Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gossies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

This post has been deleted.

Ditto dogs. I don't care if your dog is your "baby", no-one else does either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Khaigs

Grace is the biggest offender though. Sinead, Rosie, Pippa all have babies but thankfully they have a brain & know they'll lose followers if it's 24/7 baby snaps. Seriously, someone please tell grace we think her bent is cute but it STOPS there. Please stop showing snaps of Sienna ALL day EVERY day. It's boring. Especially as she's a feckin beauty blogger & not a baby blogger or whatever the he'll she thinks she is these days. We don't give a ****e 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I think this just proves that the Gossies are a load of nothing. Grace being influencer of the year just makes me laugh. I agree with you with the constant baby snaps. I don't have a baby, but I have a big interest in the beauty industry and she really isn't influential at all. How is she a deserved winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Khaigs wrote: »
    Grace is the biggest offender though. Sinead, Rosie, Pippa all have babies but thankfully they have a brain & know they'll lose followers if it's 24/7 baby snaps. Seriously, someone please tell grace we think her bent is cute but it STOPS there. Please stop showing snaps of Sienna ALL day EVERY day. It's boring. Especially as she's a feckin beauty blogger & not a baby blogger or whatever the he'll she thinks she is these days. We don't give a ****e 😡

I fully agree. The thing is though, even if she is here reading these comments, I still don't think it will make her stop all the repetitive snaps. Its like she just doesn't get it plus, after winning the best snapchatter award, its now even more highly unlikely that she will cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

In all honesty, how did she win best influencer!?! I can't fathom it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

scarbouro wrote: »
    In all honesty, how did she win best influencer!?! I can't fathom it!

How did she win the award sponsored by Meaghers' Pharmacy? Gosh, who knows!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

ratmouse wrote: »
    I fully agree. The thing is though, even if she is here reading these comments, I still don't think it will make her stop all the repetitive snaps. Its like she just doesn't get it plus, after winning the best snapchatter award, its now even more highly unlikely that she will cop on.

Anyone who would disagree with her or her content is a hater or is bullying her....:rolleyes:

Haha, just goes to prove what RMC & Paul from White Moose Cafe said is 100% accurate. The blogger who promotes the sponsor of the award wins. It's not an accomplishment by any means. It's pathetic. I'd hate to win something like that, I'd feel stupid that I can't win an award off my own merit.
    I do believe grace reads these as it was well publicised around the time of Gossie Gate that there was a discussion on here about her. Well if she doesn't read her sister probably dies & should tell her how pathetic she is.

Mod note - banned for being uncivil

Ginny wrote: »
    Anyone who would disagree with her or her content is a hater or is bullying her....:rolleyes:

Same with all the main bloggers especially Fairy and Su. If you as much as say one thing out of line,then all the fawns com at you thick and strong with the same old lines :

- did your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say....
    - that comment just shows how jealous you are of X
    - haterz gonna h8
    - you only wish you were X you jealous hater
    - X is an inspiration, leave her alone
    - keep doing what you're doing X and never mind the haters

In some cases, the mother of a blogger may even come onto social media and leave a post against the original poster's comment and follow this up with sickly sweet praise of her child. Then original poster is inevitably blocked. And yet there are awards such as the Gossies for so called professionals who conduct their business in this manner! But don't mind me, I'm just a jealous h8r!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Haha, just goes to prove what RMC & Paul from White Moose Cafe said is 100% accurate. The blogger who promotes the sponsor of the award wins. It's not an accomplishment by any means. It's pathetic. I'd hate to win something like that, I'd feel stupid that I can't win an award off my own merit.
    I do believe grace reads these as it was well publicised around the time of Gossie Gate that there was a discussion on here about her. Well if she doesn't read her sister probably dies & should tell her how pathetic she is.

Pathetic, idiot? Someone has a bee in their bonnet.

That being said I don't think photos of kids should be public. Sharing them with close friends and family is just about ok but putting them into public domain especially for commercial purposes is wrong in my book. And I don't care if it's one picture or 5000. So I wouldn't say other bloggers who advertise their kids are any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

meeeeh wrote: »

Pathetic, idiot? Someone has a bee in their bonnet.

That being said I don't think photos of kids should be public. Sharing them with close friends and family is just about ok but putting them into public domain especially for commercial purposes is wrong in my book. And I don't care if it's one picture or 5000. So I wouldn't say other bloggers who advertise their kids are any better.

Don't see 'Pathetic idiot' in her post..

You are so so accurate. The majority of them bloggers are stuck in a make up rut without any other qualifications so have no choice but to bore us. I know there's lots out there with plenty of brains & have lots to attribute. But poor Grace is a mum & a make up artist so that's all she can do in life hence her snaps are so bloody boring. She knows nothing else. I can't imagine she was the cleverest of students at school either.

Don't see 'Pathetic idiot' in her post..

Sorry it was said that 'others have brain' in previous post and pathetic in the next one. I was told before how nice everyone is around here and it's only constructive criticism. Clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You are so so accurate. The majority of them bloggers are stuck in a make up rut without any other qualifications so have no choice but to bore us. I know there's lots out there with plenty of brains & have lots to attribute. But poor Grace is a mum & a make up artist so that's all she can do in life hence her snaps are so bloody boring. She knows nothing else. I can't imagine she was the cleverest of students at school either.

That's extremely insulting. Makeup Artistry is an Art and not everyone is able to just qualify in it. If you're so bored by MUAs on Snapchat, why are you following them?

Why do you follow them? If they know nothing and are still making money, what does that make their followers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

To keep the thread on topic, I see Unislim are giving away one of the Gossies goody bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

Mekekka wrote: »
    To keep the thread on topic, I see Unislim are giving away one of the Gossies goody bags!

Where did you see that? Do they have a snap account...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

That's extremely insulting. Makeup Artistry is an Art and not everyone is able to just qualify in it. If you're so bored by MUAs on Snapchat, why are you following them?

I would hope that what she meant was that some of these bloggers are stuck in a make-up rut themselves! They never change up their own make-up so they aren't much use for showing us new products. A lot of them wear the same make-up every day (as do most people if they're not going on nights out.)

It definitely is an art. I'd consider myself very good at doing my own make-up but I hate doing other people's. It's very hard to know what suits someone else's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I don't think she does get it reason being most bloggers have listened to what people are saying and have changed their ways, being more transparent and showing less baby snaps ect.
    Grace is still doing what she's always done cats food her partner and sister and now the baby. I believe she thinks she has high numbers due to her influence , some people watch because every few weeks she causes controversy and also some people skip snaps .. a little baby snap is lovely but 24/7 is so boring

if you have nothing to snap don't snap. I actually look forward to watching people who have good content. Some people sit down at the end of the day and watch Snapchat I'd say they have to skip millions of baby snaps to find decent content. I really think that award was not meant for grace.

Same with all the main bloggers especially Fairy and Su. If you as much as say one thing out of line,then all the fawns com at you thick and strong with the same old lines :

- did your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say....
    - that comment just shows how jealous you are of X
    - haterz gonna h8
    - you only wish you were X you jealous hater
    - X is an inspiration, leave her alone
    - keep doing what you're doing X and never mind the haters

In some cases, the mother of a blogger may even come onto social media and leave a post against the original poster's comment and follow this up with sickly sweet praise of her child. Then original poster is inevitably blocked. And yet there are awards such as the Gossies for so called professionals who conduct their business in this manner! But don't mind me, I'm just a jealous h8r!

That's so funny lol and true..
    mothers commenting on posts sure remember last year when people questioned Rosie's transparency her partner messaged a few people and threatened to straighten them out I read that on a thread here and on social media.
    It's madness.. who is nominating these girls for awards like gossies ??

• Advertisement

Cria wrote: »
    That's so funny lol and true..
    mothers commenting on posts sure remember last year when people questioned Rosie's transparency her partner messaged a few people and threatened to straighten them out I read that on a thread here and on social media.
    It's madness.. who is nominating these girls for awards like gossies ??

Threatening to straighten them out, really? That's ridiculous. And so unprofessional.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Sorry it was said that 'others have brain' in previous post and pathetic in the next one. I was told before how nice everyone is around here and it's only constructive criticism. Clearly.

I find the people who give the most insults are usually new people and what they say usually shuts a thread down .. suspicious??
    Anyway most posts are constructive criticism and people having an opinion..

Threatening to straighten them out, really? That's ridiculous. And so unprofessional.

Yes he did that a few times it was on
    A thread here last year .. I wonder does Ali and her team not look into all these people before she nominates them
    For gossies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

Where did you see that? Do they have a snap account...

It's on their Twitter account, just happened to randomly see it today. So they clearly aren't distancing themselves from it, as yet anyway.
    And any person connected to a blogger coming on to threaten people is just crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Has Grace deleted reviews on her FB page? I didn't think you could actually do that, but I can't see any 'review' otion on there?

Has Grace deleted reviews on her FB page? I didn't think you could actually do that, but I can't see any 'review' otion on there?

Just had a look there, looks like the reviews and visitor posts are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Question re Grace, I've known her name and did follow her over the last few months, but before all the baby lark were her snaps any good, and was she actually creating any content? I'm the same as a few here, only went back following her for the Gossies drama, and am so glad to see how many people are seeing the wood for the trees in terms of her lack of transparency. I have sent an email to the tea company she promotes, asking them how they feel about her not even using their product etc, and that is reflects badly on them as a brand, and I'm waiting to hear back. I feel like anyone who feels that a blogger, influencer etc isn't being transparent should contact the company they are working with, as maybe it'll force them to take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Cria wrote: »
    Just had a look there, looks like the reviews and visitor posts are gone.

Trying to bury the bad feedback as much as she can! I don't think people will forget though!

scarbouro wrote: »
    Trying to bury the bad feedback as much as she can! I don't think people will forget though!

That's what it looks like if you have no reviews or visitor posts on your public page shows you have something to hide.

• Advertisement

I don't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement