Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

danganabu wrote: »
    Not like Diarmuid Connolly or Philly McMahon would ever resort or anything like that :D

Your clear hatred for Kerry is very obvious to everyone and the only question that remains is why, maybe if you talk about it the healing process can begin :D

Probably something involving the number 37 I'd reckon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

robbiezero wrote:
    Probably something involving the number 37 I'd reckon.

1937???

I'd say it's historic alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I don't hate Kerry at all!

But anyone who knows them realises they are no angels. Dublin having upper hand on them is pure hell to them and they will do anything to overturn that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Still no word where Dublins first All Ireland football match will be then?

Its not that far away now like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

Still no word where Dublins first All Ireland football match will be then?

Its not that far away now like!

Small matter of a game this weekend first.

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Small matter of a game this weekend first.

If its not going to be in Dublin surely let people know more then a week ahead of time though.

Especially seeing as its 7pm on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

If its not going to be in Dublin surely let people know more then a week ahead of time though.

Especially seeing as its 7pm on a Saturday night.

Its not on in Dublin, that was confirmed months ago. It's in either Wexford, portlaoise and rumours of maybe Nolan Park

Its not on in Dublin, that was confirmed months ago. It's in either Wexford, portlaoise and rumours of maybe Nolan Park

Ya i wasnt sure cause i couldn't find a confirmation anywhere online. Even Gaa.ie still hadnt mentioned it being confirmed.

I figured they would go along with the same as same season though.

Gaa.ie have an old article up on there site saying it wasnt decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah only got a whisper at the weekend that Wexford (if they win) are not all that pushed on hosting it - so Nowlan maybe on the radar in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Yes, but they would love it if they beat Dublin by seeming to bully them. Anyone who tries to do Fenton needs a good smack. Sounds terrible but that's what it may come down to. That bollix Murphy nearly decapitated him last year but I think it was Jonny Cooper exacted almost immediate vengeance :)

Do you want a fight or do you want to win

• Advertisement

Do you want a fight or do you want to win

It is a fight.

Did you see the game in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I thought it was Portlaoise or Wexford depending on the winner of Carlow v Wexford today?

Delighted it won't be Wexford as Portlaoise has more trains in and out. The last train from Rosslare via Wexford to Connolly leaves ten minutes before the ferry docks if you can figure out that logic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

Has to be moved to Kilkenny surely? Not enough space in Portlaoise to hold such a crowd with all the Dublin season ticket holders as well. Unless something has changed in 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hopefully not Kilkenny like last year match on at 7 and last train leaving before the match was over, Also the bank holiday weekend with the Cat laughs festival.Neighbour was quoted €180 the night for a b&b.
    I know o Moore park holds a lot less but it's right in the town plus plenty of trains heading to Heuston.Anyone know when the venue be picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Hopefully not Kilkenny like last year match on at 7 and last train leaving before the match was over, Also the bank holiday weekend with the Cat laughs festival.Neighbour was quoted €180 the night for a b&b.
    I know o Moore park holds a lot less but it's right in the town plus plenty of trains heading to Heuston.Anyone know when the venue be picked.
    Leinster Gaa had it on their Twitter as Portlaois 3rd June at 7pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

Well then, things have changed in 12 months. Strange. Still no away game for Dublin since 2006!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Whens the last time we played Carlow in the championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

corny wrote: »
    Whens the last time we played Carlow in the championship?

2002 i think??? same day as an ireland world cup game ..........why i remember this i have no idea :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Gael85

2002 i think??? same day as an ireland world cup game ..........why i remember this i have no idea :confused:

We played Wexford in Dr Cullen Park that day. I'd say we haven't played Carlow since the eighties

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

I did a quick google. It was 1988 apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

corny wrote:
    I did a quick google. It was 1988 apparently.

I was at that I think. The last country Stoner died in Carlow about 20 years ago. That one have been one the old man wouldn't miss anyway.

the only thing I remember about Carlow really is beating the hurlers one time. That was during the Dark Times...or should I say, the first Dark Times!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Am I the only one craving a packet of Opel Fruits watching the Carlow highlights on TSG. Or Skittles. Skittles would do.

Shame how far Wexico have fallen. They would have had us well beaten back in 2012, but for Ben Brosnan getting a horrendous dose of the scutters on the frees. I remember walking out of Croker & knowing that there was no effing way we were going to do back to back All Irelands. All the winter optimism, that we'd would be the ones to buck the trend, went right out the window that day. So when hammer finally fell 2 months later against Mayo, it wasn't all that bad of a shock. Five years ago now...Jayzus !

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Am I the only one craving a packet of Opel Fruits watching the Carlow highlights on TSG. Or Skittles. Skittles would do.

Shame how far Wexico have fallen. They would have had us well beaten back in 2012, but for Ben Brosnan getting a horrendous dose of the scutters on the frees. I remember walking out of Croker & knowing that there was no effing way we were going to do back to back All Irelands. All the winter optimism, that we'd would be the ones to buck the trend, went right out the window that day. So when hammer finally fell 2 months later against Mayo, it wasn't all that bad of a shock. Five years ago now...Jayzus !

You are coping with it well. In fairness :)

Traffic lights is their local nickname.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bonniedog wrote: »
    You are coping with it well. In fairness :)

Traffic lights is their local nickname.

Brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You had a game in Carlow in 2002 but it was against Wexford... Whelan mentioned it on TST.

Ireland Cameroon was the game according to him. Think it was an 8am kick-off. He mentioned that there was a streaker or two thanks to some well oiled supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

PARlance wrote: »
    You had a game in Carlow in 2002 but it was against Wexford... Whelan mentioned it on TST.

Ireland Cameroon was the game according to him. Think it was an 8am kick-off. He mentioned that there was a streaker or two thanks to some well oiled supporters.

be careful how you word them posts , the only time i become one of them is after a 3 day donkey and cart expedition up the m7 from the west coast , ( usally between the 5th and 8th of december ;) )

PARlance wrote:

I work with said streaker. I'll ring him tomorrow

be careful how you word them posts , the only time i become one of them is after a 3 day donkey and cart expedition up the m7 from the west coast , ( usally between the 5th and 8th of december ;) )

:eek:

There is so much I would like to ask, but I won't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ball In Towards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement