury. Woodley was very explosive in that fight and had Condit rocked a few times. I seem to recall that Condit was coming back into it a bit and the tide seemed to be turning until the injury.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He also seems quite disciplined in how he fights, he's not going to do anything silly against Conor if the fight were to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub
    Let mike perry bang with woodley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Woodley Sub
    ricero wrote: »
    Let mike perry bang with woodley

He's not even ranked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub
    He's not even ranked.

I know its mad. Would love to see him fight masvidal next it be a barn burner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Maia Decision
    He's not even ranked.

When you think about it WW and MW are in a bit of a mess at the moment. No clear contenders at WW and at MW the only guy who deserves a shot is injured. Ignoring the GSP "superfight".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Hahahaha Jon Jones is such a **** up. Total clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Woodley Sub
    For ****'s sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Christ all mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    Paully D wrote: »
    Please don't fall for Jones' spiel and think he has changed (for the 6th time). Amazing fighter, but scumbag of the highest order.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Meh I don't believe it. Apparently he tested clean all thru fight camp then the post weigh in test comes up with a positive? Something fishy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

.ak wrote: »
    Meh I don't believe it. Apparently he tested clean all thru fight camp then the post weigh in test comes up with a positive? Something fishy there.

So did Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Woodley KO/TKO
    The goat lovers all saying its a fix lol, the goat was never the goat. Silva is the goat soon to be overtaken however still the goat for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Woodley Sub

That's because estrogen blockers etc would've hidden any juice. . .

He probably mistimed his cycle meaning that any blockers were worn out before the other substances were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Maia KO/TKO

So the fact he tested positive is fishy, not the fact that he tested negative for weeks only for a scientific test to give a positive result for a specific steroid the night before the fight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

What a moron. I, like many others, really thought he had turned a corner. I hope this ban is far lengthier than the last

Advertisement