Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How do they get away with this shoite and then cry that we're all out to get them?

It's the 25th May and I'm bulling already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I know, it's mental isn't it.

My very favourite post game reaction from Les Animaux, was after last years league game v Donegal, the one that was a tad heated.

In the Kerry meeja, their own lads:

Stood up for themselves
    Would not be bullied
    Were cute
    Were manly
    Laid down a marker
    Had no problem with physicality
    Were a bit "undisciplined" at times
    Were passionate
    Exhibited great hunger
    And probably a few more carefully worded phrases than I am forgetting

All nice and warm fuzzy phrases to show themselves in a good light.

But as for how they described the other crowd.....and us when the mood takes them...it's priceless. Butter wouldn't melt etc etc ! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Baaaaaaaastardds! ..... Was that inner voice ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:
    Baaaaaaaastardds! ..... Was that inner voice ?

Nope, still no !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Uh oh... the Keepers are worried... You'd thought how they "humbled" us in the League final and their "quiet" celebrations after the match that they would be more than content...

Pat Spillane had this to say about their angelic ways on the pitch in the 70s:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/my-puke-football-jibe-wrong-says-pat-spillane-450776.html

Jaysus did any of ye bother to read the actual article, Spillane was praising the Dubs, and pointing out how naive the Kerry boys were and that after a few lessons they changed tact, you know imitation being the greatest form of flattery, why all the faux outrage??

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Jaysus did any of ye bother to read the actual article, Spillane was praising the Dubs, and pointing out how naive the Kerry boys were and that after a few lessons they changed tact, you know imitation being the greatest form of flattery, why all the faux outrage??

Us Dubs can't read. And we never travel.

It's sly praise. Sly Kerry, cute hoor, praise. Butter wouldn't melt the way he was going on. And besides. You know what we're on about. Don't play dumb.

Us Dubs can't read. And we never travel.

It's sly praise. Sly Kerry, cute hoor, praise. Butter wouldn't melt the way he was going on. And besides. You know what we're on about. Don't play dumb.

Just trying to fit in :P

danganabu wrote: »
    Just trying to fit in :P

Why bother come in here? Be constructive or don't bother.

Why bother come in here? Be constructive or don't bother.

:D I do like irony.

Congrats on your moderator appointment as well, fair dues.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Not a bad way to go in at half time all the same

• Advertisement

First goal seemed legit too. Touched the ball with his stick.

Bonniedog wrote:

Yeah. It was hard to spot though,

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Kelly is being very harsh on us here.
    Disallowed a fine goal, and that second yellow was very very harsh.

Keeps pulling us up for over carrying but I don't see too much wrong with what were doing compared to Galway.

Plus if he seen Canning's strike then it should have been a red IMO, accidental or not.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Well this is turning out to be an awful embarrassment to be honest, after a half decent first half.

Doesn't help that only one team is being reffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bonniedog wrote: »

Barry kelly has always been a tosser.

Well that was just MEH. Felt flat from the off. Such a shame to see where we are right now, canon fodder for any half decent team.

One, maybe two more games (being very generous) of GC's reign and hopefully we can start the rebuilding in 1b next year. Such a pity as we have some really good young lads coming through but we're seriously lacking experience and leadership out there.

Let's hope it does not have a negative carry over for the 21s game on Wednesday.

Even with Kelly's sometimes weird decisions there was always only going to be one winner. In fairness to the lads who have played this year, they have done their best and not dropped their heads. Hopefully the experience will stand to them.

As for the rest of them, well i'm not sure how they can sit at home and watch their chums being sent out be to be hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

No one hurled with any intensity today. Some were outright apathetic. It was horrible to watch. However, I have some sympathy. There's obviously a toxic atmosphere following the team around and performing in those circumstances is never straightforward. Shefflin said it well on the programme.

Cunningham was on the mark about the ref though. Held each team to a different standard in most areas.

Hetherton's son from Craobh played well when he came on. Can't fault any of them for effort although intensity probably did drop when game was gone.

Having seen them all year I have to say I admire the balls of the younger ones who have played, and the efforts of "older" fellas like Dwyer, Rushie and Crummy. Killer in many games including today has been some horrendous errors. I think at one stage today three straight puck outs went to Galway players for scores. That's obviously down to more than the goalkeeper.

Question for the rest: How come Rushe and Gough and Treacy can line out and they can't? They'll just waltz back in and displace lads who have given their all in difficult circumstances?

• Advertisement

Let's hope it does not have a negative carry over for the 21s game on Wednesday.

Even with Kelly's sometimes weird decisions there was always only going to be one winner. In fairness to the lads who have played this year, they have done their best and not dropped their heads. Hopefully the experience will stand to them.

As for the rest of them, well i'm not sure how they can sit at home and watch their chums being sent out be to be hammered.

Kelly had far too much influence on the game. We were probably going to lose anyway but by christ he gave the tribesmen all the help he could.

The young lads did well today but taking beatings like that does nobody any good.

About the only thing we can take from today is that GC should have been given his marching orders last year.

Remember this the next time Cody gets onto Kelly's case!

I don't honestly think it made much of a difference but he rides certain teams and we are one of them unfortunately. Quinn's first goal was perfectly legal. He touched the ball with his stick after a few steps.

We are not in that league but Cody knows that who has the whistle can determine a game, especially when they have some rather strange interpretations of the rules!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Hi. Don't know the story with Dublin hurlers..........so what is the story, have some left panel as they don't like Ger Cunningham or has Ger axed them
    Or something else ?

Mixture of both. Mess.

Some people think mess will be sorted when Cunningham leaves but as Limerick and Cork prove, it is not as simple as that!

Mixture of both. Mess.

Some people think mess will be sorted when Cunningham leaves but as Limerick and Cork prove, it is not as simple as that!

The damage is done now but it's crystal clear now that GC is not the man to rebuild.

I've nothing against him and wish him well wherever he ends up but I want him gone from the Dublin panel. Far too much messing has gone on under his watch and the county board have an awful lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Will someone have a word with Liam Rushe. Ankle socks and white boots.

What was he thinking.

JRant wrote: »
    The damage is done now but it's crystal clear now that GC is not the man to rebuild.

I've nothing against him and wish him well wherever he ends up but I want him gone from the Dublin panel. Far too much messing has gone on under his watch and the county board have an awful lot to answer for.

He is finished I would assume. They need to park all this cr@p and move on.

It is ironic that we are Leinster minor and 21 champions and won the club All Ireland for first time ever, and Dublin schools winning competitions, and seniors are seemingly back to where Dublin was 20 years ago.

I know some people hate him but it is not all down to Cunningham. Some of the way he has been undermined indeed does not speak highly of the people involved.

Which is why I have not renewed my FODH membership for last few years. One of people inciting anti GC campaign has some fkn balls given his own record!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

It is ironic that we are Leinster minor and 21 champions and won the club All Ireland for first time ever, and Dublin schools winning competitions, and seniors are seemingly back to where Dublin was 20 years ago.

I know some people hate him but it is not all down to Cunningham. Some of the way he has been undermined indeed does not speak highly of the people involved.

Which is why I have not renewed my FODH membership for last few years. One of people inciting anti GC campaign has some fkn balls given his own record!

Hi. Did all this happen straight after Anthony Daly left and Ger got the new job or has it only happened in last few weeks ?

How come Rushe is still playing, he being the old school brigade etc ?

Nobody involved comes out smelling of roses as far as I'm concerned. The main point I take from it is that the results have been nowhere near good enough and no serious outfit would have continued with GC after last year alone.

To be completely honest all those involved have let the side down one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

djPSB wrote: »
    Will someone have a word with Liam Rushe. Ankle socks and white boots.

What was he thinking.

Have a heart!! :pac:

https://twitter.com/LiamRushe/status/869219852065615874

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement