Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Any idea what the hold up with the Coke bikes at the station is about? The stands have been ready since before Christmas.

I wrote to Limerick Smarter Travel about this in January. They said that the NTA are currently testing equipment to be used for this station so they don't have a definitive date yet for when they will be in use.

It's a right pain. I'm heading to the train station this morning. I usually park up at pery square station but it adds longer to the journey. I can't see how it takes so long to test equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Saw a couple of new sign posts for Sarsfield Barracks earlier.

I get the one near Lidl, if you're coming from Childers Road and take a right at Lidl it's just there on the right. It would also help people coming off the motorway through Rosbrien.

I don't get the one at the back of the jail near the trade union though. Surely only locals would be coming up Roxboro rd and turning down Carey's Rd? As in people that don't need sign posts?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Saw a couple of new sign posts for Sarsfield Barracks earlier.

I get the one near Lidl, if you're coming from Childers Road and take a right at Lidl it's just there on the right. It would also help people coming off the motorway through Rosbrien.

I don't get the one at the back of the jail near the trade union though. Surely only locals would be coming up Roxboro rd and turning down Carey's Rd? As in people that don't need sign posts?
    There's also one on the road from the Rossbrien Interchange to where it meets the Childers Road at the lights, and one near the train station too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

The one on the roxboro road is a joke it's behind a telephone pole ffs

Waste of money if ever I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Are they temporary for the parade as that's the staging point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Just some feedback on CEX from my earlier queries. Picked up the handset on tuesday, the member of staff was super super helpful to make sure everything was ok with it. 24 month warranty. Very happy. Given the prices being quoted to fix screens on some models these days its worth thinking about picking up a handset in CEX instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Berty wrote: »
    I wish the one near me is metal on a pole put up specifically for it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was it the Simpsons who made a great point in one of their early episodes about visual pollution? I think it was the one when Homer became safety officer. He had Springfield park covered in warnings and notices and signs and instructions. Looks like we're catching up here, 25+ years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Berty wrote: »

I don't think so. Looked to be metal signs on permanent poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't think so. Looked to be metal signs on permanent poles.

Wouldn't want to be invaded as a nation again. Easy to find where the army hides, that and Google maps i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Wonder will Eurobus run later bus service tonight?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

An File wrote: »
    Was it the Simpsons who made a great point in one of their early episodes about visual pollution? I think it was the one when Homer became safety officer. He had Springfield park covered in warnings and notices and signs and instructions. Looks like we're catching up here, 25+ years later.
    HomerSignAhead_1024.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is there any Turkish or Kurdish barbers in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

TheGunns wrote: »

Not sure, but there's plenty of Shiite ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'll settle for a cheap decent one if that exists

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

TheGunns wrote: »

There is a place at the top of Thomas St, Ali's i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is SportsDirect going to cover both floors in Childers Road (Heatons and SportsWorld)? Also, any idea when it's opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I heard that USC might be going in there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Is it possible to cycle from the Absolute Hotel along the banks the entire way out to UL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Parchment wrote: »
    Is it possible to cycle from the Absolute Hotel along the banks the entire way out to UL?

Yes. It's a very pleasant cycle as it's perfectly flat, it's away from traffic and it's very picturesque too. I'd recommend it to anybody, especially parents who want to take small kids for a cycle in a safe environment, or people who need to travel between UL and the city or vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

you need to cycle up the Corbally Rd and turn right at the traffic lights next to Hooks'n'Ladder, the route starts there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

you need to cycle up the Corbally Rd and turn right at the traffic lights next to Hooks'n'Ladder, the route starts there

Sh/e can start right by the Absolute Hotel at the start of the Park Canal and follow it from there. No need to go near Corbally.

where exactly?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

where exactly?

Around the bend by the petrol station on Clare Street. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My God the amount of beggars in the city today is unbelievable, at least 2 dozen. Aside from the usual bunch there is clearly a begging troupe in the city. More than a dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My God the amount of beggars in the city today is unbelievable, at least 2 dozen. Aside from the usual bunch there is clearly a begging troupe in the city. More than a dozen.

one might say a beggers dozen....no..no ? ah come on....

ill get my coat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

dashoonage wrote: »
    one might say a beggers dozen....no..no ? ah come on....

ill get my coat....

It beggars belief!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

FutureGuy wrote:

There seems to have been a large influx of Roma beggars last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Itsdacraic wrote: »

This post still gives me a good laugh every time I read it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    Around the bend by the petrol station on Clare Street. :)

thanks, last time I was there the whole place was fenced off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement