Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

All quiet on here today.................. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

All quiet on here today.................. :(

I'm waiting to be called for interview. I was told my batch would be starting on 4/9/2017. So just waiting for the date and time....

Areas wrote: »
    I'm waiting to be called for interview. I was told my batch would be starting on 4/9/2017. So just waiting for the date and time....

Ah hope your interview goes well. Did you do any practice with a career coach? I went to a career coach before my interview and it nailed it for me. I failed the interview in 2014 so needed to get help on it.

Best of luck - don't forget to follow the "STAR" structure during your interview - if you haven't heard of it google it as it is very helpful !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Ah hope your interview goes well. Did you do any practice with a career coach? I went to a career coach before my interview and it nailed it for me. I failed the interview in 2014 so needed to get help on it.

Best of luck - don't forget to follow the "STAR" structure during your interview - if you haven't heard of it google it as it is very helpful !

The STAR model was the best advice I was given by a colleague going for my interview!! It makes everything so easy to remember in the interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Good luck to everyone with interviews next week. I'm in on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for us all! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Stephr85 wrote: »
    Brilliant, well done!! What dept did you get assigned to?
    Justice and Equality which I'm happy enough with

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

I just got an email from PAS regarding a Health and Character clearance,(I am a serving CS) how long once that has been processed does an offer of placement come?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Perth11

I just got an email from PAS regarding a Health and Character clearance,(I am a serving CS) how long once that has been processed does an offer of placement come?
    Thanks

Hi tinkerbell, is it from the cork panel you are being called do you mind me asking? Be great if it was starting.
    I would be coming from la so don't know how clearance works for serving cs.
    Hope it goes smoothly for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

May I query if anyone on this panel has been place in Revenue?
    If so what Regions please? And/or panel number you were placed?

I'm looking at the Tipperary/Limerick/Kilkenny regions......
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

Perth11 wrote: »
    Hi tinkerbell, is it from the cork panel you are being called do you mind me asking? Be great if it was starting.
    I would be coming from la so don't know how clearance works for serving cs.
    Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Hi Perth,
    Ya it's the cork panel, was wondering when it would start moving!! Thanks, hopefully you get called soon yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

god, so glad the cork panel is moving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Come on Galway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Thanks
    It took just under 2 weeks from the time I got the health and character form to when I got the message to say my clearance was complete. The message also informed me which department I am being assigned to. I am still waiting for my start date etc. I am also a CS so did not have to do Garda vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 veadar100

Hi Perth,
    Ya it's the cork panel, was wondering when it would start moving!! Thanks, hopefully you get called soon yourself

That's great, I'm top 5 on Cork open and was watching my phone for last two weeks. Just a a small bit more waiting hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella1978

Does anyone know what the status is for the Limerick panel? How many have been contacted or placed? I'm in the top 25 for limerick - wondering if I will realistically ever get a job out of all this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

Does anyone know what number they are on the Dublin Panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I wonder how many are on the regional panels from batch 1 for the smaller counties e.g Laois, Offaly etc? Does anyone has a placing in the late teens or early twenties for these counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Hello Bella, I am like yourself - only for Galway and Westmeath. Theyre interviewing a second batch now for the regionals - why do that unless they have enough vacancies for all! Just patience!!!!

marmieB wrote: »
    Hello Bella, I am like yourself - only for Galway and Westmeath. Theyre interviewing a second batch now for the regionals - why do that unless they have enough vacancies for all! Just patience!!!!

Yes, that's what I was wondering! It would be good to know the likely amount of positions available. Maybe after the summer hold things will move faster.

Anna1976 wrote: »
    It took just under 2 weeks from the time I got the health and character form to when I got the message to say my clearance was complete. The message also informed me which department I am being assigned to. I am still waiting for my start date etc. I am also a CS so did not have to do Garda vetting.

Thanks for that - I am also a serving CS and completed my Health and Character Declaration last Wednesday, although when I phoned to check they said they only received it on Friday :rolleyes:
    Waiting to hear now - Hopefully won't be long!

• Advertisement

MarmieB there is movement in Galway - I had to do my H&C declaration last week so hopefully we will hear soon !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

Unfortunately the tests aren't done by county. It's either Dublin or the rest of the country. Some counties will need a second batch to fill vacancies hence the need for a second batch of interviews. Hate to be a pessimist but a lot of people will be wasting their time going to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Perth11

veadar100 wrote: »
    That's great, I'm top 5 on Cork open and was watching my phone for last two weeks. Just a a small bit more waiting hopefully.

Fingers crossed! Would you mind letting us know when you get your call, please veadar. It'd be great to know they were moving along the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 miami180985

Anyone heard anything for Mayo yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

Bella1978 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the status is for the Limerick panel? How many have been contacted or placed? I'm in the top 25 for limerick - wondering if I will realistically ever get a job out of all this? Thanks.

Was advised today that recruitment has begun but that's it... I'm 6 in the order of merit....

Was advised today that recruitment has begun but that's it... I'm 6 in the order of merit....

Thanks for the update, at least we know it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

Anyone know if or when they plan to call a second group to stage 2 (supervised tests) for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 veadar100

Perth11 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed! Would you mind letting us know when you get your call, please veadar. It'd be great to know they were moving along the panel.

Literally 10 minutes after posting I got a call. Got Garda civilian. Apparently the clearance is longer than most. Has anyone got any idea what is involved in a job in this department.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

Literally 10 minutes after posting I got a call. Got Garda civilian. Apparently the clearance is longer than most. Has anyone got any idea what is involved in a job in this department.

Does that mean you're going to a Garda station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Hi, I've been a Garda Civilian for 10 years and I've loved it. You will most likely be placed in a Garda Station or Garda HQ and the jobs vary. But it is very interesting work. I found anyway :)

Advertisement