Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 megger

Has anyone heard about Wexford or Wicklow? I'm top 5 for Wicklow and top 10 for wexford but haven't heard anything since May when I was told my place on each panel. The waiting is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Guys does any currently serving Civil Servants know what pay scale you start on the EO salary scale? I'm a CO for 10 years so my current salary would be more then the starting pay for an EO?? I'm assuming we don't take a pay cut??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

Stephr85 wrote: »
    Guys does any currently serving Civil Servants know what pay scale you start on the EO salary scale? I'm a CO for 10 years so my current salary would be more then the starting pay for an EO?? I'm assuming we don't take a pay cut??

Steph85 - my understanding is that you will transfer onto the next scale just higher than your current scale - therefore you will not lose money and will only get a slight increase really! I am open to correction on this but it is what my local EO told me recently.

Steph85 - my understanding is that you will transfer onto the next scale just higher than your current scale - therefore you will not lose money and will only get a slight increase really! I am open to correction on this but it is what my local EO told me recently.

Thanks that's the same answer my EO gave me too but she said she wasn't 100% sure. That's fine! Thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

SxQ2449 wrote: »
    It depends if the appointments are from the inter-d or the open panel, I am not 100% sure if the Interdepartmental stream of this campaign is considered a 'confined' competition or not (Like an internal promotion would be). My understanding of starting pay on promotion is as follows (open to correction)

Promotion through an open competition the options are A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) whichever is more favorable

Through confined competition A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) plus an immediate increment on the new scale whichever is more favorable
    That is the Pre 95 scale (anyone who joined the civil service before 1995 and are a B rate PRSI).

For anyone after 1995 the scale is
    €28,739 €30,712 €31,821 €33,687 €35,360 €36,977 €38,588 €40,166 €41,760 €43,311 €44,909 €45,967 €47,473¹ €48,975²
    Thanks that's the same answer my EO gave me too but she said she wasn't 100% sure. That's fine! Thanks a mill!!

Stephr85 - see post above on how starting pay on promotion is calculated, it is likely an officer will be 'off point' for a period of time if the scenarios above leave you between points on the EO Scale and then you go 'on point' after a certain amount of time.

• Advertisement

Stephr85 - see post above on how starting pay on promotion is calculated, it is likely an officer will be 'off point' for a period of time if the scenarios above leave you between points on the EO Scale and then you go 'on point' after a certain amount of time.

Thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

New Interdepartmental HEO announced. You need to have 2 years service by or on the 5/9/2017. I would have that on the 14/9/2017. Very frustrating.

Areas wrote: »
    New Interdepartmental HEO announced. You need to have 2 years service by or on the 5/9/2017. I would have that on the 14/9/2017. Very frustrating.

What qualifications do you need with this aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Where is this advertised? I'm an existing Civil Servant but I haven't seen it advertised yet.

Where is this advertised? I'm an existing Civil Servant but I haven't seen it advertised yet.

I got an e-mail about it today.

• Advertisement

What qualifications do you need with this aswell?

Just the usual "must have management experience, can't be on probation etc."

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Perth11

veadar100 wrote: »
    Literally 10 minutes after posting I got a call. Got Garda civilian. Apparently the clearance is longer than most. Has anyone got any idea what is involved in a job in this department.

Congratulations! A few more retirements and I might get a call too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Perth11

Thanks a mill!!

Steph, where I work (la), you would be put on the point nearest but not below your current pay, plus one increment on the new scale. So if your pay was 33,857 for example, you would be put on 36,977.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Bella1978 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the status is for the Limerick panel? How many have been contacted or placed? I'm in the top 25 for limerick - wondering if I will realistically ever get a job out of all this? Thanks.

When I rang 2 weeks ago they had placed 4 in limerick. I am no7 but will be turning it down when they rang

marmieB wrote: »
    Hello Bella, I am like yourself - only for Galway and Westmeath. Theyre interviewing a second batch now for the regionals - why do that unless they have enough vacancies for all! Just patience!!!!

MarmieB there is movement in Galway - I had to do my H&C declaration last week so hopefully we will hear soon !:)

What number are you in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

I'm number 8 :D

Perth11 wrote: »
    Steph, where I work (la), you would be put on the point nearest but not below your current pay, plus one increment on the new scale. So if your pay was 33,857 for example, you would be put on 36,977.

Brilliant, Thanks a mill!!!

I'm number 8 :D

I'm no4 and haven't got anything

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I haven't seen anything about this. It seems strange they would have a new competition running when they only interviewed people last week for the previous competition?

Anna1976 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything about this. It seems strange they would have a new competition running when they only interviewed people last week for the previous competition?

I just got the email aswel. I'm on ML but was sent to my personal email by EO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

I just got the email aswel. I'm on ML but was sent to my personal email by EO
    I just looked on Public jobs website and don't see it either, maybe it will make it's way around as the day goes on. I won't have two years service until Jan 18 so wouldn't be eligible unfortunately. It's not 2 years since they began the last competition, the closing date for that was April last year.

So we have all just been assigned to EO positions would that make us eligible to apply? I have the service so that part is fine.

I just got called for EO interview! 5th September.
    Straight away I have questions. They asked for this: (a) The original version and 1 copy of the educational qualifications under which you claim eligibility for this competition (if applicable).
    I'm not sure if I need to bring this with me or not.

So we have all just been assigned to EO positions would that make us eligible to apply? I have the service so that part is fine.

You are eligible once you have 2 years service done in CS. I'm not actually eligible but linked it for those that are

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Thanks Bubbles4you and CrunchyMomma,
    Its a bit weird - number 8 called and not number 4... and this is open panel?
    Happy Days
    Come on Galway! (and i dont just mean hurling!!!)
    I could commute to westmeath alright but am within easy distance of that new regional garda station going up on the east side of the city... and yes they will need EOs. So says my friend who is an EO herself
    Wishing everyone the best of luck.... i think we all deserve medals...

I just got called for EO interview! 5th September.
    Straight away I have questions. They asked for this: (a) The original version and 1 copy of the educational qualifications under which you claim eligibility for this competition (if applicable).
    I'm not sure if I need to bring this with me or not.

Definitely bring it with you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

Perth11 wrote: »

It's not as straight forward as that here :(

It's not as straight forward as that here :(

How so??

• Advertisement

Definitely bring it with you!!!

As in my original Masters cert?

Advertisement