Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Jon Jones Sub
    Very satisfying win that. I would have liked Rumble to be the man to smash Cormier's mouthpiece in but Jonny Bones being the one to finally do it is probably most fitting. "The king stay the king".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

DC KO/TKO
    mailburner wrote: »

same goes for maia but I'm holding no hope there for him sadly, he'll be made stand for most of this and that won't be good for him, I predict a lot of booing in the opening round with very little actually happening

Never wanted to be wrong so badly :(
    That fight could have been called after the 1st round
    I'd love to see Masvidal get next shot but it's unlikely

Great performance by Jones, it has to be gus next, what a fake human being that guy is, no matter what that guy has to go through in life it won't change him one iota
    It's a pity rumble has retired..would give anything to see him take on Jones. ..maybe he might come back

It was brave by knight calling out Lamas but when you've just beaten chas Kelly then calling out the number 3 guy was a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Not much reaction to jones saying he was off steroids for the first and second fight with DC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not much reaction to jones saying he was off steroids for the first and second fight with DC

I didn't hear that comment but it seems if it's convenient, it'll be brushed under the carpet.

The same with Brock Lesnar. His name should be a dirty word given what happened at UFC 200 and him clearly being allowed to participate when juiced despite the UFC knowing, just because they were desperate after losing their main event, yet it's all well and good again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Fell asleep during the woodley fight as is understandable and missed the JJ DC Brawl - just watching DC'S interview - poor bastard! shed a lil tear meself :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub
    Jasus dana really went in hard on tyron woodley in the post fight press conferance.

Rogan is a right dickhead doing that interview with DC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    Brocks suspension is frozen while hes out of the usada programme, cant happen till middle of next year so hopefully Gus fight gets done, would probably go to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

Woodley Sub
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

Heres the video, from 5.20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jon Jones Sub
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Heres the video, from 5.20

Madness that it hasnt been picked up, you have to have been on them to come off them.

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus dana really went in hard on tyron woodley in the post fight press conferance.

Rogan is a right dickhead doing that interview with DC

I dont think so - it turned out badly, but I presume Rogan thought the fight meant that much to DC he would want to speak afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What a strange thing for Jones to say

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What a strange thing for Jones to say

What a strange thing for jones to admit you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hypothetical question, Cormier goes away for 6 months and loses 20 pounds of fat and is now in the 185 division, would he walk through the division?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hypothetical question, Cormier goes away for 6 months and loses 20 pounds of fat and is now in the 185 division, would he walk through the division?

Cormier aint losing 20lbs ever

Probably would fly through it and it's what he should do. He's never gonna fight Cain in HW, unless jones messes up then it's pointless continuing in LHW. MW makes sense for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

Woodley Sub
    Not a hope in hell DC could make 185

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    Its possible but he wouldnt be the same fighter, would be severely diminished, needs to go fight at heavyweight Cain aint coming back soon so **** him theres great match ups there for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

xtal191 wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell DC could make 185
    He'd be swinging off the towel at the weigh in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision

As controversial as this will sound, I think DC would have a great chance against Stipe, nevermind middleweight.

Let's be real, a lot of people like John Kavanagh, Bisping etc had it 2-0 DC going into the 3rd, others had it 1-1... either way he was extremely competitive.

Cormier's wrestling would probably come more into play against Stipe, he's not giving up as much reach, Stipe wouldn't be able to get double-wrist-control quite as easily and DC is unbeaten at heavyweight.

Basically what I'm trying to say is other than Jon Jones, I think DC could beat anybody in the UFC. It'd make sense for Stipe (high profile fight) and it'd make sense for Cormier (immediate chance at redemption).

As much as I'd love to see it, DC v Oezdemir or Gustafsson makes no sense for DC because even if he wins, he won't be getting a 3rd shot at Jones.

Retire or challenge Stipe imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DC KO/TKO
    Did anyone hear Robbie lawlers corner during the fight when they were telling him to target the body,and you could hear his corner shouting out something like "the man aint got no liver".

• Advertisement

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Robbie lawlers corner during the fight when they were telling him to target the body,and you could hear his corner shouting out something like "the man aint got no liver".

Cerrone has half his intestines removed after a bike crash, is incredbly vulnerable to body shots which is why he gets hit in the face so much, keeps his hands very low!

ardinn wrote: »
    Cormier aint losing 20lbs ever

He has plenty of fat to lose, it must take serious effort to keep his weight so high with all the training.

If we could take 20 pounds from DC and stick it in Rockhold and get them to swap divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Woodley KO/TKO
    Axwell wrote: »

I remember thinking "Joe you hypocrite!" after what he said after the Overeem incident.

It should be official policy not to interview KO'd fighters and they should probably put it in the hands of the doctor to ensure they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Woodley KO/TKO
    He has plenty of fat to lose, it must take serious effort to keep his weight so high with all the training.

If we could take 20 pounds from DC and stick it in Rockhold and get them to swap divisions.

The guy can't lose weight for ****. He loves his food and I'm pretty sure he's not on any roids so his training regime probably isn't as intense as you might think. Jones was bragging about training 4 times a day. If true that's a suspiciously high workload for a clean athlete.

marcus001 wrote: »
    The guy can't lose weight for ****. He loves his food and I'm pretty sure he's not on any roids so his training regime probably isn't as intense as you might think. Jones was bragging about training 4 times a day. If true that's a suspiciously high workload for a clean athlete.

He has never had to lose weight before if he wanted to lose weight it would fall off him very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maia Decision
    DC is not going to MW..

video-daniel-cormier-mma-all-about-that-cake.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub
    Anyone think DC may retire ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    Thought Dana was spot on giving Woodley a reality check. Nobody in their right mind would pay to watch him fight after the last 3 non fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Inviere

I had DC at 2-0 by the 3rd, but fook me a switch was flipped in the 3rd. The head kick obviously done the damage, but those shots on the ground were BRUTAL. DC's head was flush against the canvas, while JJ's fist was flush against DC's head. I normally feel Big John is one of the best ref's, but he let that slide way too long. DC took about 6/7 serious blows over the ear...it looked awful, & downright dangerous.

I'm not very up on Jon Jones, but thought he was a class act in the ring, & post-win was hugely respectful of DC. I wouldn't beat DC up at all for how he reacted after the loss, he was on another planet. I'm aware that JJ has the hit & run thing hanging over him, & the USADA thing from the previously cancelled fight, but what is it that people call him a scumbag for? I mean it's not as other fighters never juiced. Genuinely asking :)

Advertisement